Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I kiss you on the head as a reward.

When Vanessa’s charity event brought in one of the most famous J-rock stars she opens her home to them and then her heart. She gets a few surprises then is taken on a whirl-wind of an adventure as she gets closer to Miyavi and a celebrity life style.

Chapter 1 - I kiss you on the head as a reward.

Chapter 1 - I kiss you on the head as a reward.
IMPORTANT! ~~~ Time Jump ~~~
^^ Point of View switch ^^
[Anything within the brackets is Japanese]


It's the year 2007:


How would you like it if your head shot was in every boy's locker and hanging in all of their rooms? How would you like it be known as "The Next Big Thing" or "The Newest IT girl"? What about being on the "25 hottest stars under 25?"


It'd be awesome, huh?



If you haven't guessed, I'm a celebrity.


My name is Vanessa Roberts, call me Evie. The rest of the world does, or did. I'm writing this to explain To explain how I got famous and how I'm in a band called ["Ishiharagundan"]. And how I happen to be the only American in the band.

I'm a guitarist and I do some back-up vocals. But our main man is Miyavi.


Yes the Miyavi.


Now I know you are curious.


"How did a simple American girl end up in one of the most famous J-rock bands?"



So I'll tell you my story:
Let's go back to October of 2002.


My name is Vanessa "Evie" Roberts. I'm twenty years old I have long black hair that reaches to my stomach with random streaks, which are normally blue or purple, but it changes a lot. I have hazel eyes and very pale, almost porcelain like skin. I'm part Italian, French, Irish and Japanese. I'm exactly like I seem on stage; hyper active, fun loving, silly, romantic and very out there with my clothing. I live in Jacksonville Beach Florida. Now that you know a little about me, let's get to the story.


I looked over a 450-person audience almost forgetting that there were at least 200 more on the beach only feet away from me watching huge projections of me. They were screaming and cheering so loudly I couldn't hear myself think.

I smiled sweetly, brushing back a purple streak in my black hair. I chuckled and raised my hands starting the beat for a new song [Odyssey] a Japanese song I had wrote about life changing on a dime and how things aren't how they appear. I lowered the mic and started to speak.


"It's been so fun and this will be my last song for the day" A groan erupted from the audience. "I know, I know, but I gotta let the next band go!" I was standing on a fifty-foot stage shaped like a shell. With that I started to sing.

Normally I sang in English but I signed off with a Japanese song. It was my signature move, my fans loved it, as did I.


I jumped around singing the red ribbons swirled around me and slowly started to come undone. A short black skirt reached to the center of my thighs black tights covered my legs along with black stilettos. I put both of my fingerless black gloved hands on the mic and snag.


By the time I was done singing I was out of breath. I looked over the crowd and smiled. They had been singing with me; I was ecstatic. There were so many of them. The blistering 2:30 sun told me it was time to check on the next band.


"And we'll be right back with the new band: Art Attack!" I said bowing and then walking stage right. Passing the mic to the singer I kept walking and threw open the pearl white doors and took one of the blue damp towels and placed it on my shoulder.

I pulled off a red scrunchie and pulled my black hair through it letting the blue and purple streaks in my bangs hang down while the other steaks were with the rest of my hair.


Taking the towel off my shoulder I patted my face, cooling off almost instantly. Careful not to take off my eyeliner or make-up. I rubbed my ash colored eyes and brushed sand off of my skin. A soft chuckle overcame me as I heard the doors behind me open.

I realized suddenly that after these nine days of Music Week I wasn't going to be pale anymore.

What's going on this week you might ask?



Music week at the Shell stage.

Music week started in 2000 to help raise money for Fletcher High School's art classes. Jess and I started Music week when we were 18, our senior year in high school. I was to open up for the first band of the day, except for today and the last day of the week, where I was the main attraction.

The band Lunar actually happened to be my best friend's group. Three out of four of the band members from Lunar helped me with the music. I didn't have a band so they offered to help me. Another reason I loved them.


Speaking of them...

They were the ones who walked through the doors.

The guitarist and Pianist were twin boys, Shawn (guitar) and Lanka (piano) had short spiked black hair. Shawn had blue tipped hair while Lanka had green. Both had bright green eyes and were a good six inches taller than me, making them 6'1". The drummer, Casey, was my height with blond hair and BRIGHT pink highlights laced through it and bright blue eyes.


They were standing in front of me, I was facing the stage and staring at them. They looked shocked, confused and. Well...SHOCKED. "What?" I said, I've been told that my voice was like chocolate, which happened to be my favorite candy, Random fact number 1!

They pointed over my shoulder and I turned around to see, at the drop off, my best friend in the whole world. A cute girl around five-five with dirty blond hair with one green eye and one blue. Jess. And she was standing next to...


MIYAVI?!


My eyes grew huge and I stared at him, fully blown away. Jess was staring at me, eyes wide as if saying "Are we going crazy or is HE really standing here?"


"Miy-Miyavi....this...is Vanessa, I-I m-mean Evie!" she corrected quickly. I smiled sweetly and shook my head.


"It's fine Jess." I said to her, then turned to Miyavi. "Call me Vanessa." I told Miyavi, who smiled sweetly at me.

His hair was a silvery blue and his sunglasses slipped down his nose. He waved wearing a white wife-beater and black pants. His band tour mates were behind them. Their faces covered by sunglasses, heads by hats. That's when I noticed he took off his hat and sunglasses, laying them down on the stage 'drop off'.


["Hia!!"]


["Hello!"] I replied.


["So...YOUR Evie!"] He smiled, his voice was so sweet. I learned Japanese when I was twelve years old. My stepmother taught me.


["I've heard a ton about you"]


["Oh? From who?"] I asked.


["Jess!"]


["Jess?"]


["Yea, online before we got here. She is the organizer for this week right?"] I nodded.

["Yea. She told me 'bout you and your singing and that you are opening for us tomorrow"] Jess looked extremely confused hearing her name. The others were also confused. I just nodded again.


I was expecting to say "hello" to Miyavi at least once. But we were having a conversation!

He smiled shouting "Cool!" in English. I blushed and chuckled and he continued.
["Well...I was wondering"] he glanced to his band, then back to me. ["If you'd show us around"]


["It'd be my pleasure."] He smiled and jumped up and down happily. Jess and Casey looked confused while Lanka and Shawn were still in shock. ["When were you thinking of wanting this tour?"] I asked.


["Soon?"] He said, I grinned and that's when an idea popped into my head.


["Uh....Miyavi...I know your performing tomorrow, but I was 'thinkin maybe you'd give the fans a sneak preview. They'd really love that."]


["Is that all I have to do to get a lovely lady to show us around?"] He was grinning from ear to ear and winked. I blushed deeply and nodded smiling.


["Okay!"] He said suddenly pushing himself up and over the four-foot drop off wall.

This is when I realized how tall he was. He was like Lanka and Shawn, 6'1" We smiled at one another and I turned to face the stage, I peeked out to see Art Attack finishing up.

The band followed him on stage after I handed him another Mic. Jess, Casey, Lanka, Shawn and I walked to the wing. Miyavi strolled on stage smiling murmurs came from the audience then screams.


They knew.



Miyavi, Maaya, Yuchinske "Yuchi", Masamchin "Masa", Ken-Ken, and Mako-San took their places. Shawn's eyes widened as Maaya took his guitar and gave him a thumbs up. Mako sat down at the drums, and Elesy, Casey 's older sister, came out handing Ken Ken a guitar and Yuchi a bass. Masa swung his guitar from behind his back and strummed it. Yuchi kissed Elesy's cheek who blushed and went off stage.


"Hello" Miyavi said "My newest friend" he glanced to me with a smile. "Evie requested of us to give a little preview of whats going to happen tomorrow. SO! Here we are!" He had a VERY thick accent yet...everyone seemed to understand him.

The crowd erupted in cheers surprised and ecstatic. I chuckled and the others looked at me shocked.


"Wait...How-What...Just happened?" Jess asked. "What in the hell were you talking about?"
"I told them, well....Miyavi, that I would show them around town if they'd give a mini performance."


"WHAT?!" Jess almost shouted.


"The band really wants a tour of the city!" Miyavi had started to sing "POP is dead."

I spotted Miyavi looking over the crowd. Which is how, I guess he figured out, not to do fan service, seeing how little kids were there.

He looked over at me and wagged his finger at me trying to draw me out. I laughed and he motioned me out again.


Jess pushed me out and the next thing I knew; I was dancing with my favorite singer in the whole world.

"I got freedom and duty. So sing along with solitude.
Tekubi no kizu ni (Bai Bai)
Tsugete, kane wa hattaze (Kin Kon Kan)
Shingou ga aka darou ga narada rou ga "sume" shirahata kakange
do~ze daeka watarba wataru n'daro.
Don't hesitate & Go..."



He was singing to me as we danced, his right hand in my left he spun me.

This was like a dream come true. I was dancing with Miyavi. I couldn't by happier.

He pointed at me and mouthed

"Sing with me"

My eyes widened more.


"'Uh' If your baffled, more haste, less speed." He started I jumped in as he leaned the mic to me.


"In a nut shell, you can be back to square one" I sang and the crowd erupted in cheers. He continued.


"You never know, however don't pass the buck."


"Say 'yes' don't grumble once again. Okay, Not bad." I laughed as he continued.


"I kiss you on the forehead as a reward" and he did just that. His hands cupped my head and he kissed me sweetly.

He finished out the rest of the song by himself, that is after the kiss and the oooo's from the crowd.

But we continued to dance and at one point I danced with Maaya who kissed my cheek.


When he finally finished the crowd screamed for more but Miyavi took my left hand in his right, Maaya in his other while Yuchi took my free hand, Ken-Ken taking his Masa took Maaya's then Mako took Masa's as we all bowed.


This is better than a dream come true! I just danced and SUNG with Miyavi...not to mention a kiss from MIYAVI!!!
I thought.


We walked off stage to be greeted by a bouncy Casey, still shocked twins, and Jess. Always the quick thinker Jess had already pulled my purple convertible to the road ready to go.


"I'll take you to your car, van, whatever. We gotta get you outta here before fans swarm." She said I nodded, as did the rest of them. Miyavi handed me the mic and then gave me a HUGE hug. Then turned, ran off and jumped in the car. I walked out on stage.


"Hello once again!" I smiled laughing as I took front center, I was flushed, cheeks pink and I was smiling non-stop as I looked over the audience.

I heard things like "Look at Evie! She's blushing!!!" "Was it planned?" "'Couldn't have been! Look at her! She's shocked and blushing!" "That was AWESOME!!!" I snapped out of my little trance and smiled sweetly.

"As you all know, THAT was Miyavi and his band Ishinaragudan. It wasn't only a surprise for you, but one for me as well." I laughed sweetly "I'd like to introduce LUNAR!"


I handed the mic over and sad my good-byes rather quickly. When I reached back stage Jess stood there motioning for me to come over. I made my way over and she handed me a small slip of paper.


Vanessa,
Meet me at El Patro in an hour.
-Miyavi

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment