Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Battle of Hu Lao Gate

After the Battle of Long Valley, the KH team reached the waning stage of their adventure.

Chapter 6 - The Battle of Hu Lao Gate

Chapter 6 - The Battle of Hu Lao Gate
The Battle of Hu Lao Gate


Riku and Sora again opened up their eyes and found themselves in a different place. No longer were they within the old temple, but rather a narrow mountain pass. There was a slight mist and an icy residue upon the ground indicating that the next world they came to was one where winter had set in and a new morning was breaking.
This must be the next battle assessment. Riku said. The air was cold and it caused him to shiver. Its a little chilly too. But the change in atmosphere did not deter their thoughts on Wander and his world.
Poor Wander, Sora thought to himself, To think that he had to meet such a sorry end, regressed to an infant alone in that world.
I know, but theres nothing we can do about it. Riku then happened to look down to realize that his wardrobe had changed again. Sora, look at this.
Sora looked up to see that both he and Riku were no longer in the Gaelic style of clothing as they were in the world of the Colossi, but rather they were dressed in Chinese armor dating to the end of the Han Dynasty. The armor consisted of individual armored plates, with a shiny grey hue, woven together with red twine. There was blue trimming along each featured piece of armor, specifically on the arm, leg, and waist guards. The arm guards also displayed reinforced thickness for the upper shoulder in the form of beast, or dragon heads. The chest piece was slightly different, consisting of circular armored plating and a thick, reinforced base around the abdomen and lower torso, colored in gold and black. And around the color, more reinforced armor, reaching down to the middle of their back and chest and topped with scarf and connecting insignia. Around their wastes were standing sashes of thick cloth to withstand enemy attack. They were fastened with bolted belts, with the buckle as another frightening demon. Thick arm guards and shin guards, of an identical color to the rest of the entourage, protected their much needed limbs. Finally, upon their heads, they wore domed helmets topped with blue tassels and golden spires at the side of the helmets front, resembling the fierce appearance of a dragon or lion.
No wonder I was feeling a little heavy. Sora declared.
We must be going into one fierce battle. Riku added.
I know, but where?-
Hey, you two, a voice shouted from behind. What are you standing about for?!
The key bearers turned to find a man, dressed in intricate battle robes, standing behind them. He was a dashing individual, battle-hardened in appearance with his long flowing hair and his thing beard and moustache. A patch concealed his left eye and in his hand, he wielded a large sword called a Kirin Blade. His appearance was almost similar to General Saber, which was the reason the key bearers reacted harshly.
Riku and Sora jumped back and drew out their keyblades.
Saber, Sora growled, What are you doing here?
Show more respect to me, you novices! the man thundered. And who is this Saber you speak of? Youve mistaken me for someone else possibly. My name is Xiahou Dun and dont you forget it! The key bearers lowered their weapons.
I dont think thats Saber. Riku said. Hes too brash and direct.
Are you trying to be funny or something?! Xiahou Dun walked up to them, What are youre names?!
Im Riku&-
And Im Sora. Sora added.
Well, Riku, Sora, Xiahou Dun said, I should have you two executed for your insolence! But we cant afford to waste lives in the middle of our upcoming campaign!
Campaign&what campaign&?-
Are you idiots that dense? Im talking about the battle that were waging at Hu Lao Gate! Theres a military meeting and Im supposed to attend it with my cousin! You two will accompany me!-
Very well, Riku said. Xiahou Dun turned without uttering another word.
Man, Sora grumbled, What is his problem?
I dont know.-
And why did you say wed go with him? From what I can tell, he doesnt like us.-
That may be so, but hes our first link to figuring out whats going on in this world.-
Yeah, I guess&-
Well just follow him for the time being. Just make sure to keep on his good side. Hes not the type of guy you wanna screw around with.-
You got that right.-
Are you two coming or not? Xiahou Dun shouted.
Were coming, were coming,-
The two key bearers quickly pursued. They eventually came to a vast encampment of possibly twenty thousand tents. A few soldiers wandered about in their early morning duties. Some brushing down their horses, while others were fetching water for their comrades. Others sharpened their weapons while some men changed guard. The sun had not peeked and the stars were still twinkling, thought slightly faded by the upcoming morning. The torches in the camp were still lit and the majority of the men were still fast asleep.
The trio eventually came to a large tent near the center of the camp. There, just outside the flap of the tent, a man in blue stood idly about. Though his main battle array was blue, his battle sash and upper body guard were intricate pieces of red with gold trim. His stern face was an intimidating sight stationed within the folds of a standing collar. His hair was a raven black, matching the moustache and lengthy beard that hung from his chin. Upon his head was a royal cap, tightly fastened in place. At his side was a long sword, neatly sheathed away.
Cousin, Xiahou Dun shouted.
Ah, the man said, Glad to see that you could make it. He then noticed the key bearers behind him. What means this armed guard?
Theyre two soldiers I saw standing about just outside of camp. He presented the two young men to his cousin. This is Riku and Sora. Boys, this is my cousin and founder of the allied coalition, Cao Cao.
Well, well, Cao Cao looked at the two youths, You seem like agile young soldiers. How good are you in battle?
As good as any man here, Sora chuckled, sarcastically.
Is that so? I see you have a lot of spunk. We could use more frontline soldiers like you. Perhaps you would like to join us in our council.-
It would be an honor, sir. Riku replied.
Very well then,-
Cousin, Xiahou Dun implied, our allies come.
Mounted on horses, a group of men approached. One, leading upon a white stallion was dressed in a magnificent gold colored entourage. Following him, two other men in red ensembles, one wearing a helmet with an excessively large plume at its top, the other was a large muscular man wielding a giant iron club. Soon after, three more men, robed in green uniform, came behind them. One was a large, slightly robust man, wielding what looked like a serpent headed spear. His beard was thick and bristly like a cactus. The other large man next to him wielded as spear with an excessively large head, as if a sword had been welded on to the staff of a pike. His beard was long and flowing, not at all like his stouter companion. It was such a sight draping down to his waste. Between them was a smaller man, much more distinguished and gentle-looking than his two comrades. His beard and moustache were not as exquisite, but it was a sign that he was reaching that age of maturity. But one thing was obvious, every man present wielded some kind of facial hair, unlike Riku and Sora whose faces were as clean and smooth ad an infants backside.
Ah, Lord Cao Cao, the man in gold said as he dismounted his horse, I see that youve beat us to the punch once again.
Lord Yuan Shao, Cao Cao replied, Glad to see that you and the other officers managed to make it here without running into any trouble.
Ha, there is nothing that Dong Zhou can do to stain the prestige of the Yuan family. The two men shook hands hardily. Shall we begin this war council then?
Lets,-
Yuan Shao first entered with Cao Cao right behind him.
Who are those men? Sora asked.
Those are the commanders of the ally coalition. Xiahou Dun explained. The man in gold is the commander of the coalition, Lord Yuan Shao, hand chosen to lead our forces by my cousin. He began to identify each man as he dismounted and entered the tent. Then those two men in red. The smaller man with the large plume on his helmet, thats Lord Sun Jian. He resides in the Wu province. Hes known as the Tiger of Jiang Dong. Then the man with the large club accompanying him, thats Huang Gai, one of the more effective officers under Sun Jian; hes an excellent strategist and a very brave and dedicated commander. Then those last three men are the sworn brothers. The stout bristly man with the serpent spear is Zhang Fei. Then theres the fellow with the long beard. His name is Guan Yu, the supposed strongest of the three brothers. However, I think Cao Cao is starting to favor him. But despite that, both are extremely fierce and formidable fighters.
And the little guy?-
The smaller man is Liu Bei. You might consider him to be the heart of the trio. Its because of him that Zhang Fei and Guan Yu stick together. You might say that Liu Bei is their little brother and they have to watch out for him.
Lord Xiahou Dun, Liu Bei suddenly said as the three approached. He examined the key bearers. Who are these young men accompanying you?
Lord Liu Bei. These are a couple recruits who will be joining in our council by my request.-
A little young to be frontline soldiers dont you think? Zhang Fei said. Neither of them is growing a hint of a beard or moustache. Theyre clean-faced!
Whats that supposed to mean?! Sora grumbled.
Brother, Guan Yu said with his deep, robust voice, Thats awfully rude. Im sure that these young men have the capability to battle as well as we do.
And how would you know that, brother? Zhang Fei asked. They look like a couple of hams to me.
It takes a true warrior to know. These boys may not be as much of novices as you claim them to be.-
Yeah, yeah sure, of course Id have to see it to believe it.-
Dont mind my sworn brothers. Liu Bei chuckled. So what are your names?
Im Riku and this is my best friend, Sora. Riku replied.
Riku and Sora, eh, Ill be sure to remember your names.-
With that, the three entered the tent without another word.
Well, boys, Xiahou Dun said, Lets join them.
Cmon Sora, Riku implied, You heard the commander.
Getting a little too involved in this role arent you, Riku? Sora sighed. The two key bearers entered the tent. They gathered around a long table, with Yuan Shao at the head.
Gentlemen, he said, Let us begin this war council. Upon the table was a large map of the geographical features of the land. So far we have managed to defeat Dong Zhous forces at Si Shui Gate at the same time capturing a great deal of necessary supplies from that depot. Now, Dong Zhous forces are falling back to Luoyang. The only thing that stands between us and the end of Dong Zhous reign is the impregnable pass at Hu Lao Gate. We take that and Dong Zhou will be trapped like a rat in the Imperial capital with no one to protect him.
So who shall take the lead in the assault on Hu Lao? Liu Bei asked.
I believe Sun Jian will take the lead, followed by Cao Cao and of course you at the end, Lord Liu Bei.-
Does anyone disagree with this arrangement? Cao Cao acknowledged.
Wouldnt it be best to send the Vanguard in last though? Sun Jian asked.
We cant afford to waste time in the pass, Lord Sun Jian. If we wish to break the back of the defenses at Hu Lao Gate in a short time, well need the vanguard to go in first. If theres anyone who can get the job done quickly, itll be you.-
I understand.-
Then we leave at daybreak. Yuan Shao boasted to success, Generals, good fortune in battle!
The officers stood and bowed respectfully. And one at a time, they departed from the tent.
Well that was a short war council. Riku said.
If you can even call it a war council, Sora grumbled.
It just goes to show how confident we are right now. Xiahou Dun implied. Only Hu Lao Gate stands in our way and well be able to break through whatever resistance that tries to stop us.
By the way, Riku asked, Yuan Shao mentioned a guy named Dong Zhou. Who is Dong Zhou?
Dong Zhou is a tyrannical despot who seized the throne after the late Emperor Ling passed away. Now he rules the land with an iron fist. We cant have a man like that in power that only looks after his own personal gains. He cares nothing for the people and their suffering. He cares not for anyone, but himself. Thats why we have to put him down for good.
I see.-
But because of Dong Zhous seizing of the majority of Chinas military forces, its been a lot harder for us to go against him. Its not anything like the Yellow Turban Rebellion we fought against a few years earlier. Unlike them, a band of novice peasants, were fighting against our countries own Imperial forces. And its all due to that damned Dong Zhou and his followers.
Theres always one guy that has to be the goat. Sora grumbled. I hope this Dong Zhou gets his just deserts.
In do time. Xiahou Dun pounded his fists together with determination.
Lord Xiahou Dun, Liu Bei inquired as he and his brothers prepared to depart, If its not too much of a bother, would it be alright if we take Riku and Sora under our wing?
I dont see why not. Besides, you could give these boys a few good lessons in combat.-
That sounds good.-
Then theyre all yours. Xiahou Dun took a bow to both the brothers and the key bearers. I must leave you now, Riku, Sora. Youll be in the hands of those three. He thus departed without a second glance, as if he were glad to be rid of his burden.
There was a dead awkward silence between the duo and the trio. But Liu Bei only smiled at them.
So how well are you experienced in battle? Liu Bei asked.
We have a sufficient amount of skill to be of some use to you, Lord Liu Bei. Riku replied.
Yeah, Riku and I have been in a lot of battles. Sora added.
And when was the first time you battled? Liu Bei asked.
I was about fourteen and Riku was about fifteen.-
I see.-
How close are you two? Guan Yu asked.
Well, weve been friends since we were boys.-
Hes been hanging around me all these years and I still dont know how to get rid of him. Riku grabbed Sora and gave him a noogie upon the top of his skull.
Hey, cut it out, Riku!-
Then youre more like brothers than friends. Zhang Fei asked.
Yeah,-
Then your bond to fight together should be stronger than anything. Liu Bei said. Since we have some time, I want you two to spar. I want to see how good you two are in battle.-
Alright, you ready for this, Riku?-
Get ready to lose, Sora. Riku chuckled.
Hey, hey, not so fast, Liu Bei inquired, You didnt let me finish yet. You see, youre gonna spar, but not against each other. The key bearers were puzzled by the declaration.
Well, then who are we supposed to spar against?-
The two of us, Zhang Fei chuckled as he and Guan Yu stepped forward.
Us against them&? Soras Adams apple suddenly slithered from his throat to his stomach.
You got a problem with that, little guy?-
Dont call me little!-
If youre gonna fight alongside us, we gotta see just how powerful you two really are. Liu Bei said. Just claiming that youre tough doesnt necessarily mean youre really effective. We have to see for ourselves.
I see, Riku replied, Then well do it to prove our grit. Sora, you take Zhang Fei. Ill battle Guan Yu.-
Right, Sora said.
Getting a little feisty arent we. Zhang Fei chuckled.
Well, I must ready our men for the march. Liu Bei declared. I leave you four to battle.
Understood, Guan Yu replied.
Then I take my leave. He bowed respectfully before withdrawing. In the meantime, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei drew out their weapons and prepared to face the key bearers.
Alright, you two, lets get started.-
Right, Sora replied.
But remember, Zhang Fei advised, Were gonna fight like this is a real battle. Dont expect us to hold back.-
We would expect nothing else. Riku said. Are you ready for this, Sora?
Yeah, Sora was fired up.
Then lets show these two what key bearers can do. They drew out their keyblades with a swing of their wrists. The blades were a magnificent sight to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei as well as the way the key bearers drew them out.
Look at those blades. Zhang Fei said. Ive never seen such weapons.
They look like giant keys. Guan Yu added. I see, so thats why they call you key bearers.
This ought to be fun.-
The key bearers suddenly charged their opponents. Zhang Fei and Guan Yu took up defense and fended off Riku and Sora. They clashed steel with steel, forcing sparks to fly. The lightning fast movement of both parties was a sight that could not be described in words. Their agility was unrivaled as the warriors were able to dodge and evade each others attacks by inches.
Some of the soldiers passing by or on duty watched in awe as these four did battle. To them, the fighting skills they witnessed were equal to that of the gods.
These guys are stronger than what we took them for. Riku thought to himself as he evaded the massive blade of Guan Yus Guan Dao. For guys so big, their agility is equal to our own.
Cmon, Sora shouted, You dont scare me!
This kid is something else. Zhang Fei said quietly. I guess hes more than just a novice.
I have to commend your strength, Riku. Guan Yu said as he attacked and blocked. You are indeed one of the toughest warriors Ive fought so far.
I can say the same about you, Guan Yu. Riku replied. Youre like a war god.
Well, I wouldnt go that far. I am just a man, but a man who excels in the art of battle.
Back and forth the four did clash, not one of them showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, they were still fighting as intensely as they had when they started, when Liu Bei returned from his rallying duties. He was awe struck by the confrontation.
Incredible, he said, unable to express his true emotion, Those boys are good. Theyre going head to head with Guan Yu and Zhang Fei at an even stride.
Just then, both combating duos got into a deadlock, pushing at each other, hoping that the other would give up, but neither side seemed to be gaining any upper ground. As the only solution break up the deadlock, both sides pushed each other away with all their might. They skid their heels upon the winter soil and held their weapons at the ready. By this time, both duos were exhausted, heaving and breathing to regain their strength.
That was one hell of a rush. Riku said. Guan Yu is not a pushover, thats for sure.
I can definitely say the same about Zhang Fei. Sora added, trying to catch his breath. He just wont go down.
That little squirts getting the best of me. Zhang Fei said. I cant believe it. I thought no one besides you, brother, could do such a thing.
Im just as surprised as you, brother. Guan Yu added. Riku is a veteran fighter alright. He uses that weapon with such precision and skill.
Whats wrong, you two, Sora declared in an urging, sarcastic manner, Have you had enough? Are we just too much for you?
In your dreams, kid! Zhang Fei said with a smile. Im just getting started!
So are we! Riku shouted.
Then are you ready for another round? Guan Yu hollered.
Im afraid we dont have time, brother. Liu Bei said. Were ready to move out.
Already, Sora asked, But it seemed so short.
You four have been battling against each other for over an hour now and you showed no signs of slowing down. Liu Bei approached the four. He first complimented his oath brothers. Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, you two were superb. I see that you perfected your abilities again. He then turned to the key bearers. And you, Riku, Sora, you two were incredible. I never would have thought there would be anyone who could go head to head with Zhang Fei and Guan Yu of all people. I have to say that Im impressed.
It was nothing really.-
But none of you even let up with your fighting to take a breather, even after a full hour of doing battle. Perhaps I could recommend you two to be assigned as members of our vanguard.-
Na, I dont think were ready for a promotion yet.-
Well, at least youre honest. He gathered the four around. Its time for us to move out. Get your gear and prepare to march. Well be following Cao Caos column here in a bit.
Right, Riku said.
Lets go then. The five departed together.
You guys were awesome. Zhang Fei complimented. Itll be great to see you two engage the enemy.
Ill say. Guan Yu added. Youll cause the enemy to flee in no time.
Thanks for the compliment, Guan Yu. Riku replied. I cant wait to see you and Zhang Fei in battle either.
Me too, Sora added.
In do time, my friends. Guan Yu said, In do time.
It looks like weve making really good friends here, Riku.-
Id say so too. Riku replied.
Just then, a messenger, mounted on a horse, came from the front. It was one of Yuan Shaos couriers. He presented himself before Liu Bei.
Lord Liu Bei, he said, Lord Yuan Shaos compliments.
What is it? Liu Bei asked.
My lord wishes to inform you that Sun Jians vanguard troops have engaged against Dong Zhous forces commanded by Li Jue, Gao Shun, and Zhang Liao. Its a three pronged attack.-
Damn it, they set a trap for us.-
Lord Sun Jian is at the moment confronting the forces under Li Jue and Lord Cao Cao has engaged Gao Shun. Lord Yuan Shao instructs that you move to fight against Zhang Liao.-
Understood, With that, the courier galloped away. Liu Bei turned to his brothers and allies. Alright, get the men ready and have them move at a double-quick pace.
Very well, Guan Yu replied. Lets go were heading out!
It looks like well be entering battle earlier than we thought. Riku said.
You two stick with us. Zhang Fei instructed.
We gotcha, Sora replied. The five hurried to their ranks and moved their columns forward to battle against Dong Zhous forces at Hu Lao Gate.

The march to the front did not take long. Almost instantly, hundreds of wounded stragglers appeared, making their way to the rear. Already signs of devastation could be seen. There were wounded men lying side by side with their slain comrades. Supply wagons were dilapidated or burning. Arrows and bits of debris littered the pass. But such sights did not deter the advancing columns. As they reached the front, the sounds of hundreds, if not thousands of men echoed through the pass. Sure enough, there came the sight of arrow volleys and catapult projectiles being launched into the air. By the looks of it, the three pronged attack had severely crippled the allied advance.
Man, Sora said, Look at all this chaos.
I know. Riku replied. They watched as Liu Bei met up with Cao Cao and Sun Jian. They overheard some of the information passed between the three men.
Im glad that you came just in time, my lords. Sun Jian remarked.
What happened? Liu Bei asked.
They just came out of nowhere, striking my ranks with a volley and forcing them to withdraw.-
The predicament is not looking well for us. Cao Cao said. The morale of Lord Sun Jians vanguard had decreased dramatically.
We just need to break up that three pronged attack. Liu Bei suggested. We attack their wings and force them to cave in.
I see. Very well, then deploy your troops as soon as you can. Lets compress the enemy at their flanks and thin the front line out a little bit. Liu Bei, you attack Zhang Liao on the right wing. I shall confront Gao Shuns troops on the left flank. And Lord Sun Jian, you remain at the center and hold off the enemy for as long as you can.-
Right, Liu Bei came before the key bearers and his oath brothers. Alright, you guys, take your positions at the right flank.
Liu Beis troops assembled their formations and advanced to uphold the right flank. Zhang Liaos forces stood before them, grit and stubborn veterans they were. Zhang Liao himself was in the lead. A rather intimidating sight, he was dressed in light blue armor to allow better speed on the field. He was a seasoned warrior by the look on his bearded face. In his hand, he wielded a weapon almost identical to Guan Yus weapon, called the Gold Wyvern.
There stands a formidable foe. Guan Yu said as their soldiers prepared to attack.
Is that that Zhang Liao guy you were talking about? Sora asked.
He looks impressive. Riku said.
If only that man were on our side. Guan Yu told them. Zhang Liao is not only a seasoned fighter, but a respected gentlemen and loyal officer as well.
Is that so?-
His loyalties should be with us though, not with that tyrant, Dong Zhou.-
Maybe he might be persuaded. Sora implied.
That is beside the point. Liu Bei interrupted. Zhang Liao opposes us as an enemy and he must be defeated. He drew out his sword. My brothers, we go to battle! Prepare and archer volley to support us!
Archers, an officer shouted, Draw your arrows!-
Forward, Liu Bei and his brothers, along with the key bearers charged the enemy ranks.
Zhang Liao watched from afar as his opponents began their attack. He smirked and held his weapon high.
We must preserve this nation at all costs, Zhang Liao declared. Fight to the last man if necessary. Let none of the enemy through! There was a great cheer from his ranks before they charged against Liu Beis advancing columns. Volleys of arrows were unleashed from both sides, raining havoc on the other. Hundreds of soldiers were struck down. Many of them were either killed instantly, or were severely maimed. But despite the devastation, neither side relented and continued to advance.
Riku and Sora couldnt believe what was happening as death fell from the heavens and struck down the men running next to them. Almost in slow motion, they watched as both sides drew nearer and nearer until finally, both sides clashed with great impact, toppling men as they collided. Swords and spears drove deep into the walls of humanity. The key bearers were stunned at the ferocity of the fighting. Not even their fights with the Imperial Axis could compare to the blood shedding they saw at Hu Lao.
Man, Riku said, This isnt a battle, this is utter chaos.
Stay close, Riku. Sora cried.
They did combat without hesitation, maiming as much as they could and killing as little as possible, a technique that had not changed since their first encounters with the former Dark Empire. However, those they did kill, they could only look into the stunned eyes of their enemies as their final breath gave way. The same haunting spectacle of a diminished life did not fade from their minds. Inwardly, both Riku and Sora were crying profusely as they took the life of another soldier. They tried to wipe from their minds that they were in a simulation, that they werent really taking lives. But despite such logics, they couldnt help, but feel sorry for the men on both sides who were killed or maimed beyond healing. But still, it was a task they had to fulfill. Either they slew, or were slain themselves.
Keep at them, you men. Liu Bei shouted as he struck men from atop his grey Hex Mark steed. We must maintain the glory of the Han!
Zhang Fei and Guan Yu sliced their way through the enemy ranks, tossing many of the soldiers asunder with such brute force, it was as if the winds obeyed their every command and pummeled men to their death.
Riku and Sora were just as formidable, unleashing devastating attacks on their enemies. But their supremacy on the field came to an abrupt end as they soon confronted the mighty Zhang Liao himself. Zhang Liao emerged from the tide of ranks like a leviathan lurking in the depths. He stood before the key bearers. For a minute, the world seemed to halt around them, isolating the three from reality.
Its him, Sora uttered, Its that guy, Zhang Liao.
So we confront the head commander of these soldiers himself. Riku said with a smirk.
I see that you two have incredible strength. Zhang Liao declared. And I see that my illustrious name has gained fame even amongst the ranks of the individual soldier. May I ask who you are, who excel so greatly in the art of war.
My name is Riku.-
And Im Sora. Sora made ready his keyblade.
I see, Zhang Liao gave his weapon a swerve as to intimidate the youths. Then I challenge you, Riku, Sora, to a contest of strength.
Is that so? Then we gladly accept.-
But do you have what it takes to battle against the invincible Zhang Liao?-
Theres only one way to find out! Riku implied.
The two key bearers advanced and struck from the flanks, but Zhang Liao was able to evade and block at the same time. He leaped into the air and slapped the key bearers at the side of the head with the flat of his blade. The youths attacked again and both sides engaged in another intense fight. Slash, jab, they pummeled one another, with no wounds being inflicted. The soldiers around them seemed awe inspired, halting their own battles to act as spectators to this unbelievable bout.
Your combined strength is flawless. Zhang Liao said. Ive never felt so exhilarated in battle for quite a while. It is an honor to battle you. For a moment, their fighting stopped between them as Zhang Liao pushed the key bearers away. However, despite that honor, I cannot allow you to just have your way. This is the future of China I battle for. And the future of the country is far more important to me than a single duel with two outstanding warriors.
Funny, Riku said, Thats just how we feel.
We cant let you have your way either. Sora added.
The one to outlast the other in stamina and strength will decide the tide of this fight.-
Then I will hold nothing back this time around. Zhang Liao declared. If you are struck, then you will die. Zhang Liao power suddenly increased and the key bearers could feel it.
Hes serious now.-
Prepare,-
This time, it was Zhang Liao who was on the offensive. His blows had increased greatly, swirling and thrusting his blade with superior precision. The key bearers found countering him more of a challenge now.
Hes not giving us a chance to breathe, Riku. Sora said.
Then if hes so determined to fight on that equal playing field, Riku replied, Were obliged to do the same. The silver haired youth unleashed his full potential as well and started attacking with more ferocity. Sora did the same, unleashing his full potential and assaulted alongside Riku against Zhang Liao. Zhang Liao slowly gave ground.
You two are good, but not good enough! He started to glow a bright gold and damage inflicted on him, become none existent. At the same time, the blows he unleashed on the key bearers had increased ten fold.
This power, Sora said, Its the Musou Rage.
Is that so? Riku smirked. Well, if he wants to play that way, then so be it! Riku unleashed the Musou Rage as well. Sora mimicked his comrade and used the Musou Rage as well. Now all three were equal, not able to inflict damage or receive damage from the other.
You have the power of the Musou Rage? Zhang Liao uttered. But how can that be? Only a selected few have ever mastered that technique.
It just goes to show you the extent of our talents.-
How did you achieve that strength?-
It was handed down to us.-
Handed down by whom?-
If you defeat us, we might tell you. Sora mocked.
Is that right? Then Ill be sure to make this fight a quick one!-
But the battle was exactly the opposite. Zhang Liao was unable to break through the defense of the key bearers. So long as all three of them used the Musou Rage, no real goal was achieved.
This is impossible. Riku said. At this rate, none of us have done any damage.-
I agree. Sora added.
But as soon as it had occurred, all three diminished in the Musou Rages power and had regressed to their original strengths.
Such power, Zhang Liao thought to himself, No man has ever caused me to fight this intensely. He could only stand in admiration of the two young men. Though they are at such a young age, they were able to level with me.
Just then, Zhang Liao came to realize that his soldiers were falling back. While he was fighting against Riku and Sora, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei were able to coordinate their forces and push back his troops, inflicting terrible casualties in the process. As if that wasnt enough, a messenger came to him in the midst of this battle.
Message from our superiors, He said. Weve been ordered to withdraw back to Hu Lao Gate.
Damn it. Zhang Liao growled. But he shrugged it off and smiled. Well, Riku and Sora, you and your friends have surpassed my might, impressive. Zhang Liao turned to his men. Were falling back to Hu Lao Gate!
With that, the soldiers quickly withdrew to the gate, seen in the distance. There was a large cheer from Liu Beis men as they watched the enemy pull back.
We did it? Sora uttered.
I guess we won. Riku added.
Zhang Fei and Guan Yu came up to the key bearers and padded them on the back.
That was incredible. Zhang Fei boasted. We saw the whole thing. You really put that Zhang Liao in his place.
Youre skills are impressive. Guan Yu added. I guess that spar with us unleashed a few new techniques, eh?
I guess so. Sora sheepishly said.
Brothers, friends, Liu Bei implied as he approached them on horse back. We dont have time to stand around. The enemy is on the run. We march to Hu Lao and break them once and for all.
Yeah, Zhang Fei was ecstatic, Lets break through that gate and give old Dong Zhou whats coming to him.
Assemble the men and have them launch a pursuit.-
Very well, Guan Yu acknowledged. The forces reassembled and continued their way to Hu Lao Gate.
Eventually, Gao Shun and Li Jues forces withdrew as well. Cao Cao and Sun Jian continued their way towards Hu Lao Gate. With this stunning victory, morale was higher than ever. It seemed that nothing could stand in the way of the coalition. And eventually, Hu Lao Gate would fall as well. But little did they realize that toppling Hu Lao Gate would be a greater challenge than any of them expected.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment