Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 29 - Morphin' Legacy



In 2005 Angel Grove and the Power Coins are out there, broken, awaiting their other halves. When Roki and Zita Repulsa take residence in the Palace on the Moon six ordinary young people find themselves in the middle of a Z Putty attack. They become Power Rangers. It is then up to them to complete the other halves of their coins and defend the world against Evil.

Chapter 29 - Morphin' Legacy

Chapter 29 - Morphin' Legacy
Angel Grove, 2006

Tai, Billie, and Melody grasped the Staff piece in their hands. They felt a strange lurch but otherwise nothing changed. They appeared to not have moved all. They were in same cavern as they were before, in the exact same spot as well. The only thing different is that the Phantom Ranger was standing before them.

"Welcome back," he quipped. "Believe it or not, I actually watched all that live. It was great," he said and gave them a thumbs up with a hand that wasn't holding another silver case.

"I can believe it," Tai said.

"Me, too," Billie said and let go of the Staff piece.

Phantom Ranger chuckled. Mel wasn't sure what they meant so she didn't have anything to say on that. "Are we back?" she asked.

"You are," he said.

Suddenly in teams of threes and fours, the other Rangers began arriving. They all looked around, a little shell shocked, but all in one piece. There was a cacophony of odd pinging sounds as their Morphers began ejecting used up Morph Keys. The little figures had all gone gray and were smoking before they disintegrated into nothing.

"Well, that was interesting," Danny said.

Phantom Ranger clapped his hands together. "I know you're all probably tired, but we still have work to do," he said.

"Weirdly enough, I'm not tired at all," Nathan commented. There was a murmur of agreement.

"What do we do next?" Autumn asked.

Phantom was opening his case. "Good question. Staff bearers, give your pieces to Taran. Meanwhile, the rest of you have monsters to defeat," he said.

"Me?" Taran asked. Suddenly the staff piece in his hand began to glow. The other pieces suddenly flew toward him and began floating around him. He couldn't have let go of the staff piece in his hand if his life depended on it. The pieces began to spin around him so fast even he couldn't keep up with them. A whirl wind of power began to spin around and pieces of the Staff began to connect to each other, glowing with a blinding intensity.

Then there was this moment of clarity for Taran and he stopped resisting the pull. He knew what had to happen. He flung out a hand and the case the Phantom Ranger was holding began to float. Three sets of five and one set of three Morph Keys spread out amongst them. And they disappeared. Except Lammy. "Go to Griff," Taran told her.

Even as a Morph Key bonded to her Morpher, she knew it wasn't time for her to use it. She knew why he was sending her to Griff. She gave him a smile. "See, you can't deny your power anymore. Widow will be furious when she comes back and finds out," she said.

Taran's eyes had gone white, and his hair was beginning to gleam a white-gold. "I almost look forward to it. Hurry. Griff's waiting for you," he said. She nodded and disappeared in a wisp of gold smoke.

Taran turned his head toward Phantom Ranger. "You should go. A hologram isn't going to protect you from what's coming next," he said. His voice was beginning to sound hollow, as if coming from far away.

"Is there anyone who hasn't figured it out yet?" Phantom grumbled and teleported out of the underground cavern, leaving Taran alone with the storm of power he and the Staff were creating to reconnect the universe with the Morphing Grid.

-x-

Sora found himself thrown through space and landed three times. He'd been split apart without making it happen himself. Each of the clones looked at each other and looked around. They hadn't arrived at the scene of battle. Instead he saw the Repulsa sisters holding hands and levitating off the ground as they chanted. The cherry trees were glowing and there was a whirlpool of purple-pink energy below them.

He didn't have time to wonder why he'd been sent here when suddenly Rio arrive with a troop of Bone Drones. "What is this?" she asked and laughed derisively. "Do you pathetic sisters really think your powers are any match for mother and the Soul Stone?" she asked. "Tear apart their little spell circle," she commanded the Bone Drone.

Each Sora rushed forward and stood between the enemy and the sisters. "You'll have to get through me first," all three of him said at once.

Rio laughed again. "Last I checked, Triforian mutt, you Power Rangers can't even Morph," she said smirking.

"Check again," the central Sora said. The three of him twisted their wrists and made their cuffs appear. "It's Morphin Time! Legacy form! Omega Ranger!"

"Legacy form! Sigma Ranger!"

"Legacy form! Zeta Ranger!"

He brought his wrists together and they Morphed. One of him formed a white and navy power suit with a shield piece emblazoned with a golden omega symbol. A police-themed helmet formed around his head. One of him formed a purple-ish silver and indigo power suit with a sigma emblazoned on a chest piece and a slightly more U.F.O.-looking police helmet formed. The last of him formed a dark gunmetal and black power suit with a golden zeta symbol on the chest piece. The helmet that formed was more streamlined than the other two.

Rio was taken aback. "How is that possible? What are those suits?" she demanded.

"Protect the sisters from the Bone Drones, I'll handle Rio," Omega Ranger told the others.

"You don't have to say it," Sigma said, and broke off to engage a mass of Drones. He dove in and began kicking and punching, luring them far enough away to give the sisters some breathing room, but not so far that he couldn't make it back if he needed to. He popped the throttle on the device that had appeared on his wrist and gave it three sharp twists. "Fist of Thunder!" he hit the ground, and a massive explosion of energy raced through and exploded around the Drones.

"We're you," Zeta added and diverged to do the same. He also gave himself enough room to do what he needed to do. He popped the throttle on the device that appeared on his wrist. "Gravitation Pull!" The Droned suddenly found themselves being drawn toward him and they fought it. He made a fist and the energy bubble he'd created popped and exploded outwards, taking the Drones along as well.

Rio looked at Omega warily. She attacked. He blocked. She was fast and strong, but he was able to keep up with her for the most part. They kicked out and send each other flying through the air. They landed and tumbled. They scrambled to their feet. Rio held her hand in a gun shape and pointed it at the sky. Knowing that wasn't good, Omega popped the throttle on the device that had formed on his wrist. He gave it three sharp cranks. "Reality Warp!" Time slowed down around him and he ran forward.

Both feet landed against her chest as time caught up with him. When she landed she made a rut in the ground until she hit the barrier the cherry trees, which made her bounce off in a new direction. She snarled as she got to her feet. "Is that how you treat a girl?" she demanded.

"I'm an equal opportunity Power Ranger," Omega quipped.

Rio growled and began to glow as she powered up, wearing even less she had been, a strange helmet covered her head and two wicked looking blasters appeared in her hand. "Then I won't hold back any more," she said and began firing.

-x-

Winter, Wood, Nathan, Manny, and Chloe appeared near the airport. Between the Senturions and their two helpers, they'd managed to get the saxophone monster, Saksor, away from the main hub of the airport and were now engaging him and Bone Drones at an old airstrip nearby.

There was a momentary silence when the monster and the Drones noticed their arrival. The four figures battling also stopped and regrouped back to them. "Took you long enough, little brother," Red Senturion declared.

"Yeah, well, we're here now," Wood said.

"Is everything fixed now?" Blue Senturion asked.

"Not quite, but their working on it," Manny answered.

"Thank you all for your help, but it's time to retreat," Win said, including the martial artist and the ninja in this statement.

Mily Bly looked them over skeptically. "No offense, mate, it wasn't too long ago you had to beat a hasty retreat," she pointed out.

"It's been longer than you think," Nathan said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nyo asked.

"It means don't worry about it and get out of here," Chloe answered.

"Watch out!" Manny warned, the Bone Drones and Saksor had gotten over their momentary confusion and Saksor was sending a blast of sonic energy at them. That sent them all scrambling.

"What was all that big talk?" Red Senturion asked.

"We were getting to it. Don't be too shocked," Wood said. He made his cuffs appear, now blue. Manny, Chloe, Nathan, and Winter did was well.

"It's Morphin' Time! Legacy Form!" Winter called out.

"Shift into Turbo!" Wood called out.

