Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Luncura Dragon Data

Simple bios that I have created for the species that I have made throughout the years. Each one of these creatures belong to me. Please do not claim them as your own creation.

Chapter 3 - Luncura Dragon Data

Chapter 3 - Luncura Dragon Data







Main Species: Evolution Dragon


Specific Species: Luncura Dragon (


Lifespan: From Birth - 7000 years of Age


Where it lives: Beaches, watery areas, large open areas. Close to water. These dragons are almost like the mighty Salt Water Crocodile, and can live in both Salt Water and Fresh Water. Although the more mature the dragon, the more adapted it is to Salt Water rather than Fresh Water. Luncura Dragon elders will only be found in Salt Water as it helps keep their bodies a float better than the Fresh Water.


When it lived: These Creatures were not known to live in any of the present days. They are expected to evolve from Crocodilians in the near future. Possibly 500 or so years.


Mating habits: Like the crocodiles and alligators of today these creatures have the same mating habit. The males will submerge their bodies and create the bubbles and gurgling/low growl like sound to attract a female. Also new to the ritual, the males will spread out their wings and use the color patterns that they obtain during the mating season to have a better chance at attracting and mating with a female. Once Breed with, the Females will travel to special nesting sights where they will lay between 200-300 eggs, once laid the eggs are guarded by the fierce mother who will not eat until the day they hatch, she will stay atop the next protecting it from predators, examples being other females of the species and in fact the large males will eat the eggs if they get the chance.


Eating habits (Herbivorous, Carnivorous, Omnivorous): Omnivorous


Behavior: Generally placid like a common Alligator, more into bluffing a possible threat out rather than fighting like a typical crocodile. These guys when threatened and pushed to far will use their tails as a whip, the tail whip they can hit a person with can shatter the spine. Given their fierce look these creatures are no where near as evil or cruel as they may seem. Unless you are dealing with a mother and her nest you are not likely to find any trouble with these large brutes of the waters. You could even go up and pat one right on the nose and it will probably only hiss at you in warning, if you continue to pester it however you will be given a sharp warning, probably a hefty tail slap to your side.


Lungs (Number): 4 Lungs. 2 of which to breath, 2 of which is unknown.


Wingspan: The wings on their bodies are not meant for flight nor gliding, these wings are evolved fins that help them swim in the water faster and can propel them out of the water up into the air (Only to the base of their tail) after prey. When you look at the weight of these creatures you will see the main reason they are not capable of flight. Wingspan might average about 5-7 feet for each wing, 6 wings in total.


Height/Length: 3ft tall, rather short but much larger than a crocodile of this age. 35 foot + (Plus) in length, these brutes have evolved to be huge monsters in the wild, and have evolved to be one of the top predators of this time. Largest one that could be is probably about 50 foot in length OR more. Males are generally larger than females.



Height/Length: Male- 3 - 4 (1m - 1.33m) Foot in Height 35 - 40 (11.6m - 13.3m) foot in length. Estimated, may get larger.

Height/Length: Female- 2 ½ - 3 (.8 - 1m) Foot in Height 30-35 (10m - 11.6m) foot in length. Estimated, may get larger.
[/list]

Width: Unknown, Research is looking into this.


Weight: These crocs have been averaged between 5060 - 5984lbs. (2300 - 2700kg)

Males: 5500 - 5984lbs (2500 - 2700kg)

Females: 5060 - 5500lbs (2300 - 2500kg)
[/list]

Breathe Attack: These dragons have been known to have a water type breath attack. What it does, or what it is used for is still unknown.


Weapons (Other then fire): These creatures use their powerful tails as their main weapon, one swipe from this tail could kill a human or several sever the spinal cord. They will only use their fangs if they absolutely must, using their bluff like hisses, growls and roars to scare would be predators away. If they are provoked the first thing to be used will be that tail, which averages about half the length of their entire length (Example: A 40 foot male will have a 20 foot tail).


Hunting tactics: Like their ancient relatives these beasts hunt like a crocodilian. Lying in the water to ambush their prey. The wings and tail give them balance, and speed in deep water. Their wings also act as a source of lift, but only for gliding, not flight. When in this glide mode, the Lancucra will be in a sort of hunt like mode, when prey is spotted (If it be a mammal or living item) the creature will not dive down by glide over the prey item and drop down on top of it. Also along their upper jaw is a line of Heat Pits, like a rattlesnake.


What it eats: These beasts will eat anything from crustations to large mammals, up to bark and grass. Explained under Hunting Tactics.


Number of young per year: A Female can lay between 200 - 300 eggs every 5 years. Only half or less of the eggs laid will hatch, and half of the young that hatch will live to maturity. Same incubation habits as a crocodile.


Skin Covering (Scales, Fur ECT.): A Rough thick covering, like that of a crocodilian of this world, but this thick covering is about 3-4 inches thinker than crocodiles today. The chutes on their body are also much larger.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment