Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Nightmares

Sora always cared about the people closest to him, when they disapeared he didn't know what to do. Being sucked into so many strangers lives was getting confusing. (this is my first FANfic! whoot!)

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Nightmares

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Nightmares
Chapter One
Dreams and Nightmares

Sora walked onto the beach on Destiny Islands. It was a beautiful dawn and all he could think about was Riku and Kairi. Where were they? What happened to them? He wondered why he was asking himself these questions. He was home, and so were they. He could probably go over to each friends house and find them there. That’s what he decided to do, then he could prove himself wrong, and stop worrying. He went to Riku’s house first. Sora crawled through Riku’s window and looked at the bed. There was Riku’s shape under that covers. Sora walked up to him and whispered his name. Suddenly the shape under the covers squirmed. Then it rose. Then standing in front of Sora was a shadow heartless. Darkness took over and suddenly it was night again. It slashed out its claws, hoping to hurt him and steal his heart. Sora was so startled he froze. He couldn’t move out of the way and the painful sting of the heartless’ sharp claws ran across his arm. The heartless started to advance on him. Space between the two was disappearing. Sora didn’t budge, he couldn’t. shock was taking over from being right but wrong at the same time, and it all was to the worst. Just as the heartless reached him Riku and Kairi appeared behind the heartless. Both were tied up and looked frightened to death. Sora felt the need to save his friends and stupidly swung his sword at the heartless. It simply pushed it to the side. He ran at them but the harder he ran the farther they got. Three shadow heartless appeared and surrounded Riku and Kairi. Sora yelled out for them, but the heartless cut at them, tearing their skin apart, there was blood, and fear, and death in the air.

Sora woke up with a start. He was in his bed on the Gummi ship. Safe and sound, but lonely, so very lonely. He longed for the familiar faces from his home. But know, before he saw them he had to be brave. He had to find Riku and Kairi and save them from the heartless and ruthless villains who were gaining control. He lay back down, hoping a good dream would come. Not another nightmare, similar to the ones that has been clouding his mind every night ever since they left Traverse Town. He remembered the kind but annoying Donald Duck and Goofy. They may work for the king and they may be giving him a home for the time being but he knew that they were simply using him. He wished somebody else would be the one taking him in. Not a couple of goofs sent by the king who only provided his safety because he was their key to the king. Like somebody he knew from Destiny Islands. They would take him in because they cared and they needed him. Not just because they needed him. Sora figured that they all would grow to be closer friends as the time passed, but that was the future, and what mattered at the moment was how they felt now. He closed his eyes only to see Riku and Kairi being devoured. He opened them immediately from reflex.

By time morning came Sora had fallen asleep again. He didn’t dream any longer that night. He refused to allow himself to fall into a sleep deep enough to see the haunting pictures in his mind. Goofy slowly creaked the door open, he had heard Sora wake up the night before and didn’t want to bother him. Even though he was there to wake up Sora he took as much time as possible. First he opened the curtains to let in the light of dawn. Second he turned off the fan. Third he turned on quiet music. Finally Goofy walked over to Sora and whispered to him until he stirred. Sora sat up and looked around groggily.

“ Good morning Sora! Time to get up!”

“ Where-where am I,” he looked at Goofy with a confused look.

“ Well you’re on the Gummi ship Sora!” Goofy looked at Sora cheerfully, oblivious to his confusion.

Realization hit Sora as he remembered every little detail of what had happened in the past two weeks. It all flashed before him and he looked down. He felt slightly embarrassed of his confusion. Life had been so simple and easy before his home was swallowed by the darkness of the heartless. Things like this weren’t brushed off so easily and embarrassment came as a natural reflex. Sora looked out his window. It was a beautiful morning. To bad he didn’t have the view from his window back at home. Goofy left to let Sora change into his day clothes. Sora took his time changing. He knew there would be a delicious breakfast waiting at the table, but it didn’t matter. These days getting up was simply a routine.

“ Good morning Sora!” Donald looked up from Jiminy’s book. Jiminy was keeping track of everything that was happening, and this was the eighth time Donald has read it. “ Did you sleep well last night? Because we have a big day ahead of us!”

“ Uh, yeah. I slept great,” Sora sat down at his seat and stared at the cover of the book. What big day? Sitting around and watching the ship fly on its own? He asked himself to many questions and let out a sigh.

“ What’s wrong Sora?” Goofy looked slightly concerned.

“ Oh it’s nothing. I was just thinking.” Sora put on his best smile and looked away. He wondered what Riku was doing right now…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Riku_gurl on July 8, 2004, 1:51:02 AM

Riku_gurl on
Riku_gurlIve stolen him sora!!!!!! hes with me!!!!nee hee hee hee!!!!

Riku: *escapes*

hey whered he go!? *snaps fingers* crap! o well! gr8 fic spazz!

sora_lover on June 21, 2004, 11:46:32 PM

sora_lover on
sora_loverinteresting, nice story so far!