Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Fair Day



In 2005 Angel Grove and the Power Coins are out there, broken, awaiting their other halves. When Roki and Zita Repulsa take residence in the Palace on the Moon six ordinary young people find themselves in the middle of a Z Putty attack. They become Power Rangers. It is then up to them to complete the other halves of their coins and defend the world against Evil.

Chapter 9 - Fair Day

Chapter 9 - Fair Day
Fox Oliver was laying low. It was his day off and he was trying to avoid Autumn, who had been in a mood for the past few days. Someone had seriously ticked his cousin off. That girl Rei was doing her best to be a buffer between Autumn and everyone else. The only person she didn't snarl at was that Taran guy. Though he'd noticed she also bit her tongue around that Tai guy as well.

He slept late so he was having a mid-morning snack. School was off that day because of the county fair so the Youth Center was actually a little empty. Looking well rested for a change, Danny and his friend Billie entered the Youth Center. They seemed excited. That chick was actually smiling and laughing. Danny spotted him and made his way over. "Yo, new guy. You got plans today?" he asked.

Fox paused with a breakfast burrito halfway to his mouth. "My main objective for the day was to avoid Autumn. That's pretty much it," he answered.

Danny snickered. "Perfect," he said. "We're going to the fair. You're comin' with," he said.

"Uh..." Fox shrugged. "Okay," he said. He had nothing better to do, besides it could be fun. "You sure it's ok with your friends?" he asked, nodding toward Wood and Nathan walking in to meet up with the other two.

"You've met them, right?" Billie said with a snort. Wood and Nath were the two people least likely to object to someone joining them.

"Tag alone, cool?" Danny asked them.

"Sure," Nath agreed with a shrug.

Wood gave a broad smile. "If we're going, let's go," he said.

Fox snickered. "What's got him so pumped?" he asked and stuffed the rest of the burrito in his face. Nath and Billie watched in horrified fascination.

"He heard Chloe tell me she was off to meet Tori at the fair when we were on the phone earlier," Danny answered. "I think you missed a crumb or two," he said. Fox grinned a mouthful of burrito as he stood.

Billie threw up her hands and headed toward to the door. "I have got to find some girl friends," she declared. The boys laughed at her and followed behind.

-x-

Autumn had been in a bit of a snit since her encounter with Widow and the Repulsas. She wasn't trying to take it out on everyone around her, but sometimes she couldn't help it. She finished cleaning the counters. They were about to just close for the day. The twins were whining about wanting to go the fair with their friends. Nanna Mai was there because she entered several baked goods contests. Zack had to beg off work because he was giving a demonstration. With almost no customers, she didn't see the point of staying open.

Rei seemed pumped about going to the fair and was trying to convince to go along with her.

"I just don't feel up to it with everything," Autumn denied.

Rei wanted to argue but she was interrupted by two of their customers. "She's coming," Fey declared. Dropping by to get a drink to go was a pretense. Their ultimate goal was Autumn.

"Whether she likes it or not," Ros agreed.

"You're going?" Rei asked.

"We all are. Taran suggested we take the day to have fun at the fair," Fey answered.

"In that special way of his that actually made it sound like a suggestion," Ros said and the two women shared a chuckle.

Autumn was strangely fascination. When the Reavers referred to Taran, it was if they were talking about someone she'd never met. However, it was obvious how much they respected him.

"So, that means Taran will be there?" Rei asked innocently.

Ros and Fey grinned. "Should do," Ros answered.

"Besides, the only way you're going to get the dish from us about him is to come with us to the fair," Fey added.

Autumn sighed at such blatant bribery. She sighed and tossed her rag on the counter. "Fine. I'll toss the stragglers out and lock up," she said. Rei clapped her hands together and the older women shared triumphant grins.

-x-

The fair had been fun so far. They'd ridden rides, checked out the arts and crafts booths, and were now cruising the games. "Ooh! Billie, win me something big," Nathan begged suddenly as they came upon a balloon pop booth.

"Watch this," Danny said to Fox. The other boy raised a brow as Billie gave a great sigh and stepped up to the booth. Wood spotted something more interesting and ran off without a word.

Billie paid the vendor some money and was given a handful of weighted darts. Each of her tosses went where she intended them to. Looking disgruntled, the vendor checked the prize tags and told her she qualified for a smaller sized prize. She shook her head and demanded more darts. She was trading up for one of the big prizes hanging from the ceiling of the booth. Nathan was nearly bouncing.

"That's amazing," Fox said duly impressed.

"It ain't over yet," Danny said. He knew from past experience it was going to take awhile for her to get to the big prizes. "Girl will trip over a sidewalk crack, but she has a dead aim," he commented.

"What does it say?" Danny glanced up when he saw his sister coming toward then, thrusting a scroll in Rex's face.

"I told you, I can't read it. It's not Japanese," Rex said.

"But the lady was dressed like a shrine maiden and assured me it was an authentic Shinto charm," Chloe complained.

"Don't know what you tell you," Rex said.

Chloe made a face. She spotted the little group and hurried ever. "She doing her thing?" she asked her brother. He nodded.

"Can I see the scroll?" Fox asked Chloe.

Raising a brow, she shrugged and handed it over. Fox glanced it over and burst out laughing. "It's fake. I's Chinese. It says 'Luck and Fortune' right enough, but that bit in the corner at the bottom says 'Made in China'," he said.

Chloe took the scroll back with a scoff. "I paid five bucks for this thing," she complained and crumpled it up. She stuck it in her purse and pouted.

"I thought you and Tori were hangin' today," Danny said to his sister, feeling no sympathy for her.

"I was until the cheerleaders needed her at their face-painting booth because someone broke a nail or something," Chloe answered, rolling her eyes. She pointed down the little avenue of booths. They saw a booth decorated in navy, gold and white. They could see Wood in the line.

"So that's what drew him away." Nathan said and laughed.

"How'd you hook up with him?" Danny asked, looking at Rex.

"She found me hiding from a bunch of 14 year olds," Rex admitted. He'd been forced to drive his sister and her friends to the fair and bring them home. Rena and her friends were more terrifying than a Patrol of Putties.

"Little sisters. Can't live with them, can't sell them on the internet," Danny commiserated. Chloe's fist met his arm. "Ow. Will you stop that?" he demanded and rubbed the sore spot. She smirked at him.

As the game drew on, they realized they were drawing a bit of a crowd. Finally, the final dart struck home. A small applause rose up. "Looks like you get one of the big prizes, little lady," the vendor said in exasperation.

Billie looked at Nathan. "We'll take the love owl," he said, pointing to a pink and white owl with large eyes with heart shaped pupils. The vendor retrieved the stuffed bird and handed it over.

The slightly larger group moved on. "That was truly impressive," Fox stated. He'd never have thought Billie capable of something like that. She shrugged. Nathan walked along holding his new prize close.

They came upon the face-painting booth where Tori was in the middle of painting a saber-toothed tiger face on Wood. Manny was painting a T-Rex face on a little boy. Power Ranger themed face painting was popular this year. Holly sat in the booth taking apart a cheaply made replica of the Alpha Megazord.

"You look bored," Danny told her.

"You have no idea," she said as she studied one of the tiny parts, shaking her head at the shoddy engineering.

"My fault," Manny said. "We were supposed to cruise together but I got roped into covering someone's shift," she explained. She grinned. "And Lani's here on a date," she added cheekily.

Rex nodded. "Oh, believe me, I know," he said said. He'd had endure endless hours of Tai worrying over the entire outing.

"You know, that's actually not the first couple I would have put money on," Fox commented and glanced over at Wood and Tori as she skillfully painted on his fangs as he attempted to hold still.

"Someone's observant," Chloe commented.

Something began to beep. Danny and Billie looked at each other. "It's time," she said.

Danny gave a whoop. "It's time!" he declared. "We gotta jet. See ya," he said. Beaming like goons he and Billie ran off.

"That something else I probably don't even want to know about?" Fox asked.

"More than likely," Rex answered. He glanced ahead and saw a strength tester. He could see a familiar towering lanky frame approaching. "Oh, this should be good," he said and headed that way. The others decided to follow. Even Manny and Tori closed the booth down after she finished Wood's face to go see what the draw was.

-x-

Autumn had to admit, she wasn't having a terrible time and the two Reaver women were a vertable font of information about Taran. She'd so far learned that Taran became a Reaver when he was fifteen because he saved Tori's life by holding up a sabotaged metal lighting catwalk. His actions caught the attention of Memphis Teague, the Reaver's leader. His early intensive training and good character made him a perfect fit. Even the fact that he was not human didn't make him stand-out. The Reavers' Command Ship had several different types of alien races living and working there.

"I wish I knew people who knew Sora as well as they know Taran," Rei complained at one point. "He has a knack for talking without saying anything," she said, putting her hand on her hip.

Autumn shook her head. "I wish I could help," she said.

"There's our esteemed leader now," Fey said, spotting Taran up ahead walking with Hayden and Sora.

"And your mysterious Sora," Ros and nudged Rei with her elbow.

Rei couldn't stop a grin. "Then let's catch up," she said. She grabbed Autumn's arm and sped up.

Taran heard them coming and glanced back. "Oh, good, goldarn," he muttered. Ros and Fey hanging around with Autumn couldn't be a good thing. She smiled at them when they caught up. "Good seeing you out and about," he said to Autumn with a smile.

"Yeah," she replied, returning the smile.

Rei dropped Autumn's arm and sidled up to Sora. "Fancy meeting you here," she greeted.

Sora smiled. "Seemed like fun. Thought you had to work," he said.

"Autumn was kidnapped so we closed up for the day," Rei answered with a shrug. Ros and Fey snickered together conspiratorially.

The small group moved along. They came upon the strength tester. The prizes here were the best ones yet. The large prizes were animal plushes in Power Ranger suits. The Reds were black bears, the Blues were spotted puppies, the Blacks were brown bears, the Pinks were white kitties, the Yellows were black kitties, the Greens were brown puppies. There were also tan rabbits in Gold and white rabbits in Silver.

Autumn laughed. "That's so cute," she said.

"Hey, win me something," Ros ordered Taran.

"I'll win one," Hayden volunteered before Taran could object. He stepped and handed over some money to the man running it.

"This should be good," Ros murmured.

Hayden took the mallet. "Just wait," he said. He planted his feet and steadied his grip on the mallet. He hefted it up and brought down on the platform with all his strength. The ball inside the tube only went about half way, proclaiming him a 'Mediocre Sweater Vest Guy'. Hayden scoffed. "It's clearly rigged," he muttered, ignoring the women laughing at him. For his troubles he was handed a tiny stuffed shark. "Lovely," he grumbled.

"Mind if I give it a shot?" Tai asked, approaching the strength test. So far, he felt his date was going well. At least Lani was smiling and he hadn't made too much of doofus of himself. A win in his book. When he'd seen the game and the prizes, he'd thought it would be a fun opportunity.

"Sure, mate. Have a go. Maybe you'll have better luck," Hayden said.

Lani grinned. "I have faith in him," she said.

Tai paid the vendor for a chance.

"If you can't do it, no one else has a chance," Rex drawled as he approached. Tai looked around and suddenly realized he had an interested audience. He felt heat creep up the back of his neck. He cleared his throat. He hefted the hammer and crashed it into the platform. It pronounced him a 'Mediocre Sweater Vest Guy' as well. He flattened his lips and took the stuffed animal the vendor offered him.

"I think Hayden's right. It's rigged," he complained.

Lani giggled as he handed over the little flop eared mouse plush. "You did your best," she said.

"In other words, you wimped out and she's too polite to hold it against you," Rex said.

"It might just be jammed. Maybe Taran should fix it and get me one of them cute little gold bunnies," Ros suggested strongly.

Tai raised a brow. "Oh, be my guest if we're playing it that way," he said and gestured to the game.

"Being a creepy alien comes in handy sometimes," Taran remarked. Shaking his head, he fished some money out of his wallet and paid the vendor for the turn. He smacked the platform with the mallet. The ball rose up to ring the bell with a solid clang. The vendor looked abashed but handed him the Gold Ranger bunny.

Ros snatched it with glee. "It's so cute and I'm gonna name him Creepy Alien," she said. Autumn couldn't help laughing when Taran rolled his eyes in exasperation.

"I'll give it another go," Tai declared. He paid the vendor again. He cracked his knuckled and took up the mallet. He used a burst of genetically enhanced strength and smacked the button. Once again the ball shot up with a solid ringing of the bell. "We'll take the Red Ranger," he said to the now sick looking vendor. He gave the Ranger bear to Lani.

She hugged it close. She made face at Rex and gave him the puny mouse. He patted his cheek a bit too hard. "You deserve this now scoot off somewhere else and look pretty," she told him with a grin.

Before Rex could retort, the strong man game exploded.

Taran had just managed to put himself between himself and the girls when the explosion happened. Others weren't so prepared and were sent flying. He looked around. Holding a green bladed scimitar in one and a power blaster in the other, the male Green Ranger stood there. "I win," he said in a way that made it sound like he struggled just to speak.

-x-

The Blue Team was working in Command Center. They were in their lab. Beta Z was watching them with something akin to excitement. "When the power levels reach 100% the entire Command Center will go offline," Danny reminded Dr. Bill who was in the Power Chamber, also waiting for the pre-programmed changes they'd been working on for several weeks to be activated.

Something began to beep. "95%," Beez reported. "96, 97, 98, 99--" she powered off at the same time as everything in the Command Center went dark.

Suddenly there was an electronic hum as the Command Center came back online, shifting itself into a new configuration where necessary, updating itself. In the Power Chamber, many changes happened. It entirely restructured itself. There was no longer a viewing globe. Instead there was a series of flat screen monitors along the walls with several terminals for access to the CPU.

One of the screens came on to reveal the face of a young brunette. "Command Center Central Computer, online," she reported.

The hologram of a young woman appeared in front of Dr. Bill, making him jump. "Holographic Interface, online. Greetings, Billy," she said.

The lights in the lab came back on. The tube that had previously housed Beta Z opened with a hiss of air and a woman stepped out. She was young with lavender colored eyes and medium length brown hair. She wore a white and purple dress and tights with knee high boots. "Command Center reboot complete. Hello, I am Beta Z," she greeted the Blues.

-x-

Widow and Roki had been taking in the fair while they schemed. They blended in, dressed casually as Earthlings. She spit out a melted gob of cotton candy. "That was vile," she declared. "Ugh, we are doing this planet a favor by destroying humans," she said and tossed the cotton candy aside.

Roki wrinkled his nose. "Yes," he agreed. He couldn't have been paid enough to try that fluffy pink monstrosity. His wife was even braver than he was.

"Hey, you can't throw that there!" some one shouted at her. She flicked her wrist and whoever that was went crashing into the crowd.

"It's time for the real fun begin," Roki said when he heard the nearby explosion.

Widow smirked. "And just to make sure the other Rangers don't interfere," she flicked her wrist again. A large teddy bear with fierce jaws and claws appeared. One of it's glass eyes was dangling by a string and it had several patches in it's mottled and matted hide "Fluffinhesser, destroy this place," she ordered.

"Ehehe, gladly," the monster said in a goofy sort of voice. He began spitting energy balls from it's gaping maw, exploding stalls, food stands and whatever else might be in it's way.

Zita walked up behind her brother and Widow. "Try some popcorn," she said and held the bag out to them. They thanked her and took the popcorn. She nodded and snapped her fingers. Putties began appearing to help the chaos spread.

-x-

"Win!" Autumn shouted and tried to go to her brother. Taran blocked her and Rei grabbed her arm.

"I don't think that's exactly Winter right now," Rei warned her.

"I come for him," the male Green grunted, pointing his sword at Taran. Autumn gasped. His aura was muddy and gross looking.

"Power Rangers, there are Putties and a monster in another part of the fairgrounds," a strange voice said over their communicators.

"Taran, stay here and handle this. We'll handle that," Tai said. He spotted Fox where he'd fallen, thrown a fair distance by the strength test exploding. "Crap," he muttered.

"We'll get him safe," Hayden told Tai when he saw the kid sitting up groggily and cradling his arm. He and the two women went to coral him.

"It's Morphin' Time!"

When he Rangers Morph they began to move toward the monster disturbance. The male Black hesitated. "I have to find my sister," he said. The male Red nodded.

"I'll help," the female Black said.

For a moment, Silver felt torn. Part of him wanted to go to the monster as ordered, part of him wanted to stay and help Gold, and another part of him wanted to help the Blacks. He suddenly felt a strange lurching feeling in his gut. He blinked, He was suddenly looking at two other hims. "Right," he said and the other two nodded. One went to join the Black Rangers, one went to join the rest of the Rangers. He remained, being gaped at by Gold, Green and Rei.

"Beats me, too," he said.

"Don't matter," Green said jumped into the middle of the two Rangers. He'd been juiced to the maximum and seemed to have no qualms about playing dirty against teammates. Rei watched while she tried to figure out what had been done to him.

-x-

Fluffinhesser and Putty Patrollers were destroying everything in their path. Rides lay in smoking ruins. The Blue Rangers were already on the scene. Male Blue was trying to get to the monster, but female Blue went down in an inelegant sprawl when a Putty tripped her.

Male Red shook his head and fired his Power Blaster and went to help her up. "That's it. You, Wood and Nathan are getting some training starting asap," he said.

She sniffed and tossed a Power Sai over his head and hit a Z-Putty square on. "Fine," she said. She could admit she needed the training.

He nodded and decided to let her partner cover her. He turned his attention to the monster. "Hey ugly, over here," he said and drew his sword.

The monster turned toward him and giggled oddly. "Heeuk, heeuk, heeuk. Well what do we got here?" he blew energy balls at him. He deflected most of the blasts but one knocked him off his feet. The monster didn't seem to have any Reaver orbs powering it, but he was no lightweight.

-x-

The Black Team and one of the Silver Rangers found Rena Hart and her friends being terrorized by Putties. Several of girls were screaming, but not Rena. She squared off against the Putty ring leader. She kicked out and hit him in the Z, making him disintegrate. "Take that," she said sassily and made a face at the rest of them. Her friends squealed again.

The three Rangers drew their blasters and fired over their heads at the Putties. "You girls get out of here," male Black ordered, making his voice deeper.

"I have to find my brother," Rena denied.

"Go somewhere safe. He'll find you," Silver instructed, effecting an American accent.

She seemed torn.

"Come on, Rena. Let's go wait for him at his car," one of the girls said. The other two grabbed her and dragged her away.

Female Black snorted. "Is she a Hart or is she a Hart?" she commented. Silver chuckled.

"Haha, let's go end that monster," male Black said.

-x-

The male Green Ranger knocked back one of the Silver Rangers and them jumped at the Gold Ranger in full force. The two met. Rei took a deep breath. "Cover me for a second," she said to him.

"What d'you think you're going to do?" he asked her. She didn't answer, making a white ball appear in her hand. It was similar to the one she first used on the Skeleton Ranger. She dashed forward and threw the ball.

It hit the male Green Ranger. He stumbled, grunted and turned toward Rei enraged and ran at her, preparing to cut her down. Silver jumped in front of her and blocked with his CeratoSword.

Rei was consternated. She dashed over to Gold. "You'll have to do it," she said.

"Do what?" he asked warily.

"The spell. It's how I kept knocking sense into Sora when he was the Skeleton Ranger. My power is enough to counteract Zita but not Widow's. You're the only one with the potential to counteract whatever magic she's done on him," she said.

Gold shook his head. "I ain't a sorcerer," he denied and went to help Silver with Green.

Rei sighed and stomped her foot. "You'll have to become one eventually," she muttered. She summoned another spell. "Duck!" she shouted. Without thinking the two Rangers ducked. She tossed a powerful spell at Green. It connected and exploded. He went flying, knocked unconscious. She winced.

Before anyone could get to him, he disappeared.

Gold muttered a curse. "Autumn ain't gonna like that," he said.

"We'll think of something. Let's go help the others," Silver said.

-x-

There was a briefly confusing moment when the Blacks and Silver joined the fight, only to be followed by Gold and Silver and Rei. The three Silvers met up and merged into one again. "That was bloody strange," he commented, happy to be whole again.

"Yeah...I bet," male Black said, cocking his head.

"We can deal with his split personality later. Let's get rid of this monster," male Red said. "Mega Power Cannon!" Six Rangers came in close. They combined their weapons, all of them, to form a rather large, multi-barreled cannon.
The male Red Ranger aimed the Cannon. "Fire!" the male Red pulled the trigger. Six points of energy swirled into the monster and exploded through him. The monster exploded.

He came back together and grew to enormous proportions. "Heeuk, heeuk, heeuk," Fluffinhesser chortled eagerly. He danced over to the Ferris wheel and pushed it over. He clapped his hands. "Wheeee! So fun," he said, seeming to totally forget the forget the Rangers.

"Zord time, people," male Red said.

"It is time for Sora to awaken the Ceratosaurus," the unfamiliar voice said.

"TyrannoZord!"

"TriceraZord!"

"MastoZord!"

"PteroZord!"

"SaberZord!"

"Awaken the Ceratosaurus!"

The Zords began appearing from various hidden placed around the city. They were bulky yet eerily realistic. The Zords teleported their chosen pilots into their cockpits. The male Red, male Blue, female Black, female Pink, and male Yellow.

The silver CeratoZord appeared, a small armed dino with a strong tail. Silver was teleported to a cockpit. He charged toward the monster, head down and knocked him aside.

"Let's bring them together," male Red said. "Activating Megazord Configuration," he said and pressed the red button. The Zords began assembling together. The SaberZord and the MastoZord formed legs and feet. The TyrannoZord formed a torso while the PteroZord and TriceraZord formed arms. A helmeted head turned out of the TyrannoZord. The CeratoZord broke apart to form armor, a helmet and the tail compressed, flattening into a giant version of the CeratoSword. The pilots appeared in the shared cockpit. "Legendary CeratoMegazord!"

"Heeuk, heeuk, heeuk. That's kind of scary," Fluffinhesser said tremulously and stumbled back. He began firing energy balls at them. The CeratoSword knocked them aside. He stamped a fuzzy foot. "Batter Up!" he said a little more seriously and opened his jaws to un believable degrees.

"Oh, that doesn't look good," Black said.

"Brace!" Blue shouted just as energy balls began to shoot from his mouth in rapid succession. They were unable to fully compensate for the change in speed. They were hit. Small explosions wracking them.

Fluffinhesser began to cough and hack, pounding in his chest trying to blockage that suddenly stopped his attack.

Smoking and sparking the CertoMegazord rallied. "Let's get him while he's distracted," Pink said.

"Right O," Silver said. "CeratoSword Quicksilver Slash!" The Megazord powered forward and slashed the with the CeratoSword several times then jumped aside. There was a pause, then all the slash marks riddling Fluffinhesser began to glow as he slowly slid apart before exploding.

"We got him," Silver said.

"Unfortunately, the fair is kinda ruined," Black murmured looking over what was left of the fairgrounds.

Red sighed. "We'd better go regroup," he said.

"And who the heck is that on our communicators?" Yellow asked.

"That is a good question. Let's get to the Command Center," Blue said, a grin in voice.

-x-

Palace on the Moon

Winter woke up, feeling groggy, in pain but actually himself. he hadn't felt like himself in weeks. He was strapped into a bed in Widow's lab. She stood nearby talking in a furious hiss to Zita. "Let me go," he said thickly. His brain and his mouth didn't seem to want to cooperate.

Widow turned to him and scowled. "See? It was just a delayed reaction. Her puny spell was enough to jar him," she complained. "If you don't do something about her, I will," she said to her sister-in-law as she approached him with a syringe.

Zita seethed. "I will do something about her," she said and turned on her heel and strode out of the lab.

"Stop," Win said as Widow prepped his arm for injection. She didn't even acknowledge that he spoke. She just gave him the injection and whatever there was of him simply fizzled out.

Sighing and pursing her lips, Widow left him there.

-x-

The new and improved Command Center was a bit of a shock. The three Beta Z's were an even bigger shock.

"I must admit, I'm truly impressed and amazed by what you two managed to accomplish. She is a marvel," Holly said, looking Beta Z over, walking in a circle around her.

"Thank you, Holly," Beta Z said with a smile. "With my new body and connection to the Command Center Central Computer, I will be able to better assist you all," she said, still beaming.

"Not to mention the ability to access me at any point within the Command Center," said the Beez in the monitors.

"My holographic network also extends to all parts of the Command Center," the hologram Beez added.

"That's all very impressive. Can you organize a community clean-up for the fairgrounds?" Tai asked, his most pressing concern at the moment. Even the Winter situation wasn't such a priority. He was no worse off than before, and they even seemed to have more information. He knew that didn't help Autumn any, but she had her friends around her to help her through this.

"It is being done," Beez assured him.

"How's Fox?" Nathan asked.

"He was admitted to Angel Grove General. He has a mild radial fracture," Beez answered. "He has been discharged,"

Autumn sighed and Rei patted her arm. "Why don't you go check on Fox," she suggested.

"I'll go with," Taran volunteered. He could tell by the way Rei just glared at him that she wanted to corner him about this magic business. He just wasn't sure she had it right when it came to him.

Autumn gave a weak smile. "Thank you, Taran. I'm sorry my brother is trying to kill you," she said.

"I won't hold it against him. 'Sides, ain't his fault. My sister is trying to kill me using your brother," he said. She even managed a small laugh. They teleported out of the Command Center.

"The rest of us can join the community clean-up," Tai said. The others agreed, except Rex, who wasn't there. As soon as they defeated the monster he went to take care of his sister and her friends. They left the Command Center.

Tai took Lani aside when they arrived. "I'm sorry for the way things ended," he said.

She smiled and kissed his cheek. "It was fantastic until then. And you won me a cute little Red Ranger bear. This is going into the good column," she said. He smiled sheepishly. She gave him a quick kiss before running off join her friends to help with the clean-up. Grinning from ear to ear, Tai went to join in as well.

-xThe End Chapter 09x-           

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment