Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Blushig Brutally

Maggie is the new girl in Amity Park. She just moved next door to Danny. Danny, Tucker, Sam, and she are getting along quite nicely. Will things be as great when they find out her secret? And is Danny getting stuck in between Paulina, Sam, and Maggie

Chapter 2 - Blushig Brutally

Chapter 2 - Blushig Brutally


As I finished drying off, I wrapped the damp towel around my waist and stepped out of the bathroom into my room. I checked my clock and realized I had only taken about 2 min. I listened carefully and heard the running water of my parent's shower. I figured my mom would be a while, so I'd try to squeeze in a quick breakfast.

The only window in my room faces a baby blue-painted house with white trimmings and finishing. That is the house where my new neighbors moved. My window used to face the window of this scary old lady and her cat. Her cat would always sleep in that window, and when I waved to it, it would hiss at me! This is why I'm a dog person! Anyways, now it faces one of the family members of my new neighbors. Want to guess who it is? Well I didn't, and I found out the hard way!

As I stepped into my room, just a towel around my waist, I looked once more out my window. I saw a girl, about the age 14 or so, sitting on the rim of her window, legs dangling, hands holding on tight to the edge of her window. She was looking out towards the clouds and nothingness, in a deep thought. Raindrops fell on her dirty-blonde hair, with the lovely streaks of blonde and chestnut through out. Her tattered blue jeans and hooded-green sweatshirt were spotted with drops of rain. As her feet swayed back and forth, her black converse shoes loosened. She quickly grabbed a hold of them, coming out of a daze, and tied them tight. As she lifted her head, I nearly dropped my towel. Her freckled face looked as soft as silk, with two locks of hair purposely hanging in front of her face. A blue hair clip, meant only for accessorizing, was snapped in her hair, just above her exquisite hazel eyes. Her lips, a plum magenta, turned from sullen to giggly like that.

She was staring at me, biting her lower lip. She closed and covered her eyes, facing a different direction. Another confused look struck me, when I realized that I was only in a towel. I blushed brutally, pulling in the curtains. I clenched my teeth and made a fist, squeezing tightly, trying to relieve my anger… and embarrassment! I smacked my forehead and peeped through the curtains. The girl was laughing loudly, as was her mom, who was now in the room. I assume she had told her mom what happened, and they were sharing a good laugh about it. “Good going Fenton!” I thought to myself in fury.

I quickly got dressed, and ran down stairs to eat breakfast. I could now hear my mom's blow dryer on max, which meant she was almost ready. I gobbled down as fast as possible (…like always! It's my specialty! Aside from the ghost hunting!), a bowl of Cheeribees and milk, gulping down the last of the orange juice as well. I heard the door to the down stairs bathroom open and my mom bellow, “Let's go Danny!” I ran past her into the bathroom, shutting the door.

“One sec, OK?” I said back to her. I brushed my teeth at the speed of sound, and flew through the door, onto the front porch. The rain was still falling, but it didn't matter to me! I had to get over to see that girl at our new neighbor's house. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!” I yelled over my shoulder to my mom.

“Well, look who wants to go now!” my mom teased as she stepped out of the house. For once she was wearing normal clothes: a pair of jeans and a long raincoat. I noticed it looked oddly like a lab coat, but it was really no surprise! Besides, if you didn't know my mom very well, you would never suspect it to look like anything having to do with labs, science, or ghosts! And why would it bother me! Every time I go ghost, I `m wearing tights!

As we walked over to the next house, I couldn't' help but notice all the strangely familiar ghost hunting equipment in one of the two moving vans. I paused for a minute, standing in the rain, staring at all the equipment. I shook it off, and continued walking with my mom.

As we approached the next house, I saw a `Beware of Dogs!' sign hanging on the picket fence by one nail. I assumed they just started putting it up, when it started raining. There was no way it was from the last owners.

Once, I had to “take care” of the old lady next door, and the moment I said, “So… why a cat? Dogs are so playful and cats…” the old lady, who I miraculously never caught the name of (darn short attention span!), began hitting me with a cane, which I guess she never used. From then on, my mom wouldn't allow me to go over there, and neither would the old lady!

Anyway, I trailed behind my mom, going so slow you couldn't imagine! (Cute girl or not! I was tired, and she probably wouldn't like me any way!) When my mom reached the house, I was surprisingly still half way between each house. I may be able to fly at the speed of light, but as a teenager who was not motivated to do any thing but stare at that elegant girl through the rain, I was not about to be relieved of the great sleepiness that still stalked me, luring me back to the warmth of my own bed.

***

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kratosgirl14 on April 22, 2006, 3:11:00 AM

Kratosgirl14 on
Kratosgirl14it's real good! XD

MDP10 on November 1, 2005, 3:07:29 AM

MDP10 on
MDP10preety good so far! i like it