Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2

Ten years in the future, Equestria is now a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a dark entity. With Princess Celestia and the Mane Six gone, there was no pony left to stop this threat. Applebloom; now a grown mare and leader of the resistance, has decided to travel back to the past to prevent the catastrophe from happening, even at the cost of not returning to her own timeline.

Author's note: The story takes place between after Season 2 and before Season 3.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2
"Sweet Apple Acres..."

Applebloom couldn't help but gaze upon her childhood home; the apple fields, the barn house, the clear blue sky with the warm sunlight radiating on her face, a sight that she had not felt for so many years. Applebloom strolls while looking at the entire farm.

"It's been so long since I've remember what this place used to look like." Applebloom reminisces as she goes near an apple tree. "My family grew the best apples in Equestria, how I miss eating them."

This gave the yellow mare an idea.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt if I eat just a few of them." She turns around and bucks the tree, causing apples to fall to the ground. The moment she took a bite out of one, Applebloom literally cried with joy and ate the rest of the apples, leaving her with a full belly and a pile of apple cores next to the relaxed pony.

"I hadn't eaten like that in a while." said the satisfied patted her belly, suddenly she hears a couple of voices that were heading her way. Applebloom looks and see's her big sister Applejack walking with her filly self and their dog Winona.

"It's Applejack, me, and Winona...Wait, I can't let them see me like this, not yet!" Thinking fast, the future pony runs and hides inside the barn nearby. As Applejack and the younger Applebloom arrived at the farm, Winona stop as she catches a scent with her nose and she starts growling.

"Huh? What is it, girl?" asked Applejack as Winona runs towards the barn and barks at it, Applejack and her little sister soon followed. "Hey, who's in there?!" Applejack demanded.

Inside the barn, the older Applebloom was hiding behind one of the piles of hay. "Oh crap, I forgot Winona has a good nose!"

"That's it, I'm coming in!" Applejack opened the barn door, with the hiding pony trying to remain as quiet as possible, hoping that she does not get spotted. "Hey!"

On one of the piles of hay lies the grey pegasus Derpy taking a nap. "Five more minutes." Derpy talked in her sleep much to the annoyance of the farming pony.

"WAKE UP!!!!" Shouted Applejack as Derpy jumps up and flaps her wings in mid air.

"Ohh hey Applejack." greeted the crossed-eyed pony "I was having the most beautiful dream about a cloud raining muffins."

"Derpy, my barn isn't a place for you to sleep in, can't you take a nap on a cloud like Raindow Dash does?" asked Applejack

"I did earlier but I got zapped by lightning a bunch of times." Derpy replied with a goofy smile. "I just thought sleeping here would be more quiet."

"Just go take a nap somewhere else, okay sugarcube?" Applejack kindly suggested "And not on a thundercloud this time."

"Alrighty then." Derpy said as she flies out of the barn but crashes into something.

"Sorry Applejack!" Derpy yelled out as she flew away.

" *Sigh* I just don't understand that pony." said Applejack before turning her attention to Applebloom and Winona "Come on y'all, let's get back in the house and make us something to eat."

"Good cus I'm starving." the younger Applebloom happily replied.

The older Applebloom slightly pokes her head out of the hay, watching her older sister and her present self leaving the barn. The younger Applebloom stops and turns for a moment but see's no one.

"Huh? Could have sworn somepony was just watching me, must be my imagination." and with that, Applebloom leave to follow her sister.

"Phew, that was close" said the elder Applebloom "I better put my mask on just to be safe, I can't let them know about me until I meet with Twilight Sparkle." she puts on her mask and quietly sneaks out of Sweet Apple Acres. Later that day, after Applejack finishes her meal, she and her brother Big Mac went out to the fields to gather some apples when she notices a pile of apple cores on the ground.

"What the? Hey Big Mac, are these your apple cores?" asked Applejack.  

"Nnnope."  The red stallion replied.

"You sure?" Applejack gave her brother a suspicious look.

"Eeyup." Big Mac replied honestly.

"Hmmm I know it wasn't Derpy, she would have leave half-eaten muffins instead" Applejack thought to her self. "Still, If I ever find the pony that ate our apples without our permission, leaving the cores behind and expect us to clean it up, I'll buck'em where the sun doesn't shine!" She said this while Big Mac looked on nervously.

Meanwhile at the residential area of Ponyville, Applebloom was hiding in the alleyway while watching other ponies passing by, some of them she recognizes like her school teacher Cheerilee, the disc jockey known as Vinyl Scratch and even the present Scootaloo who rode through the streets on her scooter. Under the mask, Applebloom smiles as she remembers how this peaceful this place was but now's not the time to reminisce.

"Twilight's place shouldn't be too far from here." Applebloom said as she comes out once the coast was clear. "If I could get to her, I can tell her about the-"

Without warning, Applebloom bumps directly into Pinkie Pie who was carrying a cart containing a large strawberry cake from behind. Pinkie Pie stumbles back as the cart starts to roll back away from her, which then bumps into a small stone and causes the cake to go flying in the air. At the same time, Rarity was coming out of her boutique in a sparkling silver dress she had made.

"Oh just look how gorgeous this new dress is; forty-eight hours working on this magnificent piece but the results are just-" Rarity looks up and before she knew it, Pinkie Pie's cake lands and makes a huge mess all over the unicorn and her dress."*GASP* MY DREEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!" Rarity screams in horror and faints onto her couch.

"Oh no, my strawberry cake is ruined!" said Pinkie Pie who rushes towards Rarity, then she takes a quick lick of the cake from Rarity's horn. "Nope, it's still good."

"Your cake?!" Rarity sprung from her couch and glares at Pinkie Pie "My new dress is completely ruined and I worked so hard on it!" cried Rarity.

"It wasn't my fault, some pony bumped into me and I lost control on my cart" explained Pinkie Pie, who notices the masked pony not too far from where they're at. "Hey there he is!" she pointed out.

"Uh oh!" said Applebloom as she took off running.

"Hey wait, I never seen that pony before." said Pinkie Pie "I should get to know him and even throw a party for him!" She skips after the masked pony with Rarity following her. "He will pay for crimes against fashion!"

Applebloom takes a sharp left turn and then right at another path to lose them when she runs past Fluttershy, causing her to spin around and dropping the groceries she was carrying.

"Sorry about that, Fluttershy!" Applebloom shouted as she bolts off.

"How did that pony know my name?" Said a confused Fluttershy

"Hey Fluttershy!" Fluttershy turns and see's Pinkie Pie and Rarity. "Did you by any chance see a masked pony around?"

"Ummm y-yes I did, he went that way..." Fluttershy pointed at the direction where the masked pony headed to and the two ponies ran off. "Wait for me, please!" the timid pegasus followed her friends.

Applebloom sprints across town, through the alleyways and even in the open streets until she see's the Golden Oak Library just a few yards away. She quickly heads inside and shuts the door behind her, there she falls down to catch her breath.

"Damn..." Applebloom hyperventilates. "This really...isn't my day....but...at least I...made it to Twilight's place." She sits up and noticed how quiet the library is. "Twilight....Spike?"

Outside the library, the three ponies stop as they don't see any signs of the masked pony.

"Huh? Where did he go?" wondered the hyperactive pink pony "He couldn't have disappeared out of thin air."

"He seems really fast, we just weren't fast enough." said Fluttershy.

"Why couldn't you have used your wings to spot him from the air?" Rarity said to Fluttershy

"Umm...well I didn't think about that." Fluttershy nervously smiles.

"Hey gals!" The three mares heard Applejack coming along. "What's with all the commotion I've been hearing about? I've been trying to catch up with y'all but you kept running."

"We were trying to chase after this wierd-looking pony who wore a strange mask after he ruin that big delicious cake I was gonna share with you girls." Pinkie Pie explained

"Unfortunately that won't happen because Pinkie Pie's cake was all over me and my new dress" said Rarity "Oh how I want to wrap my hooves around his neck for this!" she growled.

"This is strange, earlier I found a pile of apple cores near one of my apple trees" said Applejack. "I'm beginning to think that this masked pony y'all taking about is the culprit behind this."

"But we lost him while chasing after him around town." said Fluttershy.

"Hey girls" The girls saw Twilight along with Spike and Raindow Dash, who both were carrying stacks of books for the purple unicorn. "What's going on? Why are you all at my place?"

"Some masked pony was causing a bit of havoc around town, he ruined my new dress with Pinkie Pie's cake!" Rarity explained.

"At least the cake was still tasty." Pinkie Pie responded.

"He sorta...bumped into me." Fluttershy stuttered.

"Apparently he ate some of my apples from my farm and left a pile of apple cores without picking them up" Applejack explained. "You didn't happen to run into him, did you?"

"Not that I know of" said Rainbow Dash "I was with Twilight and Spike carrying these books she just bought at tha new bookstore." Rainbow Dash puts the stack of books down besides her. "Finally, they were getting kinda heavy."

Spike drops the books on the ground as well. "Much better." he said before Twilight gave him an annoyed look. "What? They were heavy."

"So do you know where did this masked pony went to?" Twilight asked.

"No, we lost him on the way here and we don't have any idea where he's at." said Fluttershy.

"Girls! Girls! I found him! I found him!" shouted Pinkie Pie who was looking through the window. "He's inside Twilight's house!"

"What?!" Twilight rushes into her home and saw the masked pony in the library. Before she could react, Twilight uses a spell to bind the mask pony and levitate her in mid air.

"Think that you could break into my house and steal my stuff?!" Twilight growled as Spike and the rest of the girls entered, standing besides her.

"Wait! Let me explain, I didn't mean any harm to you and your friends!" struggled Applebloom.

"The only harm you caused was my dress!" Rarity said in anger.

"And my cake!" Pinkie Pie added. "And it was a good one too."

"Twilight Sparkle, I came to see you, I have an important message to give you, please put me down!" Applebloom was having a hard time talking through her mask.

"If you think I'm falling for that trick, it's not happening" Twilight said as she brings the pony closer to her. "Now let's see who you really are under that mask."

Twilight grabs her mask and pulls it off of Applebloom's head.

"What the?" Twilight suddenly puts her down and releases the spell off of her.

"So that's what he- I mean she looks like." said Pinkie Pie.

"Why did you let her go, Twilight?" asked Rainbow Dash

"I don't know why but doesn't this pony look a little...familiar to you?" said Twilight as the girls take a closer glance at the unmasked pony.

"Now that you mentioned it, she does look somewhat familiar." said Fluttershy.

Applejack goes closer to the strangely-familiar pony for a better look; the orange eyes, the red mane and the light yellow coat. All of those fit the description of one pony as it suddenly dawns on Applejack.

"This...This can't be possible...i-is that you, Applebloom?" asked a surprised Applejack

"Hi...Big sis." Applebloom nervously smiles as the rest of the girls, including Spike gasped upon learning the true identity of this mysterious pony.

To Be Continue.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment