Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Ending of a New Beginning

This is about a teenage girl. Since she was 8 she has been on her own. Her parents were killed in front of her.She's discovered that she has a gift, a power, a curse. She could travel from place to place just by thinking of it.

Chapter 5 - The Ending of a New Beginning

Chapter 5 - The Ending of a New Beginning




That night she couldn't get to sleep. That night, when Jace died, was all she could think about. It kept playing in her head, every move, every word, every sound, it seemed so real, but she knew it was just a memory. Then there it was, a sharp tap on her window. She got up and looked outside. There in the darkness, was a figure dressed in all black with a hood. She opened the window and leaned out.



“Come with me quickly, there isn't much time.” The voice said. So she quickly threw on a jacket and a pair of shoes and pulled her hair in a ponytail. She climbed out the window and ran up to the figure.

“Who are you?”

“I'll explain later. We must move quickly.” The voice said, “I need you to jump us, I'll think of the place, you just need to concentrate.”

The next second they were standing in front of an old house, they went inside and up a flight of stairs. They walked into a bedroom that had very minimal lighting.

“What's going on?” She asked.

“I need you to save my brother's life. Only you can do it.”

“Why me?”

“Because you love him.” Jara said as she put down her hood.



They both looked to the bed, and there he was, laying motionless, fighting for his life. Ace knew what she had to do. She knelt down by his side and took his hand.

“I need to be alone in order to do this.”

Jara nodded and walked out and closed the door behind her. What neither of them knew was that the Kid had heard what was going on and followed them.

“What's going on?” the Kid asked.

Not knowing he was there Jara jumped a little.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Jara asked in a serious tone.

“I know her, she's…she's taking care of me.”

“I see. She's saving a life.”



Just then there was a flash of light from inside the room. They both listened carefully, but they didn't hear anything. They walked in. There they found her limp, kneeling beside the bed with her hands holding his. Then he started to moan a little and turn his head to the side. He opened his eyes and slowly propped himself up.

“What's going on?” He asked trying to focus his eyesight.

“It worked!” Jara exclaimed and ran to him and threw her arms around his neck. “I can't believe it worked! I was afraid that I was too late!”

“What? What are you talking about?” Jace asked, and then saw Ace limp. “What happened to her? Jara what did you do!” He demanded.

“I saved your life!”

“What did you do to her?!”

“Oh, well I knew that she was the only one that could bring you back to life….so I…”

“How could you!” Jace yelled as he got up, and as he did, Ace fell and hit the floor. He turned and knelt beside her.

“I love you.” He whispered into her ear and kissed her lips.

“What's going on?” the Kid asked.

They both turn and look at him. And he sees her on the floor; shock and hurt come over his face. Jace looks up at Jara and she leaves the room. The Kid walks forward and kneels with Jace.

“Is she….” the Kid asks.

“I believe so. I want you to forget this but never lose it.” Jace answered as he kisses her lips again. They both look at her for a moment with tears in their eyes.

“Hey, you're him aren't you? You're the one that she loved.”

“Yes I am. How do you know that?”

“She told me a story about this guy that she loved and just before he died, he said that. But I thought that you died.”

“I did. But I was saved.”

“How?”

“By her love for me. She thought that I had died, and for a moment I was, but she forgot about a special gift that only she has.”

“What's that?”

“The gift of saving grace.” Jace answered and saw the Kid about to ask what that was, “that is where a person is able to bring someone back from the dead just by pure love. Our love was so true and pure that when I died and she kissed me, that put life back into me. She didn't know it at the time that she had the gift, but I believe today she now knows. But the only problem is that the life that she gave me, came from her.”

Just then she moaned a little and opened her eyes.

“What? I thought….you….how can this be?” Jace asked.

“I studied saving grace and learned how it worked. When I put life into you, I did take my own. But since you loved me enough back and kissed me, that's what brought me back to life.”



Ace, the Kid and Jace all go back to her house. When they get there, and he's there sitting at the table, watching them walk in.

“I see that you just let yourself in now.” She says with a smile.

“Yes, well I can't wait outside all day for you now can I?” he replied.

“Well no because it's not day now is it? Now if the sun was at least up, then I would give you credit. But since the sun won't be up for a few more hours, then you have nothing.”

“Getting smart are we?”

“Learned from the best. What can I do for you?”

“I received interesting news.” He says as he puts a piece of paper on the table. She picks it up and reads it.

“What? Are you sure that this is real?”

“I did everything to check it out, and yes it is. You know what that means.”

“Yes I do. But he's not ready, he's training isn't done. They can't possibly do this. How did they even find out? I've been careful.”

“There's only two people that I know that could have done this.”

She turns to Jace.

“You're sister set me up. Now the Kid's in danger.”

“What? I didn't know.”

“I know you didn't. But I need you to find out anything you can from her.”

“I will. I promise.”

“What's going on?” the Kid asks sounding concerned.

“Remember when I told you that I didn't want anyone to find out about you, and what you can do?”

“Yes.”

“Well some people found out, and they've told the people who are against are kind. They've not only put my life in danger, but your life as well.” She said getting down on one knee, “There's little I can do to protect you, but I swear I will do anything and everything I can. I'll give my life for you.”



To Be Continued

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment