Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Nothing, nothing!

Maggie is the new girl in Amity Park. She just moved next door to Danny. Danny, Tucker, Sam, and she are getting along quite nicely. Will things be as great when they find out her secret? And is Danny getting stuck in between Paulina, Sam, and Maggie

Chapter 5 - Nothing, nothing!

Chapter 5 - Nothing, nothing!


“So, why don't you two head up stairs into Maggie's room!” Mrs. Good said cheerfully. “Be sure to keep it down, Maggie. Your father and brother are still sleeping.” Maggie nodded her head and looked over at me. I smiled awkwardly at her. The last thing that I wanted was to be stuck in a room with her. Well, what it really was is that I didn't want her to have to be stuck in the same room with me! I could sense she didn't want to. But hey! What do I know!

“Come on!” Maggie sang happily. She grabbed my arm and led me to the stairs. Again, a bit of a static feeling crept up my arm, like a message, or something. As we went up the stairs, she let go, but when we reached the top, she grabbed hold of my arm once again, and showed me to her room. “Well…” Maggie said in a depressing way. I looked around her room. All there was, was a metal chrome bed with a mattress covered in flower print bed coverings, an unassembled desk, several cushions spread across the floor, one huge bean bag chair, and tons of closed boxes, that were being used as tables. A single box was opened, filled with photos.

I walked over to the box, and leaned over it, peeking inside. At the top was a picture of a girl in a black dress, holding a red rose, bare foot, laying on a field of grass. I stared long and hard at it until Maggie explained. “That's my best friend, Beth. She was a teen model. Or should I say, old best friend,” Maggie sighed and sat down over on her bed, creating a bit of a squeak as the springs bounced.

“What do you mean `old best friend'?” I questioned as I sat down next to her. She looked a bit shocked that I even cared, but went on anyway.

“Well, eventually, she became more and more into the modeling, that she was never around. I told her it was either her modeling or me,” she paused for a moment, then went on, “She moved to France, and began making even more money there,” Maggie sighed again, sounding kind of depressed and then added, “And of coarse there was the accident…” She didn't continue. I looked at her in a puzzled way. Still no answer.

“Uh… what accident?” I watched her carefully. Her face going from blank, to confused, to frightful all in one move.

“Nothing, nothing!” she replied as soon as she thought up an answer. She ignored my curiosity, and walked over to the window, where she had sat before, across from my own window. She held tight to the rim of the window, and leaped up, onto the window pain, dangling her feet in front of her, just like before. “It's just a memory now…” she trailed off, leaving my breath untouched, inside me, just waiting to burst out in one huge gasp. I knew her secret! The way she said nothing, sounded like me before I run off to “go ghost”, except, in a girls voice, of course!

“So, I, uh…” all words escaped me. I just wanted to plop down with a cup of hot chocolate and hear all about her life, sitting so close, I could feel her breath upon my neck, holding my clammy hands that had been scratched and frozen earlier. “What, uh… your… your parents are ghost hunters?” I shook out of my daydream, blushing, as if she could read my mind. I covered my cheeks as she turned around to look into my eyes.

“Uh…” she giggled as she bit her bottom lip. I uncovered my cheeks. I had tried to rid of the light pink that scattered around my cheeks, but now a bright red flooded my whole face. It was odd, because, here I was, embarrassing my self here, and there, and every where, but I hadn't seen her completely blush, not once!

I scratched my head, creating my hair to frizz out everywhere. I stood up and walked over to the window, joining her search for dreams. “So…” I said, not once looking up at her. I watched the clouds, as they slowly crept along, getting darker and darker. Cold, crisp air bit at my face, like a metal pole, frozen from a storm, sticking to your tongue. I felt a pat on my head, and I finally looked up.

Maggie was fixing my hair, when she noticed I was looking. She slowly pulled her hand back. Now, she was really blushing! “Uh… old habit…” she grinned at me, her face blooming like a rose bush. She scooted over and patted the empty space next to her, indicating me to climb on up. I smiled at her, as her face, almost like a burn from a boiling pot of water cools and becomes normal, flushed, and perked back up again. I jumped up next to her, and dangled my feet as well.






Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kratosgirl14 on April 22, 2006, 8:10:09 AM

Kratosgirl14 on
Kratosgirl14i liked this chappie! whee!