Winter brought his cuffs together to activate the Morph sequence. Digitizing around him was the classic uniform of a Turbo Ranger. "Red Turbo Ranger!"

Wood activated his Morph. "Blue Turbo Ranger!"

Chloe activated her Morph. "Pink Turbo Ranger!"

Nathan activated his Morph. "Green Turbo Ranger!"

Manny activated her Morph. "Yellow Turbo Ranger!"

Red Senturion, TJ Johnson, former Red Turbo Ranger, and Blue Senturion, Justin Stewart, former Blue Turbo watched in something akin to amazement. "Now, why would that be shocking?" Red asked.

"That's awesome!" Blue shouted. "Oh, shoot," Bone Drones were starting to converge. "Strategic retreat," he said. He moved quickly, grabbed the ninja chick by the arm and teleported.

"Let's go, Nyo," Red said and corralled the younger man, teleporting away with him.

Saksor tooted an order to the Bone Drones and they began to attack in earnest. Red pulled a blaster shaped like a car from his hip. "Auto Blaster!" He began firing as he fought off Drones that got to close.

Blue wanted to revel in how cool he thought being a Turbo Ranger was, but he really didn't get the chance. He jumped high when a Drone tried to pounce on him. He landed on the shoulders of another one and balanced precariously. He pulled the Auto Blaster from his hip and began firing from his perch. "Man, this fantastic," he said and jumped of the Drone and fired at its back.

Pink stood waiting for the Drones to come at her. "Don't be fooled by the change on the outside. I'm still tough as ever on the inside," she said. She made herself dense and head-butted a Drone with a sickeningly loud crack. With her solid weight behind her, she made her way through the minions and when she couldn't hold the density any more, she pulled her Auto Blaster and began firing.

Green flipped over their heads, landing behind them, kicking them in their backs, making them stumble. He flipped again and stayed in the air. "You see it, right. Flying Turbo Ranger," he said and pulled his Auto Blaster and began firing.

Yellow sped along. "Turbo speed Yellow Ranger at your service," she said and pulled her Auto Blaster when she skidded to a stop and began firing.

"All together now!" Red said. He pulled something on the end of his Auto Blaster and a tiny turbine began to spin, powering it up. The others did the same. "Auto Blasters Turbo Mode, Fire!" They aimed at the monster.

Saksor unleashed a sonic blaster that met the powered up laser fire. The result was an explosion that didn't make it to him. He tooted his laughter of victory.

"It's not over yet," Red warned him. "Turbo Robotic Arsenal Mobilizer!" A small vehicle sped toward them, seemingly appearing some nowhere. It held their personal weapons. They picked them up. "Turbo Lightning Sword!" Red head a sword.

"Turbo Hand Blasters!" Blue held two large barrel blue blasters.

"Turbo Thunder Cannon!" Green held a large laser weapon.

"Turbo Star Chargers!" Yellow said and held two devices with electrical conductors on them.

"Turbo Wind Fire!" Pink had a laser shooter shaped like a bow with two barrels.

Saksor took a deep breath and blew again. This time the energy from the blast was enough to knock them off their feet and explode the world around them.

-x-

Randi, Green Senturion and Yellow Senturion had managed to lure Zyrinoc away from the little laundry district and toward a more open space, but now they found themselves surrounded by Bone Drones. Randi was running low on energy and the slightly outdated tech of the Senturions weren't faring too well either.

Lani, Melody, Danny, Zara, and Tori arrived in a flash. "Oh, back for more punishment?" Zyrinoc croaked in his gravelly voice.

"Oh, thank heavens," Randi said in a whoosh.

Yellow Senturion kicked a Bone Drone in the head and made her way to them. "Glad to see," she said.

"Is the Grid fixed?" Green Senturion asked as they regrouped with the new arrivals.

"We got a guy working on it," Danny answered.

"Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but why are you here then?" Randi asked.

"Who'd take that the wrong way?" Zara asked.

"It's covered. You should retreat for now," Lani said.

"Good idea. Come on, Randi," Yellow said. Before Randi could ask any more questions, she and the Senturions teleported away.

Zyrinoc scoffed. "What good are a bunch of girlies going to be?" he asked.

"I ain't a girlie," Danny said.

"And you best not underestimate girlies," Tori warned him.

"We'll have to educate you on girl, and Danny, power," Mel stated.

"Bone Drones! Attack!" Zyrinoc ordered in response to that threat.

Lani twisted her wrists. "It's Morphin' Time! Legacy Form!"

Danny twisted his wrists. "Kick into Overdrive!" The others also made their cuffs appear.

Lani brought her cuffs together and Morphed into a red and white power suit. "Red Overdrive Ranger!"

Danny brought his cuffs together and a blue and white power suit. "Blue Overdrive Ranger!"

Tori morphed into a pink and white power suit. "Pink Overdrive Ranger!"

Zara morphed into a black and white power suit. "Black Overdrive Ranger!"

Mel morphed into a yellow and white power suit. "Yellow Overdrive Ranger!"

Car-themed helmets formed as well as a large insignia on their chests. The Bone Drones didn't hesitate to attack.

Yellow bounced on the toes of her feet for a moment. "You guys have no idea what I've through today. You might want to run away. No? Okay," she then kicked out, coming off the ground, her foot connecting with the Drone that came nearest to her first with the intent to harm. She twisted her body and spun through the air, landing behind the others. "Drive Defender!" she pulled out her side arm blaster and began firing.

Black put her hands on her hips. "We haven't met yet, but I'm afraid our acquaintance is going to be short and brutal," she said. The Drones were not intimidated. They came for her. With a flourish she put her hands up and flicked her wrists. A barrage of debris pummeled into them. Then she dove in, kicking and hitting her way through. One got lucky and managed to knock her off her feet. She fired her sidearm weapon at them even as she flew through the air.

Blue threw up a force-field that had the Drones crashing into. "Ha-ha. My bad," he said and dropped the field. He punched a Boned Drone in the face and flipped another one over his shoulder. He put a hand on his side arm, "Driver Defender Sword Mode!" He pulled out the short bladed weapon and used it, slashing and jabbing the Drones.

Pink found herself unable to actually use her genetic power since her helmet didn't open. "Oh, well. I got on fine before I could burst ear drums," she said. She dodged a Bone Drone attack and ducked, sweeping feet out from under them. She jumped back up and turned a backflip. She straddled the shoulders of a Drone and pulled out her weapon and began firing. She cracked the Drone she was riding on in the head with the butt of the blaster and rolled to her feet after he crumpled.

Red jumped into the action immediately. She drew her side-arm in Sword Mode. She slashed her way through the Drones. When they thought they might possibly dodge or move out of her reach, she taught them differently bending and stretching herself to inhuman degrees. "Overcharge!" she said and they charged their weapons. "Fire!"

As a group they fired on Zyrinoc. The monster had not been idle. He'd been taking the distraction the Drones to his advantage. He smashed his charged weapon into the ground. Both attacks hit home, practically exploding the world around them.

"Drive Lance!" Red summoned as she got back to her feet.

"Drive Slammer!" Black summoned.

"Drive Vortex!" Blue summoned.

"Drive Claws!" Yellow summoned.

"Drive Geyser!" Pink summoned.

-x-

AJ Scott, his friend Damien Henderson, the Black Senturion and the Pink Senturion managed to lead the melted vinyl Kordec away from the area around the dojo. Still, the monster was tough. One blast had all but crippled Damien when his animal spirit, the green-blue lion as large as an SUV had taken the brunt of it. He cried out, clutching his chest and feel to his knees.

AJ ran to him, skidding to a stop. "I'm okay," Damien assured him. "But I need to heal," he said, meaning he couldn't call his animal spirit out again for a while.

"Would be good if some Power Rangers made a handy, just in the nick of time appearance," AJ commented.

Pink and Black Senturion stood in front of the two for cover firing on the Bone Drones that had also been summoned. "Have a little faith," Pink said.

"That's what Power Rangers do," Black agreed.

"Yeah, we know," AJ said in a way that earned him curious looks from the two Senturions.

"Did someone ask for a handy, just in the nick of time appearance?" Fox asked. He, Tai, Billie, Holly, Autumn arrived on the scene.

"Why me again?" Holly murmured.

"You'll be fine," Autumn assured her.

Billie blew her bangs out of her face. "If I'm unceremoniously magically transported one more time," she grumbled.

"Take them to the Command Center. They're exhausted," Tai said to the two Senturions.

"Are you sure?" Black asked.

"Is everything back to normal?" Pink asked.

"That is a long story and we don't have the time," Billie said.

The Senturions nodded and took possession of the two younger men and teleported.

"All right, monster, it's time for you to hit the road," Tai said.

Kordec scoffed. "I'm so afraid I'm shaking," he said and his vinyl began to vibrate.

Tai twisted his wrists making his cuffs appear. The others did the same. "It's Morphin' Time! Legacy Form!"

"Get in Gear!" Billie added.

Tai Morphed into a red power suit with white seat belt straps and number shaped eagle on its chest and eagle and vehicle motif on the helmet. "RPM Ranger Red!"

Billie Morphed into a blue power suit with a number shaped lion on the chest and a lion and vehicle motif on the helmet. "RPM Ranger Blue!"

Holly Morphed into a yellow power suit with a number shaped bear on the chest and a bear and vehicle motif on the helmet. "RPM Ranger Yellow!"

Autumn Morphed into a green power suit with a number shaped shark on the chest and a shark and vehicle themed helmet. "RPM Ranger Green!"

Fox Morphed into a black power suit with a number shaped wolf on the chest and a wolf and vehicle motif on the helmet. "RPM Ranger Black!"

The Morph sequence protected them from and deflected the sound bomb that the monster had unleashed. "That wasn't quite expected. Bone Drones! Get them!" The Drones attacked.

Black ducked low and kicked out and felt a moment of disorientation when the tires on the top of his boots proved to be functional. They spun him around in several wild spirals that took down a swath of the Drones. He got dizzily to his feet when he stopped. "That was bloody wild ride. I like it," he said. He pulled a laser from his hip. He fired it several timed before pulling something else from his belt. He inserted it into the blaster. "Nitro Sword!" when the blaster formed a blade. "This is more like it," he said.

Green dodged a blow, and did a backflip, kicking another under the chin. Except the suit wanted to go fast and she found herself doing a few more backflips and kicking out Chun Li style. She pulled her side arm when she righted herself again. "Nitro Blaster!" and began firing. She made out like she was blowing on the barrel. "Keep the change, you filthy animals," she said.

"What part of 'I'm not a Power Ranger,' isn't clear?" Yellow wondered out loud. She squeaked and rolled into a ball. She kept rolling like a tire and bowled over several Drones before she was able to get to her feet. "But I'm starting to get used to it," she added. She drew her Nitro Blaster and began firing.

Blue pulled the weapon from her holster and converted it to its sword form. She turned invisible, and started to dash through the Drones, but her boots also had minds of there on and took her a bit too fast. "Ack!" She managed to accomplish her goal of striking down the enemy but when she went to stop, she glitched and went tumbling through the air fully visible. "I'm okay," she said when she landed. She shook her head. "Wow," she said. Whoever designed these suits was amazing.

Red Wasn't having quite as much trouble controlling his suit. With his Nitro Sword, he was able to control the speed of the suit through sheer willpower, letting it loose when he needed it to, keeping it at bay the other times. Now, with the Drones correctly assessing him as the biggest threat decided to surround him, he let loose. He turn-slashed and the suit sped him around in a series of spirals that sent Bone Drones flying. When he stopped he looked at the monsters. "Nitro Blasters! All together!" he said, converting the sword back to its blaster form.

The Rangers came together and fired on the monster just as he unleashed another sounds blast. The two forces met, but the Rangers were already gearing up for the next face. The emblems on their chests glowed as weapons began to appear.

"Street Saber!" Red summoned a sword.

"Turbo Cannon!" Blue summoned a cannon that should probably weigh more than it felt like it did given its rather large size.

"Zip Charger!" Yellow summoned the somewhat car-shaped device.

"Bridge Axe!" Green summoned the green double-bladed weapon.

"Rocket Blaster!" Black summoned a large black blaster shaped device.

Kordec was also gearing up for his next attack, vibrating so much that he was just a black blur.

-x-

The Moon

Lammy appeared beside her brother on the dark side of the Moon. She wore her full scorpion armor. So did he. "What took you so long?" he asked.

She shrugged. "Oh, you know, questing through time for a piece of a powerful staff that can restore the balance of good and evil in the universe. Nothing much," she answered.

"Uh-huh. We doing this?" he asked, gesturing to the darkness of space beyond the moon.

"Do we have a plan?"

"Board the ship, beat up a bunch of people, find Finster, blow up the ship, leave," he explained.

"So, it's up to me to fill in the details as usual," she said drily. "Hold on to your mace," she said. She gripped the void in front of her and began to pull with all her strength. When she had a seam, Griff grabbed one side and she switched both hands to the other. There was a sound like silk ripping and through the mildly glowing edges of the rip they'd just made, they could see the fortress ship.

"Once we're aboard, you find Finster, I'll find the engine. Once you have him, port to me," she instructed.

"Right," he said.

They disappeared from the surface on the moon and appeared in the corridor of a castle-shaped space-ship. Lammy tapped on the walls delicately until she found an access panel. She opened it up and saw that they needed a card to access the internal computer. She put her hand on the card slot and sent a little jolt of magic into it.

The computer screen beeped and she was granted access to the layout to the ship. "Finster's being kept in the dungeon. The engine of the ship in this central section. Hurry and get to Finster and meet me there," she said.

The computer beeped again and alarms began to go off. "They know we're here," Griff said.

"Yep. Go!" Lammy said.

Griff nodded and began running in the opposite direction she was going in. They ran up against resistance fairly quickly. Bone Drones and aliens in armor that marked them part of Riti's army put a blockade in front of Lammy. "Halt!" a rhino-headed alien said.

Lammy skid to a stop and put up her hands, fists clenched. "I don't surrender," she said. She opened her fists and launched energy blasts at them. She jumped over them and tried to continue on her way. A lithe woman with blue scales tackled her from behind. The sudden appearance of black wings knocked the woman free.

Lammy turned, holding out a hand and a rather large double bladed battle axe appeared in her hand as her visage changed completely. The scaly woman hissed. "Who are you?" she demanded.

"Me? I am Lammy," she answered. The scaly woman drew a sword. Lammy spun her axe and whirled, coming off the ground. She down sung the axe hard. The scaly woman tried to block with the sword, but it wasn't a match for the axe.

Lammy shifted forms again and began running now at top speed, avoiding the enemy where she could, engaging where she couldn't. It would still be tricky to get to where she needed to go. Without having been there, visual access or a person to anchor her, she couldn’t port to it. She had to go the long way.

-x-

Palace on the Moon

Riti had now fully captured the palace. Only her people and Bone Drones were in attendance. She was watching over the Earth with a gloating air. "My queen," a simpering man in a hooded robe bowed to her. "The fortress has been breached," he told her.

Riti curled her lip in a sneer. "By whom?" she asked.

"It is unclear," he answered.

"The only possibilities are Goldarr and Scorpina's youngest brats. They must have gone after the rat man. Dispose of them," she said dismissively. Her main concern wasn't the fortress where she had an army. It was earth and her nieces. "Just what do they think they can do?" she wondered out loud. Her daughter was putting up a rather pitiful front against the trio that was guarding them.

"Omomomo," she said, rubbing her forehead. "My head is starting to ache. This brat. And she's talking about sharing the glory," she scoffed. "Looks like I have to handle this myself," she said. She disappeared in a wisp of purple smoke.

-xTo Be Continuedx-           

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment