Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Restless Beagle

This is a story about a beagle named Chance who runs away from home to find out what his purpose in life is. But can he make it through...alive?! Rated PG.

Chapter 1 - A Restless Beagle

Chapter 1 - A Restless Beagle


Chapter One: A Restless Beagle



“Aww, you're so cute!” was the first comment that was heard by the small beagle as he was picked up gently. He looked up to find himself staring into a pair of dark green eyes.

The eyes belonged to a girl with hair that hung down to her shoulders, apparently dyed dark red. She wore a black t-shirt, black pants with a chain, and white and red sneakers. She looked to be in her early teens.

Walking up to the cash register while still carrying the young beagle in her arms, she asked, “Excuse me sir, but how much does this puppy cost?”

The young man standing behind the register looked at the puppy. “That beagle's worth five hundred and ten dollars.”

With her free hand, the girl slipped it into her pocket where her wallet was and took out five one hundred-dollar bills and a ten-dollar bill. She placed the money on the counter. The young beagle stared at her in awe, wondering how she managed to get all of that money.

“Thank you very much miss, and have a nice day!” The cashier swiped the money quickly from the counter, opened the cash register, and organized the money inside.

The young girl and the beagle puppy walked outside of the kennel. “So, how does it feel to be free at last?” she asked the puppy, who was still clutched in her arms. The girl hesitated for a second, and then she placed the beagle down next to her. He walked beside her obediently.

“Wow, you sure are tame, even without a leash,” the girl said to the beagle as they walked over to the small wooden building next door to the kennel- the pet supply shop. The beagle watched as the girl carefully picked a dark red collar and a bright purple leash off of the shelves. She paid for them and walked out of the store with the items and the beagle.

As the girl wrapped the collar around the puppy's neck and clipped the leash to the collar, she spoke to the beagle once more. “My name is Akira, and your name is Chance. You got that?”

The beagle barked once to signify that he understood her.

“Good boy,” said Akira. “Now, my house is only a few blocks away from here, so let's go.”

As Chance and Akira walked around the town, Chance barked occasionally at random dogs and their owners. Sometimes, Akira would stop and chat with the dogs' owners, giving Chance the opportunity to make some new puppy friends.

“Well, we're here!” Akira exclaimed while pointing at a small house. Gee, that was awfully quick, Chance thought as Akira opened the door and the two stepped inside.

Akira rushed into the living room with Chance following close behind her. They saw a beautiful tan-colored Labrador Retriever curled up on the rug, sound asleep.

“This is your adopted older sister, Daisy,” Akira told Chance. “I'll go get you guys some dinner, okay?” Akira walked out of the small living room.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ultimate_Lifeform on March 26, 2006, 6:47:09 AM

Ultimate_Lifeform on
Ultimate_Lifeformcool story!