Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Sorting things out.

Layer decided to tell Zero about her feelings , but what happends if someone came back from death...unexpected gust.read and findout.it is from girls POV

Chapter 7 - Sorting things out.

Chapter 7 - Sorting things out.
 
1:30 am
I was at Layer's room, today was very busy and Layer - my second in command – left me all alone, I had to deal with that Palette whom started that fire alarm by accident and burned all our copy machines, then had to clean that mess, after that Layer got me all worried about what happened in information retrieving mission, and she didn't even get what she went for! and then she had me listening to her Zero's unbearable behavior nagging for 3hours straight, it is like she met him yesterday she knows him better than that, but what to say , she had to complain, did I forgot to mention that she made a friend with Iris? Or should I say Zero's girlfriend …I mean who in the name of …befriends the enemy? I honestly don't know what's wrong with her circuits; I mean is she going to give up Zero just like that?
Now I'm dead beat physically and emotionally, and can not under any circumstances let X wins over me! I had to do something therefore I came here to give Layer boost to continue fighting for Zero only to find her gone! Where in hell could she be?
I was walking back and fourth in her room waiting for her return, but it is really late I started to worry, I decided to give her ten more minutes before start looking for her or have others to do so.
Just now I heard the familiar noise of the door opened, Layer walked in.
"Where in hell have you been so late?!" I shouted
"oh yeah, hey mom "
"Layer!"
"Chill blondie"
Blondie? Did she just called me blondie ?
"What?" she giggled at my reaction, and then she made her way to bed and throw herself face first
"Aren’t you going to change cloths at least?"
"Too tired" her face buried down at the sheets I barely heard her.
I followed her lead, only I fell face up.
"I think I'm going to stay here"
"You better not snore!"
"I DO not"
"do to "
"NO WAY!"
"I taped you"
"You WHAT!"
"I knew you won't believe me"
"You are so lucky I'm too tired to beat you up"
"No, I actually took advantage of this fact"
We could have kept it going forever, so I decided to change the subject, or better yet I decided to go back to my original subject.
"Anyway, where have you been?"
"Iris's"
I don't know how many moments took me to digest it "come again?" I sat up straight "you serious?"
"Yup"
"So, you are best buddies now?" I stated annoyingly
She lifted her head up "Are you jealous Allie?"
What? Is she serious? "Layer ! I don't know what's wrong with you; you are usually smarter than this"
"I am, but really tired right now, can we talk about this on the morning"
"Whatever" I was so mad at her I decided to leave.
I stood up "Hey! Where to?" she asked shockingly
"X's"
Then I left quietly.
 
**
On my way to X's I was so frustrated I thought it was better to but my own brain to sleep and stop thinking, I wasn't in state to do so anyway.
I walked depending merely on my remembrance  of the road to X's room since it was habit for me to stop a Layer before I go there judging by how many times I've done this, I think made it to X's room with my eyes shut most of the way.
Before the door I sensed the presence of someone else, struggling to open my eyes I looked at who may disturb my dear X at a time like this, other than me that is!
"Oh hey honey" it was no other than X himself who by the way looked like my mirror image.
He opened the door and walked in, and I followed.
"Where were you?" he asked
"Layer's, you?"
"Zero's"
We exchanged looks by our barely opened eyes, and then made our way to the bed then literally collapsed there; I collected myself enough to cuddle with him.
"Why was Zero keeping you up this late?' I asked tracing his chest with my fingers
 "Whining like there is no tomorrow"
"What about?" Kept moving up and down playfully.
"And sell out my best friend secrets?"
I had a strong feeling that all this hush-hush because I was something regarding Layer, I felt my confidence 'level up' for the first time in 3days however I had to make sure "not even for me" I nuzzled under his chine.
"Stop that, you know this is not going to get through to me" then he rolled around.
X is gigantic ice cube… however, I used my arm to push myself up enough for me be in contact directly in his ear "stop you say? Wait just till I win that bet, my dear X" I whispered in chilled voice.
"Win? Didn't you know that Zero went out with Iris today?"
It felt like ice build up inside of me, no wonder Layer was so messed up, but this calls for a Alia's special abilities meddling, I trusted Layer to get things going on her own and she failed miserably, I have to do something, I must not lose especially not to X, he simply loses to everyone and it is going to stay that way!!  I just can't offered to let him win over me !it is not like that I don't care about Layer, because I care and I care A LOT ,this X thing is just an extra motive, and very vigorous one. 
I shut up and hid my face in X's back, but I could sense him smiling victoriously, damn…I really need to stop doing this to others.
 
**
6:oo am
The crazy alarm went off, I couldn't stand the noise I reached for it and smashed it on the nearest wall.
A reflected shred of the poor device hit me in the eye
"YOU STUPID…" I shouted furiously
"Was that my alarm clock?" X spoke from under the sheets
"I think?"
"OH god Alia this is the seventh this month"
"I'll get you a new one"
"The same way you got me a new coffee machine!"
"Hey I told you it was an accident!" I sat up straight
"Accidently smashed over the wall like Joe over there"
"Hey I….you named your alarm clock?" I pulled the cover off X's face, I've got to see his expression, he immediately burst into laughter.
"You nearly got me there …"
"Nearly?" he raised an eyebrow; I looked around for the nearest object to smash it onto his face and didn't notice how he caught my both hands.
"Hey!"
"Your temper thingi needs to get fixed" I struggle to free my hands and I guess X was barely positioned on the edge of the bed therefore we fell to the floor.
"How cute" I said
 "How so not cute" he reply. I eyed him
He got up and helped me to do so, I'm happy my Sweetheart is such a gentleman , if it was Zero he'd probably leave me at the floor ….What the! Why was I thinking about Zero?...I sincerely don't know what Layer sees in him , sleep lack is really driving me crazy.
"I'll go wake the others, you make breakfast"
"Ok"
 
Breakfast table:
7:00 am
Deadly silence environment, and it is confusing me!
You see, I can understand why Layer supporting her head by the back of the chair and fallen asleep; that's Zero's fault
And I know Iris is a sleep because she is tired from her 'date ' yesterday which is also Zero's fault
And X's is asleep and nearly drowning in his cereals, again it is Zero's fault 
And I totally get why Zeros is sleep and drooling all over the kitchen table it is Karma for depriving 3 people of sleep!
But why is hell is Palette and Axl asleep too?
Anyway we have work to do today therefore I 'accidently' dropped my plate , the noise of the porcelain shattering woke everyone up, I'm possess a mischievous sprite, will,  is did the trick …
 
**
AT N.C:
Me and Layer decided to dig deep and solve the "mystery intruder" thing once and forever, it was puzzling because the 'Mushroom' file was the only one that's been manipulated and the rest of our data base was left unharmed, which suggest that it may not be very serious after all.
Therefore we used the aid of our top maverick hunters; yeah you've guessed it, X and Zero.
They are seated in front of me and Layer who stayed standing because we prefer to move back and forth while talking.
We agreed that I'll explain every thing from the beginning and Layer'll take over to explain the part of her trip to the data bank due to some deal she made with Zero.
Anyway by the time I finished my part I noticed Zero was a sleep…
I bent down to his level resting my hands on his seat "Are you keeping track here?" I announced.
He regained consciousness "Yeah of course" he answered backing off a little.
X chuckle.
I moved away, Zero leaned to X and whispered something, X smiled, they were acting like fifth graders , I looked over to Layer whom was leaning against the wall,  I signed her to take over .
As she was talking I took her place on the wall and watched Zero paying attention like never before, I shock my head
'You still think you gonna win X'
Layer was now done, "I see" Zero spoke
X stood up "I understand your concern girls, but you sure it wasn't just one of you who did it?" he took few steps toward the exit "You check other navigators and if none claimed this, we'll reported this to Signas, till then we shouldn't make big fuss about it"
I stared at X's direction then to Layer whom looked at me also 'was X stating the obvious?'
A name flashed inside my head and I was certain Layer thought the same when I hear her voice synchronize with mine
"PALETTE!'
.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment