Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

This is the first fanfic i ever posted. I sorta wrote it on a whim and it's kinda hasty but please be kind and comment k? Oh! and umm, i'm a meani butt so, i'll only write more if you BEG me to! SO HA! lol jk but please tell me if u want more.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


As Zell and Camria sat together, they talked. Zell found out that Camria was an artist's apprentice from Dollet who had come to draw the beautiful coast, and for her own enjoyment and excitement, to draw some of the indigenous monsters.

“After Galbadia invaded, I had to put my career on hold and help rebuild the town.” She told him,” But now that that's all done with, I'll be able to finish my apprenticeship!”

“Sounds great!” Zell replied, ”Just remember to tell me when you get famous ok?”

Camria laughed, “ Alrighty!” she said.

They talked for a bit longer, until it started to get dark. When Camria noticed the time, she said that she had to be going, because she would be missed. But before she left, Zell talked her into seeing him again, ”Next time I'll come to Dollet ok?” he said, ”How about we meet up at the Pub down there?”

“Sounds good to me! Tomorrow then?” she asked.

Zell nodded and Camria waved good-bye as she walked away. Zell smiled to himself, feeling extremely happy. He started to walk up the street, and was about to turn onto the road leading out of town when he heard a scream coming from the train station. It sounded like Camria! He thought, so he spun around and ran down the other road to the train station. When he got there, he was surprised at what he saw. A man was stalking toward Camria who, clutching her arm, cringed back in fear. Zell didn't hesitate; he ran up to the man and punched him… His jaw flew right off!!!!

“Whoa! What the hell!?” Zell exclaimed as he jumped back, as the thing took a mad swing at him. Zell did a round house kick and took it's head clear off. The body stumbled about for a moment, but finally fell with the help of another of Zell's strong kicks. After the corpse lay still in a puddle of green-tainted blood, Zell walked over to Camria, who was utterly shaken up.

“Are you alright?” he asked Camria. She nodded but did not say anything. Zell looked at her in concern, “Come on,” Zell said as he helped her up, “I'll take you somewhere safe.” And they walked down the street to Zell's mom's house.

“Mom, I'm home!” he called as he looked in the kitchen where she could normally be found… No mom.

“Mom, you here?” still no answer, “Ah, well I'm sure that she'll be back soon.” As soon as Zell finished his sentence, Camria collapsed on the floor, unconcince Zell ran to her and lifted her head up. She looked feverish and this made Zell worried.

It was then that he noticed a wound on her upper arm. Green stuff was oozing out of it and the puncture marks reminded him of bite marks! He lifted her up off the ground and moved her to the couch. Then he ran into the kitchen to get a wet cloth. He came back to Camria to clean her wound up. Did that man bite her? He asked himself. Then he remembered the symptoms. Camria was inflicted with Zombie!!!! Luckily, Zell found some herbs and quickly gave them to her. Then, Just for good measures, he cast Ensua on her. Thankfully, in a moment she awoke.

“W-what happened?” Camria asked shakily.

“Don't worry,” Zell replied, “ You were inflicted with the Zombie virus. You'll be fine now though, I cured it”
She smiled, “Thank you.”

“No problem! Now, how about I take you back to the train station hu?” he asked.

“Sounds good to me!” Camria answered. So she and Zell went outside and down the street. But they didn't get far when they were attacked again. The zombie lunged at Zell who dodged out of the way. Camria picked up a plank of wood that she had found on the ground and whacked the zombie across the face. This gave Zell the window he needed to drop kick the bastard's head to the ground. They did not stop to celebrate because more Zombies were coming their way, so they ran.

“Where are we going?” Camria asked as they ran down the road.

“Garden!” was Zell's one-word response. They were almost out of town when Zell stopped short, making Camria bump into him.

“Z-Zell, what's wrong!?” Camria asked. He was staring at someone who was blocking the way, a woman…

“Mom…” Zell said. It was obvious that she was becoming a Zombie. Zell ran over to her and tried to give her some herbs, but it seemed to have no effect. So he tried using Ensua… Nothing!! It looked as though the transformation was nearing completion. Zell tried using Ensua once more, but it was too late, the transformation was finished!!! She lunged at Zell who grabbed Camria and dodged past her and ran out of town.

Once they were far enough away, they slowed down. Camria stopped to catch her breath,”W-what happened!?” she gasped.

“I honestly don't know.” Replied Zell. He took a few steps down the path and looked at the ground, “Mom…” he said sadly. Camria looked up at him. Poor guy, she thought, I know how he feels. She walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. She leaned down so that she could look up at his face, which was looking at the ground.

“Hey, I know what you are going through right now Zell, but do you think that you are able to go no? I do not think that this is the best time though think of sorrow.” She said this with the utmost care and understanding, and Zell saw that. Her words seemed to give him strength!

“Yeah, I'm good. Are you alright?” he said, putting his hand on her shoulder. Camria nodded solemnly. “Good,” Zell continued, “ then I think we should get moving!” he said as they started walking. Away in the not-so-far distance, they say Garden, shining like a beacon in the ever-increasing darkness of the new moon.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

bluefairy421 on May 4, 2006, 10:18:07 AM

bluefairy421 on
bluefairy421That's really good! I like it! I think you mean Esuna though not Ensua. Otherwise, nice job!

Blue Fairy