Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - The Greatest Warrior of the Three Kingdoms

After the Battle of Long Valley, the KH team reached the waning stage of their adventure.

Chapter 7 - The Greatest Warrior of the Three Kingdoms

Chapter 7 - The Greatest Warrior of the Three Kingdoms
The Greatest Warrior of the Three Kingdoms


There was a boost on confidence in the ranks of the alliance coalition. Ever since they managed to fend off the enemy, despite being at a disadvantage, thoughts of glory, easy victory, and invincibility entered the minds of each soldier. Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei rode side by side. Riku and Sora were close behind them. They looked on as the soldiers sang and praised themselves for a job well done.
These guys are really jubilant arent they? Sora said.
After routing Zhang Liaos forces, Im not the least bit surprised. Riku replied.
You should be jubilant too. Guan Yu said, looking back to the key bearers. You managed to battle against Zhang Liao himself. And that in itself is a great achievement.
Well, we could and we should, but Ive always kept it to mind to always count your eggs before they hatch.-
Well spoken, young Riku. Liu Bei said. Its always best to save celebrating until after the task is done in full.
It was funny that Liu Bei mentioned that. Almost like a dark cloud, the joyful murmuring suddenly diminished, transforming into an eerie silence. Now, there was tension in the air.
It got really quiet. Sora said.
Look, Riku said, pointing to the outside of the column.
Just off the road, thousands of men were stretched out. Some of them had lost limbs, an arm or a leg. Others had hideous gashes upon their bodies, inflicted by some sharp edge. Blood was everywhere, and the moans and screams of wounded men could be heard bellowing in chorus.
Wandering amongst the wounded was Cao Cao and Sun Jian. Liu Bei and his brothers approached them. Riku and Sora quickly joined up with them.
Lord Cao Cao, he said, Whats the matter? Why have you and the others withdrawn from the front.
Our forces have met stiff resistance at Hu Lao Gate. Cao Cao replied.
Trying to penetrate the walls defense is more difficult than earlier anticipated. Sun Jian added.
What happened? Sora asked.
Well, Sun Jian began, we moved in as directed. We watched as the last of Dong Zhous retreating troops made their way into the gate. We immediately made attempts to charge, but the vanguard was halted by stiff resistance.
Who was holding you off? Guan Yu asked.
It was only one man. Cao Cao implied. The brothers and the key bearers looked on with a stunning gape of their mouths.
One man managed to fend you off? Zhang Fei asked.
Thats impossible. Liu Bei said. No one man would be able to fend off an entire military force.
Was it Zhang Liao? Riku wondered. He seems the kind of guy that could do that.
No, Cao Cao replied. It was Dong Zhous adopted son.
Adopted son? Who is he?-
You mean you dont know?-
Well, not exactly. Sora said.
Well, thats a first. Sun Jian implied. I always thought that everyone in the military knew his reputation for battlefield ferocity.
Whats his name?-
His name it Lu Bu.-
Immediately, the key bearers reacted at the mentioning of Lu Bus name. They looked at each other.
Impossible, whats Lu Bu doing here?-
How he got here is what I want to know. The key bearers quickly turned and withdrew from the group, heading towards the front.
Hey, Riku, Sora, Zhang Fei shouted. Where are you going?!
Weve got a score to settle!-
Settle the score?-
You think they have an old grudge against Lu Bu? Sun Jian asked.
If they have an old score to settle with Lu Bu, they mustve been really lucky warriors. Cao Cao remarked. To survive a fight with Lu Bu is a miracle.
We better go give them a hand. Liu Bei instructed. We cant have those two boys dying on us now can we. They quickly pursued the key bearers to the front.
Riku and Sora pushed their way through the masses of soldiers, desperate to see for themselves if what Sun Jian and Cao Cao said was true.
You really think Lu Bu is here? Sora asked.
I dont know. Riku replied. Well just have to see when we get there! But his mind was full of questions. How is it that Lu Bu is here? And how do these people know him. Could it be that this is the China to which Lu Bu descended?

As the neared the front, they came to realize the true horror of reality. Two hundred wards away lay the gate. And it was at that distance, that no man dared to tread. It was not stationed archers at the top of the walls or falling boulders from angered defenders. Rather, what scared them the most was the man who stood in front of the closed gates, not budging for anyone. From the barracks to the walls of Hu Lao, at least two thousand men lay dead or wounded, their comrades unable to come to their aid.
The key bearers came to the front to see the carnage of the field. They were shocked at the amount of casualties inflicted.
So many men, Sora said.
Who did this? Riku asked as soldier behind the breast works.
Its Lu Bu, the soldier trembled, Lu Bu is guarding the gates.
Are you sure?-
Every man on the field saw him. Its without a doubt Lu Bu.-
So, Riku and Sora ran out to the field alone, the only two to rush forward as those wounded still able to walk limped to the rear.
Hey you two, a soldier cried, stop!
Youre going the wrong way! another would holler. But nothing was about to deter the key bearers from their mission. A strange mist lingered about the ground. Mountain mist intermingling with smoke from small fires gave a strange atmosphere, the mangled bodies of slain men adding to the uneasy horror.
As the key bearers came before the gate, there mounted upon a red horse was Lu Bu with his heavy armor, his headdress with the massive antennae, and his diabolical weapon, the Sky Scorcher.
Pathetic, Lu Bu growled, Can the alliance do no better than this?! These worthless cowards are all bark and no bite! He raised his voice to the apprehensive forces of the coalition. You guys can fight, well cant you?!
Lu Bu, Riku shouted as he and Sora approached. They drew out their keyblades. So it is you, Lu Bu.
Well, well, two little bugs ready to throw their lives away. You dare stand against the mighty Lu Bu?!-
You dont scare us, Lu Bu! Sora declared. Weve fought you before and we wont lose to you again!
Really, and who might you be?! I dont recall letting anyone live who dared to face me!-
Dont give us that, the key bearers pulled off their helmets. You should know us. Lu Bu somehow looked confused.
Thats absurd. Ive never seen you before. The key bearers were just as bewildered.
What are you talking about? You fought against us and then alongside us when we battled against Kang.-
I dont know who this Kang is you speak of. I think you have the wrong guy.-
Oh, dont play dumb. You have a score to settle with Riku, remember?!-
Who the hell is Riku and who the hell are you two?! Are you just trying to aggravate me or something? Because its working!-
Lu Bu,-
I dont think he knows us, Sora. Riku said. The young key bearer looked at his friend curiously. This might be a different version of Lu Bu, perhaps before he met us.
Oh&-
Alright, Riku stood tall, drawing out his keyblade. You want to know who Riku is, eh? Well, Im Riku! And we have a duel to battle!
Yeah, Sora pulled forth his weapon as well. And Im Sora! Were here to fight you, Lu Bu!-
Is that so? Lu Bu chuckled. Well, Riku, Sora, if youre so willing to die at the hands of Lu Bu, then so be it! Ill stomp you both into a bloody mess! He gazed at Riku. I dont know, but for some reason&I just hate your eyes! You say that we have a score to settle, well let it be now and be done with it!
Lu Bu suddenly charged swiping away with his halberd. The key bearers evaded, leaping away as Red Hare charged into them.
Youll have to do better than that! Riku shouted. Lets see how you like a taste of this! He unleashed the Cinder Canister, deploying the fiery spheres all at once. But Lu Bu evaded, swaying his horse at tight turns, avoiding the impact of the flames.
Now its my turn! Sora declared, unleashing Tundra Canister. But again, Lu Bu maneuvered the horse, preventing the frozen shards from encasing him in ice and immobilizing him. Damn it, I missed.
Not bad, Lu Bu praised the key bearers. I see you are able to use the elements in battle. But what good are they against brute force such as mine! Lu Bu leaped from his horse. He hovered in the air before descending two hundred feet. His halberd held above his head, he slammed the blade into the ground. The impact caused in immense explosion, cracking the earth and toppling soil over. Great gusts of debris and dirt flew into the air, blown violently by the wind. Riku and Sora were almost knocked off their feet as they braced their legs against the ground, shielding their eyes from the incoming bits of rubble.
I see Lu Bu hasnt lost any of his potency. Sora said. But no sooner had the gusts died down, the mighty warriors appeared before the young keyblade master, his halberd slung behind his back preparing to swipe and cut the youth in half.
Youre finished! Lu Bu chuckled.
Sora, Riku cried. Get out of there!
But it was too late. Lu Bu was already on the verge of smiting Sora. His only other option was to block the attack. Sora threw his keyblade out in the path of the halberd. Metal struck metal and sparks flew. But the impact was too great for Sora and he was knocked off his feet. He could feel as the halberds staff struck him at the side, moments after the impact was made against he keyblade. He was thrown to the side. Then there was a loud clang, the sound of metal breaking and splintering, and he felt a sudden sting across his lower shoulder blade. The lower side of the halberds crescent blade managed to slice through his armor and slash his fair skin. Sora flew into the air and skidded along the ground for fifty feet, before lying motionless amongst the dead and dying soldiers.
Thats one down. Lu Bu boasted with warrior pride, One more to go.
Sora, Riku cried. But the key bearer did not respond, lying motionless upon the battlefield.
Theres no use trying to call for your comrade. Hes dead.-
No, Sora, Riku looked on at his friends still body. He clutched his fists tightly as his sadness gave way to rage. He glared at Lu Bu. Damn you, you bastard.
Theres no use getting angry over anything. Being mad is not going to help you in any way against me.-
Youll pay for what you did to Sora, Lu Bu.-
Oh, I quiver with fear! The titan lunged forward with incredible speed, but Riku did not waver, he drew out his keyblade again and stood defensively. Lu Bu struck, but missed as the agile warrior leaped over his head and prepared to attack from behind.
Lets see how you like it! He charged Lu Bus blind spot. But the mighty defender seemed unconcerned.
You think its that easy? He crouched down and stomped his foot upon the bare soil. A sonic boom erupted and knocked Riku of his course.
Damn, I forgot about the foot stomp.-
I told you, Lu Bu jumped up, Youre no match for me! He swiped at the key bearer, but Riku was able to throw his keyblade in front of him at the nick of time. He hit the ground and skidded about in the same manner as Sora, before he lay motionless on the ground. Lu Bu in the meantime, landed no more than fifty feet away from him. I guess thats all you and your friend were, Riku, just a lot of talk and no action! You never stood a chance against me the moment you dared to raise your blades against me. Already over two thousand men have tried and yet they all failed. And all of them were just as talented as you. If none of them could defeat me, even with such numbers favoring them, what made you think that only two of you would make a difference?
But no sooner had Lu Bu finished his self-praising, he realized that life still clutched onto Riku. Riku slowly staggered to his feet. He gasped and coughed, exhuming the dust from his lungs. Sweat and dirt, intermingling with blood from scrapes, did not phase the youth. He defiantly rose up and smirked.
You still have that same power behind your punch, Lu Bu. He uttered. But a simple display of might like that will not deter me that easily.
Dont get cocky. Youre still outmatched.-
I wouldnt expect it to be any different.-
And why is that?-
Because a man outclassed by someone like you is the reality of the world. I know I dont stand a chance and I know theres a high possibility that I may die. But still I go forward. And that in itself takes guts. That only proves to me that I am stronger than you are. But Lu Bu only mocked Rikus words.
Just keep barking, insect. Youre no match for me, ever. You may have will power, but what good is that when you dont have the physical strength. You can persist, but it will be you to die this day, just like your friend.-
I dont care if I do die.-
Well, you should, because youll end up just like these men. They were strong in will power, yet they fell so easily to my blade.-
But physical strength can only go so far. If your heart, mind, and soul arent focused on the matter at hand, theres no use engaging in the first place. That is what will power is, the strength to confront a threat, no matter how much bigger it is than you.-
Enough of your philosophical blathering, Riku, Lu Bu charged at him, though Riku was still weary. Lets see if your will power can block the next blow!
Lu Bu came nearer and nearer. Riku was still trying to recover from his pummel. The keyblade seemed so heavy in his hand now. No matter how much he tried to pull it up, his body would rebel, too exhausted to continue. It seemed over for Riku. Or so he thought.
From out of nowhere, a strong energy beam struck Lu Bu in the back, knocking him forward. Lu Bu staggered to regain his balance, avoiding falling face down on the ground. His armor had been singed. He turned to see where the blast came from. And there, standing upon weakened knees was Sora. He had managed to deploy an energy beam from his keyblade.
Well, he said, at least I know I can still use energy waves in this world.
You little punk, Lu Bu growled, How dare you pummel me in the back!
You should heed Rikus words, Lu Bu. You may think hes rambling, but its true. The strength of a persons heart is determined by their will to continue on.-
A heart is weak, a simple organ that can be easily pierced with the tip of a sword or spear.-
Yeah, youre right there.-
And yet you dare to stand up, knowing that youll face the same kind of pain, especially after that uncalled-for strike against me from behind! Lu Bu turned to face the youth. Are you not afraid of me?
Im terrified. Sora said. And who wouldnt be. The heart may be weak and sometimes may even give in, but Ive learned, in all my experiences, that there is a light that never goes out. So long as that person has the will to continue, that light will shine bright even in the deepest of darkness.
Then let your heart try and outwit this! Lu Bu drew his halberd up. Rolling Thunder! He slammed his keyblade upon the ground. A sonic boom traveled along the soil, up heaving dirt as it roared towards Sora.
Sora, Riku cried, Get out of there! Youll get pummeled again!
But Sora had lost a great deal of blood from his wound and the thrashing he received from the previous fight had taken a lot out of him mentally and physically. Again, another casualty would be added to list of so many nameless victims upon the field.
But from out of the blue, a large warrior appeared before Sora, blocking the way between Lu Bus attack and the key bearer. It was none other than the legendary Guan Yu. He threw his Guan Dao blade into the soil and cut the sound wave in two, forcing them to split up into separate paths. Sora gazed up at the long-bearded warrior.
Youve done well, Sora. Guan Yu said. Well take it from here.
Guan Yu, Sora uttered, You saved me.
Well, whos this? Lu Bu said, Another insect coming to die?
Youre the one whos going to die this time! a voice shouted from behind. Lu Bu turned to find Zhang Fei standing stalwart next to Riku. Sorry were late, Riku. Did we miss anything?
You guys made it. Riku sighed.
So two more insects have come to meet their maker, eh? Lu Bu scoffed.
Three actually, a third voice intervened. Lu Bu turned his head to find Liu Bei standing near. The three oath brothers stood no more than fifty yards away from Lu Bu, creating a triangular shape around him.
Youre brave, Ill give you that.-
Riku, Sora, are you two alright?-
Weve been better. Riku replied.
You two take it easy for now. Zhang Fei stated.
Well handle this from here on out. Guan Yu added. The key bearers watched as the three brothers drew nearer to Lu Bu.
Its villains like you who are responsible for the current chaos. Liu Bei declared. But Lu Bu only made light of his declaration.
Is talking all you are good for? he chuckled. If you seek power, then show your might!
Perhaps you havent realized, Zhang Fei implied, but we have you surrounded and we have you outnumbered.
Plus we three brothers excel in battle. Guan Yu added. You cant fight all three of us at once. There was a slight lull as the three drew up their weapons, ready for battle. Lu Bu only stood there. But he broke the silence with a sinister cackle.
It doesnt matter. He said, throwing out his halberd. Your numbers mean nothing! By opposing me, you are only marching to your own slaughter!
Enough blabbing, Zhang Fei rushed in, If youre gonna fight, then fight, dont talk!
Lu Bu easily guarded against Zhang Feis attack. He pummeled the muscled man to the ground. Guan Yu was the next to charge. He swung and thrust his Guan Dao back and forth, hoping to pierce his opponent. But Lu Bu easily pummeled him as well, knocking him back. Liu Bei charged forward, slashing at Lu Bu with very little result. The three men attacked from all three sides, but it seemed that Lu Bu easily thwarted them without breaking a sweat.
Face it boys, Lu Bu chuckled, You can never hope to defeat me!
Man, Riku said, running to Soras side, Ive never seen such a battle.
Lu Bu is fighting all three brothers off with very little effort, even after undergoing that earlier fight against all those troops and the two of us prior to this. Hes not a man, hes a monster.-
What about you, Sora? Riku checked the gash upon his friends back. How are you doing with your injury?
Honestly, I really thought I was a goner if Guan Yu hadnt stepped in.-
Well, this is Lu Bu were talking about.-
I cant believe that this is an earlier version of him and yet we didnt even scratch him.-
Incredible if you ask me.-
The fight between Lu Bu and the three brothers continued. Flashes of light, elemental drives, Musou charges, clash of steel, sweat and blood, all these elements made the battle intense. It was a grapple between four warriors who would soon become legends and whose names would reverberate throughout all of China for centuries to come.
You cant keep this up forever! Guan Yu declared. Youll have to give in sooner or later!
Like your idle threats worry me. Lu Bu chuckled. Youll only meet the same fate as these men.
But youre reaching your limit, Lu Bu. Zhang Fei said. I can already tell that your strength is giving way to exhaustion.
Is that so? Well, come and prove that I have lost my potency!-
Again and again, like raved dogs, the four warriors had at each others throats, but still no real damage was inflicted. For fifty bouts, one attack after another, they continued to fight.
Its hard to believe, Liu Bei thought to himself, Despite engaging in battle, without rest, prior to this right, and despite my brothers and I going all out with full strength, Lu Bu still manages to fend us off without any problems.
What power, Guan Yu complimented. Your skills are impressive, Lu Bu. Perhaps you are the mightiest man alive.
You flatter me, spinach chin. Lu Bu chuckled. And what you say is true!
But it takes more than just brute strength and the will to dominate to win a battle!-
Pretty bold words. What is it that you fight for that allows you to carry on like this?-
We fight for the preservation of this land and to restore the Han Dynasty to its former glory! Liu Bei declared. That is what we have vowed. We three brothers shall put an end to tyranny!
Such a lost cause, the Han is finished, theres no way it can recover from this point on!-
So long as villains like you thrive, the Han will never be restored.-
I am no villain. I am merely living my ideals.-
Is that so?-
And exactly what is it that you are fighting for? Zhang Fei asked.
You think Dong Zhou is the way of the future? Guan Yu added. Hes a blood-thirsty tyrant! He doesnt deserve you loyalty!
What exactly are you fighting for? Liu Bei asked.
My motives are simple. Lu Bu explained as he continued to strike and slash. I battle for the sake of battle. The urge runs through my veins. I fight for myself and only for myself! I do not care about Dong Zhou! Power and Justice can only be obtained through victory in battle!-
And it is that kind of selfish idealism that is bringing forth this era of chaos!-
Youre wrong. This era is caused by the egos of ambitious men. I fight for the sake of being the strongest. Therefore I side with the strongest! You fight to obtain justice and maintain the power of the Han. One way or the other, we both have ambitions. Whether they are a positive or negative objective, the nature of it is still the same.
But you must be reaching your limits by now, Guan Yu asked. Im sure that your strength is giving way with every strike you make.
Dont get too overconfident. You havent beaten me yet!-
But as what Guan Yu had stated, Lu Bu could not keep up a strong defense indefinitely. His power began to fade, dropping dramatically. After defeating so many opponents prior to the fight with the three oath brothers, Lu Bu began to exhaust himself. His reflexes, his defense, his speed, his attack, they all began to suffer with every blown blocked and every blow given. Every second passing caused him to lose energy.
Soon, after one last shove, no longer at the top of his condition, his constant battle giving way to fatigue, Lu Bu had no other choice, but to withdraw.
Have you had enough yet? Liu Bei said.
Ha, Lu Bu scoffed, I have no time for you worthless maggots! I have other matters to attend to besides dealing with the likes of you mongrels! Lu Bu drew his thumb and index to his lips and whistled loudly for his steed.
Red Hare emerged, flying over the heads of the three brothers. So gracefully, with accurate precision, the mighty warrior leaped into the air and landed upon the back of his stallion.
You might have bested me this time, but your efforts were all in vain! Ive served my purpose, but you would have been better off killing me instead! With that, Lu Bu galloped off towards Hu Lao Gate. The great doors opened and he rode straight through. But for a short while, he stopped his flee and turned about to confront the three brothers. Perhaps, Liu Bei, the ones you should you really fear are not Dong Zhou and I, but rather your allies.
My allies&? Liu Bei inwardly questioned.
The question is who will dominate when this is over? With that, the gates closed again.
Hes getting away! Riku shouted.
Lets go after him, brother! Guan Yu shouted suggested.
All forces, charge Hu Lao Gate! Liu Bei ordered. There is no need to fear their defenses anymore!
The coalition charged towards the gates, battling against the remnants of the defenses that were left. Now, with Lu Bu no longer defending the pass, breaking through the defenses would be easy. The coalition advanced before a hail of arrows and other incoming projectiles. However, their push was not as affected this time. Now, with Lu Bu out of the way, there was no real threat besides the archers who fired down from the wall. The allies unleashed their own volley killing hundreds of defenders in the process.
Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, and Sun Jian looked from afar as their troops began to gain ground, storming the walls and attempting to break the gates at Hu Lao. Lord Liu Bei has done well. Cao Cao said. He certainly has indomitable strength.
Hes only strong because he has his brothers to aid him. Sun Jian added. Its their unity that makes them a formidable force. Alone, theyd be vulnerable, but together, theyre an unstoppable team.
Yes& Cao Cao, however, was a little concerned with this so called unity between the three oath brothers. He inwardly commented, I just hope that those three dont become my enemies.
There is no need for strategy here! Yuan Shao shouted. All units attack, topple Hu Lao Gate!
The fighting continued between the defenders of Hu Lao and the allied troops. Riku and Sora, desperate to help did the only thing they could think of. The end the battle, they would have to break down the gates.
Stand back! Riku shouted. Well take it from here! The soldiers cleared the way as he performed Cinder Canister to use against the gate. Thisll take very last ounce of energy Ive got! He formed the flaming orbs above his head. Throwing both hands before him, Riku fired all the spheres at the gate all at once. There was a massive explosion of intense heat and an overwhelming inferno that singed the brick, incinerated the wood, and melted the iron hinges into formless blobs.
The entire top half of the gate was splintered while the rest of it tumbled to the ground. There was cheering from the soldiers as they watched the impregnable Hu Lao Gate fall before them.
Most impressive, Guan Yu said.
That was incredible. Zhang Fei added.
Come now, men, Liu Bei shouted, Forward to Luoyang and victory! He and his brothers led the charge.
The soldiers advanced in mass, despite the remaining enemy archers bombarding them from the walls defenses. They stormed through the entry way and easily fended quelled the remaining forces.
Riku in the meantime, fell to his knees and sighed. Sora put his hands upon his shoulders and smiled.
You did it again, Riku. Sora chuckled. We got them on the run.
Yeah& Riku didnt have enough energy to boast, let alone stand. He could only smile and watch as the flags of the alliance coalition were placed upon the defenses, claiming Hu Lao Gate for Yuan Shao and the others.
You two have done well. A voice said from behind. The key bearers looked to see Xiahou Dun and Cao Cao mounted upon stallions. It was Xiahou Dun that addressed them. I guess I owe you two and apology. You certainly arent novices. You managed to fight of Zhang Liaos troops and force them to flee You went head to head with Lu Bu of all people, and you even managed to destroy Hu Lao Gate by means of elemental chi. It is I who am the novice.
No need to let yourself down, Mr. Dun. Sora replied. And no need to thank us. We just did what we do best.
Well, I can tell you that you have done a good days work for today. Cao Cao implied. You two stay behind and get your wounds mended up. The rest of my men can take it from here.
We can still fight. Riku said.
And no doubt you can. But so far, you are the only two, besides Liu Bei and his brothers to actually go head to head with Lu Bu and actually survive to tell about it. You more than deserve a good days rest. Riku could only sigh and lower his head.
Thank you&-
Cousin, Xiahou Dun said, We must join with Liu Bei and the others.
Understood, Cao Cao replied. They thus continued riding alongside their men until they disappeared out of sight.
Cmon Riku, Sora remarked, helping his friend up, You need a good rest after that. You also need to get those injuries mended up. He slung Rikus arm around his neck and heaved him to his feet.
You dont have to do that, Sora. Riku replied. Youre in worse shape than I am, with that gaping cut in your side and all.
Ah, thats nothing. Ive had worse remember. Itll take more than this little thing to slow me down.-
Youre right,-
Close together, the two key bearers withdrew to the rear to seek much needed medical attention.

An hour had passed and things grew quiet. Now the soldiers were collecting their dead and healing their wounded. The sound of moans and shrieks could be heard from those mortally wounded. After a nice patch job with the doctor, the two key bearers assisted with the wounded and comforted them. The smell of blood and death was everywhere. The smoldering remains of war machines littered the ground. Tattered banners and broken weapons lay all about. After helping out with their tasks, the key bearers took a breather under a bare maple tree. Winter snow began to fall faintly, pelting the wounded with cold flakes.
These winter campaigns, Sora grumbled, I really hate them. It gets so cold at times.
I know what you mean. Riku added. Its seems like everything gets a little sluggish after a battle.
Just then, their conversation was interrupted by the galloping sounds of horses returning from the front. The key bearers and many of the soldiers looked to see who approached. Sure enough, it was Yuan Shao, Sun Jian, Cao Cao, and Liu Bei.
Make way, a soldier cried, Make way for the general!
The warlords halted their gallop, their horses bucking up and whinnying before settling down on all four limbs again.
I cant believe this has happened. Yuan Shao growled as he dismounted to stretch his legs.
It was all due to Lu Bus holding action. Cao Cao added.
Hey, you guys, Sora asked, Whats with the long faces?
Dong Zhou managed to get away. Liu Bei replied. The key bearers were shocked, along with everyone else.
He got away?-
Yeah, he withdrew from Luoyang, setting the capital ablaze when he made his escape.-
No, Riku was stunned, He burned the capital city? But why would he do a think like that?
He hoped to escape secretly amidst the flames. Sun Jain remarked. In most cases, he did get away.
Damn it, Yuan Shao shouted, Just when we were this close to eliminating Dong Zhou once and for all.
If Lu Bu hadnt gotten in our way, Cao Cao added, He is a stubborn man. And one who just wont go down.
Where are the others? Sora asked.
Guan Yu and Zhang Fei along with Lord Xiahou Dun and Lord Huang Gai are still at the front hoping they can begin a pursuit. Liu Bei explained.
At this rate, I highly doubt theyll make it. Yuan Shao said.
Do you want us to go and take care of things? Sora asked.
You two are still recovering from your injuries. Liu Bei said. Its best not to overdue things in one day you know.
Well be alright. Riku stood up and twisted about, showing that he was in top physical condition. Leave this to us.
Yeah, Sora agreed.
But& Liu Bei didnt feel comfortable sending in two wounded youths back into the field.
Aw, let them go. Cao Cao said.
But Lord Cao Cao&?-
Those two young men have the knack for battle. Let them do as they please.-
Still&-
Lord Liu Bei, I am highly confident that if we had more warriors like Riku and Sora, as well as your brothers and you, we would be able to settle this dispute with Dong Zhou in less than a week. Liu Bei could see it was useless to argue.
Alright, alright, he turned to the key bearers, You two can go.
We wont let you down! Sora said, saluting.
Just be careful.-
Right,-
The two key bearers scurried off. Liu Bei watched as they made their way to Hu Lao Gate before turning his back.
It looks like were back to the front. Riku said.
Lets give that Dong Zhou and one, two, three. But no sooner had they left for the front, they found themselves suddenly suspended and consumed by light. The key bearers were bewildered. They watched as the light consumed their limbs one at a time Riku, whats going on?!
Oh no, here we go again!-
I guess our task is finished in this world.-
That means theres only one more battle to fight.-
Liu Bei turned around again to see the key bearers on their way. By this time, however, Riku and Sora had completely disappeared and the light vanished without a trace. Liu Bei was curious.
Well, where did they go? he said. The other commanders looked at him. They then looked to Hu Lao. The key bearers had vanished.
Those two are fast, Cao Cao implied, Ill give em that.
Back to the matter at hand gentlemen, Yuan Shao implied. The warlords continued their meeting as if nothing had occurred from the start.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment