Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - : decision Making (Part 2. a love confession and love d

Layer decided to tell Zero about her feelings , but what happends if someone came back from death...unexpected gust.read and findout.it is from girls POV

Chapter 9 - : decision Making (Part 2. a love confession and love d

Chapter 9 - : decision Making (Part 2. a love confession and love d
 
Zero's POV
 
At X's office :
X was all asleep and drooling all over his desk, so he needed to be awaken, therefore I turned around his office to find the appropriate tool to do so, there was the water dispenser  at the corner, I thought it was kind of cliché, so I pass.
Then there was his books, but this was 'too evil' since I was here to ask him to help me.
But something sitting at his desk caught my attention; it was his favorite teal vase with roses in it.
I've always mocked him for having roses on his desk, it was a sissy act by every aspect, I mean he is a maverick hunter for god's sake.
But never before I thought this may actually help me one day, I looked at the water inside the vase I knew it had sugar in it, which made this whole rose's thing even sissier than it already was. Anyway   the water in it was a bit yellowish 'perfect' I thought.
I splashed him with my new found 'discovery' which worked very well by the way.
"WHaa.."
X woke in no time, he wiped the 'water' off his face
"Hello" I greeted.
He gave me a low sate he must've picked from Alia, and then he noticed how sticky the substance in his hand and face is getting.
"What is this?" he asked, looking at his hands, then back at me waiting for an answer, which he had gotten just by looking at the object it my hand, I was still holding that vase.
"Zero!" he shout
I instantly put the vase back where it was.
"Not what I meant" he said dumbfounded by my reaction, I smiled, it was easy to get to him even though we know each other since forever now,
"So what do you want?" X said also smiling
I know how he likes to keep everything at his desk clean and tidy, and almost too tidy and he hate when someone even touched his desk, it was his territory. Therefore I always sit at the edge of that desk. Which was what I did.
 "um…Zero…"X started.
"So, X, I've got this problem"
X slammed his forehead "Zero, please!"
I repositioned myself to seek more comfortableness on that desk
"Oh god " he says
"What would you do if you were me?" I said totally ignoring him.
"Do about what?" X raised an eyebrow.
"I was feeding you updates on this the whole week, how can you not know what I'm talking about?"
"Oh "snapped to reality somehow, this wasn't good X tends to give more reasonable conclusion when he is distracted, so I need to get him 'unfocused' again so I began to scratch the surface of desk with my finger nails.
"Whaa" X started screaming.
"X, I want your real, open and straight opinion" X kept screaming and distracted to the limits signing my ideal moment.
"Whom should I pick X?" I asked.
 "La-.."He paused for a second the he continued "Iris! You should be with Iris, you love her and you will stay with her" he crossed his arms upon his last words.
"Were you about to say Layer?"
 "No, I wasn't!" He reassured.
I already heard what I came here, for and I made my mind to fix this once and for all, and my next distention was the N.C.
 
N.C (once more):
When I came in I was welcomed by the site of very upset and crying Alia, and it was very strange because she was fine when I met her at the kitchen less than 3 hours ago.
I approached her and put my hand on her shoulder in friendlier manner, but she pushed it off aggressively.
She looked at me with teary eyes, it was rare to see her crying like this.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"It is all your fault you jackass!" she yelled before she left the N.C 
Mine? She wasn't the one I was blowing off with every lame excuses that –even with my current low brain activity- could tell that they were insulting any one with decent amount of intelligent.
Anyway I finished my way to where I was heading, that was Layer's sector. When I arrived there, I noticed that the door was slightly opened. So I knocked a little and went in right away since the door wasn't locked.
Layer was picking stuff off her desk, but she stopped when I came in.
"What's with Alia?" I thought I should ask first.
"She'll be fine" Layer answered heading to the door; I was wandering if she'll leave, but instead she locked the door.
I was somehow taken back by that action. If I could only see through her eyes and know what she was thinking.
"It is you who I needed to talk to" said Layer while closing the gap between us.
"huh?"
Layer was now in front of me about 4 inches far when she continued "Commander…I…" she looked down "I'm transferring to another Headquarters "
"Why?"
"I can't work here anymore" Layer slightly shook her head then added "I can't be around you anymore"
"Layer…"
She held my hand "I …I love you Zero" I could feel her grip tighten "I always did, and I..I though that maybe one day you'll return my feeling"
I opened my mouth to protest but she placed a finger on my lips the said "please don't make this any harder than it already is, nothing you'll say or do will make me stay"
Layer wrapped her arms around my shoulder and hugged me, I stood still, I wished I could actually say something, tell her not leave and speak of what I came here for, but this voice in the back of my head kept scramming "Iris", guilt restrained me to the point I couldn't do anything.
"It was pleasure working with you Zero, I hope I could stay a little longer" Layer said upon letting go.
She headed toward the door "When'll you believing?" I asked.
"Today , 6pm"
I watched Layer hold her arm before saying "Iris is so sweet, I hope you'll be happy with her" then she left.
 
Few hours later:
I locked myself in my desk, I felt really bad about how thing turned out with Layer, but maybe it is a good thing that she decided to leave, maybe now I can be with Iris like before, at least Layer is independent and strong, she doesn't need me like Iris do.
I repeated these thoughts to myself trying to overcome the horrible feeling of all this being so wrong.
I pretending to do paper work, that was sitting in front of me, but all what was writing in those forms was Layer's name over and over again.
I looked up at the clock seeing that it was 5:15 now 45 minutes to Layers departure, I hit my head on the desk maybe I'll kill my headache, or maybe if I hit it hard enough I'll lose track of time and find out that it passed 7 or something.
But it served neither.
I looked at the clock again, it was 5:17 great only 2 minutes, these are obviously going to be the longest 43 minutes I ever experienced.
I heard a soft knock on the door, suicidal intruder maybe he or she'll serve to distract me for enough time.
"Come in"
I was surprised that it was Iris who came in, she moved toward me in small steps "Hello" She greeted.
"Hey"
"Zero?"
"Yes?"
"Did you know that Layer is leaving?"
"yeah…" I answered looking at Iris .
"Aren't you going to do something about it?"
Shocked by this question, I couldn't find appropriate answer so I was absolutely oblivious to Iris who pulled me from my seat.
"What are you doing?" I mutter
"Making an action!" she answered.
It was amazing how could those; who I was keeping away from them those past few days could easily move me around, maybe I wasn't just keeping a hold of myself as I used to, this was so overwhelming it needed to end fast.
"Why?" I had to know.
"I'm no fool Zero, I know you like her" replied Iris "so you go stop her from leaving"
I'm still not getting what Iris is implying, so I kept staring at her, she then crossed her arms and turned away from me.
"I already knew how you get when she is mad at you" Iris looked at me then she finished "I rather let you go than live with the shadow of the man who loves Layer"
"Iris.."
"Oh Zero, we had our chance and we blow it, besides I'm not sure if I still love you anymore…oh stop wasting time you don't have"
Iris was considerably close enough for me to lean down and kiss her forehead.
"Thank you" I whispered "you'll always be my first love"
Iris smiles sadly "Go" she whispered.
I quickly looked over the clock hoping it wasn't too late, it was 5:50.
Great 10 whole minute, these are more than enough to get me anymore unless…
"Iris. Do you know if Layer whither be teleported or just taking the public transports?"
"She is taking the front door"
  'damn' I'm not sure if I can make it in 10 minutes , but I've got try at least.
***
Panting heavily before the last door to my goal, I wondered if this all the crazy jumping, running and pumping into countless random people and not having time to apologize decently will all pay off.
I opened the door to see X, crying Alia, Palette , few other navigators and people whom don't matter, the I saw her; I spotted Layer about to leave.
"LAYER!!" I shout drawing everyone's attention to me.
At this very moment the only thing that separated us was this unreasonably long stairs, so heck! I jumped.
Layer stepped away from the main iterance "Oh Zero"
I walked in her direction. no need to rush anymore, I tried to calm down by the time I reach her.
"You almost missed me " She spoke in her calm tone "It wou-…"
She was talking too much and needed to be silenced, so I pulled her by the waist into what can explain me much better than words.
I kissed her in away I never kissed anyone before, thinking about all the things that fascinated me about her, and how I almost lost her and I wished she could understand.
It took her few seconds to respond but I couldn't feel any happier when she kissed back and I hoped this would never end, will I hoped…
(end of Zero's POV)
 
(A/N : from here on I thought it would be better to be from X's POV just for the fun of it)
"I…I..I won?" said Alia
"No way!" I yelled , stunned by the sudden change of events, after I was so close from my first wining .
I was already planning for replacing Alia's penalty since Axl already done all my paper work. But this..This is plain horrible.
While I was ranting I noticed that the newly "lovey-dovey" couple were staring at us in non lovey-dovey manner, I realized that me and Alia killed their perfect moment, I backed off a little.
Layer left Zero's hold and walked toward Alia.
"Did I heard you say...'I won'? "
I didn't have to see Layer's eyes , to discover the way she was gazing at Alia, her tone gave it away….  Anyway.
Alia was reaching for my arm, but I pulled it, Alia has to face Layer alone, the same way I have to…"uh-oh"
I was almost to afraid to look at Zero, God only knows what his reaction may be, but
I did anyway, and I was so relieved I actually did , because he was giving me the 'awkward look' it was annoying but it can't kill anyone.
So I drew my attention back to Alia who was stumbling in her speech , I let myself be entertained by the fact she was being terrified , since I lost to her ,that was until she suddenly declared "I bet because it was the only way to get laid"
'Sheesh Alia I think some one in the next building might not heard you loud enough'
Now I've Zero and Layer both looking at me in that odd way.
"I don't know you man " Zero said to me
"No so surprising for the man who dreams of Utopia " Alia exclaim.
Layer backed off Alia and crossed her arm with Zero's then the start walking away, 
but I could clearly hear them speak .
"So you are letting X off the hook?" Layer asked.
"He lost to Alia, Layer that's punishment enough" Zero replied.
 I was never humiliated more in my life; it wasn't long before Alia pulled me by the arm to my unknown future, as if I need more misery in my life.
 
**
It has been like 4 days now and no one had seen Layer or Zero around the HQ, Axl was as gloomish as ever, he had some problem regarding Palette, they never got back together the same way. Since that 'file' incident, but all in all no one had worse position than the one I'm holding, I though as I sat at the edge of Alia's private bathtub rubbing her back with her favorite 'lavender' shower gel.
"A little more to the left, slave" she commanded
"Yes your majesty"
I sigh as I though about all the things she had me do for her, and I swore I'll never cast bets again for as long as I shall live, and then a crazy idea crossed my head .
I leaned forward to kiss Alia's exposed neck to be met by her soap-full hand straight to my face, and now I've got soap burning my eyes.
As I picked a near by towel I heard her voice saying
"You could have been my love-slave for a whole month X, but ruined it now you are 'just' my slave "
I went over to the sink to try and rinse off the soap.
"After this I want you get me my chocolate martini" she commanded again.
"You want to have it in here?"
"Is that an objection I'm hearing?"
"No"
"No what X?"
"No...Your majesty" I sighed.
And I could see that this is going to be the longest 26 day, I'll ever live.
 
**
Iris was walking to the N.C when she saw a figure moving not far a way from her, she turn around to get a full view of whomever was passing by.
"Are you ok?" she asked after noticing he was all down and depressed.
"Kind of" Axl replied
"You look sad "
"I'm just having a bad time"
"Want to talk about it?"
Axl was surprised by the kind offer, everyone around were either ignoring him or avoiding him, so he was happy someone actually cared to ask.
"Seriously?" Axl asked.
 Iris giggled a bit at his answer "of course" after all it was the least she could do to the first person to show a kind gesture toward her, but little she know that it might be a spark for something more.
 
The End
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
   

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment