Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue - Silenced Howls

Freeze City is the dome that houses the Flower Maiden. Consequently, it also houses wolves who were drawn there by her Paradise-promising scent. This is the tale of a wolf that you haven't seen before, and her futile search for the wolves' Rakuen.

Chapter 1 - Prologue - Silenced Howls

Chapter 1 - Prologue - Silenced Howls


Prologue - Forgotten Howls





Freeze City. It was a city of dogs, a city of flowers, a city of howls. It lived up to its name. The place was cold, lonely, quiet, still, isolated. Rats scurried silently along the cracked and dismal streets of the dome, stealing scraps of food from trashcans overturned by stray cats or dogs. Gossiping crows chased them away to eat their fill, fighting among themselves over who would get the fragments of a half-eaten hotdog. This was how life was here: every man, bird, or beast for himself. No one had hope for anything better. They were used to this life. They longed for nothing more, knowing they wouldn't get any, especially not the vanilla-colored wolf who lived in this miserable dome; the wolf who'd seen the world outside this place; the wolf who preferred living alone and stealing from thieves to survive rather than search for something that doesn't exist; the wolf named Makura, who was drawn to this place by a scent of a flower, but forgot that scent some time ago.





Author's Note: Whoo, lovely intro, eh? Okay, maybe it was just boring paragraph that made you lose a chunk of your life by reading it. Yes, the intro was greatly influenced/inspired by the introduction Tsume gave at the beginning of episode 15. Tell me what you think. I'm still working on the first real chapter, so I definitely would enjoy and consider all suggestions. ^_^ Flames are welcome too, as long as they are constructive, savvy? So, if you are compelled to write, “I hate you. You should die,” then be sure to also write why you feel that way so that I will know what I should change. Oh, one more thing, I need a title! I doubt you'd be able to conjure a good title just by reading the prologue, but, as I said before, I love suggestions! Remember, more feedback = more motivation for me to continue.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kuroneko-sama on August 22, 2005, 4:34:54 AM

Kuroneko-sama on
Kuroneko-samaGood Job!! I am very proud of you!! i am soo happy i'm the first to comment!! yay!! love you muchly!!