Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A Normal Day

This is a story about a 16 year old guy with powers! It's got spirits, and well....stuff! I tried hard on this one so please check it out!

Chapter 3 - A Normal Day

Chapter 3 - A Normal Day
It was 2pm the next day. Taku was running as fast as his legs would carry him across the roofs of New Tokyo, he came to the end of a block of flats and leapt into the air gaining as much height possible. He landed and rolled heavily on the top of a department store and kept going. It was an Iki-Yashi, this time the spirit of an 18 year old male who had been stabbed at a night club. Refusing to accept his death, hate had consumed him and he had begun the horrible mutation into an Iki-Yashi.
        Taku leapt into the air once again chasing after the Iki-Yashi, if he didn't stop it soon then there was a chance someone would be hurt, he wouldn't let that happen! Asya glided at full speed next to him and shouted, ``Brother use me! I can help!'' Taku continued sprinting and once again leapt to another rooftop this time only narrowly covering the distance.
        He regained his balance and cursed, ``shoot!…Fine!'' He touched Asya's hand and concentrated, a hard thing to do when your running across the rooftops of New Tokyo. There was a bright flash of golden light. Taku had now for lack of a better word borrowed Asya's aura, adding it to his own. By using her aura both his physical and spiritual powers increased allowing him to jump and run faster as well as deport spirits and use more advanced spirit techniques.
        The rooftop of the office block Taku was running on was coming to an end, the next building was at least 300 metres away. Taku braced himself just at the edge of the building and sprang into the air, he cleared the distance easily. Within seconds he could clearly see his enemy. It was huge, even by Iki-Yashi standards! The three crimson red circles on it's forehead confirmed it was definitely an Iki-Yashi, the three circles symbolised the good that had been lost, the evil that had been gained and the intervention that was needed. Taku cursed, the bastard was heading straight for Green Park. If it got there then possibly hundreds of people would die!
        Taku called upon the extra aura bestowed upon him by Asya and jumped as high as he could, clearing about 8 buildings and landing in front of the Iki-Yashi. The monstrosity stopped in it's tracks and looked down at Taku, it could tell he had a much higher aura than the other people dashing about and now it was intrigued. Taku took a defensive stance and yelled, ``Everyone get out of here NOW! Head towards the Shibuya district!!'' The people seemed to understand and soon there was a panicking crowd heading towards Shibuya, for the umpteenth time Taku regretted that normal people couldn't see Iki-Yashi, it made deporting them a lot harder.
         Taku looked at his foe properly for the fist time. It was a beast for sure, it looked a lot meaner than any other Iki-Yashi he had deported. Looks didn't mean anything in combat but if one were to compare the thin 16 year old in the red coat, white shirt and black jeans to this monster…
It was vaguely crab-like with two huge claws that looked like they could cut through even G-Type steel! It had six legs each about a storey high and covered with protective spikes, it's head was angular and looked like a serpent's, it mouth concealing a set of ragged fangs. Taku smiled and said calmly, ``Well ain't you the ugly one! What's the matter? See your reflection?''
The Iki-Yashi roared and brought down one of it's huge claws on the impudent human. Taku flashed briefly and was suddenly standing on top of the spike claw. He brushed a bit of hair from his eyes and said, ``You'll have to be a lot faster than that crab-breath!'' Another roar reached Taku's ears but he ignored it and sprinted up the creature's arm, jumped and shouted, ``Asya lend me your strength! By the power of the sun and the stars I call upon you! Spirit technique 28! KAJOU BAKUFUU!'' A searing hot blast of flame leapt from Taku's palm and hit the Iki-Yashi dead on, nearby cars were blown away with the sheer power of the blast.
Taku landed in a crouching position and got up slowly, he looked at his enemy. It was still moving! It had used it's two massive claws to block the blast, the claws themselves were still attached! Not only that but they could still move! The Iki-Yasha moved forward and Taku took a step back. He wasn't sure how to beat something like this…it looked like his spirit techniques weren't enough. A giant claw descended from the sky, Taku rolled out of the way and grabbed a nearby metal pole, it was part of a broken parking metre. Once again the claw descended, this time Taku rolled forward and leapt upwards using as much force and spirit power as possible he swung the metal pole at the Iki-Yashi's head. The pole struck it's target, the Iki-Yashi fell backward, crushing several buildings in the process.
The metal pole had shattered and Taku's left hand was covered in blood from where a spike had penetrated his defence. He caught his breath and flexed his hand thinking of a way to beat the monster as it struggled to get back up again. It was clear he would have to use a more powerful technique…he had only ever used it twice before and every time he had used it nothing had survived.
Taku stood straight with arms spread at his side palms open. He closed his eyes and concentrated, he had to gather all of his and Asya's aura to pull this off. Golden light radiated from Taku's palms, slowly it grew brighter and brighter soon the light was blinding, he took a deep breath and shouted, ``Kaihou Hira, Tenshi Enkou, GENSHIRYOKU KUJO!!!!'' The Iki-Yashi flipped back up and charged towards Taku. He shouted and threw both palms forward, a ball of super-charged aura about 80 metres in diameter shot towards the charging Iki-Yashi.
The Iki-Yashi halted in it's tracks but it was too late, it collided with the gigantic sphere of aura. There was a huge rushing of air, the ground shook and cracked, nearby building shattered and crumbled with the force of the blast. Taku shouted, ``DIE!'' He threw another much smaller ball of charged aura at the Iki-Yashi, it combined and set off the other sphere creating an explosion of massive proportions. Taku flew backwards straight into the side of a parking lot. There was a flash of white. Taku got up slowly and looked around.
There was a huge crater in the street and there was no building with any windows left. All nearby objects had been blown away with the force of the blast. Taku stumbled over to the crater, trying his best to ignore the extreme pain and exhaustion. He reached the middle of the crater and found what he was looking for, a confused 18 year old spirit, he saw Taku and said, ``I….I….what was I?''
Taku coughed and spat up blood he said weakly, ``Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.'' He lifted his blood-soaked arm and said lightly, ``N…Na….Nakitama!'' there was a silver light and the spirit glowed brightly. It hovered upwards until it was totally out of sight. He was in the Celestial Plain now, it wasn't his fault becoming an Iki-Yashi. Taku smiled weakly, and fainted. Taku thought he heard Asya's voice, he summoned all of his energy and whispered, ``Another normal….day…''

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Qing on August 18, 2006, 4:52:12 AM

Qing on
QingMore story writing Ragne *tapps foot impatiently -_-