Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Warning Tide

The war between Earth and DIAMOND is more extensive than you know.

(This story is based on another that has not yet been completed and is subject to change)

Chapter 1 - The Warning Tide

Chapter 1 - The Warning Tide
Marquvia, the 2nd Unichain Headquarters Bureru of the Starsystems Federation, which controls majority of their major foreign operations since it is the 1st successful fully settled colony planet of Earth. The colony has been standing for over 30 years with a population of 4 billion. The planet's surface is covered with 98% water and is home to many of the Federation's Naval Forces. Currently charged with its protection is the 310th Special Defense Task Force "SeaSharks" under the command of General Kevin Marshall.


AcT I The Approching Storm


'I better enjoy this sunshine while I still can...' Was the soundless thoughts of the man that stood, leaning against the guard rail of the observation platform. The twin suns hanged in the sky, one shining brighter than the other as the waves gently rolled against the support pylons below. In the distant horizon, massive dark clouds dominate the horizon and lighting began its slow climb down its anvil towards the dark base that hovered above the water. It would be about half an hour before the cloud would begin to loom over the bright sunshine that lighten the base. He nor the others with him, would know what the true storm was, that was approching them. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of the waves, followed by the flapping slaps of the Giant Federation flag nearby.

The man turned as a bark disturbed his thoughts. A german shepard came troting up to him and looked up at it's master with a greeting smile like look. The man kneeled down and rubbed its head with both hands.
"How ya doing Debra" He said giving the german shepard a goofy smile. She barked again and licked her master's face. He laughed as he gave the dog a hug and sat down with her. Debra sat down next too looking out towards the sea as thunder flowed along the waves from the distance.
Another set of footsteps came towards him.
"Hey General." A voice spoke.
The man and Debra looked at him. The man was dressed in an onduty, USSF uniform, his collarbadge flashing rank of ensign and carrying the stripe of security. The young guard didn't feel very imtimidated by the man who ranked far above him, in another league totally.

General Kevin Marshall, dressed in cilivian clouthes stood up and brushed his clouthes off and greeted the security ensign with a smile.
"Hey ya. Decided to skip out and check the bright sunshine before checking in?" Kevin asked.
He shook his head and scratched it sheeplishly.
"Nah, I'm actually here to get ya for Lieutinent Lakesay. Says you got 3 calls" He said.
Kevin nodded.
"Aye, for who?" He asked as he motioned for Debra to follow him, who troted happliy towards.
"You'll see when were inside sir." He said with a chuckle as he opened the autodoors for him.

[United Starsystems HUB Marquvia]
-SO (Siturations Room)|
[Starsystems Seabase "Cardinal"]
|||| 3:10 za

Kevin walked down the coordoor, guards saulting as he walked into the SO, the starbase's Operations center and main monitoring room.
"Henry" Marshall said as he walked up the stairs in the center and shook hands with a thick but semi skinny officer that stood before him.
"Who's on the line now?" Marshall went on after shaking his hand and turning to the main screen.
Henry looked at him, facing the same direction.
"Your Wife on Line 1" He started.

"That's not good..." Kevin said breifly.

"Your ex-wife on line 2"

"That's worse.."

"And Admiral Langston on Line 3."

"Tell him I'm not here. I'm off on a very important assignment." Kevin said with a impish grin.

//Not yet, you will be General.// A deep voice came over the speakers as a face of an elderly man in uniform poped up.
Kevin's grin quickly went streight and he whispered.
"He was on the line the entire time?"
"Yes sir.."

"...the wife?"

"No sir."

"The Ex-wife?"

"No sir. They're on hold."

"Okay good...tell'em I'm in the middle of a very important call." He then looked up at the screen.

"Admiral Langston. Sorry about that." He said. The Admiral nodded in a slight chuckle.
"No worries, General. That last part is true tho, this is a very important call." He said.
"Well, go ahead and lay it on me, sir. What must I blow up today?" He asked.

//No fire mission or anything, altho, I am asking that your alert level be raised.// Langston spoke.

Kevin's face went serious as he said that. Was there going to be issues soon?

//GHOSTCom has picked up a whisper at the boarders of your HUB territory and have classified as a possible FUS (Fleet of Unknown Ships).// He said.

Kevin frowned. That was the last thing they needed, espcially with back up over 100 Light Years away on another duty.
"Terrfic news to hear..." He said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

//They did say it was just a whisper so it might be nothing. DIAMOND's main force has their hands full with our forces in the Saifar System. We don't have any other reports tho, which is good.//

"But what, in the event of attack, would the best reinenforcement scenaro?" Kevin asked.

//Im fully aware that the nearest Friendly Fleet is at concerning response distance from you in the sight of that event, however, their presence is nessaray on their current mission.//

Admiral Langston paused for a moment to fix his glasses.

//What I can do, is redirect two fleets that should be heading towards your position soon and have them assist you, should you be attacked.//

Kevin took a breath of relief for a moment. It wasn't that he had a very small belief that his forces wouldn't withstand an attack, but seeing how the majority of the planet's HDF (Home Defense Fleet) was water-based, most would be sitting ducks to any Anti-Sea ships on DIAMOND's side.
"What are the fleets?" He asked.

//The 188th Boarderguard and the 220th Tactical Fleet. I know its a bad mix-match, but with what we have right now, they're the best I can give you.//

Well, it didn't lower his hopes too much. Tactical fleets were good for off battle-site support and have some good ships. Boarderguard Fleets are hardened in defensive methods. Their prime line of ships are mostly Heavy Haul destroyers or a Heavy Haul Cruiser.

"Well, if its the best, then its what I'll deal with." He said.

//Godspeed, Marshall.// Langston said then the transmission beeped and closed.

Kevin rubbed his head as Lakesay looked to him for any extra words. He looked to him.
"Call for Lieutinent Commander Shelly and the avalable Colonels, to the Conference room for briefing." He said.
"Yes sir. What about the wives?" He looked at him.

"...put Marcy on Line 3. Tell the Ex I'll have to call her back." Kevin replied then snapped his fingers, signaling Debra to follow, who was trotting right after her. He walked into the elevator and took it 3 floors up to the conference room hovering the control center.

He walked over to the main table as he tapped the holopad that said Line 3. A small warping like sound occured as a holographic screen materialized infront of him, displaying connection data and the picture of a beautiful woman.
"Hey baby." Kevin said sitting down.
"Hey, love. I know you've been busy, but you aint called me in a long time. I miss you." She said in a velvetly, smooth voice. Her long Cherry red hair lightly swayed on the screen.
"I know, I'm sorry Marcy. Its been pretty quiet out here, but my guardian ships are off on another assignment so they want me to stay on base til they get back." He said.

"Its because your the most vaulable person out there, that's why." She said with a giggle. Kevin smiled.

"Yea. That too." He said.

Kevin had been married for well over 5 years now and still crazy in love. Most Generals, usually married for 20 years or so, can't make it past 3 by still being in love and being away from each other. Marcy was a unique one, once in the Federation as a Captain over her own ship. She resigned from that position and became a seasonal Liason to Starsystems when she got married and Kevin had been promoted to General a month later.
The terminal beeped as they were talking to each other, signaling another call.
"Hey darling, I'll have to get back to ya alittle later." Kevin said as he checked the ID on a smaller Holoscreen

[TO BE CONTINUED - STAND BY FOR UPDATES]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment