Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Cause and Effect

After the Battle of Long Valley, the KH team reached the waning stage of their adventure.

Chapter 9 - Cause and Effect

Chapter 9 - Cause and Effect
Cause and Effect



Soras eyes grew wide with fear and apprehension as he saw the two Saiyan Warriors appear from the debris clouds. Smirks on their faces, the two Saiyans, Nappa and Vegeta were not thirsting for a comeback.
Not bad, boy, Vegeta chuckled. Not bad at all. You certainly had us running for our money back there.
It cant be. Sora thought to himself, I put everything I had into that shot. Sora cringed as he gazed down at the ground. Damn, if only I had brought the rage collar with me before this simulation session started, I would have been able to unleash the rage and Saiyan devotion and inflict at least a significant amount of damage on them. But I only have the Musou Rage as my trump card this time.
I dont believe it. Krillin was terrified. Theres not a scratch on em.
If Sora couldnt even hurt them, even after going all out, Yamcha added, I wonder how the rest of us will favor against them?
There strength is insane. Piccolo implied in his mind. How could they withstand an attack that massive?
The Saiyans slowly approached.
I have to admit, Sora. Vegeta said as he and Nappa stopped in their tracks only twenty feet away from the key bearer, Youre strong, stronger than I originally thought. Quite a surprise really, but even so, your level of skill still pales in comparison to us. The only thing that you have managed to do is send you and your comrades out of the frying pan and into the fire.
You got that right. Nappa chuckled. Because you took out our Saibamen so quickly, youve sealed your fate faster than usual. Now, its our turn to battle. The large bald Saiyan turned to his partner. Hey, Vegeta, how about I take on these guys by myself for a while. Theres no sense in both of us having to stress ourselves out over this rabble. Besides, Ive been meaning to get some payback for that last little act of insolence
I suppose youre right. Vegeta folded his arms in front of him again.
So I have your permission to kill them then?-
Kill as many as you want, Nappa. Kill them all for all I care. But I caution you on one detail.-
Whats that?-
The Namek, Piccolo, make sure to keep him alive. Hes the only one who can tell us the whereabouts of the dragon balls.-
No sweat, Ill beat that walking mollusk into submission so he cant fight back. As for everyone else& Nappa advanced, leaving Vegeta to stand about, acting as a bystander. Now, Im not gonna waste any time to choose which one of you dies first, The large Saiyan glared at Sora instantly, Because I already know who it will be!
Without hesitation and without warning, Nappa charged the young key bearer. Sora immediately reacted. He unleashed his combination attack, Tundra Canister and Twister Strike. A swirling column of ice engulfed the Saiyan, but to no avail. Nappa charged through. Ice particles were attaching all over him, but did not decrease the intensity of his charge.
It cant be. Sora uttered. His attack, though devastating to any soldiers of the Imperial Axis, Heartless, or Nobody, proved ineffective against the enraged Saiyan. Nappa threw out his leg and kicked Sora straight in the gut. The key bearer flew through the air and tumbled across the ground.
No, Sora, Krillin cried.
Sora, Gohan added.
The youth skidded and halted upon the soil. There he lay, motionless. The Z fighters feared the worst for him, believing that he might have died.
Sora, Tien uttered.
That guy took Sora down with one kick. Yamcha thought to himself. He looked at Nappa who grinned like a jack-o-lantern. Hes something else. Hes a monster. If Sora could go down so easily with one hit, what chance do we have? Nappa suddenly glared at him. Yamcha backed off, his eyes wide with indescribable fear and terror.
Dont worry, friend, Nappa chuckled, Youll get your chance soon enough. He then looked at Sora who was slowly staggering to his feet. The result of the kick had hideous results. The armor had broken all the way through, shattering like glass, and pieces of metal were now lodged in the young mans flesh. Where the kick had made impact the jumper had been torn and Soras skin had turned an unworldly black and blue. Blood flowed from his mouth as he gasped and coughed, indicating that his body had suffered severe internal injuries and perhaps his organs had ruptured. But still, he stood up. Weary eyed and dying, he could only make a futile gesture, lifting up his keyblade for a defensive stance.
One kick, he uttered, How can I possibly deal with a guy that powerful all on my own. Ive never felt this type of pain since I battled Lord Cavendish himself.
I wonder about that boy. Vegeta thought inwardly.
Now you die! Nappa roared. The Saiyan suddenly unleashed a powerful energy beam from his mouth. Sora, unable to move, his body heavy, and his eyes not fully focused, could only watch helplessly as the beam came towards him. Almost as if time had slowed down to make a more epic demise, Sora could only smile.
Riku, he whispered. He looked at the lifeless body of his friend on the ground. I have failed you.
Within seconds, there was a blood curdling scream overwhelmed by the energy and the explosion that followed soon after. Only light was seen, followed sudden darkness.

The sound of the battlefield suddenly blurred, mellowing with every second passing. There was the maniacal laughter of Nappa in the distance, as if a dream or some nostalgic thought. Then there came the familiar sound of a large object. Like an annoying cuckoo, it clanged tic-toc-tic-toc. Sora opened his eyes. The chamber was illuminated by the transmutation circle designs about the chamber. There, above his head, the great pendulum swung back and forth. He had returned.
Im alive, he uttered, Im back.
Were back. A voice said. Sora turned to find Riku standing next to him. Sora, overcome with joy, leaped onto Riku and hugged him.
Riku, Riku, youre alive!-
Of course Im alive.-
I thought you were dead! I saw you die when that thing latched onto you and&-
I know, I know, it was frightening, Sora, but its alright. It was just a simulation. Sora looked to find that he and Riku were still in the Imperial battle uniforms they had put on in the morning when they started.
Im glad to see that you two managed to survive the simulation. Riku and Sora turned to see Thundro standing not too far away.
Thundro, Sora uttered.
How long have we been in the simulation? Riku asked.
Youve been in your trans for about twelve hours now. Thundro replied. Its evening at the moment, about six or seven I believe, somewhere around there.
That simulation, Sora said. It seemed so real.
Thats what the result was supposed to be. The simulation mimics what you would feel during a real battle, both physically and mentally. Did you feel pain?-
Yes,-
Did you feel emotion?-
Yes.
Could you distinguish that it was a mere simulation?-
Not really,-
We tried to persuade ourselves believing that it was just a simulation. Riku explained. But even so, everything we felt was so real. I didnt even think that we were in simulation, but a real live battle.
As expected, Thundro said. He walked up to the key bearers, placing his hands behind him. So tell me, how did it go? How did your battles go?
Well, The youths were silent, unable to bring themselves to speak. They couldnt really determine on whether their achievements were really victories or defeats.
Im sure that you did well, battling against very powerful enemies. Thundro turned away. Come with me. Rest for a while.
Yes,-
The key bearers followed Thundro out of the room and returned to the main hall. Sora and Riku sat down on a cushioned centerpiece. The Death Lord stood before them with arms locking each other behind him.
Now, lets analyze the battles one at a time. Thundro said. Since I had programmed the simulation, I will have a good idea of what had occurred. Tell me how the battle in the forbidden lands went?
Well, Riku started, though hesitant at first, we helped this guy, Wander, defeat these monsters called colossi.
I see.-
That fight was more difficult than we expected. Sora remarked. Those things nearly killed us.
Wander was hoping to revive his love, Mono, who was sacrificed for a cursed fate. Riku continued.
And what was the nature of the outcome? Thundro asked. Was it as you expected?
We thought that we were helping Wander fulfill his desire and help revive a life he held dearly. But instead, the opposite occurred. We later found out from this shaman, who appeared out of nowhere, that what we were doing was actually something bad, helping unleash this entity called Dormin. Dormin was actually a dark being who was sealed away centuries before. He tricked Wander into thinking that he could grant any wish he desired. As a result, because Wander defeated the sixteen colossi, Dormins power was resurrected.-
Those colossi were actually guardians, Sora added, acting as keepers for each segment of dark power that was once part of Dormin.
We helped unleash an evil in that world.-
We had to fight Dormin, even though Wanders body was acting as a host.-
And what was the fate of this youth? Thundro asked.
For some reason, he was sucked into this vortex and consumed by this bright light. Riku continued. When we later found him, he had been regressed into the body of an infant, an infant with horns.
I see.-
So all of his efforts were in vain, Sora lowered his head.
How so?-
Well, even after accomplishing his task and defeating all sixteen colossi, his wish was never granted. The life of Mono was not restored. We saw it, her lifeless body still lying on the alter where Wander put her in the beginning.-
So as far as we know, Riku implied, Wander is there all alone and helpless in the form of a baby.
So you say, Thundro suddenly smiled, but the reality is that his wish did come true. The key bearers were puzzled.
His wish came true? Sora asked.
How do you know? Riku added.
It is because the story of Dormin and Wander actually happened. Thundro continued. It was an actual event in that world.
But how?-
First things first, The Death Lord stared into the eyes of the key bearers, How do you feel about the outcome? Do you feel as if youve accomplished something or vice versa?
It was all just a waste. Sora replied. We helped defeat creatures that looked evil, but were actually good. We released a monster that was more insane than wise. A young warrior lost his body, mind, and soul to the darkness. We had to fight and defeat the monster, at the same time harming our friend. His wish was never granted and we had to leave him as a horned infant all alone and helpless with no care. As far as I know, hell be dead within a few days. I would hardly call that an accomplishment.
On the contrary, you spurred a chain of events that would have a significant impact in that worlds history.-
How so? Riku asked.
For one thing, Wanders love, Mono, was resurrected from the dead, perhaps a few minutes after you were sent to the next simulation. Mono found the baby Wander and took care of him, watching him grow strong. Thus, Wander matured again, but this time as a young man with horns. Thus, he gave rise to the bloodline of the famous and supposedly cursed horned boys.-
What does that have to do with anything? Sora wondered.
The shaman you met, Lord Emon as I recall, ended up spreading the word about the horned infant, calling him the offspring of Dormin. Thus, rose the belief that any boy who was born with horns was of Wanders bloodline and wielded the cursed essence of Dormin. Because of this cursed essence flowing in their veins, the people believed that the horned boys would bring famine and failure of crop and community. Thus, when a young horned boy reached his tenth birthday, he was bound and sacrificed, being left to die in an ancient ruin. Thundro turned about, so his back was towards the key bearers. It is believed that the one destined to break the curse would be denied his fate.
And whats the significance of this story?-
The boy who broke the curse of Wander and Dormin was named Ico. Immediately, the name stuck a chord in the memories of the key bearers. From what I understand, you were acquainted with Ico when you were battling against the Cavendish Shinobis six years before.
Are you trying to tell me that Ico is&? Riku uttered.
Thats correct, Ico was the one destined to break the lines dark fate. He is the ancestral descendent of Wander.-
I never would have guessed. Sora said. Ico was Wanders descendent?
So though you helped to resurrect a demon from his prison, you allowed a life of the future to be ordained. However, had you somehow prevented the events in that world from occurring, Ico would have been denied his right to exist centuries later. You might say that the outcome you believed as bad had some positive results in the long run.
So our deeds werent entirely in vain. Riku quoted from within.
Now, Thundro continued, let us assess the second battle you encountered with the same question. Did you find the nature of the outcome to your liking?
You mean the battle at Hu Lao Gate? Sora asked. He looked away before making eye contact again to speak. Well, it was a bit of half and half.
And why do you say that?-
Well, we did manage to win the fight for the coalition somewhat. We went head to head with this guy named Zhang Liao and managed to hold our own.-
Thats good then.-
But we blew it when fighting against Lu Bu.-
Even though this Lu Bu was weaker than the Lu Bu we fought, he still had that stamina. Riku said. Its hard to believe that he was so strong even back then.
But then those three brothers Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei managed to fight Lu Bu off and force him to retreat.-
So do you consider it a victory? Thundro asked.
For that moment yes, the battle was won. Rikus fist tightened slightly. However, the long run effect was anything, but a victory.
Why&?-
The guy in charge of Lu Bu and Zhang Liao, I think his name was Dong Zhou, managed to reach the Imperial capital and had it burned to the ground.-
Correct. Thundro put one fisted hand to his hip, while the other hung loosely at his side, giving him that upstart general look. In the end, the Han capital city of Luoyang fell to the torch. Dong Zhou then withdrew from Luoyang, taking the young emperor with him, and established the new capital at Chang An.
Well, what happened after that? Sora was curious to know. What happened in the end?
The coalition then divided and returned to their respected lands once again. Of course this conclusion shocked the key bearers.
You mean Dong Zhou actually wins?-
No, Dong Zhou is eventually defeated, but at the hands of the one person he never suspected.-
Who&?
Lu Bu of course.-
What, Riku uttered, Dong Zhou would fall at the hands of Lu Bu?
But I thought that Lu Bu was his adopted son. Sora said. I remember that being mentioned somewhere, I think by Sun Jian or Cao Cao.
But why would Lu Bu do that?-
It was for the sake of young woman named Diao Chan. Thundro explained. She enticed Lu Bu to turn against and oust Dong Zhou.
So everything turned out alright in the end then. Sora sighed relief, but Thundros stern look told otherwise.
No, Dong Zhous reign was only the tip of the iceberg. In later years, those men who had formed the coalition to fight against Dong Zhou would in proceeding years turn against one another. The key bearers were stunned again. Thundro continued his lecture. Cao Cao would soon turn against his close friend Yuan Shao and eventually oversee his defeat at the Battle of Guan Du. He would later found the Kingdom of Wei. He would then end up turning against Liu Bei and forcing him to flee into the southwestern regions of the country. Liu Bei would later establish the Kingdom of Shu. In the meantime, Sun Jian would establish his kingdom, the kingdom of Wu, in the lands along the Jiang Dong River, but would eventually be killed in one of his later military campaigns. His son, Sun Ce would rise to power and further increase the territory of Wu. But he too would succumb. Finally, Sun Ces younger brother, Sun Quan, took the role as the leader of Wu. Thus, the three kingdoms of Wu, Shu, and Wei were formed giving way to the famous Three Kingdoms Period. And in the years to come, all three kingdoms would do all in their power to assure the demise of the others. Though there were temporary alliances between them, the reality was that none of them fully accepted the others existence.
So what Lu Bu said was true then. Riku said. Thundros curiosity was perked.
What do you mean?-
He said to Liu Bei that it was not him or Dong Zhou they had to fear, but rather the allies who fought along side them.-
Excellent insight, Riku, such is the fate of ambitious men hoping to unify the land.-
But what ever did happen to Lu Bu? Sora asked. I mean, what would his fate have been like had he not been integrated as an assassin of the former Dark Empire?
From what the history books have said, the Imperial gave the insight of his knowledge, Lu Bu would gain a notorious reputation as a betrayer. The reason for this was because he always wanted to be on the side of strength, that way hed be able to guarantee his rise in power. As you know, Lu Bu in those days had a fear of death, which is the reason for his ruthlessness at times. In the end, however, he started to get out of control, both to his enemies and his allies. Thus, he was betrayed and captured by his own men, brought before Cao Cao and later executed.
Man, thats harsh.-
So I guess Lu Bus employment by the Dark Empire was really more of a godsend. Riku added.
More or less, Thundro remarked. Thundro placed his hands behind him again. Now, enough of that second assessment. Let us proceed to the final assessment, the battle against Nappa and Vegeta.
Great& Sora suddenly grumbled. His sulking quote made Thundro curious.
Is there something wrong?-
Well, that fight we never even got to finish.-
Is that so?-
Well yeah, Riku said. Those two Saiyans managed to kill us in the simulation.
Could you explain the nature of the fight?-
Well, we were met by all these guys. I guess they were Gokus friends. Then we confronted Vegeta, which I had a feeling started as a bad guy. He and his bald headed friend, Nappa suddenly unleashed these little green men that we had to fight.-
Saibamen I think they called them. Sora added.
Well, anyway, we managed to battle all of them at once. Until one of those little green bastards took me by surprise and blew up in my face. I think I died after that because I saw only darkness.-
You did die, Riku. Then I tried to avenge you and defeated the remaining five. I even tried to shoot down the Saiyans. But I only managed to anger them even more. Then that Nappa guy suddenly attacked and kicked me in the gut. That kick actually broke through the armor I was wearing. After that he killed me with a beam from his mouth. Before I knew it, I was back in the pendulum room.-
I see, Thundro pondered, trying to visualize the battle.
But how in the world were we supposed to fight against those guys. Nappa just took me down with one kick to the gut and that was pretty much it.-
Then its a good thing that you were wearing that battle armor.-
But that battle armor made Piccolo and those other guys suspect that we were Saiyans. Riku said. Why couldnt we have been given some other types of uniforms like what the rest of the Z fighters were wearing?
The reason for that was because I knew you wouldnt have been able to withstand the impact of a punch or a kick from those Saiyans without them. Had you not been wearing that armor, Nappas foot might have gone all the way through, Sora.
I never thought of it that way. Sora said, His face turned a pale blue. If I hadnt been wearing that armor, things might have been a little messier than what happened back there.
Exactly,-
But what was the significance of that battle? Riku asked.
I wanted to show you that sometimes battles dont always turn out the way you expect them to. Despite your determination, you knew from the start that your chances of actually winning were slim.-
Thats right,-
So let me ask you this, if you knew from the start that the chances of you surviving, let alone winning were non-existent, why is it that you continued to fight?-
Well, because it was the right thing to do.-
We couldnt just let Piccolo and the others fight the battle on their own. Sora said. Thats why we stayed to help. Besides, we thought that if we put our mind to it, we might have a chance to actually win.
So would you say that it was a matter of pride as well as duty? Thundro pondered.
Yeah&-
Thats very good. And in the end, you died with honor.-
So whats the story behind that fight? Riku asked.
The Z fighters did manage to fend off the Saiyans, but at a heavy price. Thundro pondered again. How many men were present when the battle began? The key bearers pondered, recalling the number of warriors who were on the field.
Id say about six of those Z fighters were present.-
That meant that by the time Goku had returned to join the fray, two thirds of the men who engaged in that fight with Nappa and Vegeta would lose their lives. Riku and Sora couldnt believe what they heard. Out of the six that Z fighters that were there, only two would survive. Then, counting their own deaths, it was a total of six losses. At times, boys, battles cannot be won without a great deal of sacrifice.
I never would have thought of that. Sora said.
Well, thats enough for today. Thundro implied. He turned away from the key bearers once again. There is supper waiting in your quarters, gentlemen. I placed them on your bedside tables. You will eat and retire for the night.
You mean its over for today?-
Dont expect the same treatment tomorrow, Sora. Tomorrow is a new trial you have to face.-
Oh&-
Then we take our leave, Thundro. Riku replied.
Dont address me with such informality from now on, boys. The youths were curious. Since I have taken you under my tutelage, then I expect you to show a great deal of respect in return. From this point on til the day you depart, you will address me as Master Thundro. Thundro then glared at them. Do you understand?
Yes, Sora uttered.
Yes what?!-
Yes, Master Thundro& Sora felt a little uncomfortable addressing a Death Lord as Master, but then again, he really had no other choice.
Then be on your way.-
Thank you, Master Thundro. Riku and Sora made a respectful bowing gesture before retiring to their quarters. Thundro watched as they entered their room and closed the door. He then withdrew to his own room, a smile upon his face.
So far, so good, he muttered.

The key bearers turned in, closing the door behind them. They ate their set meals, which were still warm, then turned in to bed. Riku was the last to hit the sack. After a jostle with the provided tooth brush, swirling it about his pearly whites, and after a quick gargle, he sat himself upon his bed. Wearing only his jeans as night attire, he laid his head on his pillow. Sora was already half asleep. He turned and watched with half open eyes as Riku tucked himself in.
Hey, Riku, Sora said, What do you think Thundro has in store for us tomorrow?
I dont know. Riku replied. Well just have to wait and see.
What did you think of that pendulum room?-
Well, Riku thought about what he had experienced that day, I dont know about you, Sora, but I dont care if that was a simulation to strengthen our mental abilities. Those battles seemed so real, I thought they actually were happening.
Yeah, me too, I could feel the pain, the stress, the emotion. You never would have thought it was a simulation. Sora looked up to the ceiling. I wonder what the next challenge will be.
Probably as grueling as the last one, if not worse, Riku turned to his side, facing Sora. Well never know until tomorrow.
Yeah, He pondered a final through in his mind before giving his thoughts a rest.
So what do you think, Riku?-
About what? Riku wondered.
About this whole Master Thundro thing, do you think thats going a little too far with the authority on Thundros part?-
I am a little uncomfortable addressing an Imperial as Master, but then again we dont have much of a choice. If we want to beat Saber, then well have to undergo whatever abuse Thundro throws at us for the time we spend here. He may be the only one to help us. Besides, he may be an Imperial, but hes not a sympathizer anymore. He turned away from that path long ago.
Yeah, I guess you got something there. Thundro isnt your average Imperial Lord anymore. Sora made a bid yawn and put the blanket close to his chin. Well, good night, Riku.
Good night, Sora.-
They made themselves comfortable and were fast asleep. Of course, weary minds tend to slumber faster. However, it was later that night that Sora had that terrible dream.


Where am I? Sora thought. He looked about to find himself alone, engulfed in a thick cloud of fog. Hello, is anyone out there?! There was no response, only silence in the lingering of shadows and the thick mist.

Sora, Riku, a voice cried out, I cant find you, where are you! Sora immediately recognized the tone of the voice that called him.

Kairi, where are you?-

I cant find you?!-

Stay where you are, Kairi! Ill find you!-

But no sooner had Sora fumbled about, he heard Kairi scream. The shriek caused Soras spine to stiffen. The cry was like that given when inflicted with a death blow. Sora feared the worst and rushed towards the area where he thought he heard Kairi. He was panicked stricken, fearing for her life.

Kairi, Kairi, he cried, Where are you?! Kairi, Kairi, please answer me! But not only silence surrounded him. Then another voice cried out.

Sora, it cried, Help me, theyre killing me! It was the voice of Riku.

Riku, Sora could hear his friend in pain, perhaps near the brink of death. Riku, Im coming! Kairi, hold on! Ill find you too!

Sora, cried Kairi,

Sora, hollered Riku. But the mist was too thick.

Then came the sound of a distant battle and carnage, the sound of a thousand men having at each other. Death cries and war cries were heard. Sora ran towards the carnage. But it seemed that the closer he got to the fighting, the further it seemed to go away. Finally, the screaming and sounds of carnage ended and again all was peaceful.

Kairi, Riku, anybody, Sora cried, Please talk to me, where are you?!

But he suddenly stumbled. Sora looked to see what it was he had tripped over. The mist seemed to give way for a moment. And when it did, the young key bearer beheld a horrific sight. A dead faction soldier with eyes and mouth open wide, displaying the final death blows before the last breath was given. The slain soldiers pupils were a pure white, his lips were a death blue, and his limbs were mangled about in semi-rigor mortis, stiff and gnarled with hands clutched in a claw like form. He was dressed in a black frock with green trim, indicating that he was a trooper of the Aryan Faction. There was a deep wound in his chest, indicating that hed been struck in the heart. At his side was a fallen sword.

Sora then looked to his front. The ground seemed to disperse the mist as if a magic spell was cast to withdraw the fog. Thus, the clearing revealed a scene more terrifying than the solo body of the slain soldier. Before Sora, were the mangled bodies of thousands of soldiers, much like the scene he witnessed at Agrabah, China, Lyzand, and Long Valley. Fallen weapons ad tattered banners either lay aside the one who wielded them, or lodged in the ground and draped over the dead like unfurled death shrouds.

In the distance, a flaming inferno appeared, further dispersing the mist. It was a town, a settlement that set ablaze. The longer Sora looked at the inferno beyond the corpses, the more the structures of the town seemed familiar. Just then, it hit him, he knew what town burned. And when he did, his heart sank with fear and sadness.

My God, he uttered, Thats my home. The town that burned before him was the little inhabitance which he grew up in. He ran to it, fearing the worst. He reached the settlement, fire billowing up and roaring with great ferocity. Structures crumbled around him. Amidst the chaos, he heard what sounded like clashing steel intermingling with the blaze. Sora, drawn by the sound, searched for the clashing amidst the flames.

He eventually came to what once was a town square. And there clashing before him were two warriors. He looked at them and recognized one of them. One of them was none other than Riku.

Riku, he cried.

Sora, Riku shouted, stay back!

Whats going on? Who is that guy?!-

Its&

But before proper explanation could be given given, Riku was suddenly stabbed in the gut.

No, Soras eyes grew wide with fear, watching the blow delivered. There was a death throw as Riku grasped at the sword thrust into him.

Sora, he gasped before going limp upon the blade. Sora only watched helplessly as his friend hung, impaled at the end of a sword. He looked at the individual who had dealt the blow. To his worse fears, he beheld the face of the murderer. He too was Riku. But unlike the Riku Sora knew, this Riku had the glowing eyes of a heartless. The Dark Riku withdrew his sword from his others body and let the lifeless body fall to the ground. He then looked at Sora.

Now its your turn. The Dark Riku replied.

You bastard, Sora growled, drawing out his keyblade, You killed Riku!

And unfortunately for you, youre next! The Heartless like Riku rushed at Sora, ready to deliver a significant blow.



Sora, Sora, Riku cried, Wake up, wake up, buddy! He held down Sora as the youth kicked about in his bed.
Riku, Sora shouted, still in his violent slumber, Riku,
Sora, wake up! Eventually, Sora did wake up drenched in a cold sweat. He looked up to see his silver haired comrade looking down at him. Within moments of laying eyes upon him, Sora began to cry. He arose from bed and threw his arms around Riku, embracing him tightly.
Hey, hey, Riku tried to push him away, but took no further action to repel the young man as he heard Soras sobbing.
Youre here, the youth sobbed, Youre still here, Riku. This is not a dream.
Its alright, Sora. Riku padded his friend on the back and pulled him away. It was just a dream.
I thought, I thought that you were&-
I was what&? But Sora thought of the consequences that might arise if he told. Thus, he didnt take the liberty to explain his dream to Riku, fearing what he would think in the long run.
It was nothing.-
Are you sure?-
It was just a nightmare thats all.-
Well, go back to sleep, Sora. Riku advised. Everythings alright now.
Yeah, youre right. Thanks Riku. Sora lay his head back on his pillow. Riku smiled and returned to his own bed.
Little did both of them realize that the racket had aroused Thundro from his own slumber. And now the Imperial was standing just outside the door hearing everything that was going on. Without whispering a word, he walked back to his chamber.

The next morning, the key bearers awoke again after a restless night, dressed themselves into their Imperial uniforms and assembled at the main hall where Thundro was again waiting for them.
I see you have decided to wake up on time today. Thundro said.
Yes, Master, Riku replied.
We didnt want to undergo what happened yesterday, Master Thundro, sir. Sora added.
Very good, Thundro said. Youve learned from your mistakes then. Thundro pointed towards the north corridor. Well, shall we, gentlemen?
Yes, sir, both key bearers declared.
Follow me. They once again entered the northern corridor where the four chambers resided. They went straight ahead to the silver door. This is your next challenge, boys. Are you ready?
Yes, Master, Sora addressed.
Then lets proceed.-

The next challenge&The Gravity Chamber

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment