Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Just a fanfic with my characters. Juline Burrese, an orphan who's parents died when she was a baby, and her older brother, though she doesn't know it, Ainran, who has been looking for her since she ran away from the orphanage.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2






Ainran packed a bag full of stuff to go on his trip to the orphanage. He had just returned to Gilead, and this time he was staying for a few weeks. This time he would see his baby sister he had last heard of twelve years ago. Juline was twelve now. That was old enough to him. He had promised to get her when she was older and he couldnt think of a better time than now.











When Ainran finally reached the gates of the little orphanage, he felt disgusted. It was worse than he remembered. As he neared the door, Ainran suddenly felt worried. What if Juline didnt want to come with him? What if she got mad at him for leaving her? What if she liked it here (though he think of why)? What if&. What if what if what if. Youll know when it happens. He told himself.











Ainran knocked on the door. No one answered. He knocked again. This time a little nurse answered. Yes? she said in a crackly voice. Have you come to adopt?











The young man shook his head. No. Im here to keep a promise I made long ago, he said. Im looking for Juline Burrese. Shes my sister you see and-











Shes not here. The nurse almost closed the door on him, but Ainran, who was stronger than her held it open. What do you mean not here? he asked in a dangerously low voice. The little nurse was scared. S- she r- ran&. away, she stuttered.











Ainran calmed himself down. Why would she run away if she knew I was coming? He asked. The nurse didnt say anything, but guilt was all over her face. Ainran started getting mad. You stupid, stupid people! Did you not know I would be back? Did you not here me when I promised it? Ainran was fuming. The nurse started saying how they thought he had left her for good when he left, but he cut her off. I left her because I had no other choice! Do you really think a new recruit soldier could take care of a baby? Are you really that stupid?











Ainran didnt wait for an answer. If you do not help me, then I will find her myself. Do you have a picture of her? The nurse disappeared and reappeared with a photo of a young girl. This was when she was five, she said quietly. Ainran took it and said a thank you he barely meant. Then he was off. He would never let Juline go to another orphanage again, never.











After the orphanage, Ainran set off. He promised he would find her if it was the last thing he did. He soon found that it was too hard to be in the army and look for a sister at the same time. So he quit the army, telling himself he at least owed Juline this much. He had made a mistake then. He had left the only family he had. But he would not make that mistake again.











Traveling from town to town, Ainran asked if they had seen a girl. Every answer he got was no. Then one day he visited a tailor. Have you seen this girl? Ainran asked. He got ready for the same old answer. Never seen that girl before? Ainran was interrupted from his thoughts.











As a matter of fact, yes. She came in here two weeks or so ago to buy a boys clothes. Said it was for her brother who was too sick to get it. Ainran looked at the man. For once in a long while, smiled. Now he had some information. Do you know what way she went? Ainran asked. The old tailor pointed in the direction of the sea. Ainran ran out yelling behind him, Thank you, sir! Thank you!





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment