Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Story

This is about a teenage girl. Since she was 8 she has been on her own. Her parents were killed in front of her.She's discovered that she has a gift, a power, a curse. She could travel from place to place just by thinking of it.

Chapter 3 - The Story

Chapter 3 - The Story


Sunday, this day there is no training unless there needs to be. It's in the middle of the afternoon. She's in her room reading, studying a book of creatures sitting on her bed. He walks in slowly pushing the door open. She looks up, closes the book and sets it aside. He has questions in his eyes, she can tell.



“What is it? What's wrong?”

“Nothing I guess.” he says sitting next to her.

“Don't give me that. I can see the questions in your eyes. What's on your mind?”

“I was just thinking about the day when I followed you into battle. You didn't want me there why? I mean I know that I'm not trained like you, but you said that you didn't want anyone to know about me, and what I can do.”

“I guess you're old enough to know.” She said as she took a ragged breath. “Long ago, back when people believed in vampires and other creatures, there was this man. No one knew his real name, but he had this special power that allowed him to jump from place to place wherever he wanted to go, he could just by thinking of it. Of course he couldn't travel into the future or past, just within the present. He used this to go around killing these monsters that people were afraid of. He became a hero in many places.

Then a few years had gone by, he had a family and his son had this gift. Now his father wanted to teach him how to use it to fight for the people. His son followed in his footsteps. Everyone thought that this was the most wonderful thing that could have happened to mankind. A century went by, and people began to fear this, because it was changing and was looked upon as a curse from the devil. The hunters, the one's who had this gift, had to go into hiding for fear of their lives. If a person was proved to have this power they were killed.”

“But couldn't they just disappear?”

“Some did, but when there's a threat that effects everyone in the world, the world itself was on the lookout for these people. Then after a few years, the power seemed to stop being passed on. Only a few people were left in the world that had this power. My grandfather had it passed on to him, but not from his father or even grandfather, but from his great great great grandfather. Then he passed it on to me. My parents couldn't believe that their only daughter had this power, this curse.

My grandfather told me of all this, and how I wasn't to use my power for anything, not even a life or death situation. But somehow it got out that we had this. My grandfather died a few nights after it was publicized from being sick all the time. Then one night there was a knock at our door, my father opened it. My brother and I were playing in the living room and we heard the conversation. The men were looking for me. My brother had known this day would come and wasn't sure how my parents would react, so he built a trapdoor under his bed and hid me there.

The men came into his room, followed by both my parents. I had to see what was going on, so I opened the door just enough for me too see what was happening, but they couldn't see me. My parents were killed right there, I have no idea where my brother was. After that night, a family friend took me in. He was an instructor at a local karate school, he knew I had the power.”

“Now I understand why you said that you didn't want anyone to know about me. You're afraid that if anyone finds out, then I'll be killed.”

“That's right.”

“But why haven't you been killed? I mean people know about you.”

“That's because I fight in the shadows, no one ever knows its me,” She took another sharp breath, “that's enough for now. Go outside and play or something. I have work to do.”

With that he got up and walked out of her room. She picked the book back up and started to read again.



Later that night, just after they had finished dinner, the man showed up again. Only this time she wasn't around, she had gone out for some food for breakfast the next morning.



“Well I don't want to come in uninvited. I'll be back tomorrow.” The man said as he turned to walk away.

“It's ok, she'll be back soon. You can come in and wait for her.”

“Thank you.”

The man walked in and sat down at the table, the Kid sat down with him.

“I want to say thank you to you.”

“To me?” the man asked with much surprise.

“Yes, for saving her. If it wasn't for you, she wouldn't be here.”

“Ah. I see that she told you the story.”

“Yes. Is it true? Is all that stuff really true?”

“I'm afraid it is.”

“Why did she wait so long to tell me?”

“Well as you know, it's a very hard subject. She's still living with the past. She's never gotten over what happened.”

“But one lesson that she taught me was to always have control and not let anything overcome you.”

“Yes I know. But you have to understand that she has to forgive herself for what happened.”

“But she didn't have any control over it. How could she?”

“At the time she may have seemed helpless, but she knows now that something could have been done to stop it.”

“She was little at the time though. She probably didn't even fully understand what was going on. Like me when I first found out that I was like this.”

“Little? My dear child, this was only a year ago.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Didn't she tell you the story of her and her love….” Before the man could finish talking she walked in. They both turned to look at her.



Nothing more was said that night. The man left, the Kid and her went to bed. The next morning at breakfast still there was silence. When they went to go down to the training area, he had to know.

“What was he talking about? About your love?”

“Nothing. Let's start you off by climbing the ropes and going across the room.”

He did this in record time, for him at least. Then after that they trained more with the staffs and throwing and catching ropes. A few hours went by and they took a break for lunch.

“Will you tell me the story?”

“Yes I will tell you the story of me and him.”

To be continued

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment