Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chance's Futuresight

This is a story about a beagle named Chance who runs away from home to find out what his purpose in life is. But can he make it through...alive?! Rated PG.

Chapter 6 - Chance's Futuresight

Chapter 6 - Chance's Futuresight


Chapter Six: Chance's Futuresight



The little beagle was confused. Where the heck was he? What kind of city is this? And where is Éclair?

Chance could not see very well through the fog, but he thought he eyed another dog in the distance. He turned to see a familiar Labrador Retriever with the purple pearl ribbons, the pink and white flower collar, and the scar on her nose. It's Daisy, he thought. The Labrador dashed into a nearby alley desperately, as if she were trying to hide from someone. As soon as she disappeared from his view, Chance saw a black and brown German Shepherd with an angry expression on his face, sniffing the ground for Daisy's scent. He had a spiked collar around his neck.

“You can't run forever, little Labrador,” said the shepherd. “When I find you, you are going to die!” The huge dog growled in a low and menacing tone, as he rushed into the same alley that Daisy had disappeared into.

“No way!” Chance yelled. “You cannot hurt Daisy! I won't let you!” He sped into the alley as quickly as his short and stubby legs could carry him.

He then suddenly paused for a moment, thinking. What am I doing? Why do I care about her, the one who despised me the second I walked through the door to Akira's house? Why am I trying to save her? He was silent for a moment, before he started to run again. Because she is my sister, and I know she didn't mean to hurt me, his mind answered.

Sweat was now pouring down his white fur with brown and black splotches. The adrenaline gave him the special ability to run even faster. As soon as he reached the dead end of the alley, Chance froze as the sight he saw.

Daisy was lying down on her side, motionless. There was a deep wound in her neck, where blood was oozing out.

“N-no, D-Daisy…” Chance stuttered, tears filling up his brown eyes as he walked up to his dying sister slowly.

“I'm sorry Daisy,” he sobbed. “I didn't save you in time.” The tears from his eyes came pouring out and stained the Labrador's beige fur.

Chance then heard footsteps out in the distance. He turned his head to see a small Shetland Sheepdog about his size standing there. She had gray fur from old age with a brown stripe that went down the center of her face.

“There is a way you can prevent this from happening,” the sheepdog said.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment