Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Insulter and the Insulted

This is a story about a beagle named Chance who runs away from home to find out what his purpose in life is. But can he make it through...alive?! Rated PG.

Chapter 2 - The Insulter and the Insulted

Chapter 2 - The Insulter and the Insulted


Chapter Two: The Insulter and the Insulted



“Wake up, Daisy! Wake up!” Chance yelled as he pounced on top of his new sister playfully. Daisy lazily opened one eye to find out who it was. She sprang up to her feet immediately and clamped her mouth around Chance's front leg, squeezing as hard as she could in a sharp bite.

“Yeowch!” Chance squealed in pain. “What was that for?” He glared at the Labrador who wore purple pearl ribbons on her ears and a pretty white collar with pink flowers on it on her neck.

“You woke me up from my beauty sleep,” Daisy growled, moving towards Chance. The little beagle backed away from her, whimpering in fear.

“I don't know who you are, flea-brain, but anyone who wakes me from my beauty sleep shall regret that they even got NEAR ME!” The huge labrador now cornered Chance. “You got that?” Daisy sneered. Chance whimpered but nodded slightly. He stared at Daisy for a long time, and then he scratched her in the nose, surprising her.

“I'm not afraid of you!” Chance yelled at Daisy. He then shoved her out of the way and spotted a window, slightly opened. Chance sprung onto the windowsill and squeezed himself through the tiny space in the window.

“If you are not afraid of me,” Daisy started, “then why are you running away from me?” She just sighed. “What have I done? I shouldn't have been so hard on him, the poor guy.” She yawned bluntly, and curled up on the carpet. “I should have apologized. Oh well, it's too late now.” Daisy closed her eyes. Just as she was about to fall asleep again, a voice was heard. “Dinner's ready! Come and get it!” Daisy rushed into the kitchen. She saw two white dishes on the floor and began to munch heartily on the dry, meaty food inside one of the dishes.

“Huh, that's strange,” said Akira. “Where's Chance?” she asked Daisy, not really expecting an answer since she was a dog. “I better go find him.”

Akira examined each room carefully, occasionally calling, “Chance! Chance! Where are you?” She then walked to the living room, sat down in a chair, and sighed. “Great, now he's gone,” she muttered sarcastically. Daisy walked into the room with a feeling of guilt in her heart, knowing that this was all her fault. She tried to comfort Akira by licking her hand, but it didn't seem to work. Perhaps I should go look for him myself, Daisy thought.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment