Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Alone

Just a Kadaj fic I wrote... lots of angst n' pain...and I'm more than willing to continue with it...

Chapter 1 - Alone

Chapter 1 - Alone
        Crimson droplets fell against the pristine snow, it's irony smell exploding ins Kadaj's nose as it oozed out of his crippling wounds. Clenching his badly mangled arm at his side, he took a second to pull himself together and take in his surroundings.
        A decrepit building stood, just a few feet away, it's crumbling and broken walls barely standing. Being the only stable structure close by, it was the only place to rest and try to rest. Pain exploded throughout his entire body as he attempted to walk, the disgusting looking gash in his side ripping open again from the harsh movement. As the revulsion knotted in his throat, Kadaj's leg gave way beneath him, crumpling under his broken body as he collapsed to the earthen ground. It would take nothing short of a miracle to get him out of this mess, and Kadaj didn't have enough time to wait for that miracle. Rapidly loosing his hold on consciousness, he leaned back against the jagged rubble and succumb to his own agony.
        ``It's not like I'll survive anyway…. What good is fighting the inevitable…,'' he asked himself, coughing as a rivulet of blood leaked out of the corner of his mouth and dripped down his chin.
        Everything was starting to get hazy…. His eyes were growing heavy…. And the thought of death was slowly consuming him. Kadaj couldn't fight the heaviness in his limbs, his wounds didn't even hurt anymore… really. It was almost like he was falling asleep…, except for the blood that was seeping from the various wounds on his broken body. But something wasn't right… he wasn't alone. His blood filled ears could hear footsteps approaching from a distance… someone might save him… or end it all….
        Maybe it was Sephiroth, coming back to finish the job. After all, he'd never walked away from one of their duels before…. As Kadaj fought to lift his head and see who it was, a wave of relief shot through his bruised and twisted spine.
        ``C-cloud?,'' he gasped, completely exhausting what little strength he had left.
        ``Sssssssssssh, save your strength. I'm gonna get you out of here,'' he mumbled, picking up his brothers broken body as tears fell from his mako eyes.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ReveledSky on April 5, 2006, 7:32:11 AM

ReveledSky on
ReveledSkyThank you

Wings_Of_Black on March 21, 2006, 11:26:17 AM

Wings_Of_Black on
Wings_Of_BlackOoh, that's really cool ^^

Always neat to see a story that involves Kadaj! Keep up the good work!