Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 7

Ten years in the future, Equestria is now a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a dark entity. With Princess Celestia and the Mane Six gone, there was no pony left to stop this threat. Applebloom; now a grown mare and leader of the resistance, has decided to travel back to the past to prevent the catastrophe from happening, even at the cost of not returning to her own timeline.

Author's note: The story takes place between after Season 2 and before Season 3.

Chapter 6 - Chapter 7

Chapter 6 - Chapter 7
Emerald was sleeping quietly inside her cell despite that it was already ten-thirty in the morning, she couldn't blame herself though, not after her confrontation with Lucifer last night. The way he torment Emerald of her upcoming trial and the possibility of losing her mother haunted the distraught unicorn, the hooves on her front legs were still sore from beating against the wall when she was angered by the dark lord's words. A lot has gone through her mind since her imprisonment, like how she would convince the court that she didn't had any choice but to murder the princess or face the consequences from the lord of the Underworld. Would they believe her story about being tricked into making the deal with Lucifer or dismiss it as some excuse to garner sympathy? She hears the sound of the cell door opening that woke her up, Emerald looks with her half-open eyes to see a royal guard standing in the doorway.

"Emerald Gemstone, you have a visitor." said the stoic guard.

"A visitor?" wondered the half asleep unicorn.

The guard moves aside as Emerald see's her mother standing in front of the door way.

"Mother?" said Emerald who's eyes were now fully open and she rise from her bed.

"Emerald" Garnet smiled as she walks into the cell and embrace her daughter in her arms. "I'm so glad that you are alright."

"Mother, I'm so sorry I lied to you about that business meeting trip" Emerald tearfully apologizes to her. "The truth is that-"

"You don't have to explain to me, dear" Garnet cuts her daughter off in mid sentence. "The ponies who brought me here have already told me everything."

"So...you don't blame me for what I did?" Emerald stuttered.

"I know it wasn't your fault, dear" said Garnet. "You were only trying to save me from dying a long time ago."

"I just couldn't bear the thought of losing you when I was a filly" Emerald sadly stated. "You're the only pony that meant everything in my life growing up, I was so stupid to fall for Lucifer's game and now I'm going to spend the rest of my life locked up because of him."

"You're not going to be lock up, Emerald" said Garnet. "I'll speak on your behalf at the trial, hopefully me and the others will try to convince the council into clearing your name."

"You'll do that for me?" asked Emerald.

"Yes dear, you were there for me in my time of need and now I want to do the same for you." Garnet smiled.

"Thank you, mother." said Emerald.

"Visiting time is over." the guard notifies them.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the trial, Emerald." said Garnet as she hugs her again before leaving. "Just hang in there for me, okay?"

"I will, mother." Emerald replied.

The guard closes the cell door as he escorts Garnet out of the dungeon, it was hard for the middle-age unicorn to see her daughter kept in prison like some dangerous criminal, not to mention having an anti-magic collar around her neck and shackles on all four of her legs. She knows Emerald isn't some cold-blooded murderer who tried to take the life of Princess Celestia, things would have been different if they knew the real truth behind the assassination plot. Meanwhile at the royal castle, the Mane Six and Future Applebloom were in the throne room talking with Princess Celestia about Emerald.

"Did my brother tell you about the prisoner while we were away?" asked Twilight

"Yes, Shining Armor has informed me about the pony who attempted to take my life" said Princess Celestia. "Now I know that Lucifer had used her for his own twisted game, to think he would stoop so low into tricking Emerald into committing such a heinous act as a filly is beyond vile."

"But even if you knew she is innocent, why can't the council just drop the case?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"As ruler of Equestria, it is my duty to maintain the balance of peace and order in this country." Princess Celestia explains. "The council's purpose is to prosecute those who have tried to disrupt that balance in order to prevent chaos, even my authority to them is limited especially the case Emerald is facing now. I know this sounds hard for you all but that is how the law works here, as much as I want to help, there's nothing I can do."

"This is unfair, Emerald shouldn't be found guilty of something she had no control over" protested Pinkie Pie. "It's like having me arrested for making a souffle that deflated during an earthquake!"

"How is that a crime?" asked Fluttershy.

"Exactly!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"If we're going to show the council that Emerald isn't a danger to everypony, having Ms. Gemstone taking the stand might not be enough to convince them." said Twilight.

"Say, how about we have Applebloom here speak on her behalf as well?" suggested Applejack.

"You want me to take the stand?" asked Future Applebloom.

"That's a great idea, Applejack" said Twilight before speaking to Future Applebloom. "You're the only pony who has seen what Lucifer has done in your time, with yours and Ms. Gemstone’s testimony, we could get them to clear Emerald of all charges."

"Since you put it that way, it's worth a shot" said Future Applebloom. "I'll do it but don't forget that we still have to keep an eye out on Lucifer."

"Which is why I'm going to ask Shining Armor to put a barrier around Canterlot on the day of the trial, that way, Lucifer cannot enter the city to get to Ms. Gemstone." said Twilight.

"Speaking of, shouldn't we check on her to see if she's finish with her visit with Emerald?" suggested Rarity.

"We could have been there with her for support but....that dungeon is just too scary for me." Fluttershy whimpered.

"She did wanted to go alone Fluttershy, so you don't have to worry about those awful prisoners harassing you." said Rarity.

"You girls go on ahead, I'll stay with Princess Celestia." said Twilight as she watches her friends leave the palace.

"Why didn't you want to go with your friends, Twilight?" The princess asks her student.

"Because there's something I want to discuss with you in private" Twilight replied with a troubled look on her face."Princess Celestia, ever since Applebloom arrived in this present time line and warned us of the dystopian future of Equestria, it had me thinking about all the challenges we've faced before; Nightmare Moon, Discord and Queen Chrysalis, all of them are nothing compared to Lucifer. Applebloom told us the course of history has changed and because of that, there's a possibility of him getting out earlier than six months which will put the entire country in danger. So I ask you this, will we have a better future?"

"Twilight, I believe we have been given a chance to prevent our world from falling to the clutches of Lucifer thanks to Applebloom" said Princess Celestia as she stood next to Twilight. "But if what she said is true, the only way we could defeat him is by using the elements of harmony."

"Yes but even so, everypony should be prepared" Twilight said while looking at one of the stained glass depicting the mane six defeating Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony. "Lucifer might be the most powerful enemy we have ever faced..."

The scene cuts to the next day in Canterlot, the city was surrounded by a protective magic barrier cast by Shining Armor, he and the royal guards had the court house surrounded for security measures as they await for the trial to begin. Two guards were escorting Emerald towards the building as they opened the door for them to enter, taking her across a hallway that leads into a court room with a rather large bench which holds not only one but six seats. The mane six along with Future Applebloom and Ms. Gemstone watched from the public seating as the guards places Emerald on a platform in front of the bench, Princess Celestia and her sister Luna were sitting at a balcony with a couple of guards standing by their sides.

"Poor Emerald..." Fluttershy said quietly. "Did they really have to chain her up like that?"

"This is a trial after all, Fluttershy" Rainbow Dash reminded her. "By the way, when is this going to start?"

"When the council arrives" said Twilight. "They will serve as both judges and jury for this case so we can't let her down."

"All rise for the royal council." the guard announced as everypony stood up.

The door opens as six ponies came into the court room; the first that entered was a stern-looking unicorn mare named Integrity; she has a tan-colored coat with long light blonde mane and wore glasses that shows her blue eyes. The other members who followed her were Honorable Silver; a tall ivory unicorn stallion with a robust built, his silver mane was short but appears to be thinning and has brown eyes. Misty Twister; an azure-colored pegasus mare with violet eyes and medium-length deep-blue mane. Summer Oath; a gold-colored pegasus stallion with green eyes and short black mane. Swift Flame; an orange earth pony stallion with yellow eyes and a red spiky mane. And the last member Scarlet Crimson; a red earth pony mare with steel-colored eyes and her dark-red mane styled in a braided pony-tail, all of them took their seat at the tall bench.

"Psst, hey Twilight." whispered Rainbow Dash to Twilight.

"What is it?" Twilight whispered back.

"I know that pegasus there, that’s Misty Twister!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Who?" Twilight raise her eyebrow.

"Misty Twister, she's a former Wonder bolt" Rainbow Dash almost squee with joy. "I can't believe she's actually here!"

"Can you save your fangirlism for later, we're in a court room!" Twilight quietly scolded her friend.  

"Please be seated" said Integrity as every pony sat down, she and the other council members look down at the unicorn in shackles. "This court is now in session, can the defendant state her name for the court?"  

"My name is Emerald Gemstone, your honor." said Emerald.

"Emerald Gemstone, you stand on trial on the charges of breaking into the castle with the intent to assassinate Princess Celestia" Summer Oath stated. "How do you plea?"

"Not guilty..." replied Emerald.

"Since you've choose to plea not guilty, can you explain to the court why we should acquit you of the charges you are facing?" asked Scarlet.

"The reason being is because I was forced into committing this crime against my will" Emerald explained to the council. "My intention to take Princess Celestia’s life was not of my own, your honor."

"Even so, you did sneak into the royal castle at night with a weapon in your possession." Swift Flame stated.

"And according to the report by the royal guards at the time of the arrest, the weapon was a dagger laced with a deadly toxin from a flower known as Silent Violet" informed Misty Twister. "I like to remind the court that the Silent Violets were eradicated by Princess Celestia herself after the Berberville tragedy fifteen years ago, how were you able to find these flowers?"

"I found a couple of them growing in a narrow crevice outside of an orchid field." answered Emerald.

"The poison from the Silent Violet flower is known to be untraceable, so you intent to use it to not only murder the princess but to make it look like she died from natural causes, is that correct?" asked Honorable Silver.

"Yes your honor..." Emerald sadly admits.

"Earlier you said that taking the princesses life wasn't in your intention" mentioned Integrity. "if so, who gave you the order to kill her?"

"The one who ordered me to assassinate Princess Celestia was none other than the lord of the Underworld himself, Lucifer." Emerald told the council as the court was interrupted by the spectators upon mentioning Lucifer's name.

"Order! Order in the court!" demanded Integrity as she bangs her gavel down and the room goes silence. "You said that it was Lucifer who gave you the order?"

"Yes but he forced me to do this" said Emerald. "When I was a little filly, my mother was struck down with an illness that would have claimed her life but then Lucifer appeared in my room and offered me a deal that in return of her full health, I had to do something for him in ten years. When ten years have pass, Lucifer returned to me and told me to kill the princess, he was going to take my mother away from me if I refused, I had no choice."

"I find that hard to believe" said Scarlet Crimson who seem to be skeptical of Emerald's story. "We know that Lucifer has been sealed by Princess Celestia a thousand years ago, what make you think that he was able to get out of the Underworld just to tell some pony to murder the princess?"

"She's telling the truth, your honor" shouted Twilight as every pony in the courtroom turn their attention to the purple unicorn. "And I have proof of her innocence!"

"And what proof do you have that would back up her story?" asked Scarlet. "I'll remind you that we won't tolerate sudden outbursts like that in this courtroom."

"Oops, sorry about that" said an embarrassed Twilight. "Anyways, I have two ponies here who will tell the court that Emerald was forced to assassinate the princess against her will. Sitting with us is Emerald's mother Garnet Gemstone and Apple bloom who has traveled ten years from the future to warn us about Lucifer. If you let these two speak on her behalf, they will prove that Emerald is a victim, not a criminal."

The council quietly discuss about Twilight's recommendation to each other before making a decision.

"Very well, we'll allow it" said Integrity. "Which one of you two will take the stand first?"

"I will." Garnet spoke up as she head towards the stand and sat down.

"Ms. Gemstone, can you tell the court about your daughter Emerald?" asked Honorable Silver.

"I've always known Emerald as a smart and good-nature pony, I've raised her myself ever since my husband left us when she was just a foal" Garnet explains to the courtroom. "As a filly, Emerald did very well in school but she never made any friends there. She was picked on by the other students because we were the only "poor" family as they put it."

"I see, has she ever displayed any strange or violent behavior when she was a filly?" Honorable Silver ask Garnet again.

"No, your honor" said Garnet. "Emerald was never in anyway violent or capable of hurting any pony, but..."

"But?" said Integrity wanting to hear more.

"There...was this incident in school that got her expelled for a short time, she attacked two students that resulted in breaking one of their horn's off." Garnet tells them as her daughter sadly lowers her head from that incident.

"So you admit that Emerald is capable of this kind of violent behavior?" questioned Integrity.

"No, I didn't say that" Garnet denied that claim. "Besides, I was-"

"How dare you accuse Emerald of being violent when she's not" Pinkie Pie interrupts Garnet as she berates the council. "She wouldn't hurt a fly!"

"Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?!" said a worried Twilight.

"Sister, it appears that one of Twilight's friends is causing a scene." Princess Luna whispered to Celestia, who looks a bit concern about where this was going.

"We all know Emerald is innocent and you council members are rushing into judgment by twisting up Ms. Gemstone’s words" Pinkie Pie continues to scold the council. "There's a saying that goes "If the horseshoe don't fit, you must acquit!", which what you so called "judges" should have done since this case has started!"

"Young lady, you are out of order!" exclaimed Integrity as she was getting annoyed by the pink mare's antics.

"No, You're out of order!" argued Pinkie Pie who pointed at Integrity and then at the spectators. "They're out of order! The cotton candy machine is out of order! Even this muffin I'm holding is out of order!"

"Not the muffin!" cried Derpy from the back of the courtroom.

"THIS ENTIRE COURTROOM IS OUT OF ORDER!" yelled Pinkie Pie before she was suddenly tackled and pinned down by Rainbow Dash.

"I apologize for my friend, your honor" Rainbow Dash chuckled nervously while restraining Pinkie Pie. "She gets a little wacky when she eats too much sugar, I promise this will never happen again."

"We'll let this pass but if she does this again, we'll have her charged with contempt!" warned Misty Twister.

"Got it, by the way, love your work as a Wonderbolt." praised Rainbow Dash as she drags Pinkie Pie away, leaving the former Wonderbolt flattered but confused.

"Looks like somepony's a fan of your past career." Summer Oath said to Misty Twister.

"Can we please continue with the trial?" suggested Misty Twister.

"Right" Integrity agreed. "Ms. Gemstone, you were talking about the incident in your daughter's school, do you had any reason that justified her actions at the time?"

"My daughter was constantly harassed by those two fillies at that school, I would have dealt with that problem earlier if I wasn't bedridden." Garnet explains to the council as her tone became serious. "During that time, Emerald was taking care of me and the stress from school made it worse for her. She had reached her breaking point when those two were making nasty remarks about me being sick and it could have happen to any pony in her position! How would any of you feel if somepony made negative comments about a member of your family who's suffered from a severe illness?"

The courtroom was filled with the spectators talking and agreeing with Garnet's last statement, Integrity bangs down her gavel again to silence the courtroom.

"May I ask what kind of illness you had at the time?" Integrity asked Garnet.

"I was suffering from Leukemia, the doctors told me that I wouldn't have much time to live" answered Garnet as she continues with her testimony. "But one day, I woke up feeling completely healthy, like I never had the illness in the first place. After I was better, I talked with the school about Emerald's situation and they reinstated her back in while the two fillies who bullied her got punished instead. For all these years, I thought it was a misdiagnose and had a severe fever this whole time, but that was until I learned from Applebloom and her friends about Emerald's deal with Lucifer. I know in my heart that she wanted to help me get better and that she was unaware of what that deal came with when she signed the contract. And that's why I believe she is innocent of this crime, that is all I have to say in my closing statement."

Emerald smiles at her mother as Garnet finishes her testimony and walks back to the public gallery, she has gain the public's support but she wasn't sure if her mother's statement has convince the council. Integrity adjusts her glasses as she begin to speak.

"From Ms. Gemstone testimony, it seems that the defendant does not have any history of violence or criminal behavior but that still doesn't explain how Lucifer manage to slip pass through the seal." stated Integrity.

"Your honor, I've have the answers to that question" Future Applebloom stand up as everypony turn their eyes towards the yellow mare. "Let me take the stand so I can explain to everypony about it."

"Very well." said Integrity as the court watches Future Applebloom goes and sat at the stand.

"Your friend there says you came from the future, is that correct?" asked Swift Flame.

"Yes, I traveled ten years from the future using a spell that me and my comrades found in Canterlot, which in my time is now in ruins" said Future Applebloom. "Right now, I'm only a filly in this present time.

"I see, can you explain to us about how Lucifer was able to get out of the Underworld?" Integrity asked the time-traveling pony. "We want to hear every detail about it including your thoughts on the defendant and the state of Equestria is now in your time."

"In the future, Equestria is in a hellish state that was cast by Lucifer himself when the seal that kept him imprisoned wore off six months from now but before then, Emerald did succeed in murdering Princess Celestia in her sleep." said Future Applebloom. "But I had no information about the identity of the assassin until I came here to warn Twilight, her friends and the princess."

"What happen to the defendant in your time after she succeed in assassinating Princess Celestia?" asked Scarlet Crimson.

"Lucifer dispose of her and her mother when he decided that Emerald was no use for him." said Future Applebloom as the spectators gasped at the statement. "He knew that the seal was slowly weakening and Lucifer used his dark magic to project a shadow version of himself to take advantage of Emerald's misery. Lucifer cannot kill Princess Celestia himself because she knows that sunlight is his weakness, so he tricked Emerald into killing the princess for him by making a deal that saved her mother's life."

"So you believe that Emerald is more likely a victim than a perpetrator in this case?" questioned Honorable Silver.

"Yes, Lucifer played Emerald as a pawn to his evil plan to take over Equestria the day he made her signed that contract, which is why she should not be found guilty of something she had no control over." stated Future Applebloom. "And if it would please the court, I have something to say for my closing statement."

"Go right ahead." said Integrity as Future Applebloom nods and turns towards the public with a serious yet sad expression.

"I've witness atrocities committed by that monster in my time; He murdered countless ponies in cold blood including my family, wiped out entire villages and subjected the surviving population to brutal torture and slavery for his own amusement" Future Applebloom sadly explains to the public of the dystopian future. "You could not imagine how many mass graves I've encountered traveling across Equestria, I had to bury my own family who I watch get slaughtered as a filly...along with the rest of the citizens of Ponyville after it was destroyed. I didn't get a chance to grow up with my family, I had to do whatever it takes to survive in the harsh and dark world Lucifer has brought upon. And if you still think that Emerald is guilty of being a puppet of Lucifer, then you have no sense of justice at all..."

The moving words from the future pony brought the entire courtroom in utter silence, some were brought to tears including a few members of the council, especially the stern Integrity who quickly wiped the tears off her cheeks as Future Applebloom got off the stand and sat back down with the spectators next to her sister.

"Good job there, sis." whispered Appleback.

"This court will take a thirty-minute break as the council will now go into deliberation to decide on the fate of the defendant." stated Integrity as she and the council members leave the courtroom.

A half hour has pass since the council left the courtroom for deliberation, the gang waited anxiously for the council to return for the verdict. Pinkie Pie was biting on her hooves as Fluttershy and Rarity tries to calm her down, Garnet was just as worried as everypony else, hoping that her daughter wouldn't get life in prison for the crime she was forced into doing. The council finally arrives back in the courtroom as everypony silently awaits to hear their ruling.

"After hearing the testimonies from the defendant’s mother and Applebloom, the council has reached a verdict" said Integrity as she begins to announce the verdict. "This court finds the defendant Emerald Gemstone not guilty of all charges and shall be free to go."

She bangs the gavel down as the guard unlocks the shackles and the anti-magic collar off of Emerald, who felt like a tremendous weight has been lifted off her shoulders. As nearly everypony leaves the courtroom, Emerald was met with joy as Garnet hugs her.

"Mother!" chuckled Emerald, feeling a little embarrassed from her mother hugging her tightly.

"I'm just so happy that your not going to be locked up anymore, Emerald." said Garnet who nearly cried with joy.

"I'm just glad this whole trial thing is all over." said Rarity.

"Yeah, I couldn't imagine them giving you the guilty verdict" added Fluttershy. "That would have been an awful thought..."

"I want to thank you all for supporting and helping me out in this case." Emerald smiles to the gang.

"Hey, that's the first time I've ever seen you smile" said Pinkie Pie. "You look much better than that gloomy look you had earlier."

Emerald laughs a bit from Pinkie Pie's comment but stops when she see's Princess Celestia and Luna coming towards the gang, the green mare instantly bows for the princess as she lifts her head up and looks at Celestia with remorse.

"Princess Celestia, I personally want to apologize to you for my actions, it was a horrible and inexcusable choice I made and-" Emerald tries to apologize to her before she was cut off by the princess who place her hoof over her shoulder.

"There's no need to apologize to me, Emerald" said Princess Celestia with a gentle yet forgiving tone. "I have no hard feelings for you since I now know the truth behind the assassination plot."

"Thank you, Princess Celestia" smiled Emerald. "Its an honor to hear that you've forgiven me."

"Hey Emerald, how about I bake a cake for you to celebrate your acquittal?" suggested Pinkie Pie.

"That actually sounds delightful, I would love to have some- ahh!" Emerald suddenly felt a sharp pain from her head.    

"Are you alright, dear?" asked her concerned mother.

"I think I may have a migra- AHHHH!" Emerald screamed as she fell to her knees and clings onto her head, her body shakes violently as the pain in her head became more intense by the second. They notice something flickering from Emerald's horn, a flame black as night swirls around her head before it encircles her entire body, the others back away to avoid the dark flames that surrounds Emerald.

"What's happening to Emerald, what kind of spell is this?!" Twilight watched in confusion.

"This spell is not from her..." said Princess Celestia.

Emerald continues to struggle with the burning pain from within her head, her eyes turns black as shadow-like flames fires from her horn and spreads out across the ceiling. The flames around Emerald disappears and she collapses on the floor with Garnet running towards her side, the others watched in horror as Fluttershy hides behind Rainbow Dash, who was just as scared like the rest of the gang. Then they heard the sound of a haunting laughter that struck a cord to Future Applebloom.

"That laugh..." uttered the stunned future mare. "Oh no....it's him!"

"You don't mean..." said Applejack as her sister nods in response.

"I should have known you were behind this, Lucifer!" Princess Celestia said angrily.

"Its been a very long time since we've last met, Princess Celestia." The face of Lucifer appears from the shadows, his golden eyes looking down upon the terrified spectators including the council members themselves who stood in complete disbelief, the alicorn princesses however were the only ponies who weren't intimidated by Lucifer's presence.

"But this is impossible, how was he able to bypass the barrier?" wondered a shocked Twilight.

"He must have known Canterlot was on high alert so he used Emerald as a vessel to get inside the barrier" Princess Celestia explained to Twilight. "This is what I expected from a coward such as yourself, Lucifer!"

"Stick and stones, Celestia" mocked Lucifer. "As much as I like to take my vengeance upon you, that opportunity will have to wait as I have personal business to attend to..."

The dark lord sets his eyes on Garnet who was stricken with fear while holding on to her daughter, Emerald slowly wakes up as her eyes went wide in terror upon seeing Lucifer above the ceiling. A green ball was thrown at Lucifer's face that catches him off guard as it explodes on impact, the dark lord was startled by this as he see's Future Applebloom guarding the two unicorns.

"Leave them alone!" Future Applebloom hissed at Lucifer.

"Ohh you must be the time-traveling pony who spoiled my plans to the princess" Lucifer smirked. "Quite a performance you've made for the court, considering that you described the future where I ruled Equestria to be rather fascinating."

“There won't be a future for a monster like you!” The yellow mare growled at the dark lord.

“Equestria will soon fall into my hands when the seal completely fades away and the land shall be cast into eternal darkness!” warned Lucifer as his face disappears within the shadows and a swirling vortex with a glowing green light appears in the ceiling, catching everypony by surprise as it begins to suck everything up from the courtroom. Princess Celestia and Luna quickly use a spell on all the ponies including themselves to protect them from being consumed by the vortex.

“Hold on, everypony!” shouted Twilight as she and her friends held onto anything that was bolted to the floor.

The sheer force from the vortex was destroying the entire courthouse while the city of Canterlot was struck by a massive earthquake, the citizens went into a full-blown panic as buildings around the area started to crack and fall apart. In the courtroom, the strength of the vortex was increasing by the second as the princesses were having a hard time maintaining the spell to keep everypony safe. Future Applebloom was holding onto both Garnet and Emerald; who watches everypony struggling including the princesses as the room was being demolish by Lucifer's vortex. Feeling responsible for what she has caused, the green unicorn closes her eyes and focuses her magic on the barrier surrounding herself.

“Emerald, what are you doing?!” shouted Future Applebloom.

“I'm going to close the vortex...by throwing myself in!” Emerald responded.

“What?!” exclaimed Future Applebloom. “You can't be serious about this, are you?"

“I'm the reason why Lucifer's here” Emerald stated. "I'm his only connection to the outside world and if I remain in the Underworld, he cannot use me to get pass the seal!"    

“No, please don't do this Emerald!” protested Garnet as she grabs her daughter's arm.

“I'm sorry mother, I brought all of you into this because of the mistake I made in the past” Emerald looks at her mother with sad-ridden eyes. "And now is the time to repent."

Emerald uses a spell to shatter the magic barrier, leaving herself defenseless as the unicorn looks at her mother for what appears to be the last time she'll ever see her.

“Farewell, mother..." smiled Emerald as she frees herself from her mother's grip and was taken in by the vortex's powerful current.

"EMERALD!!!" cried Garnet who tried to reach up to her but was held back by Future Applebloom.

The others watched in shock as Emerald was sucked into the vortex, which causes it to close in on itself and the shadow above the ceiling disappears. The earthquake that rocked Canterlot quickly dies down but the damage has been done; nearly a quarter of the city had been destroyed along with the courthouse as a result. The spell that shielded the others from Lucifer's vortex wears off now that it was over but Garnet however was left deeply saddened from her daughter's sacrifice, she cries out her name several times before the heart-broken mother weeps on Future Applebloom's shoulders. Later that day, as the city was being repaired from the devastating attack from Lucifer, the gang were at the castle listening to Garnet talking with Princess Celestia.

"Princess Celestia, you have to get my daughter back" pleaded the grief-stricken mother. "You just have to, I know for a fact that she is still alive and I just don't know what to do without her."

"Garnet, I understand your pain and as much as I want to help you, the city of Canterlot needs me" said Princess Celestia who was consoling Garnet. "I'm sorry that I can't be much of help for you at the moment..."

"But..if you can't rescue Emerald, then who will?" wondered Garnet.

"We will." said a determined Twilight.

"You want to help rescue Emerald?" Garnet asked the gang.  

"Yeah, you can count on us." said Rainbow Dash.

"It would be shameful to leave Emerald alone in whatever dreadful place Lucifer is keeping her." added Rarity.

"Oh Thank you all for accepting my request." said Garnet.

"Yay, we're going on a rescue mission!" cheered Pinkie Pie as she jumps up and down.

"This won't be any normal rescue mission" stated Princess Celestia as Pinkie Pie stops jumping and the others listen to her dire warning. "I must warn you that the Underworld is a dark and evil place, with dangers beyond any ponies imagination that would make the Everfree Forest look tame in comparison, so I urge you all to be extremely careful while traveling in that place."

"We will, Princess Celestia." nodded Twilight.

Princess Celestia leads the gang to a chamber where she uses her horn to magically open the door, taking out the box that contains the Elements of Harmony.

"I want you to take the Elements of Harmony in the event that you encounter Lucifer and if possible, use it to defeat him once and for all" said Princess Celestia as she gives them to Twilight and her friends. "Now that you are prepared, I'll shall open the doorway to the Underworld."

Princess Celestia closes her eyes and emits a red magical energy from her horn, the gang watches as they see a large red portal with a dark center opening up in the middle of the hallway. The Mane Six and Future Applebloom stood in front of the portal as they looked back at the princess and Garnet.

"I wish you all good luck to you on your journey" said Princess Celestia. "May the Elements of Harmony protect you."

"Please bring Emerald back safe and sound..." pleaded Garnet.

The gang nods to the princess and Garnet's words as they step into the portal, which closes itself after they all entered to start their journey into the Underworld to rescue Emerald from Lucifer. Little did they know that they are in for a big surprise when they get to the darkest place the pony world has ever known.

To Be Continued.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment