Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Almost like a fairytale...

Maggie is the new girl in Amity Park. She just moved next door to Danny. Danny, Tucker, Sam, and she are getting along quite nicely. Will things be as great when they find out her secret? And is Danny getting stuck in between Paulina, Sam, and Maggie

Chapter 7 - Almost like a fairytale...

Chapter 7 - Almost like a fairytale...


Finally, after a great deal of time watching my mom tap her foot, waiting impatiently for me to speed up a bit, me not even noticing I was even awake, let alone walking outside in the rain, I reached the stoop of our new neighbors. My eyes slowly closed and (luckily my mom was turned around, because) I slowly phased through the ground.

My mom rang the doorbell and watched the door impatiently. “Ok, Danny, I want you on your best behavior. We need to make a good first impression,” my mom lectured to me as I jumped back to life. I was about to ask what we'd do if they were still sleeping, but survey said, two people out of one household was indeed, awake.

I carefully touched my body, trying not to let my mom suspect anything suspicious. Yes, everything was visible. If the whole first impression thing was true, I absolutely could not be seen, well, not not be seen invisible. Especially after the towel incident!

When I finished my inspection, as if on cue, the door flew open, revealing a much friendlier face then the face I had witnessed there before. Standing before me was a slim woman, about the same height as my mom. She resembled the stunning girl in the window, but much older. Her face was much slimmer, and her waist a lot wider, as were other parts of her body, which I'm sure are better left as not the unknown, but the already known! Her hair was much shorter, sort of like my mom's, but without the bangs, and incredibly layered. Although she was amazingly similar to the girl in the window, my eyes wandered away from her, searching for the girl I had seen out in the rain, laughing at me from her window. She was nowhere to be seen. I sighed painfully, awaiting my hazel-eyed wonder. Almost like some kind of fairytale, except, instead of battling dragons, I would save her from vicious ghosts, never having true credit for my great deed.

“Why, hello!” the woman said cheerfully! “You must be Maddie Fenton! It's a pleasure to meet another great ghost hunter such as yourself!” She held out her hand, as mom shook it gently.

“Another?” my mom questioned, “Are you one yourself?” She stared on in awe, as if in the presence of `Your Majesty'.

The woman bit her lip in excitement, and shook her head. My mom was excited as well, but both held in their excitement. `Whoo-hoo!' I thought to my self, `There is no greater celebration than meeting a GHOST HUNTER!' I rolled my eyes and began concentrating hard on a certain puddle that resembled a `P' inside a `D', somewhat like the symbol on my ghost-form costume. Suddenly, a huge drop hit the puddle, and it splashed everywhere, leaving more of a normal puddle for me to ignore.

I looked up just as the woman was saying something to me. “Now who is this!” the woman squealed. I assumed it was about me, for she was waving at me (like I was five!) and shaking her head at me. (I guess she thought I was five, although I looked fourteen, and felt I was amused by her gestures.) I rolled my eyes and smirked at her. I did not enjoy being treated like a baby!

“Well, this is Danny!” my mom said, smiling wide and patting my back, pulling me closer to her side. She rubbed my head, creating my long, jet-black hair to fall in front of my face. I couldn't see a thing. I crossed my arms and pouted over it before blowing it away with my stone cold breath.

I could feel it's icy charm letting me know a ghost was near as blue air fogged around my eyes. I looked around for any sign of ghosts. Nothing. Silence. Emptiness. There was no indication of anything unusual. I assumed it was some ghost doing no harm; that just wanted to be left alone.

I turned my attention back to the adults, when I noticed a new member to our little group. It was her. The one who had laughed at me, but politely looked away. The one with the lips of plum magenta and the hair of dirty-blonde. With the eyes of hazel, like a brown mixed in with aqua and green. The girl in the window.

I caught her attention, and she smiled warmly at me. It seemed she forgot all about the incident from our windows. Her mother saw I was once again, looking, and put her arm around her shoulder.

***

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kratosgirl14 on April 22, 2006, 12:02:56 PM

Kratosgirl14 on
Kratosgirl14it's really good! sweet!

Puppzze on October 26, 2005, 3:07:51 PM

Puppzze on
PuppzzeSorry peeple! This supposed 2 b # 3 soo......