Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Corsantine Dragon Data

Simple bios that I have created for the species that I have made throughout the years. Each one of these creatures belong to me. Please do not claim them as your own creation.

Chapter 1 - Corsantine Dragon Data

Chapter 1 - Corsantine Dragon Data









Main Species: Wingless Drake



Specific Species: Corsantine Dragon



Life Span: Birth-100 (Human Years) 6,000 (Draconic Years)



Where it lives: In large underground caverns that the dragons themselves dug out.



When it lived: They lived during the time when the first humans came into the world up until now.



Mating Habits: In their colonies there is a wide array of males and females but only One (1) female gets the right to mate. Almost like ants there is a `queen' in the colony and the other females don't get the honor to mate unless their queen sees it fit to keep the species going.



Eating Habits: The Corsantine Dragons are good at ambushing their prey, they are meant to take down large creatures such as Bison, and even an elephant if they lived in Africa. These dragons also feast on roots, and things they harvest from their underground homes.



Behavior: Stealthy and quiet these dragons tend to live in the underground with ease. Although when they venture to the surface it takes time for their eyes to adjust to the bright light. They hate water given the fact that their skin is almost rock like in structure. The Corsantine Dragons large ears are meant for picking up sounds. Human like qualities can be seen on their bodies, their forelimbs (The top set) are almost hand like in structure and they can walk on their hind legs for short periods of time. Shy and elusive in nature they can be docile when approached.



Lungs: 4 lungs are typical in the Corsantine Dragons life. Their first set is meant for breathing while the second set is meant to hold the gasses and things they need for their breath weapon.



Wing Span: 15ft-20ft

Wing Information: Their wings aren't wings anymore, living underground caused their wings to evolve into long limbs with a pair of 3ft. claws on the tip. These `wings' are now used for digging tunnels.



Height: 12ft-15ft



Width: 3 ½ - 4ft.



Weight: 750-850lbs (Muscular in body thus the heavy weight)



Breath Weapon: A toxic gas in which they can spit out. This gas is poisonous to anyone who takes in a slight smell of it and can be fatal if not given a proper treatment for it. The dragons themselves cannot be harmed by the gasses they breathe out. This toxic gas is highly flammable and can catch fire with the slightest spark.



Weapons: Aside from the toxic breath the Corsantine Dragons have their long wing like limbs that can act as weapons. Their second set of arms (Found below the first) also resemble their wing like limbs, with one long 2 ½ claw on the tip, these limbs are also meant for digging but can be used as a weapon when threatened by an enemy. Their tails are used like long whips and they spade (Shovel) like blades at the end (These blades are used for digging like a shovel) are also used in combat. Besides these weapons the dragon's tongue (They have one main tongue that splits into three separate units) can be used to pierce into a person's skin and lift them up. The Corsantine dragons fang design is a rather unique little thing found amongst the species, their fangs can retract inside of their jaws which allows them to close their mouths, this only applies for their lower jaw fangs and the upper jaws inner fangs, the fangs found on the outside of the upper jaw do not retract inside of their mouths.



Hunting Tactics: The Corsantine Dragons will lay in wait in ambush, their skin is the perfect camouflage for their surroundings, and usually they can go on for several days waiting for something to pass by. They also will dig up roots and things to feast on while they wait for a heard of animals or an animal to pass.



What it eats: Bison, Cattle, Elk, Deer, large mammals, Humans (If it gets the chance), roots, mushrooms, and insects.



Number of young per year: The `queen' of the colony can have up to 20-100 eggs in a single laying. These eggs are then taken to a nursery chamber where they are kept safe until they hatch. The queen only lays eggs for 3 months every 2 years.



Skin Covering: The Scales on the Corsantine Dragon are almost rock like in structure, they have adapted this to blend into their environment and they even have little mossy patches that make their camouflage look more like the real thing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment