Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Morphin' Quest



In 2005 Angel Grove and the Power Coins are out there, broken, awaiting their other halves. When Roki and Zita Repulsa take residence in the Palace on the Moon six ordinary young people find themselves in the middle of a Z Putty attack. They become Power Rangers. It is then up to them to complete the other halves of their coins and defend the world against Evil.

Chapter 28 - Morphin' Quest

Chapter 28 - Morphin' Quest
Angel Grove, 2006

Moriko and Rei found that locating Zita was fairly difficult. Even though Zita didn't know where she should even go now, so she was wondering around Angel Grove, dressed like an ordinary girl in jeans and a purple hoodie. If they didn't know her, no one would suspect the disgruntled girl was in fact the very same Zita that had wreaking havoc for the past few months. Somehow, she'd made a full circuit and ended up back at the cherry trees.

Grandpa was there tending to them. "They'll be okay, Akira-san. They are strong," she said quietly from behind him. She knelt to help him spread something she thought was fertilizer. "Are you unharmed?" she asked.

Akira grunted. "It would take more than that space witch to take out a Watanabe," he answered. He patted the trunk of one of the trees and smiled a smile full of happy memories as he thought of his late wife. He glanced at Zita. "And you, Zita-san?" he asked.

"What about me?" she grumbled and stood up again. She dusted herself off.

Akira straightened up as well. "The Zita that has been antagonizing my home and plaguing my grandson for these long months would not simply give up and be ousted from her own home. She would not let herself be beaten for one set back," he said.

Zita pouted. "You're not wrong, but what can I do. With that piece of Soul Stone she has, there's nothing I can do her. My power is nothing next to it," she admitted and hated doing so.

Akira suddenly gave her the look. It was the look that almost every Ranger had received from Tai at some point over the past few months. Zita's response was to try not to fidget and jutted her chin out defensively. "From my understanding, Zita-san, you are not alone," He glanced over her shoulder. He gave her a bow, then bowed to her two sisters as they came up behind her. He took his leave from them and headed back to his house.

Zita clenched her jaw and turned to face them. "What?" she asked belligerently and struggled to pretend that the old man wasn't making sense.

"We've been looking for you everywhere," Moriko complained as they came to a stop.

"It's a good thing we know an expert tracker," Rei added.

Zita raised a brow. "I don't see an expert tracker," she said.

Moriko tried to suppress an eye roll. "He went to the Moon to start figuring out a way to rescue Finster," she said.

"I hope his brain doesn't melt with all the thinking he'll required to do," Zita grumbled.

Moriko clenched her teeth and smiled so that she wouldn't say anything she would regret. Rei sighed. "Anyway," she said loudly to head off what might end up as a fight, "we need to put our differences aside to get rid of that," she said, pointing to the giant, super-powered Riti in the distance.

Zita and Moriko looked up. "Yeah. Someone has to stop her," Moriko agreed.

"And how do you propose we do that? I'm not exactly interesting in saving the planet I've been trying to conquer," Zita said.

Rei ignored her. "The Power Rangers are on a quest. Their allies are keeping Riti's monsters occupied until they return. Even so, they won't have enough power to defeat Riti. Only we will and only if they succeed," she said.

"How do you mean?" Moriko said.

"There are three things we'll need. The most important thing is each other. The three of us are no longer together. Our power is no longer being stifled. I don't remember how powerful you were with us inside you, but since being free, I keep growing in strength little by little," Rei looked at Zita.

"Me, too," Moriko said.

Zita glowered, then tossed her head. "I was weaker at first, but I've regained that power and more since then," she admitted. Rationally, she knew that teaming up with her sisters was the right move, but she felt backed into a corner. Rei was her enemy and Moriko was times her best friend and most annoying person she'd ever met. She was a little afraid of joining with them again. She was only just now beginning to rediscover herself after separating from them. She wasn't happy with everything she was discovering. "What are the other two things?" she asked.

Rei gestured to the threes. "This is where we will make our stand," she said.

"And the third? Something we only get by depending on the Power Rangers?" Moriko prompted.

Rei smiled. "Have you ever heard the legend of the White Wizard?" she asked.

"A fairytale is the last thing we'll need?" Zita demanded. She shook her head. "I must be insane to even be listening to you," she said and turned to leave.

"The White Wizard wields a staff. The Power Rangers are questing for the pieces of a staff," Rei said.

Zita slowly turned back around. "Zordon's Staff? The Power Rangers are going to have Zordon's staff?" she demanded and sucked in a breath.

Moriko's eyes went wide. "Then the White Wizard--"

"Will have many things to do, but one of them will be to help defeat Riti and Rio," Rei answered.

Zita nodded. She didn't like the dependence on white magick, but what choice did she have? "Okay then. Let's figure out a way to get Riti here for a showdown," she said and held out a hand, signaling her willingness to team-up with them.

Moriko beamed and clasped her wrist. Rei let out a slow breath. She reached out and clasped Moriko's wrist. Zita wrapping her hand around Rei's wrist not only joined them in this venture, but formed a magical triad. Smoke whished around them as they changed their appearances from ordinary girls, to magical sisters. As one they began to speak a magical spell.

-x-

Angel Grove, 1994

The city was peaceful, the cars were blocky, and the clothes were baggy when Tai, Billie, and Melody arrived wherever they were headed. Given the Morph Keys they held, they guessed the 1990's. The city they knew. It was home. Home a decade or so in the past, but home nonetheless. They landed somewhere around Angel Grove Park, but there was a completely different feel to it than they were used to.

"No laptops, no cell phones, a phone booth? I can't even process what I'm seeing," Billie shook her head in horror.

"That guy has a cell phone," Mel said, gesturing to a middle-aged man in a leisure suit walking his tiny dog.

"That's not a cell phone. That's a cinder block," Tai said. "I think it weighs more than his dog does," he said. "I'm glad I was a kid and had never even heard words 'mobile technology'," he added.

"Me, too," Mel agreed.

"Speak for yourselves," Billie commented sourly. "All right, leader boy, what now?" she asked.

"Since we weren't given Power Morphers for this little adventure, it's probably a safe bet that these enable us to Morph," he said, holding up his key. Sure enough, he felt his wrists begin to vibrate. He twisted his wrists and made his cuffs appear. The Key bonded with his Morpher. Nothing changed but he could feel something was different.

Billie made her cuffs appear and the yellow Key bonded with her cuffs, making them turn yellow and her Power Coin turned from her faithful triceratops, to the unfamiliar Smilodon. "Still not understanding this change-up," she declared.

Mel made her communicator appear, and another cuff formed around her other wrist. The pink Key bonded with them, turning them pink and formed a pterodactyl Power Coin. They twisted their wrists again making the cuffs disappear. "Maybe it's logistical. The Power Daggers are more like your Power Sai than the Power Lance," she suggested.

Tai was silent, rubbing his wrist and looking to the east. "I think I know where we're headed," he said.

"Where?" Mel asked.

"The Command Center? Would the staff piece really be in such an obvious place?" Billie asked.

Tai shrugged. "We won't know 'til we get there. Don't suppose you could whip up a flying car for us?" he asked.

"That's more Danny's thing, and he's like six right now," Billie answered.

"Looks like we're hoofing it," Mel commented.

Billie frowned. "Surely even a six-year-old Danny can make a car fly. Let's go find him," she said.

Tai snorted. "No can do. We'll stop and pick up some supplies, but we're taking a hike," he said.

"Do you know how far the Command center is from Angel Grove? And what kind of terrain we have to cover?" she demanded.

"That's what the supplies are for. Come on. It'll be good for you," Mel said chipperly and headed out. Tai began to follow, practically dragging Billie behind them.

-x-

They bought backpacks, water, granola bars, and other just in case supplies from an outdoor supply store in the mall that had been there as long as any of them could remember. Tai and Billie had to change into clothes and shoes more suitable for a cross-country hike than going to a cultural festival or schlepping around the lab. Mel and Zara had been planning to camp out and do some training, so she was prepared for an adventure of this sort.

"We should probably find some caffeine for Billie. I don't want to die in the middle of the wilderness because she ran out of potion and turned into a killer bear," Melody said as they spilled out of the store.

Billie wrinkled her nose. "Hey, that's...a really good point," she said as she stuck her arms through her backpack straps.

"We'll grab some instant coffee at a convenience store. Unless the schedule has changed in the last decade, we need to catch the ten-twenty bus in front of the pharmacy on Bradbury and Elm to get to the foothills and start east," Tai said.

Billie made a face at the thought of instant coffee and lukewarm water, but decided not to argue. "Lead the way, leader boy," she prompted.

Tai paused and glanced back at her. He started to say something, but changed his mind and started walking. Billie smirked. Mel held back a giggle and they started behind him. After a brief stop at the nearest convenience store, they boarded their bus. Billie took the time to caffeinate. Plugging her nose and holding her breath, she managed to down the entire bottle of grainy, bitter coffee flavored water. She shuddered when she was finished.

Melody shuddered as well. "How can you do that?" she asked.

"You have be Glitch," Tai answered for Billie. She gave him a disgruntled look and it was his turn to smirk.

Mel just nodded. She pulled out a map. "I know it's not on a map, but we should probably decide the best route to take. I know we have to go over these foot hills here," she said, pointing, "before we can head out to the desert, but which path is best?" she asked.

Tai glanced at the map and squinted. Without asking, he removed Billie's glassed from her face and found the best distance to be able to use them without going completely blind himself. "Here," he said, pointing to a trail. "It's little used because it's kind of tricky and only for the most experienced hikers, but Rex and I have gone over it with Grandpa on many occasions," he explained.

"What do you mean by tricky?" Billie demanded, snatching her glasses back.

"Don't worry, Billie. Since Tai is familiar with it and it can't be any worse than some of the jungle paths I've trekked on Mirinoi, we'll get you through it," Melody assured her.

Billie nodded. "All right. So, then what, wander around the desert until something happens?" she asked.

"Basically," Tai answered.

"You're not exactly inspiring anyone with confidence here," Billie grumbled. She sat back in her seat and waited for the bus ride to be over.

-x-

The site was pretty busy when the trio arrived. The Angel Grove foothills were a big draw for campers and hikers. "Wow. There are a lot of crazy people that do this for fun," Billie declared.

Tai nodded.

"I was including you in that statement," she added.

"I didn't do it for fun. You might complain about the trip, but be glad you have shoes and not a backpack full of rocks while swinging around a wooden sword," Tai stated as he led the way.

Mel gawked up at him. "Wow, Grandpa doesn't kid around, does he?" she mumbled.

"Not when it comes to training," Tai said.

"Well, I can definitely say I'm very glad you never took a page a page from Grandpa's training manual when you were training Mina," Billie said.

"It was coming," Tai said. "I was looking forward to it," he added. "I think evil me was a bit of a sadist," he said, frowning now.

Mel nodded. "You guys were kind of scary," she agreed.

Tai cleared his throat and started walking. "Enough reminiscing about the bad times," he said as he led them toward the direction they needed to go.

They came to a split in the trail they were taking. On trail led to an easier, if still challenging path, and the other led the way they needed to go. Unfortunately, when they got there, they weren't alone. "Oh, crap," Tai uttered as they encountered six technicolor teenagers with all too familiar faces debating which path they should take.

"Come on, you guys. We can't split up. This might be our last camp out together," the bubbly girl in pink told her friends.

"I tend to agree with that assessment. Though my hiking abilities have more than enough for improvement, surely I can take the tougher path if we all stick together," a gawky young man in blue denim overalls said with the same face he still had over a decade later.

"I'm cool with whatever we choose," the black guy in baggy hiking shorts said with a good natured smile.

"Me, too. But I think the easier path would be more enjoyable. This isn't meant to be a challenge," the Asian girl in yellow said with a soft smile.

"That's a good point," a long-haired teenager with a green shirt tied around his waist stated.

Solidly built and frowning thoughtfully, the teen in red nodded slowly. "Okay. We'll take it then. Trini's right. The point isn't the challenge, it's hanging together for the last time, the six of us," Jason Lee Scott agreed. He looked up at the trio who joined them on the trailhead and gave them welcoming smiles. "Hi. Sorry if we're blocking the way," he said. The other teenagers looked up at them.

Tai quickly shook his head and tried to stop gawking. "It's fine," he said, and he was really hoping they would agree to take the easier path. "We'll just be going then," he said, trying to interact with them as little as possible.

Mel gave a smile and friendly wave and scurried along behind Tai. She grabbed Billie's arm to drag her along with them. They didn't get very far.

Z-Putties began appearing all around the trailhead. "Oh, great," Billie said. They had all nine of them surrounded. They weren't going to be able to escape without fighting.

"Get behind us," Jason called to them as the six original Power Rangers rushed forward to engage the Putties, who were clearly after them. But just like the future, past Putties didn't mind collateral damage and tried to attack the trio as well.

Three them went after Billie but she disappeared. While they fumbled over themselves in confusion, each of them were smacked in the Z causing them to crumble.

"Going invisible might not have been the best move in the situation," Tai told her after throwing a Puttie in his comrades. He pulled a telescopic baton out of his backpack and began using it using as a substitute for a sword.

"Well, you taught me to use my strengths," she pointed out.

Melody also had a telescopic baton, but she was relying mostly on her martial arts rather than the weapon. "We're getting funny looks," she said to them.

"I know," Tai grumbled. "You and Billie hurry ahead of me, I'll hold off the Putties before joining you," he said.

The two girls regrouped and ducked behind Tai and hurried along the trail. Jason made his way over to Tai. "Who are you?" he demanded. Before Tai could answer, he reached out, and swung Jason behind him, kicking a Puttie in the chest that was about to take off his head.

"Just a tourist passing through," he said to Jason's shocked face. "And, a bit of advice, get your friends to cover. Now," he said and ran to a rather large tree and kicked it with every ounce of his enhanced strength. The tree creaked in warning. While Jason got his friends to cover, the Putties were mostly squashed and the mysterious trio disappeared down the trail.

"Who were they?" Kimberly Hart asked in the aftermath.

"I don't know, but where there are Putties, there's big trouble," Tommy Oliver said with a frown.

"We need to regroup on the Command Center," Trini Kwan declared.

"I concur," Billy Cranston agreed.

"What do you think, Jason?" Zack asked.

Jason was looking up the trail with a thoughtful expression. "Yes. Let's go," he said finally, and they teleported to the Command Center to deal whatever plans Lord Zedd had for them at the moment. The mysterious trio could wait. He didn't think they were a threat and the guy had saved his skin.

-x-

The trail had been exhausting. At least for Billie. She was far from the outdoorsy sort. Even Melody had a little trouble with it. Tai fared a little better, but using his strength on that tree before had drained him. At some point when rocky terrain began turn more and more sandy, they decided to stop and eat some of the granola bars they brought along.

Billie groaned. "My legs feel like they're going fall off," she said. "Are we sure the cosmic Powers That Be chose the right person to be a Power Ranger?" she asked.

"You can always give me your Power Coin and just be tech support," Melody suggested.

"Not on your life," Billie snarled making the other girl laugh. "Though, what's all that crap the Phantom Ranger was touting about the three of us being special?" she asked. "I mean, me I understand, I'm a genius who almost took over the world," she said. "But what about you two?" she asked.

"No idea. I thought Rex was Destiny Boy, not me," Tai said and downed a bottle of water.

Melody shrugged. "Don't really know. I'm not even technically a Power Ranger yet," she said and looked at her right hand. She hissed slightly as the pattern in her hand showed up briefly.

"What was that?" Billie asked, grabbing her hand and looking at it.

Mel shook her head. "Not really sure. It's a mark that got left there when I touched the Pink Quasar Sabre. It hurts whenever it shows up, which it does for no reason," she added, rubbing her hand, now vaguely tingling as it disappeared.

Tai was now gazing off into the distance. "Phantom Ranger always knows more than he lets on, and no amount of asking will get us anywhere. We just have to wait and see. We'll know one day," he said. "We need to get moving. We're close. If not to the Command Center, then our destination," he said.

"We should reapply our sunblock before we start stomping around in the desert," Melody said and pulled her tube from her backpack. Not denying the wisdom of that, the other two did the same.

Fed, watered, and UV protected, they began walking again. The walk was long and boring. For some reason they began to sing "The Song that Doesn't End" before Billie declared she'd strangle the next person who started it over. Twenty-questions didn't end well either. "You can't always be Spock, Billie," Melody groused. There was silence after this for a time.

"MMORPGs lie about how exciting quests are," Billie finally declared.

"Life isn't really like a video game. Not even for a Power Ranger," Melody pointed out. Tai suddenly flung an arm out and stopped them, even stepping back several feet as suddenly a ravine began opening the sand. The girls gave startled yelps as they scrambled back. "What just happened?" Mel demanded.

"And sometimes life is like a video game," Billie said. The crack extended as far as the eye could see. "What now?" she asked.

Tai pulled a flare from his back-pack and struck it. He tossed it into the crevasse, watching as the light eventually disappeared. It was too wide to jump, and even if he were to try and toss the girls over, he wasn't sure they'd make it.

Billie frowned. "Well, that's not good," she said. She took a handful of sand and began to sprinkle it around the edge of the crevasse.

"What are you doing?" Melody asked.

"They don't have copies of Indiana Jones on Terra Venture? I was trying to see if there was an invisible rock bridge like in The Last Crusade," Billie answered.

"Ooh," Melody said. She vaguely remembered the movies, but she probably only saw them before leaving Earth if at all.

"There may not be a rock bridge, but we do need faith," Tai suddenly.

"Well, I don't have any, so you can forget about me stepping into dead air," Billie declared immediately.

"C'mon, genius. Use that head of yours. Zordon hid his Staff pieces for us to find. He wouldn't exactly want us to fall to our deaths," Melody pointed out.

Billie took a deep breath and looked into the crevasse again. "Okay, you're right. But we should hedge out bets and all go together," she said and took Tai's hand in a death grip.

He nodded and held his other hand out to Mel. She took it. "No countdowns. Let's just go. Now!" she said and they all took a step into the void.

-x-

Alarms began going off in the Command Center. "Ay ay ay, Zordon!" A disc-headed robot threw up his arms and turned toward the interdimensional tube that housed the core essence of the Eltarin known as Zordon. "Some has breached the underground tunnels," he reported.

"The time must have come," Zordon stated.

"What's going on?" Jason asked.

Alpha hurriedly slipped in front of the viewing globe and struck an awkward pose to keep him from seeing what was happening. "There is nothing going on," he said despite the alarms still going off.

"It is all right, Alpha. Jason may watch," Zordon said.

"Ay ay ay," Alpha said and hurriedly cut off the alarms before any of the other rangers showed up.

Jason watched the scene in the viewing globe. "That's the one from before," he said, surprised.

"All is well, Jason," Zordon assured him. Jason nodded, watching the events unfolding on the viewing globe.

-x-

Tai, Billie, and Melody didn't fall to their doom. They didn't have a moment to be glad. As soon as they arrived in an underground cavern, they heard a rumble behind him. "Oh, frosted flakes," Billie gulped as she turned her head.

"Run!" Tai pushed the girls in front of him as they began to outrun the giant boulder that was rolling down the tunnel behind them. Being usually klutzy and prone to falling down, Billie got her backpack snagged on a stalagmite. She managed to pull herself out of the straps but she went tumbling with a cry.

Tai glanced back. "Help her," he shouted at Melody. He took a deep breath and ran toward the boulder. Dredging up his strength again, he took a stance. He took a deep breath and blocked everything else out. The boulder didn't slow down.

Mel helped Billie to her feet as they watched Tai strike out with a fluid motion. He sent not only his genetic strength, but also his own energy into the rock through an open handed blow. It broke up and the momentum threw smaller, less dangerous rocks around him. Billie and Mel balled up to protect themselves.

Mel opened her eyes when it seemed at all the rocks quit falling. "Wow," she declared.

Tai shook out his hand with a wince. He saw them staring at him. He looked at what was left of the boulder. He rubbed the back of his neck as his ears turned red. "Um, Watanabe martial arts meets genetic enhancements," he said.

Melody suddenly started laughing. "I'm really starting to see what Lani likes about you so much," she said as she began walking down the rest of the tunnel.

Billie fell into pace with her. "That's our leader boy," she said. Tai glowered at their backs and continued to follow them. The tunnel let out into a spacious cavern. It looked empty except that the dust motes from the earlier rock explosion where revealing crisscrossing laser beams similar to those museums use for security. There were also big sections of ground missing.

Tai tossed a piece of boulder rubble into the beams. As soon as it hit one, it exploded. "Well, this isn't good," he said. "They appear to be stationary, but not even Watanabe martial arts would help me get through there," he said.

"And I get even more spastic when I'm nervous," Billie said. "Being exploded by laser beams is definitely a nerve wracking prospect."

"Yeah, but I think I see a lever at the other end of the cavern. Maybe it turns these off. If we can get over there," Melody said.

"I see it, too," Tai said. "Billie--"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. My invisibility refracts light. I'm the only one that can make it to the lever. I just have to be careful of the enormous hole in the floor and stay invisible long enough to make it," she said, taking a few deep breaths.

Melody put a hand on her shoulder. "When you have to jump, just aim. You never miss. Just imagine that your body is something you're throwing," she said encouraging.

Billie nodded. "Here goes nothing," she said and turned invisible and began running. She could feel the heat from the lasers but they didn't register her as she bent them off course. She only paused to take careful aim when she had to jump a crack or crevasse. The Cavern was huge and she wasn't sure she was going to make it. She was beginning to feel herself become drained as she gave a last desperate long jump. She crashed into the pillar where the lever stood and pulled just as she became visible again.

"Whoo!" Melody cheered as she and Tai began to make her way through the cavern. She gave Billie a hug when they made it. "You did it," she said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get off me," Billie grumbled. Mel laughed but let her go.

"You didn't glitch once. Good job," Tai said. She managed a wan smile. "But we're not done yet," he said and glanced toward the archway that had opened up when Billie pulled the lever.

Billie was gulping water she pulled out of Melody's backpack. She wiped her mouth and put it back. "Well, I am invisible'd out. It's Melody's turn to get us through," she said.

Melody decided a drink of water was a good idea when her mouth went dry. "I don't have any genetic abilities," she said. "So maybe it'll be easy," she said hopefully.

"Absolutely," Billie agreed.

"Right," Tai added.

Knowing that it not going to be easy, Mel led the way through a short arched tunnel that went vaguely downhill. There was a set a spiral stone steps that led them down further. She gave a yelp when they eventually came to the end of the stairway and the floor disappear. Tai quickly steadied all of them.

"I doubt there's a stone bridge here either," Billie said drily.

Tai looked around. "There are ledge along the outer walls and what appear to be vines. Some of them seem to be trapezes," he said.

"And another lever," Melody said. "And the occasional flat topped pillar. This is definitely my room," she said.

"Are you nuts?" Billie asked.

"Are you sure?" Tai asked the same time.

Melody nodded. "Yes," she said to both questions. "Got any strength left?" she asked Tai.

"A bit," he answered.

"Give me a boost. That vine there," she said. There a vibe just out of reach. Tai knelt and joined his hands. She put her foot in them, and he helped her jump off. She flew through the air and grabbed at the vine. Her momentum carried her forward. She let go and landed on a couch sized slab of rock suspended by more vines. Running back and forth she began to rock it.

"She is nuts. She's absolutely insane," Billie declared, watching with her heart in her throat.

Once she had enough momentum going in the direction she needed it, Mel perched on the end of the slab and jumped. She landed on one of the ledges of the outer wall. She stood there, catching her breath. It was a thin ledge and not very long. After her heartbeat and breathing settled. She grabbed the vine that was hanging there and began to run before swinging across.

For a few moments there was no other way across swinging from vine to vine. After the last vine, she launched herself toward pillar that had a very small surface area. She landed in a crouch and flailed her arms to catch her balance.

"Be careful!" Tai shouted.

"It's ok! I'm almost there!" Melody shouted back. She stood up and jumped through the air. She freefell for quite some time before she caught hold of another vine and climbed back up.

"Are you trying to give people heart attacks!" Billie demanded.

Mel's only response was a quick thumb up as she began to rock back and forth, getting her momentum going again. When it was sufficient she jumped onto another couch sized slab and began rocking it.  A final leap from that one had her landing by the podium the lever sprouted from. She pulled it as she legs gave out and she collapsed on the ground. A wide stone bridge began stretching across the space. "I'll just lay here and die until you guys catch up," she muttered. That was the single most terrifying thing she had ever done.

"Guess growing up in the jungle has its uses," Tai remarked as he and Billie finally made it to the where she was sprawled. Finally, able to move she began to drink some water.

"Well, if my opinion matters, you're more than qualified to be a Power Ranger," Billie said and held a hand down to help to her feet.

Melody grinned as took the hand and hopped to her feet. "Maybe ol' Phantom knew what he was doing after all," she said.

"Let's rest here for a few minutes before going on," Tai said and rubbed his wrist. "We're almost there," he said. The girls agreed. They took the time to drink water, or coffee, and eat more granola to help recharge themselves.

When they passed through the final archway, the cavern they were in was expansive, but there was a ceiling and a whole floor. Floating in the middle of the cavern was an ornate piece of white Staff. It appeared to be the very top of the Staff. "After all that, isn't this a little too easy?" Billie asked suspiciously.

"Yes. We were given Morph capability for a reason," Tai agreed. He twisted his wrists and made his cuffs appear. Billie and Melody followed suit and they started toward the Staff piece.

Shimmering from invisibility was a massive sized monster that was a bit like an insect and a rat maze at the same time. From its fingers it began firing metallic spikes at them. There was nowhere to take cover they just had to out run and Morph on the fly. "It's Morphin' Time! Tyrannosaurus!" Tai shouted.

"Pterodactyl!" Melody called.

"Smilodon!" Billie said, though she almost said Triceratops. They came running out of the dust his attacks caused. The suits of the original Earth Power Rangers encasing them fully, feeling both familiar and alien at the same time.

"Power Daggers!" the Yellow Ranger threw the daggers once they appeared in her hands. They hit dead one.

"Power Bow!" the Pink Ranger jumped and drew back her arm shooting a pink bolt of energy at the Guardian.

"Power Sword!" the Red Ranger ran in and but everything he had into a massive swing that went straight through the Guardian and carried him to the other side of the cavern with his own momentum. The Guardian blew up behind him.

When the dust began to settle, the weapons and Morphs faded. Tai, Billie, and Melody walked toward the Staff piece and each grabbed hold without saying another word between them.

-xTo Be Continuedx-           

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment