Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Sleepy Escape

This is a story about a beagle named Chance who runs away from home to find out what his purpose in life is. But can he make it through...alive?! Rated PG.

Chapter 4 - The Sleepy Escape

Chapter 4 - The Sleepy Escape


Chapter Four: The Sleepy Escape



Daisy had it all planned out. I shall leave once Akira falls asleep, she thought. She climbed up onto the foot of Akira's bed, and curled up.

“Goodnight Daisy,” Akira said as she flicked the switch to her lamp. Darkness settled into the room immediately after the lamp shut off.

Daisy was more tired than ever, despite the fact that she had taken a quick nap during the evening. It was like a war between the two halves of her mind.

You cannot fall asleep! Her mind seemed to yell at her inside her head. Your brother could be in grave danger!

This time another voice came to her, a rather soothing, calm voice. You need your beauty sleep, Daisy, it said. Daisy yawned, falling into a trance. Why worry about your stupid brother? Just close your eyes, and you'll feel ten times better…

Daisy gasped, opening her eyes abruptly. How long had she been sleeping? It could have been no more than twenty minutes or so. She turned to the other side of the bed, and heard Akira snoring softly. Daisy leaped off of the bed, swiftly yet silently.

Trotting into the kitchen, Daisy navigated the front door even through the pure darkness. Chance never saw that doggie door, I'll bet, she thought. She turned back to look at the interior of the house, knowing that this may be the last time she set her eyes on it.

I sure hope I don't get killed out there, was Daisy's last thought before slipping through the opening in the doggie door in search of her dear brother, Chance.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment