Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1

3 new clans rise to power after the destruction of the others. The problems, war, and death they face might cause a defeat unimaganable to any cat, from a Starclan hunter to a Fireclan kit.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1


The black she-cat curled up on the ground, causing her white stripes to look circular around her thin body. She felt a paw prod her side, “Darkpaw? You asleep?”

She stood up and stretched her stiff muscles staring at the large golden cat, “No, Goldenpaw, I'm wide awake.”

Goldenpaw looked at her and meowed, “It's about that cat you saw isn't it?”

Hesitantly she nodded. A moon ago she had wandered near twoleg place when a shine on one of the fences caught her eye. She looked up to see a cat perfectly framed by the full moon, yet instead of shadow, the cat was all silver. The cat saw her and bounded off the fence. She had only told Goldenpaw about her awkward encounter.

“Goldenpaw.”

He jumped as she called his name, “Y-yes?”

“We're gonna find that cat.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chriss stared through the tall grass and, after a pause; she jutted across the gray path that was always bustling with giant creatures that zoomed along the stinking trail.

“Stupid housefolk,” she murmured, her silver tail bristling, “Why do they build those dumb things?”

Shaking the fear from her silver pelt, she padded through the dark forest. Grass crinkled under her paws, and as she listened closely to the sounds around her, she realized someone else was feeling the spiky grass prick their feet. Quickly and silently she leapt into a bush and began clawing and biting the cat who had been watching her from a distance. She was pulled off by another cat and flung onto the ground.

“What's the big idea?!” she spat at the two cats. Sensing no hostility she let her fur lie flat, “So who are you?” she asked the black and white she-cat, as well as the golden tom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkpaw gazed at the cat they had just stumbled upon, the one they had been searching for! “My name is Darkpaw, and this is Goldenpaw,” she flicked her tail towards the yellow tom, “Why are you so deep in the forest?”

The silver cat tilted her head, “I'm Chriss, thanks for asking, and I didn't know I needed permission,” she mewed sarcastically.

Looking at Chriss, Darkpaw noticed a black moon beside her left eye. Now why hadn't she seen that before?

“Darkpaw! Goldenpaw!” someone hissed behind them. They turned and saw the big gray deputy prowl up behind them, “What are you waiting for? Take care of that intruder!”

“But, Stoneclaw!” Goldenpaw protested, and was about to tell him that they were looking for this cat, but Stoneclaw had already begun to race toward Chriss, “Well if you won't, I will.”

Chriss seemed unfazed by his anger-filled yowls. She easily dodged his tackle and swiped at him with her paw sending him rolling into a bush.

Darkpaw nearly yowled “Stop!” until she realized Chriss' claws were sheathed. She relaxed and focused her attention on the cats fighting style. Chriss dodged, then ran in for the kill. A style Darkpaw had never seen in any of the clans, and Stoneclaw fell for it every time. Finally Chriss tired Stoneclaw out; he was too tired to fight. Looking at his claws, Darkpaw could see they were unsheathed. He was serious, Chriss wasn't, and she still won.

“Come…and…fight…,”Stoneclaw wheezed. He was tired, Darkpaw could tell.

Chriss laughed a loud laugh and meowed, “Oh come on. I beat you. Face it!”

He didn't seem to be in a mood to “face it”.

Stoneclaw stood up and growled, “We're taking you to Wingstar.”

Goldenpaw padded up to Chriss and mewed, “It's okay. He's just a sourpuss cause he lost!”

Darkpaw realized he really hadn't said anything since Stoneclaw first found them. What was he doing that whole time?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment