Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First Battle with the Kid

This is about a teenage girl. Since she was 8 she has been on her own. Her parents were killed in front of her.She's discovered that she has a gift, a power, a curse. She could travel from place to place just by thinking of it.

Chapter 1 - First Battle with the Kid

Chapter 1 - First Battle with the Kid


A girl dressed in all black creeps through an alleyway in the midst of the morning. The only lights are the few flickering streetlights and the piercing white glow of the half moon. She slowly comes around the corner of a building, crosses the street and hides around the corner of a small house. She moves gracefully without making a sound to the front of the house where she sees him. A man dressed in all black, just walked through the front door of a house that isn't his. She quickly sneaks up behind him and grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, he doesn't even have time to gasp and he's on the ground back in the alley where she was across the street. He looks up at her and sees nothing but a faint outline of a dark figure disappearing into the darkness. He looks around him and sees a piece of paper with an ACE of Spades inside. He picks it up and reads it: Look Behind You.

He does, and there's a cop standing behind him. He knows that he's been caught and there's nothing he can do about it.



She is now sitting, perched like a bird on the edge of a tall building, looking into the night. Just as she's about to relax, she has gets the call and disappears once again. She reappears in an old village, somewhere north of Rome. The place is deserted; no one has been here for years. As she stands there surveying the layout, a shadow swoops in behind her. She turns her head to the side a little. Then in one quick, smooth movement, the follower is on the ground face down in the dirt. She has her knee pressed into his spine and his hands pinned behind him.



“What do you want?” She says without any emotion.

“You know what I want.” He replies, in a low voice as he coughs the dust out of his lungs.

“Why did you come?”

“You know why. I told you I would find you.”



With that she stands up, letting him up off the ground. When he stands and coughs again then smiles at her, she doesn't return it.



“You're glad to see me. Admit it.” He says with a little laugh in his voice.

“I told you to stay home. You know I don't want you involved.” She replies still without emotion.

“Don't want me involved? Since the day I was born I was involved.”

“But no one has to know it. So there for you don't have to get involved.”

“Why is this so hard for you? Why can't you except the fact that I'm just like you?” He said with a change in tone, now more serious like her.

“Just go home. We'll talk later.”

“I'm just a few years….”

He stops and they both watch a third shadow appear. Only this one wasn't a friend. It was a hairy beast that walks all four. It's not your common hairy beast. This is a tenquear, stronger than a crocodile's hold on a victim, meaner then a werewolf, and more dangerous then a hippo, but weighs about the same as an average 10-year-old boy. It slowly walked up to the two growling, walking on all four.



“I've been looking for you.”

She said to it in a mocking way. The beast lunges, thinking it will attack her, she gets ready, but instead it goes for the other one. It tackles him to the ground. She rushes over and leaps into the air, tackling it off him on her way down. The beast and her roll around on the ground. She manages to break free, and from her back pocket pulls out what looks like a small golden tube. She thrusts her right arm out to the side, and the tube becomes a spear with a sapphire tip. The tenquear lunges at her, she thrusts the spear forward, the beast falls to the side, leaving a gash on her upper right arm. With one sudden, smooth motion, the spear is in the heart of the beast.



She almost collapses right there, but catches herself, and props herself up with her hands. Breathing at a faster rate then usual, she sits next to her defeated opponent, mutters a few words and waves her hand over it, and the beast disappears. She looks at her arm, and then taking a piece of material from her front pocket, wraps it around the wound. That's when her follower comes running up to her.



“Are you all right? I hope you're not hurt too bad.” He says with worry in his voice.

“You know kid, when someone older than you tells you to do something, you should just do it without question.” She replies standing up.

“I just wanted to help you. I thought that you could teach me.” He said looking down at the ground.

“I was going to. I just didn't think you were ready for battle,” She says seriously, then realizing that he's upset. “What do you say about going home? Having something to eat?”

He looks up at her with a smile on his face, “I'll cook tonight.”

“You know Kid, you're all right.” She says with a smile and a little laugh.

They both disappear into the night sky.



To Be Continued

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Albels_Girl on January 26, 2006, 8:03:20 AM

Albels_Girl on
Albels_Girlhey, Ace! I think this one is gunna be just as good (if not better)than the time travler you used to have on Quizilla before it died!