Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Chapter 1

Ten years in the future, Equestria is now a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a dark entity. With Princess Celestia and the Mane Six gone, there was no pony left to stop this threat. Applebloom; now a grown mare and leader of the resistance, has decided to travel back to the past to prevent the catastrophe from happening, even at the cost of not returning to her own timeline.

Author's note: The story takes place between after Season 2 and before Season 3.

Chapter 0 - Chapter 1

Chapter 0 - Chapter 1
"Ten years since that day...Life as we know was never the same again."

The town known as Ponyville; the once populated place where earth ponies, unicorns and pegasuses lived in harmony now lies in ruins, nothing more then broken memories of the past. The town hall where the citizens would gather to celebrate the Summer Sun Celebration every year was now a huge pile of broken rubble, most homes around the area were burnt to the ground or demolished while some remain intact but empty.

Not a single soul lives in this ghost town anymore; Sugarcube Corner no longer stands to serve the citizens it's sweets and bakery made by the ever so cheerful Pinkie Pie and the owners Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

The trees from Sweet Apple Acres that has once grew delicious apples have all withered and died out, the barns and even the house were destroyed as if a tornado ran through it.

The Carousel Boutique where Rarity made countless dresses for her customers and friends was now gone, the only thing that remains were broken mirrors, scattered materials and pieces of the dress form mannequins.

The Golden Oak Library remains in tact despite being a dead tree, inside there were empty selves, not even one book was left but only cobwebs.

The sky was now covered in thick, pitch-black clouds that blocked out the sun for years and without it, plant life cannot grow and the wildlife that Fluttershy took care of have died from starvation. A few however managed to survive and even made her cottage near the Everfree Forest a safe haven for them but even so, it is still hard for them to find food.

"All of this happened when Princess Celestia, the beloved ruler of Equestria had suddenly passed away in her sleep. The news came as a huge shock not only in Equestria but to the entire world. Ponies; earth, unicorn and pegasus have all attended her funeral including many different races from across the globe. Her death had brought a great saddness to Equestria, Twilight took her death really hard and fell into a deep depression. How could somepony like Celestia; an immortal and powerful alicorn die all of a sudden, If they only knew the real truth behind her death...six months after the funeral, that is when everything came down."

Elsewhere around Equestria, the crackling sound of a whip was heard as a dragon wearing black spiked armor was whipping a group of ponies who were chained up and dragging a large boulder from behind. The dragons were forcing them to build an statue; though unfinished, it appears to be a gigantic figure of some kind.

"Equestria was soon taken over by an evil entity named Lucifer; ruler of the Underworld, lead an army of his minions out across the entire country and without Celestia to help fend off the invasion, all hope was lost...Twilight and her friends tried to fight Lucifer but they perished before they could use the Elements of Harmony. Even Princess Luna and Cadance didn't stand a chance against him and they too perished. With no one to stop him, Lucifer became the tyrannical ruler of Equestria and enslaved the remaining pony population."

Canterlot; the city where Princess Celestia once lived and ruled Equestria now in ruins, the castle lies in dead silence, not a sound was heard...

"For years we have freed many ponies while at the same time trying to fight off Lucifer but to no avail, it was a fight that we weren't going to win and all hope seemed lost...until now."

All of a sudden, an explosion from the castle echoed across the city as three ponies; all wearing full black suits with green vests and black masks came bolting out of the castle, a group of flying dragons were chasing after them into the empty streets.

"Don't let them get away!" shouted one of the dragons as he charged towards them with the others following from behind.

The three ponies spread across the streets as the dragons break into several groups to go after them. When two of the dragons swooped down to strike one of the fleeing ponies but to their surprise, the pony sprouted out wings hidden from the suit and flew up in the air, narrowly avoided the dragons who then crashed into a building when they weren't looking.

The other pony revealed to be a unicorn due to the horn sticking out from the mask, uses a magic spell to lift a pole from one of the buildings and hits the dragons with it like a baseball bat. The third pony took something from the vest and threw it at the last two remaining dragons, it looked like a small black ball but a net comes out from it and entangled the flying reptiles, causing them to land on the ground hard and trying to get out at the same time arguing with one another.

"Get off my tail, you moron!" one of the dragons yelled.

"Your claws are scratching my wing, stupid!" the other dragon spat back.

The trio ran out of the city limits and simultaneously jumps off the edge of the waterfall, the pegasus grabbed onto the earth pony and and landed safely while the unicorn used a teleportation spell to reappear on the ground along side the two.

"That was close." Said the masked unicorn

"Tell me about it, do you still have it?" asked the masked pegasus, the unicorn who carried a small bag took out a dusty old book.

"Yep and intact too." The unicorn replied

"We better get back to Zecora and fast before those dragons come after us." The earth pony suggested as the two nods and headed off into the Everfree Forest.

Once the three arrived at Zecora's home, they entered to see the elderly enchantress mixing something in her cauldron, possibly her usual stew recipe or a potion.

"Ah you three have came back, I hope that you didn't get attacked." Zecora notices them at the door.

The three took off their masks and revealed themselves to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders; Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle now as fully grown mares.

"We did but we manage to lose them on the way here." said Scootaloo, her mane was slicked back and she has a scar across her right eye.

"It wasn't easy finding it, I can tell you that." said Sweetie Belle, not much has change for her with the exception of her mane which is more messier than what it used to look like when she was a filly. She pulls out the book and gives it to Zecora.

"We looked through it and it has the right spell." said Applebloom, her mane is much longer and styled in a similar fashion like her sister Applejack and a piece of her left ear was missing.

The door opens behind the three ponies as a tall but familiar dragon with purple scales and green spikes walks in carrying a couple of bags over his shoulders.

"Hey Zecora, I got some of the things you need." Spike said putting the bags down before he notices the three. "Girls, you made it out okay, did you manage to get the book?"

"Yes" said Scootaloo "Lucifer's minions spotted us but we took care of them."

"I was a little worried that you three would have gotten hurt or worse..." Spike said with a concerned tone.

"Here it is; The Time Traveling spell" said Zecora after finding the page "It says there that the spell can only work for a short amount of time, but the next page states that an limitless version will surely undo the crime. It requires a lot of energy for this to perform, so all we need now is a thunderous storm." Zecora explained to the group.

"Scootaloo, I want you to go out and find any thunderclouds, make sure it's a strong one." Applebloom gave an order to her pegasus friend.

"I'm on it." Scootaloo said before she flew out to the door.

"Sweetie Belle, you help Zecora set up the spell. Spike and I will go out and set up the lightning rods around the area." Applebloom said as they nod in agreement and head out.

Scootaloo searches through the skies for any signs of a thundercloud, even for a skilled pegasus like her it was difficult to find under the dark clouds that Lucifer cast over the country. Meanwhile Zecora and Sweetie Belle were outside making an outline on the ground that looks like a circle with ancient markings around it.

Applebloom and Spike were setting up the lightning rods at the highest spots around the Everfree Forest, then leading the wires towards the symbol on the ground where they planted more metal rods around the pattern. Scootaloo comes back in time with a big thundercloud that looked unstable, especially how its emitting lightning bolts at random.

"Thundercloud ready!" Shouted Scootaloo as she flies on top of it.

"I'm ready when you are, Applebloom." Sweetie Belle called out, her horn glowing with an magical aura.

"All the rods are aligned and ready to go." Applebloom informed the others and then gives Scootaloo the signal.

Scootaloo jumps up and stomps on the cloud repeatedly as lightning bolts struck down on the metal rods, causing massive amount of electricity to pass through the wires and onto the rods around the pattern. Sweetie Belle casts the spell at the pattern which glows brightly, the magical energy merges with the lightning from the rods and they all shot out from each direction into the center of the pattern. The chain reaction has caused a large portal to appear in the center, the gang gathered in front of the newly opened portal.

"It's set to go back to a few days before Princess Celestia's death." Sweetie Belle stated. "But there's something you need to know, the portal can only allow one pony in and..." she stops at the last sentence.

"And what?" asked Applebloom.

"Once somepony goes in...they can't come back." Sweetie Belle said looking down.

"Is this true?" Spike looked at Zecora who sadly agreed with Sweetie Belle.

"I'm afraid it is true, Spike" said Zecora "Question is, who would go in?"

The gang stood in silence for a moment upon hearing the ultimate decision of going back in time and never being able to return, this was a suicidal mission but they came this far to drop everything they worked for.  

"I'll go." Applebloom said with a determined look.

"Applebloom!" said a surpised Scootaloo "If you go in there, you won't ever come back."

"I know that Scootaloo but for the past ten years, we had to endure this hell caused by Lucifer" Applebloom stated as she looks at her friends "He was the cause of all of this; Princess Celestia, our friends, our families....even big sis...." she nearly choked upon mentioning her deceased sister. "We cannot just stand there as he continues to make everypony suffer under his reign. That is why I made my decision to go back in the past to restore the future of Equestria!"

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at their comrade in tears hearing her speech, Applebloom walks towards them as she gives them a group hug.

"Sweeite Belle, Scootaloo, you been my best friends for years and it's been great spending the best moments of my life with the two of you." Applebloom tearfully hugs each of them.

Spike and Zecora watched this heart warming moment as the zebra wipes the tears from her eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you, Applebloom." cried Sweetie Belle.

"We'll never forget you" said Scootaloo wiping her tears away. "Cutie Mark Crusaders forever."

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Forever!" The three unitedly put their hoof's together as a sign of respect of the trio. Applebloom then goes to Spike and Zecora.

"Spike, Zecora, thank you for being there with me especially during these dark times." Applebloom said as she too gave them a hug.

"Goodbye Applebloom, tell Twilight that I missed her for me, will you?" Said the sad dragon which Applebloom nods.

"I've enjoyed the time I spent with you my dear, now you must go to make this future clear." Zecora smiled at her as Applebloom turns around and steps in front of the portal but not before looking back at her friends.

"Farewell everypony..." Applebloom said as she walks into the portal, which closes the moment she passed through, the red-haired mare finds herself falling down a dark tunnel which seemed endlessly until she notices a bright light below. Applebloom falls through and lands on a patch of green grass, she recognized the apple trees in front of her and all around the surrounding landscape, the few words that came out of her mouth that answered where she's at now was.

"Sweet Apple Acres..."

To Be Continued.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment