Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

"The Climber", just rescued a cyborg girl labeling "CR015" or "Rae`". Now she''s in his debt for saving her life, and the adventure begins!

Rated 12+ for cartoon violence and crude humor and mild blood.

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
What is life? What is love? Is it something that we cherish? Or something that we shun in the back of our minds?

A girl with dark brown hair and glasses was staring at the starry, night sky from inside a business building. She didn’t work there, only her mother did. It was late, about 8 o’clock, and the girl yawned loudly. She wore an orange and turquoise sweater, with white pants and blue sneakers. The girl took out her purple IPod and clipped on her earphones, then pressed the “ON” button and listened to her Spanish Music.

“Rachael? Can you help me with these boxes?” a lady with blond hair, green eyes and a suit called from her desk. The girl turned around and grinned, “Sure, Ms. Thomas!”

Rachael ran toward the lady and lifted 3 small boxes. Ms. Thomas had one large box and headed for the elevator, with Rachael tagging behind her. As the ladies stepped inside, a loud booming noise came out of nowhere.

“What was that?” Rachael asked, concern in her voice. Ms. Thomas quickly went to the long window and looked outside. Smoke was coming out of the building below. “Rachael! Get over here, quickly!” Ms. Thomas said.

Rachael didn’t understand why the lady sounded so frightened, but she knew it was something terrible. So she bent down and dropped the boxes and went to Ms. Thomas, almost running to her. Ms. Thomas grabbed Rachael’s hand and ran to a door that was labeled “FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY”. The lady opened the door and sprinted down the stairs, still holding Rachael’s hand. Another loud boom came from underneath them and smoke was coming through the walls.

“M-Ms. Thomas?!” Rachael said, “What is…”

“A bombing attack! We have to get out of the building as soon as possible!”
Rachael took this in slowly. Bomb? In this building? Why—

Suddenly, the stairs broke and Rachael was separated between a gap and Ms. Thomas. She was now trapped. “Rachael! Go back up and try to find another exit! There should be a door with a green knob, find it and go in there! I’ll meet you at the bottom!” Ms. Thomas informed the girl, and then she turned and ran down the stairs.

Rachael spun and headed straight up the stairs again. She looked up and saw the door with the green knob. She smiled to herself and quickly went towards it. Unexpectedly, she tripped over a small piece of rock and fell down, hurting her right leg. Rachael heard a cracking noise and looked behind her. The floor was breaking, and if she didn’t move, she’d fall to her death. The girl tried to get up, but her leg burned in pain so much, she couldn’t handle it. The cracks became larger and were close to her feet. She looked up and cried, “Please, god, don’t do this to me! I don’t want to die now, not now! At this age and at this time!”

The cracks her now near her thigh, and Rachael did the Sign of the Cross. She muttered names and said goodbyes. At that time, the floor broke and she fallen down. Rachael felt heavy, by her heart fluttered.

“Goodbye, Mom. I’ll see you later in the next life I guess…”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CreamandPoppufan166 on January 29, 2011, 7:22:10 AM

CreamandPoppufan166 on
CreamandPoppufan166Nice prologue!

RaeAshleyRodri on January 29, 2011, 8:08:20 AM

RaeAshleyRodri on
RaeAshleyRodrithanks!

CreamandPoppufan166 on January 29, 2011, 9:38:27 AM

CreamandPoppufan166 on
CreamandPoppufan166No problem! X3