Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter 02

When Shiva took on human form to attend Deling City's Eden Festival, she hadn't counted on falling in love with the local monster hunter.

Chapter 7 - Chapter 02

Chapter 7 - Chapter 02
Winter's Child
FANDOM: Final Fantasy VIII
TITLE: Winter's Child
GENRE: Alternate Universe/PreGame
DISCLAIMER: All FF8 characters are the
property of SquareEnix.
-------------------------------

-CHAPTER 02
Clad in a cloak of icy blue, the blond woman hummed a song she'd heard earlier that afternoon as she made her way through the crowded streets.
She could hear snippets of conversation as she sought out a spot from which to watch the parade. She smiled at the boy who had just got a new puppy for his birthday and found herself wondering why some human beings chose to spend a large part of their lives in the company of lower lifeforms.
As she thought on this mystery, she missed the curb and stumbled, tearing her new dress and skinning her knee. "Ouch," she complained.
"Here," Marin knelt beside her, "permit me. I fear I have no spells to heal wounded dresses. But that knee should be no trouble."
Shiva watched as Marin cast a cura spell on her knee. She could feel it healing, and watched as the blood vanished from the site where the wound had been.
"Thank you," she told him. She wasn't entirely sure what the words meant, but she had observed that human beings who used them in these situations tended to be more highly thought of than those who did not.
"You're quite welcome," Marin told her as he helped her to her feet. "My name's Marin, by the way. Marin Loire. I'm the local monster hunter."
"Reine deGlace," she told him. "I'm a visitor in town."
"You've come for the Eden Festival, then?" Marin asked.
"Yes," Reine nodded. "Monster hunter, did you say? I've been in training recently for that. What types do you get around here?"
"Fly monsters mostly," Marin shrugged. "But this conversation must wait for now. Look! The parade is starting!"
Reine looked in the direction Marin was pointing as the parade made its way down the street. The crowd on either side waved flags and cheered as it went by.
Marin found himself stealing glances at Reine. He smiled at her as she became caught up in the cheering. She was, he thought, a woman he would not mind seeing again.
Deciding to throw caution to the wind, he turned to her as the parade ended.
"I hope I'm not being too forward," he told her, "But, if you're not too busy tomorrow, I'd like to show you around the city."
Reine had been planning to return to her realm that evening. But she found the idea of walking down the streets of Deling City with this young man to be an interesting idea.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment