Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - On My Knees

Maggie is the new girl in Amity Park. She just moved next door to Danny. Danny, Tucker, Sam, and she are getting along quite nicely. Will things be as great when they find out her secret? And is Danny getting stuck in between Paulina, Sam, and Maggie

Chapter 4 - On My Knees

Chapter 4 - On My Knees


“Danny, this is Maggie.” She held her hand out, indicating that she was right next to her. Duh! “She's fourteen, just like you. I assume you will both be going to Casper High together?” I nodded my head, not once taking my eyes off of Maggie. I was pretty much in awe! Maggie was slightly blushing. I imagine she was embarrassed about having her mother's arm around her. I stared on. Her mother's words were blocked out, creating a bit of a drone.

Maggie shifted her eyes from one side to the other. When she finally looked towards me, she blushed even more, biting her lower lip. I realized that she was staring into my eyes. I smiled shyly, and then looked down to the ground. I began to blush as my foot twisted behind the other. We all have our little quirks that indicate we're shy, right? Well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but it did. My feet turned intangible, and I fell to the ground. I was positive, that from her perspective, it looked like I just lost my balance. My feet quickly became visible (Thank Goodness!!) and I opened my eyes.

A few raindrops fell into the puddle in front of me. I had actually fallen into the puddle as well! My jet-black hair hung in my face, all wet and frizzed. It was so cold and hard on the wet cement, and yet, I wanted to stay there. Stay there buried in my jacket, hiding my face in shame. I was certain my face was totally red, from my chin to my nose. I looked up, and to my surprise, a pair of eyes met mine.

I blinked in shock, and then shook it off. I sat up on my knees, brushing off the water and dirt that coated the front of my jacket. I wiped the rain off my face, and brushed my hair back over my eyes. It sprang back into form, letting a few drops a water glide off the tips. I held my arm in a bit of pain and lifted my head to see another face in front of mine.

Maggie was sitting on her knees right in front of me. I didn't want to embarrass me self any more, and quickly stood up, brushing more junk off my pants. Maggie began to get up, and completely forgetting my want to rid of the embarrassment, I held my hand out for her. She touched it lightly, as if I were about to fall apart, and then grabbed hold. I didn't want to seem too close, so I let go as soon as she was up. But I'll tell you now; I didn't want to let go. Her hand was warm and soft, compared to mine, which had just been on the chilly, firm ground. I felt something in the few seconds in witch we were holding hands. I t felt like a spark, or a connection, like something was right in the world. Wow! I do not sound like I'm fourteen!

Any way, as soon as I let go, Maggie walked back to the door. “Thanks,” was all she said. When she stood next to her mother, looking like a five year old, yearning for protection from the rain, she looked deep in thought. Staring down at her feet. Not embarrassed, but more, well, interested. Probably in the shock, that is, if she felt it too.

“…Danny…” said a voice. I was sure the voice was my mom's and had said more, I just wasn't listening. I looked up. It was really hard to pay attention. My mind was set on the shock that I had felt. I was trying to replay it in my mind. It was hopeless. I sighed, and tried my best to pay attention. “Danny,” my mom said concerned, “are you ok?” I blinked my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I nodded, and sniffed a bit. I was really cold. I thought it was just my encounter with the ground, but it was much more complicated. Some thing I will definitely explain later.

My eyelids were heavy. I didn't feel as enthused about meeting Maggie anymore. I had embarrassed myself two times in front of her, and now she probably didn't even want to be in the same room as me. I was getting tired again, just barely keeping awake. I wanted to crawl in bed and just hope for a better day. When a voice of glory sang through.

“Oh, I'm so sorry!” Mrs. Good, which apparently happens to be their last name, chimed, “Come in, Come in!” as my mom and I stepped inside, I noticed the house to seem a bit less creepy. The old photos of dead people were taken down, and the walls were painted a soft yellow, almost opposite of the navy blue that disturbed the old walls of the house.

***




Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kratosgirl14 on April 22, 2006, 7:28:53 AM

Kratosgirl14 on
Kratosgirl14really cool chappie! i liked!

moonandstars on November 10, 2005, 2:19:23 PM

moonandstars on
moonandstarscool!

danny_phantom_misfit on October 23, 2005, 11:05:39 AM

danny_phantom_misfit on
danny_phantom_misfitthis is a really good story plz dont stop writing!*faves*

ouija-phantom-wolf on October 21, 2005, 10:16:00 AM

ouija-phantom-wolf on
ouija-phantom-wolfvery good!