Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Layer & Iris encounter (part one)

Layer decided to tell Zero about her feelings , but what happends if someone came back from death...unexpected gust.read and findout.it is from girls POV

Chapter 5 - Layer & Iris encounter (part one)

Chapter 5 - Layer & Iris encounter (part one)
Layer's POV
A new morning has finally come, yesterday was a very long day and for a moment I thought it might never end; therefore I came here straight from my bedroom I needed to get my mind of what happened those few last days.
Zero talked to me yesterday in what seemed like an apology and I accepted it, after all this is Zero we are talking about.
Now I'm Back again at the Stupid main computer, It Keep displaying
"Access denied"
It is so weird, it is about that Split Mushroom file I retrieved, there seemed to be another file that popped out of no where, the crazy thing about those is that they don't match the slightest bit!
I was trying to get to the bottom of this all morning, but no such luck, you see since everything is quite we –navigator- should sort the Mavericks archive and fill all the gaps so that their library will be easily accessible and any type of info needed could be extracted easily for to be used in research and updates.
"ACCESS DENIED " it flashed again
I slammed my face hard on the keyboard, it is settled this requires a visit to the old library the main source of those old maverick archive, and that engine is located outside the HQ.
 I heard the door opens so I left my head of the keyboard to see who just came in…great Alia
"Hey AlIie, what did you do to poor X last night?" possible source of entertainment
"I don't have time now I'll tell you later" entertainment out the window 'meh'
Alia slammed her palms hard on the desk "Layer, I need you to take over Iris"
"huh" is what I'm hearing real…?
"Oh come on, she'll be here any second now, oh please Lay"
I Kept staring at Alia in mix in aggravate and disbelief
"Why?" was the only thing I could think about.
"Cause Lay is more cool and composed" She gave me that cute look , which she rarely uses…it works by the way!
"OK" I sigh
"Thank you" she was out of my sight in no time.
Shortly after that I heard knocking at the door, As Alia said any second…!
"Come in Iris"
Iris came in, and took few steps toward me before she asked "so what can I do?"
My mind working max.Power and max.Speed thought of something, so I went back to my sector got all types of forms I could get my hand on and went back and handed them to her.
"I need you to copy these" I said
She looked puzzled and before she could ask or protest I spoke again "there is that copy machine next door on the left"
She took two steps a head before she turn around to face me and was about to say something
"About 500-600 copy each, thank you" I instantly stated then faked a smile and waved waiting for Iris to leave.
This is like the worst thing I could think about, but I need something to keep her busy for the time being so I can plan my trip to that "search engine" then Iris is Alia's again!
I quickly contact Signas and took his promotion to leave the base, and rushed my way out as soon as possible, therefore I pumped into Alia.
'Oh dear'
"LAYER!!!"
Alia looks so scary right now   "Did you asked her to do what I saw her doing??!"
"A-.."I opened my mouth to answer but she kept going
"I thought you more mature!"
"Oh Alia I'll fix this when I come back"
"You are unreliable Layer" Alia looked down "Hold it! ….come back.. You said?"
Oh I don't have time for this I was about to react when we heard the familiar bell ring
"The fire alarm?" Alia muttered
We looked at each other "shoot" we said together and we headed full speed to the the copy room as soon as I opened the door and the water fell down like heavy rain. I stepped inside and pulled Iris by the arm out of that room through water and smoke.
After 10 min of soaking wet the water finally stopped I felt rage build inside of me, still holding Iris I said in low voice "could've been any easier task you could possibly do ?" I took a deep breath "You couldn't copy document? Seriously" I started shouting now "even a MONKEY can copy for god sake"
Iris didn't say anything how ever started crying the left, Alia stood their and watched me in confusion.
"I never saw you so angry Layer" she said
Then the near by door of the Palette office opened I observed the smoke flying out of that door and I noticed the terrible mistake I just made.
***
While I was walking to Iris's room I thought that before I'd easily trace such incidence back to Palette, which I left to Alia to deal with at the moment.
 Was my rage just because of Iris's relationship with Zero? Did I allow my emotions to get the best of me? And on the top of that did I let my personal issues get on the way of my job as Navigator?
To admitted, today I failed my title as an s-class navigator. As much as I hate
I arriver at Iris room I took a deep breath to try to fix what happened
I knocked on the door, I heard no answer, I waited few seconds then I knocked again
"Iris…?" I asked
"WHAT!" I heard from behind that door.
"I'm…"I looked down; it was hard for me to say "I'm really sorry"
"…"
"I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like this, and I'm sorry I yelled like a mad"
"O..ok" I heard
"Um..." the craziest thought of all times just hit me "Iris..? I'll make it up to you" I suggested
The door of the opened, Iris was standing right behind it, and I could tell she was still crying because her eyes were slightly red, she also looked puzzled at my suggestion  "how?" she asked
"I've to got check out and an old search engine, want to come with me?"
Still holding that curious look she asked again "where is that exactly?'
"In sealed facility about 300Km from here"
She took few steps out side "So you can kill me and no one can hear me scream?"
It was my turns to look puzzled "huh?" come to think of it she got a point.
"And Have Zero come for my head?" I replied
"Do you want to come or not? " I asked again.
"Okay, I'm coming….I guess"
 
**
while I was looking at the short brunette walking beside me I was thinking that this  might be a good chanced to get to know her; who been introduced into my life all of sudden , after all we started on the wrong foot.
We just interred the old building after passing a series of security codes and scans, and we had  a long road a head of us  since the information that we were looking for was stored on the fifth floor and we have to walk all the way.
"So Iris, why were you gone …?" I decided to break the silence
She looked a little taken out by my sudden question "Zero killed me"
                     I cleared my ears trying to make sure what I heard was right.
"Zero did …WHAT?!!"
She looked at me "You didn't know?...I'm sorry I thought you were his navigator " she teased
"I AM his navigator!" I replied " but how did this happened ?" I was curious
"It is a long story  ..."
"And we have a long road a head of us..."
 
**
Iris told me everything, Can you believe this? I mean I never thought that we can occasionally exchange formal greetings and now we are talking like best friends, I think I was really acting based of my feelings for Zero and not on Iris's personality.
 
"Hey you went against him first you can't really blame Zero for your death" I commented
"I can't blame him alone, but he has a great share of what happened "she spoke waving her hands in irritate manner
I giggled she was a bit cute like this.
"Hey what's funny?" She frowned at me
"noth-.." I was cut off by the sensation of something moving in the background I turned around to check  it, I pulled my rapier it, was something fast that moved at the ground level a…mouse?
"Ahhh.." Iris screamed
"Hey it is just a…" before I could finish my sentence Iris shot it
"Wow… " I astonish by the perfect shot.
"You see, I'm colonel's sister" she spoke teasingly with a hint of proud, but what caught my interest was the gun she fired "um…is that Axl's?" I asked
 "Yes, is this a problem?"
There is another interesting subject to discuss for the next tow floors.
 
**
We finally reached our target , now I'm only few steps away from my goal, I reached  for the door panel and interred the code that supposed to open the door , yeah I said supposed to open because the system rejected it and asked me to retype it and when I did I activated the security system that locked us there by every mean of defense system we ever had , so now I feel like trapped rat, and only when I thought things can started to be better it only seems to be only worse  , and on the top of this I think Iris is getting paranoid.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment