Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The secret

Shadlin was raised by cheetahs in the Valley of Avalar but what secrets lie ahead?

Chapter 5 - The secret

Chapter 5 - The secret
"What may that be?" Shadlin asked.
"Well, you see, you told us you wanted to look for your parents and invite them to live here, didn't you?" Cheif Prowlus asked.
"Why yes, yes I did," Shadlin answered.
"Well, you see. The reason you landed here was because.... because.... they were killed when trying to get you to safety," he replied. Shadlin was shocked.
"No! No, it can't be!" she cried.
"And anyway, how do you know?"
"We heard screaming outside, and two dragons were flying away from grublins. They were killed but we had no idea that they were your parents."
"We thought you had been killed, too." Shadlin lay down on a rock and stared at her reflection in the river. Why did it have to be her? Why oh why oh why. Chief Prowlus walked quietely away and left Shadlin alone for a while. She was a kid now, after all. The only family she knew was the cheetahs, and they weren't even proper family. She had to get them to search out the rest of her family, but she wanted to stay in the exact place she was noe, the place she called home. Meadow was walking uo to her.
"I know how it feels," he said.
"Yeah, but I have an idea. We should search out the rest of my family if I have any left, and ask them if they want to live here with us. I shall never leave here, it's my home," she solemnly replied.
"Well, let us do it! Tomorrow morning after breakfast, we shall venture out to dragon village!" he said.
"Ok. Deal! Let's tell the rest of the tribe first," Shadlin said excitedely. So they told the rest of the trible and they were happy to help. Shadlin was ecstatic! Her real family! Oh, what a joy!
"If they accept the request, then Shadlin will have her own kind to live with. But if they say no, they either want to stay where they are alone or with Shadlin. She is not leaving us until she is old enough to find her own home," Hunter explained. The others agreed.
"So, tomorrow it is!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment