Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 4

Ten years in the future, Equestria is now a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a dark entity. With Princess Celestia and the Mane Six gone, there was no pony left to stop this threat. Applebloom; now a grown mare and leader of the resistance, has decided to travel back to the past to prevent the catastrophe from happening, even at the cost of not returning to her own timeline.

Author's note: The story takes place between after Season 2 and before Season 3.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 4

Chapter 3 - Chapter 4
It was early in the morning at Sweet Apple Acres, the rooster crows at dawn as Future Applebloom was sound asleep peacefully in bed. The yellow mare wakes up upon hearing the rooster crowing a second time, lifting the blanket off of herself and getting out of bed, Future Applebloom gets herself ready to go to Caterlot with the others to meet with Princess Celestia. Despite being awake, she was nodding off a bit, she hadn't got much sleep since after the nightmare she had last night caused her to wake the entire household. Just as Future Applebloom was about to leave the room to see Applejack, she finds her filly self standing in front of the door way.

"Oh, morning Applebloom." She said to the young Applebloom.

"Applelove...can we talk?" Applebloom asked looking down sadly. "I have something I like to ask you."

"Sure, come on in" The mare moves aside to let Applebloom walk in. "So what's been bothering you, Applebloom?"

"Well...last night when you had that nightmare that woke us all up, I couldn't go back to sleep so I went down to get something to drink when I saw you and Applejack talking in the kitchen" Applebloom lifts her head up and looks at the mare. "You're not really our cousin Applelove; you're me from the future, are you?"

Future Applebloom was shocked to learn that her younger self overheard her conversation with Applejack last night about the day Lucifer invaded Ponyville and the demise of her family. No one but Applejack and her friends should have know about her identity as what it was originally planned, knowing she couldn't hide it anymore, Future Applebloom sat down with the filly and tells her the truth.

“You got me, kiddo” Future Applebloom confesses to her. “I'm you from ten years now.”

"There's a bunch of things I want to ask you but after hearing your story about what happen to our family...I don't think I even want to know more." lamented Applebloom.

"A young filly such as yourself shouldn't think about things like that" stated Future Applebloom "Believe me, the things I've witnessed during those years made me wish I hadn't."

"You don't think all of this will come true, will it?" The worried filly looks at her future-self with sad-filled eyes.

"Applebloom...I came here to make sure this won't ever happen, I want you and every pony to have a long and bright future." Future Applebloom calmly explains to her before smiling to the filly. "So you don't need to worry about it, can you do that for me?"

"Alright" Applebloom replied, feeling somewhat better. "Just one question though; did you ever get your cutie mark?"

"I'm sorry but that's something I cannot tell you" Future Applebloom informs her as she brushes her younger self's mane. "I can't go and spoil things for you."

"Awwww." groaned a disappointed Applebloom.

"Don't be disappointed, you'll be able to get yours when the time is right." said Future Applebloom. "Is Applejack awake?"

"Yeah, she's in her room getting ready." replied Applebloom "She asked me to see if you were up so you could go with her to Canterlot."

"I better get ready as well" The mare said. "Oh and can you keep this little conversation strictly between us, you cannot tell any pony about what you heard last night."

"I promise." Applebloom agreed.

Future Applebloom smiles as she leaves the guest room to check on Applejack, she stops at the door but before she was about to knock, the door opens and slams Future Applebloom to the wall as Applejack comes out.

"Huh?" Applejack moves the door and see's her pinned against the wall. "Whoops, sorry about that, Applebloom."

"No worries." said Future Applebloom as stars floats around her head, then she shakes it off and stands up. "We should get going so we can meet up with the others, are you ready?"

"Yep" said Applejack. "Let's go."

Future Applebloom follows Applejack as they said their goodbyes to their family and left Sweet Apple Acres to meet up with Twilight and the others. The gang heads to the train station and boarded on the one heading to Canterlot, the train starts moving as the group settled down in their rooms. As hours pass by, Future Applebloom quietly watched the passing scenery by the window, she was thinking about how to break the news to Princess Celestia. For Future Applebloom, it's been so long since she last saw the princess, ever since the funeral she attended with her family and friends. She could never forget that sad day, Twilight was so heart broken by her death that she was left in a depressed state for months, Spike once told her that Twilight lost the will to study and even gave up on researching magic. Then Pinkie Pie skips pass by her but then skips back a couple of steps and saw the gloomy mare.

"Hey, what's with the long face, Applebloom?" asked the pink-colored mare.

"Huh?" Future Applebloom snaps back to reality and see's Pinkie Pie. "Oh...well it's been so long since I've last seen Princess Celestia, so I'm kinda nervous about breaking the news to her."

"Ohhh well I know how to fix that, how about we do a little role play" suggested Pinkie Pie. "I'll be Princess Celestia and you'll be you."

"Ummm okay, if that helps..." said Future Applebloom as she takes a deep breath. "Princess Celestia, I have some devastating news from the future to bring you-"

"Oooh what happens in the future? Will there be a new princess or prince? Does Twilight Sparkle get married to a handsome colt?" Pinkie Pie overreacts with her acting, causing Future Applebloom to hoof palm herself.

"Pinkie Pie, please be serious about this." demanded Future Applebloom.

"Oops, sorry about that, guess I got a little carried away." said the embarrassed Pinkie Pie.

As the two continued with their role playing, Applejack was talking with the girls about the nightmare Future Applebloom had last night and her sobbing confession.

"Poor Applebloom..." muttered Fluttershy.

"To think that she would carry such a burden for so long, I can't imagine the pain and suffering she had to endured." said Twilight.

"With us gone and no pony left to protect Equestria, it can do a whole lot on any pony..." Applejack sadly said.

"Why don't we do something for Applebloom?" suggested Rarity.

"Yeah, to raise her spirit up" Rainbow Dash agreed. "It's better than being gloomy all the time."

"That's a great idea but you all have to remember that Applebloom has wounds that could never heal" Twilight informs the girls. "Mental wounds are a lot different from psychical wounds so lets not do something that reminds her of the future she lived in, it could trigger a post-traumatic episode."

The girls nodded in agreement as they meet with Future Applebloom and Pinkie Pie who they finish role playing with dissatisfying results.

"Sorry Applebloom, I guess I don't do a very good Celestia." Pinkie Pie apologizes.

"It's alright Pinkie, I figured that talking to the princess herself would be better." said Future Applebloom.

"Say Applebloom" said Applejack "Me and the girls were talking and Rarity here suggested an idea that would make you feel better."

"Like what?" Future Applebloom raise an eyebrow.

"Like shopping for a new outfit for you, my dear" suggested Rarity as she stands next to her. "You have been wearing that uniform since you arrived so I thought it would be good to give you a make over."

"I don't know about that..." doubted the future mare.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun" Rarity insisted "We'll get you something formal to wear like a new dress and even a mane-do, after all you do want to look your best when we see Princess Celestia."

"Just give it a shot, Applebloom." said Applejack.

"Well...if you say so, I'll do it." Future Applebloom agreed.

"Oh this is gonna be so wonderful." cheered Rarity.

"Hey Applebloom" Said Pinkie Pie as she was holding a small red ball "This fell out of your vest, what does this do? does it bounce really high?"

"No Pinkie Pie, that's a-" before the future mare could finish, Pinkie Pie drops the red ball as the room started to fill up with red smoke, causing the ponies to cough and gag. "Pepper *Cough* Bomb!"

"MY EYES! IT STINGS!" yelled Rarity.

"MY NOSE FEELS LIKE IT'S ON FIRE!!!" cried Rainbow Dash.

"IT'S GETTING ON MY TONGUE AND IT BURNS!" Twilight coughs.

"DAMN IT, PINKIE PIE!" Shouted Applejack.

"Whoops, my *cough* bad." chuckled Pinkie Pie.

"Oh dear, I don't feel so..." a dizzy Fluttershy falls down and faints.

Twilight quickly uses her magic to open the windows to clear the room of the pepper smoke. Later that day, the gang finally arrives at Canterlot where Rarity grabs Future Applebloom and takes her all around the city; from mane salons to the dress shops. The others catches up with Rarity who was coming out of one of the dress shops and from the look on the unicorn's face, she was excited to show the girls.

"Girls, I want to proudly introduce to you, the new Applebloom." Rarity moves aside as the girls saw Future Applebloom coming out in a beautiful green gown and her mane styled to where it covers up her deformed ear.

"Wow!" the astonished five ponies said in unison.

"Doesn't she just look fabulous?" asked Rarity.

"Applebloom, you look really beautiful." complimented Applejack.

"You really think so?" asked Future Applebloom as she blushes.

"Yeah, it's like you're a completely different mare" said Rainbow Dash.

"Ooh Ooh Applebloom, I want to know if you ever got your cutie mark? If so, can we see it?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"No can do, that is classified personal information,” informed Future Applebloom.

“Oh come on, just a little peek?” pleaded Pinkie Pie who tried to look up her dress but Future Applebloom pulls herself away from her.

“Pinkie Pie, I can't do that!” she exclaimed. “If I somewhat show you or any pony my cutie mark, especially if my present self were to find out, it could cause serious consequences in the time line.”

“Applebloom is right” Twilight agreed. “It's best that we don't find out, her younger self doesn't have hers yet and revealing it too soon could create a time paradox.”

“Time paradox?” questioned Pinkie Pie.

“I'll explain it to you on the way to Princess Celestia.” said Twilight as the gang make their way to the royal castle, the purple unicorn tries to explain her eccentric friend about what a time paradox is but it only confuses Pinkie Pie even more. Once they arrived at the royal castle, the gang enters the throne room where they see Princess Celestia awaiting.

“We're here, Princess Celestia.” greeted Twilight.

“Thank you for all coming” said Princess Celestia. “May I speak with the one who claimed to have come from the future?“

"That would be me, your highness" said Future Applebloom as she walks up to Celestia and bows to her. "I'm Applejack's younger sister Applebloom, I've traveled ten years from now to warn you of the upcoming events."

"It's an honor to meet you, Applebloom." Princess Celestia happily replied. "The letter Twilight sent to me the other day briefly describes of these horrid events you have told her, I would like to hear the full story from your own words."

"Yes, I'm prepared to tell you everything I know, Princess Celestia" said Future Applebloom as she begins to tell the Princess of the bleak future of Equestria in graphic details; From Celestia's death at the hands of an assassin, the invasion led by Lucifer who escaped from the Underworld, the demise of the mane six, the enslavement of pony-kind and finally the country being cast into eternal darkness. "And that's all there is to it, your highness." Future Applebloom finished.

Princess Celestia expressed a mix of shock and sadness from hearing Future Applebloom's story, she never imagined the thought of Equestria turning into a dark place to live in, especially the part about her assassination. The compassionate alicorn gently places her hoof on the pony's shoulder.

"Applebloom, I'm sorry that you went through such an ordeal." Princess Celestia said with a comforting tone. "You've grown into a very brave pony who's willing to do everything to save Equestria from a horrid fate."

"Thank you, Princess." smiled Future Applebloom.

"I never thought the day would come when Lucifer plans on taking over Equestria once again" the princess said with a serious expression. "I've used the Elements of Harmony a thousand years ago to create the seal in order to prevent him from escaping the Underworld."

"But if the seal is still intact, how was he able to get out?" wondered Twilight.

"It's possible that the seal itself could be losing it's power since I'm not connected with the Elements of Harmony anymore" stated Princess Celestia. "And as Applebloom said, he had some pony do his dirty work to eliminate me before the seal finally broke."

"Lucifer must have known about it and used it as an advantage" said Applejack "But it doesn't explain how he could contact that pony to pull off the perfect crime while still imprisoned."

"Princess Celestia, did Lucifer possessed any magic abilities?" Twilight asked her mentor.

"When I fought against Lucifer that day, he was capable of performing dark magic at a scale that almost rivaled mine" Princess Celestia explains to the ponies. "But he had one weakness that turned the tide of the battle and that was the light from the sun.”

“The sun...of course!” exclaimed Future Applebloom as she finally realizes something. "That's why Lucifer blocked out the sun in my time, he knew it would weaken him so if he kept Equestria in total darkness, he would remain at his most powerful peak, that's why we could never beat him...“

“Back when he was a barbarian emperor, Lucifer attacked the countries he targeted at night.” informed Celestia. “I was able to use the sun to weaken him enough to seal him away.”

"Do you think the reason he could contact some pony from the outside is because of the current condition of the seal?” questioned Twilight “It's likely that some of his magic could have seep out of it but still keeping Lucifer in.”

“That is a possible theory, Twilight” said Princess Celestia. “But if we need all the answers to our questions, the first priority is to catch the assassin who is the only connection with Lucifer.”

“The only problem is that we don't know who it could be, even Applebloom's knowledge about the assassin's identity is unknown.” said Twilight.

“Girls, I think I may have an idea but I'm going to need all of your help to pull this off.” the princess suggests as she begins to explain her plan to the girls, which the mane six and Future Applebloom agreed and started to work on their secret plan.

Two days have passed as it was night time at the castle, the royal guards were patrolling the area for any signs of intruders but unaware to them that a cloaked pony had already passed through them and entered the castle. Sneaking across the hallway, the assassin avoided the passing guard and heads towards the door leading to Princess Celestia's room, slowly opening the door and taking a look inside to see the princess already in bed sleeping. The pony carefully walks inside her room without trying to make any sudden sound, once it was close enough to Celestia, the pony lift its hood to reveal a greenish-gray unicorn mare; her almond-shaped eyes were a bright shade of green and her wavy mane jet-black with a silver streak across. She takes out a small dagger with a dark purple blade from her cloak and uses her magic to lift it above the princess, the unicorn takes a deep breath and closes her eyes as she strikes the blade right down on Princess Celestia's neck but when she did, a loud squeaking sound was heard.

“Huh?”

The unicorn pulls the blade out and to her surprise, there was no blood. Confused by this, she pulls the covers off and saw that it was not the princess in bed but a life-size doll that looks exactly like Princess Celestia in every detail. The unicorn suddenly realizes that this was a trap and before she could run off, the door shuts itself and a crimson-colored collar was latched onto her neck by a passing rainbow blur. The lights were turn on and she see's the mane six along with Princess Luna and the royal guards in the room. The unicorn tries to use her magic to escape but nothing was coming out of her horn.

“Don't even try, that is an anti-magic collar used for delinquent unicorns such as yourself” stated Princess Luna. “Your magic abilities are disabled, I also hear by place you under arrest for the attempted murder of Princess Celestia.”

“But...this is impossible, how did you know what I was going to be here?” wondered the shocked unicorn.

“We were alerted by an anonymous source about the plot to kill my sister so Twilight and her friends here set up this trap in case you decided to sneak in the castle” explained Luna “Now state your name, assassin!”

The Unicorn decides to remain silence and turning her eyes away much to the dismay of Princess Luna.

“If that's how it's going to be, so be it.” said the night princess as she turns to the royal guards. “Guards, take her down to the dungeon this instant, I want Shining Armor to interrogate her tomorrow morning!”

The royal guards surrounded the unicorn who reluctantly gives herself up as there was no chance of escaping, they placed shackles on her legs and took the unnamed unicorn out of the room. Twilight looks at the dagger that the unicorn dropped on the floor and lifts it in mid-air to have a better look.

“So this is the weapon that killed Celestia in Applebloom's timeline....” said Twilight. “It doesn't look like any normal dagger.”

“Because it isn't” the group turns to see Princess Celestia with Future Applebloom by her side. “The blade on that dagger is laced with a powerful toxin called Silent Violet, one drop of this poison is enough to wipe out an entire city population.”

“Silent Violet?!” said a surprised Twilight. “But I thought the flowers that produced this poison was extinct years ago.”

“I thought so as well, since I had to wipe them out so that no pony would suffer from it's effects.” stated Princess Celestia. “But apparently some manage to survive and the assassin got a hold of one.”

“I'll dispose of this dagger for you, sister.” Princess Luna insisted as Twilight hands her the dagger. “We can't let this fall into the wrong hooves.”

Princess Celestia nods as her younger sister leaves to get rid of the poison-coated weapon, then she turns to Twilight and her friends.

“All of you have done a fantastic job preventing a great tragedy.” said Princess Celestia. “But now we should get some rest for tomorrow.”

The gang agreed with the princess as they left to their room to sleep for the night, even though they have successfully prevented Princess Celestia's death from the unnamed unicorn, Future Applebloom had a troublesome feeling that something wasn't right about this at all. The next day, the girls were awake and eating breakfast at the royal dining hall but the future mare just couldn't shake that unease feeling she had since last night, all she could think about was what was going to happen next now that Celestia is alive. Applejack notices her sister wasn't eating and was a bit concerned about her.

“Hey sis, something bugging you?” Applejack asked. “You haven't touched your plate.”

“Oh...I'm just not that hungry right now, you can have mine if you like.” said Future Applebloom as she gives her plate to Applejack.

“Suit yourself.” said Applejack as she wolfs down on Future Applebloom's plate.

Just then, the girls see Shining Armor coming into the dining hall.

"Shining Armor" said Twilight as she happily goes to greet her BBBFF (short for Big Brother Best Friend Forever) "It's good to see you again."

"Hey little sis." smiled Shining Armor. "It's great to see you again too."

"Princess Celestia told me that you went to interrogate that unicorn, have you made any progress?" asked Twilight.

"I did but she refuses to say anything to me." Shining Armor informs her. "She won't tell me her name even after I threaten her that she would receive a life sentence."

"That unicorn sounds more stubborn than a mule." said Applejack.

"How do we suppose to get her to talk than?" wondered Fluttershy.

"I say we make her talk by force." suggested Rainbow Dash.

"I don't think that would work that way, Rainbow Dash" said Twilight "Beside she could be hiding something from us."

"We know she has connections with Lucifer." said Rarity

"There has to be a way to convince her to spill the beans." said Pinkie Pie.

"I would like to have a word with her" suggested Future Applebloom as every pony turns to her. "I know of a way to get her to talk."

"You must be the pony that Princess Celestia told me about, the one who came from the future" said Shining Armor. "Applebloom, was it?"

"Yes" Future Applebloom nodded. "If you let me talk to her, I could get her to tell us about why she tried to kill the princess."

"Hmmm I guess it's worth a shot,  after all you did prevent the assassination attempt." said Shining Armor. "Alright, I'll take you to the dungeon to talk with her."

"I'm going too." insisted Twilight.

"Me too." Rainbow Dash includes herself.

"We might as well go along with you, sis." said Applejack.

"Okay but just so you know, the dungeon is not a place for the faint of heart" Shining Armor informs them. "So don't stay there for too long."

With that, Shining Armor and the gang leaves the dining hall with Pinkie Pie dragging the scared Fluttershy from behind. Soon after, they arrived at the dungeon with Shining Armor leading them, they came across a hall way of prison cells filled with criminals and the worst kinds of ponies. A few of the inmates holler and whistled at the girls passing by, which causes Fluttershy to get even more nervous being at a place like this but they soon stopped when Rainbow Dash threatens to kick their sorry asses if they whistled at them one more time. Shining Armor stops at the only prison cell that was away from the populated area.

"This is where we keep her in" said Shining Armor "Normally this cell is made for the most dangerous types of prisoners but since her crime is a special case, it's best that we keep her in here for her own safety."

Shining Armor's horn glows as he unlocks the doors and opens it, there they saw the sulking unicorn sitting by the corner of the room with shackles on all four of her legs. She lifts her head up and see's the girls coming inside.

"I'll give you an hour to get her to talk." said Shining Armor as he closes the doors.

"Oh my, I don't like being at this awful place at all." Fluttershy stuttered.

"Don't worry, you saw me how I handled those prisoners and besides, she won't do anything to us as long as she has that collar on." said Rainbow Dash.

"Well...I guess you're right." said Fluttershy feeling a little comfortable.

The unicorn silently stares at the group as Future Applebloom goes to her and sits down to talk.

"Okay here's the deal; We all know that not only you tried to kill Princess Celestia but you also have connections with the one who told you to kill her." said Future Applebloom. "Does Lucifer ring a bell to you?"

The name brought the attention to the unicorn but she still remains quiet.

"We like to know how you were able to contact with Lucifer because he's still sealed in the Underworld, If your still wondering why your assassination attempt failed, well it is because of me" informed Future Applebloom. "I was the one who told Princess Celestia that you were coming."

"What?!" the unicorn breaks her silence. "It was you? but how did you-"

"Know about this? Believe it or not, I came from ten years from the future after you successfully killed Princess Celestia, that act alone caused a terrible event to happen to the entire country of Equestria six months after." said Future Applebloom

"A terrible event?" questioned the unicorn, now looking a bit concerned.

"Lucifer was able to break free from the Underworld and led an army to invade Equestria, first by destroying Ponyville, then Canterlot and the rest of the country soon followed." Future Applebloom continued. "No one was able to stop him, not Princess Luna, Princess Cadance or even these girls here who hold the Elements of Harmony. With Princess Celestia gone, Equestria as we known was cast into eternal darkness."

The unicorn quietly listens to the future mare's story.

"I've seen what Lucifer did in my time; he massacred thousands of ponies, many fillies didn't have a chance to grow up with their parents because they're dead, none of them can led a peaceful life and the ponies that survived ended up becoming slaves for his own sick amusement. One of his minions tore a part of my ear off when I was a filly, my sister saved me in time but she and her friends were later killed by Lucifer." explained Future Applebloom who kneels down close to the imprisoned unicorn, expressing more sorrow as she continues on with her story.

"I had to watch my own sister die right before my very eyes, I lost my family and my home that day. I didn't get to grow up with them because they're gone, my surviving friends also lost their families as well and they were never the same after that." Future Applebloom sadly tells her. "So please for the sake of Equestria....tell us why you did this?"

The unicorn was brought to tears after hearing Future Applebloom's sad story, she would never thought her actions would affect the lives of every pony in Equestria. Now riddled with a mountain of guilt, the unicorn looks at Future Applebloom with remorse in her eyes.

"Alright.....I'll tell you." the unicorn was now ready to tell the girls. "My name is Emerald Gemstone and the reason why I tried to kill Princess Celestia....is because Lucifer forced me against my will."

To Be Continued

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment