Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - What's in a Name?

Drabble. Set after the episode Common Ground. John feels guilty about one simple thing...

Chapter 1 - What's in a Name?

Chapter 1 - What's in a Name?

Disclaimer-- I don’t own Stargate: Atlantis or anything related to it. That belongs to MGM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s in a name?

John Sheppard pondered this as he looked out over the waters surrounding Atlantis. Most people who utter this old saying either do it to try and get out of trouble or to make a joke. No one really ever wonders…what is in a name?

On his last trip through the Stargate, Sheppard had been taken captive by humans…and saved by a Wraith. The Wraith had taken years from him…and then given them back. As Sheppard had felt his years return, he had wondered about what his temporary friend had said to him earlier.

You are more like Wraith than you know.”

That stuck with Colonel Sheppard. What did that mean? How could they be like Wraith? But this was not the thing that had bothered him most. There was only one factor that had eaten at John. This Wraith had saved his life…and he didn’t even know his name.

Sheppard’s thoughts were halted when Weir joined him on the balcony. He glanced up at the star-filled sky and then turned toward Elizabeth.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?” he asked.

“Could say the same to you,” she answered.

He shrugged and said nothing. A few moments passed in silence. And then--

“So, what’s wrong, John?” Weir asked.

“Nothing,” he shrugged again.

“It’s that Wraith, isn’t it?”

Sheppard didn’t answer. Elizabeth gave a very small smile of triumph. More silent moments passed. Finally, John said, “I never asked for it.”

“What?”

“I didn’t ask for his name.”

Elizabeth nodded. “Because…?”

John turned away.

“I don’t know. Because he was a Wraith. Because I thought he was evil. Pure evil. I don’t know.”

Weir turned and started back toward Atlantis. However, before she reentered the city, she commented, over her shoulder, “It’s okay. After all, what’s in a name?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Notes: So, just a short little drabble there. What did you think? Please review!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment