Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - decision making (part 1. a women's aspect)

Layer decided to tell Zero about her feelings , but what happends if someone came back from death...unexpected gust.read and findout.it is from girls POV

Chapter 8 - decision making (part 1. a women's aspect)

Chapter 8 - decision making (part 1. a women's aspect)
This was supposed to be girls only POV but, I just couldn't exclude Zero, it is his problem after all :3


 
Zero's POV:
 
My head is so missed up, I couldn't clear my mind since this last week, the slightest brain activity can cause me headache.
My mind swinging between Layer and Iris , I couldn't set my mind to either , I can't say that I like one more than the other, in one hand I've got Iris, my angel whom I caused her so much pain and harm both physically and emotionally and she had no one other than me , feeling guilty is not a reason to continue on a relationship, but it is not just guilt, I had feelings for her long ago, but it was some time ago , I'm not as sure anymore.
On the other hand there is Layer I don't really know her for long time, but her confidence and since of independency got me hooked and I really like her, but do I like her enough to over-favor her to Iris.
There goes my headache again.
I finally decided to set my ego aside and use someone's help, the question is whom to ask…
Usually I'd go straight to X, since he is my best friend, or more like my only friend, anyway in this kind of situation I don't think he'll help at all.
Now now whom else could I turn too?
Deep into my thoughts I almost ran into someone, it took me couple of seconds to clear my mind a bit and see who was it.
"Axl..?"
Maybe I can ask him?
Axl wasn't paying attention either, he was kind of distracted and when I called him he flinched.
"Are you alright?" I asked, but it no more than a figure of speech.
He nodded, and then he began to complain to me about something, I wasn't really listening .but Axl is been gloomy and whiny since the 'missing file incidence' which turned out to be no more than curious Palette. Alia and Layer then figured this 'proper punishment' for her, which was basically turning poor Palette into their slave ,more than she already was .
Axl wasn't let out of the hook since he contributed in this, but his punishment was left for X whom had him do his paper work, which was noting compared to what Palette had to do, I know how Alia gets when she have the opportunity to….Alia?
 Why didn't I think about this? Before at least I would be advised by someone who doesn't seem like grandson.
I immediately left, leaving Axl behind talking to himself, I couldn't care less anyway.
And as I walked to Alia I could remember the last time she spoke to me 3 days ago.
 
*Flashback*
I was sitting on a chair in the middle of N.C , which was pompously position there to set a mood for 'prorate interrogation cession' and I could tell that those girls are really having fun with this, all that is lacking was dim light and they'll be all set, I could have left but sense I had no better thing to do I just sat there supporting my head with my hand in annoyed/bored manner.
They intentionally slowing everything down, and it took forever till one of them finally spoke.
 "So…"Alia stated.
She started to walk back and forth like always then she continued
"Zero, you retired the maverick named 'Split Mushroom' yes or no?"
I raised my hand before I commented "Is this an integration or lie detecting test?"
"Zero!! Don't kill the mood, just play along" She said with a sulk.
'Manic' I thought.
 "Ok "I said.
"So, yes or no?"
"Yes"
"Do you still remember all info about him?"
"Yes"
"OK, now can you please explain this?"
Layer approached me with a file in her hand and handed it to me, I checked it out it was labeled "Split mushroom", big surprise…
All the information in it that folder was correct, I didn't know why they were making a huge fuss about it.
"Does anything feel strange to you?"
"No"
"OK" she said.
I was getting a bored by their weird actions, that's until, Layer sat at the hand of the chair and throw another folder in my lap, I was taken by that even weirder action but I took this other folder which was also labeled "Split Mushroom"
I shook my head and in irritated manner, then took a look at this new folder as well, however what I saw made me confused.
"What is this?" I asked
"The original folder" Layer stated.
I stared in awe; this doesn't make any sense "Can any of you explain this to me?"
"Actually we were hoping you'd explain this to us" said Alia.
I was getting bad vibes from both girls who were invading my intimate area, if they were planning to mystify me, it is working.
"This is based on your own paper work Zero" Alia continued.
There is no way I could write this nonsense; I mean Split had green hair? It just not possible!
A passing by Iris with large amount of documents in her hand decided to end my confusion
"Enough already!" Said Iris "It is probably not even Zero who wrote that"
I felt so dump that moment, I wished I could melted into that ground.
"And you had to kill the mood, you buzz kill" Alia stated "You think I didn't know that?"
"huh?"
"anyway all this gibberish can't belong to any other than X"
It is true, I'm amazed how I didn't think of this, after all half my paper work is done by X, if not all of it.
However I could see this is developing into cats fight fast, if it wasn't for certain interfering made by Layer
"Drop it Alia" she said.
Did Layer just stood up for Iris? I was dumbfounded by this new turn of event but not dumfounded enough to not take advantage of the situation and take off, normally I'd be incensed by this kind of lame jokes but, Layer and Iris 'thing' was so creepy I was avoiding both of them ever since.
*end of flash back*
The N.C was were she must be, but there is always the risk of running into other certain navigators I was trying to avoid.
So I thought I'd  go for coffee that may relief my pain a little, since our private residence wasn't far from the N.C so I went there first.
And I was never luckier in my life, not even when I died twice and come back!
Alia was in the kitchen alone standing right under open cupboard door, the site activated my wickedness so I sneaked up behind her and said "Yo"
Alia leaped and smacked her head, how perfect if only every other thing could be managed as easily.
"WhaaaAHH"
I let out laughter as Alia started to rub her scalp; she gave me her infamous low stare.
"Couldn't help it" I said 
 I sat at the nearest chair backwards (straddle) to rest my chin at the back of the chair, after I made myself comfort, I asked "You got a minute there?"
"What do you want?" Alia said, still rubbing her head.
I know she's Layer's friend so she won't be mutual, but at least I got to hear it from a women's aspect, which is better than nothing.
"Help me…?" I started to swing the chair a little.
"Oh help you with what Zero?" Turn around to complete what ever she was doing ,I think she was aiming for coffee like me.
"You are the best navigator I ever had, before X stole you for good"
I could feel her smile before she said "why so sudden"
"Praise a women and it'll get you whatever you want" I answered.
"How predictable" She said shaking her head.
I fixed the chair before I spoke again"
"I need your opinion, not as Layer's friend but as mine"
She turned around holding a cup of coffee "were we ever?" then she handed it to me.
"Thank you, and yeah we were somewhere along the line, but I can't remember anymore"
Alia smiled "Ok I'll help you if you asked sweetly" she said.
"Pretty please with sugar in top?"
"Good enough" she leaned against the cupboard the continued "which one of them you like more?"
I gazed at Alia while sipping that coffee.
"Ok that's wasn't so smart of me, but I had to make sure" she then lowered herself to my eye-level supporting herself by the sides of the chair.
"It has to be hell for you since you are asking me to help, but you know what just ignore your brain completely and let your heart decide for you, then stick to that decision "
Ignore my brain? If only she knew the current state of my neural activity!
"That's all" she said then she stood up again, held her cup and was about to leave.
"That's it? A romance-movie quote? That's your best?" I questioned.
"No" she took few steps toward the exit "I think you should pick Layer"
I picked a spoon I spotted earlier on the table and throw it at her.
She left giggling.
"Thanks for nothing" I yelled.
Alia encounter evaluation: no value what so ever.
Possible action: Make up my own mind or go back to square one (aka X)
X it is then!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment