Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Improvements

After the Battle of Long Valley, the KH team reached the waning stage of their adventure.

Chapter 13 - Improvements

Chapter 13 - Improvements
Improvements


So, Thundro said, What have you gained in your time within the chamber?
It was definitely a new experience. Sora said. It was as you had said, that chamber is full of the unexpected.
At times we didnt know what to think. Riku added. The climate changed dramatically with the atmosphere in separate intervals. We encountered specters and illusions that werent really faint apparitions.
At times, I thought we were gonna die in there.-
Did you have an urge to escape and end you training? Thundro asked.
Many times, there were those moments where I was on the brink of madness.-
And what stopped you from losing your mind?-
It was those thoughts of home and the people we left behind. Riku said. But most importantly, it was each other. Sora and I had no one else to comfort us, but ourselves.
So do you think your friendship has strengthened? Riku and Sora looked at each other and smiled.
I believe so.-
Thats good then, because when it gets down to it, there are only two people you can trust, yourself and the man next to you. Thus, you must entrust even your faith and your life to your own mind and the mind of your companion. Thundro put his arms behind him. Im sure that you have undergone a great deal and what you have encountered in there will remain confidential amongst yourselves. But for now, I would like to see how much youve progressed. I sense a great deal of improved strength from you. I would like to see how it favors in combat. Thundro turned towards the door leading to the gravity room. Let us head towards the gravity chamber and give your new found strength a test.
The three entered the gravity chamber. Thundro inputted the data for the required gravity, five times the normal level. The effects of the pressure could now be felt. But unlike the day before, Riku and Sora werent wavered by the sudden change. They no longer staggered. Thundro was impressed.
I see that you two can withstand five times the natural gravity. He remarked. Your stamina is certainly an improvement from the other day. Yesterday, you could barely even stand in five times the natural gravity.
We encountered those numerous changes in pressure while in the hyperbolic time chamber. Sora implied. Its not surprising that we can withstand the level.
The question is will you two be able to move swiftly in this type of gravity? Again, Riku and Sora looked at each other and gave that impetuous smirk. Thundro immediately knew that the task was a simple matter to them now. He said nothing though, allowing the key bearers to wallow in their achievements. The Imperial drew out his double blades. Now, do you two still have those orbs I gave you?
The key bearers drew from their pockets, the orbs that were passed to them by Thundro the other day. They tossed them up into the air and allowed them to freefall back down. Just then, they drew out their keyblades and extended them outward, catching the orbs without sounding a ring from the bell inside, or letting the surface clang. The orbs remained stationed on the area to which they landed.
Thundro was again impressed, but he showed no real outward enthusiasm.
Youve improved well. He chuckled. But let me ask you this. How good are you at balancing the ball upon the shaft of your weapon?
Theres only one way to find out. Riku said.
Dont get too overconfident, boys. Youve only been battling each other for the passed year in the chamber. After a while, you become accustomed to the others tactics and movement. However, fighting against someone like me will be slightly different.-
Well never know unless we try. Sora declared.
So be it, lets see what youve got! Thundro attacked both key bearers head on. The key bearers in turn reacted, tossing their orbs into the air again. The battle began just as intensely as the first time they engaged. But Riku and Sora were able to maintain the balance between themselves and the atmosphere. Though their orbs jangled at times, they managed to keep them balanced upon their blades. The key blades were now no longer a weapon. They had become the extension of their arms, a part of their body. And Thundro could see it as he battled ferociously against Riku and Sora.
Theyve vastly improved since the last time. He thought to himself. Riku and Sora have gained a new strength. They have learned to use the keyblades to the point that the weapons have become a part of their body. They can feel the slightest vibration in the air and know how to interpret the impact upon their weapons. Thus, allowing the orbs to fall gently upon their arms. They have leveled equally their mind, body, and spirit. Most excellent, Thundro smirked behind a stern glare. Not even Guentory had ever excelled this much his first time. He barely even managed to stay in the hyperbolic time chamber for even half a day. If there is anyone who can defeat him, itll be Riku and Sora. Still& Thundro again pondered. This is but a simulation of a battle. A real battle, however, will have its tosses and turns. But Ill let that off for the time being and allow these young men to boast their gains.
After ten minutes of battle, the fighting suddenly ceased and the two sides were at a stand still. Riku and Sora posed their keyblades and caught the orbs, letting them land softly upon their weapons shafts. Thundro smiled and stuck his swords tips into the floor of the chamber, letting them stand without attendance.
So what did you think? Sora asked.
I have to admit, you two. Thundro applauded, clapping his hands. You have done exceedingly well. You have gained a great asset in your arsenal. I can see that your time in the hyperbolic time chamber was not spent of tomfoolery.
We underwent a great deal of hell while we were in there. Riku replied. The key bearers took their individual orbs and placed them in their pockets.
So, do you think were strong enough to absorb those orbs of yours now? Sora asked. Thundros look turned stern.
Youve improved a great deal, boys. He declared. But you havent improved enough to take in the Immunity Orb. You still have a while longer.
But weve gained so much. I think were ready.-
Believe me, youre not ready yet.-
But you saw what we were capable of, Master Thundro. Riku remarked. We can balance the orbs on our blades and we can move swiftly without much trouble in five times the natural gravity level.
That may be so, Riku. Thundro assured. But you have become accustomed to those conditions because you had been exposed to them throughout your period in the time chamber. Real battles, as you should be aware by now, have different elements. The only thing you can rely on is the here and now. You have to think and predict. Strategy is only good for the commander. But its up to the quick wit of the single warrior or soldier that determines how individual confrontations are decided. You should know this well since you have experienced those sensations for yourselves. Thundro picked up his swords. Allow me to give you a demonstration of what I mean. Thundro suddenly began to increase his energy. The key bearers readied their weapons.
This power, Sora said, Ive never felt anything like this.
Its a strange power. Riku added. It has a distinctive nature to it. I wonder what it is that Thundro will show us.
Suddenly, Thundros body split into two. The key bearers were stunned, no knowing what to make of what they were witnessing. Thundro emerged, separated into two separate entities.
You thought that fighting one Thundro was hard, lets see how good you are when fighting against two.-
There are two of them now? Sora uttered, sweat dripping down his temples.
Impossible, Riku uttered, He cant do that, can he?
Well, he did it.-
This time, boys, Thundro declared, I will not hold back! This time, you will be fighting for your lives! This time around, I will battle you and I will kill you!
You cant be serious.-
Watch me. Thundro chuckled. The two separate Death Lords charged with incredible speed. Sora and Riku quickly reacted as best they could. Now, because they were fighting against two Thundros, the task had increased a great deal more. The Imperials slashed and spiked at the key bearers, hoping to impale them. At times Riku and Sora were cut across the face or on the shoulder, or on other part of their body. Their flesh drew blood and they realized that what Thundro had said was true.
Hes not bluffing. Sora was apprehensive now. He really intends to kill us this time.
If you plan on winning, you better be ready in two ways. Thundro said. You had better be ready to pull out all the abilities you are capable of. And above all, you better be ready to kill me. Dont hesitate on account that I am teaching you. Consider me your enemy and fight whole heartedly.
Very well then, Riku charged head long against the second Thundro. But for some reason, his body suddenly felt heavier and he could barely move. What is this? I cant move.
Me either, Riku. Sora added. But why?
Now die! Thundro shouted as he split halves attacked the key bearers. Riku and Sora saw that their lives were in danger and quickly evaded to the best of their abilities. But they evaded only by a few inches. Had they delayed any longer, they might have lost a limb to Thundros blade. Not bad, boys.
But why all of a sudden cant we move?-
Havent you realized yet? Thundro thumbed to the gravity simulation. The reading gave out ten times the natural level. I made sure to put the gravity pressure on random from a scale of one to ten. In other words, the gravity will very. This in turn will affect your reaction time just as it had a minute ago.
Thats not fair though!-
In battle, there are no such things as being fair. The one who is well prepared the most is most likely to be the one who succeeds. You must expect the unexpected and take nothing for granted. They battled again. This time the two young warriors were at a complete disadvantage. They converged back to back as they saw the two Thundros approaching.
We have to get out of this. Sora said.
I know. Riku replied.
Do you have any ideas?-
Theres only one way I know out of this, the Evasion Technique.-
Yeah, lets do it.-
Unleashing the attack, Riku and Sora used the technique, using light and shadow to evade, confuse and strike the two Thundros. But to their dismay, the conclusion was a reversal. It was they who were pummeled. The two Thundros landed without a scratch.
But how did he&? Riku uttered.
A tactic that didnt even work on the mighty Lu Bu, Thundro said. Did you really expect it to work on me?
But that attack worked almost every time in the past. Sora gasped.
It just goes to show that if you rely too much on a specific tactic or technique, it becomes your greatest weakness and the enemy eventually catches on. Thundro eased himself and merged into one being again. He then sheathed his blades. The key bearers sat up. In this case, you have used that Evasion technique so many times that its reputation has spread even to the most isolated of regions. To add, you are talking to one of the legendary and infamous Death Lords. I am not as easy to fool as the rest. Most importantly, it is advisable never to show your best techniques unless necessary. This is a Shinobi method, never to display techniques and skills with such flamboyancy that your enemy will catch on to the secrets behind the ability and exploit its weaknesses for a countering measure. You must obtain a large plethora of abilities, one slightly altered than the other. This way, an enemy cannot guarantee a successful counter.-
That sounds like Triikens Noctin Exmortin. Riku thought to himself. Hes able to change his attack maneuvering each time so his enemy wouldnt be able to interpret the timing and technique.
Also, another lesson to learn is to not become accustomed to any one technique of your foes. If you do, you will start to think that thats all they are capable of. Ergo, when they pull something out thats completely different from what you usually expect, the outcome can be fatal. In other words, never assume that your enemy has limits.-
I see, Sora said.
Also, two very important factors are always to be considered, but in most cases are seldom practiced, even by me.-
Whats that?-
The first is that you are not to become too overconfident in your own abilities. You yourself may think that you might not have limits, but in reality you do. Yet youre not fully aware of them. The second is not to prolong a battle for the sake of your own pleasure.-
What do you mean?-
In other words, do not extend a battle just for the sake of showing off your invincibility and expressing your overconfidence. It has happened numerous times. You yourselves have encountered this before, with both yourselves as well as your foe. Delaying a battle will only allow your opponent to find another opportunity to regain strength or discover a counter that would lead to your downfall. If you find the opportunity to end the battle, do it without delay.-
Thats what Ive always wondered. Riku said. Why is it that fighters prolong the battle?
It is because they want to take in that moment of weakness when their foe is powerless to stop them. They find that their dominance and superiority is an invigorating sensation and they want more of it. But such a sensation is not worth sacrificing your life or your cause over. Act quickly and end quickly, that is the number one priority of any confrontation. Thundro put his hands behind his back. He walked up the key bearers and healed their wounds by means of his energy. Now, enough of this regimen for one day. I will allow you two to rest for today, after your strenuous time in the hyperbolic time chamber. Ill give you boys a haircut and you will be free to do as you please. It you want to do a little more training, then so be it. If you want to have an extensive day of rest, then it is done. If you would like a nature walk in the forest beauty, be my guest. This will be the one day that I will allow you to gallivant.-
Thank you, Master Thundro. The key bearers stood up and bowed.
I have fresh uniforms in your room. You look disgraceful with those tattered rags. Riku and Sora looked down to see their outfits pocked with rips, tears, and holes.
I guess youre right. Sora replied with a sheepish grin.
Go on, boys.-
Right, the key bearers withdrew to their room, looking forward to a day of rest.
For the rest of their time in Thundros domain, Riku and Sora would improve a great deal.

However, looking upon their distant home on the Destiny Islands, a different endurance was taking place. And it was one that was not as sheltered.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment