Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - The First Step

This is just a fan fiction and a game idea. I have been coming up with a lot of them lately. =3

Chapter 0 - The First Step

Chapter 0 - The First Step
" I have always had that feeling... you know. Like I was being followed. Its was... was... terrible. Especially when i was younger,cause I would see things in my room. It wasn't just at night either, I hated to be in there at all. My parents told me it was just my imagination. that my young mind was making this stuff up. I had to make myself believe them... until i couldn't see anything anymore.
For 2 years the visions where gone, but i could still feel them around me... one in particular. A dark skinned man, bald... wearing what looked to be shackles on his neck and shoulders. His eyes wear so dark... as if they weren't there. Even so I could see a faint glowing in the center of them. like his pupils gleamed. He had the most frightening look of hatred in his eyes.... pain and hatred and malice.I can describe him perfectly"

"And why this one? Why could you see this one so clearly in comparison to the others" the doctor ask chewing on his pen.

"I don't know.... but I saw him only once. Just before I made my mind up to try to focus the images away. I was looking in the mirror one mourning after waking up when i swore i saw someone walk past the door behind me. I wasn't sure so i put on my glasses. When i looked at the doorway I saw one standing there, but i couldn't make it out..."

The doctor looked at me and put the pen down to pick up his glasses of water. "So... when you put your glasses on you could see everything...but what you where trying to look at?" He takes a drink.

"Y-yes... I think. It was the only time I tried it. Everything was out of focus but they.... image, when i was looking in the mirror."

"So you took the glasses back off then?" He takes another drink and begins coughing a little.

I started shaking then... the thought was all to unnerving. "Yes. And when I did..."

"You saw me." He said.

My friend looks at me as we walk to the store. "Wait... the doctor said that?"

I pause. "I thought it was the doctor that said it at first... but he was choking on some... water... so I knew he couldn't speak."

My friends eyes widen and she covers her mouth. "So it was..."

I nod.

"OH MY GOD,' she yells scaring a nearby business man, ' that is the scariest dream I have heard in a while. You need help..." She say with a smile.

"I'm serious Onn! That dream really... it really upset me."

"Oh c'mon... it was just a dream! I know all the stuff about you seeing things actually happened... but that was years ago. You haven't been back to that doctor, in like forever."

I look away and nod. "Yeah... "

We keep walking, taking our time to enjoy the weather. Its was nice to be out here with Onn. She had been my best Friend for years and was the only person who hadn't totally freaked out when I told them about my... visions. She had a strange feel about her as well. As if she had been through something similar before. If she had she never told me,though.

"Hey! Is that new camera?" she says looking in my bag... she is so nosy sometimes. I just smile at her.

"I wouldn't exactly call it new Onn."

"Yeah... your right. This thing is ancient. Very retro."

"Retro do you even know what that means?" I said giggling softly. Onn Shrugs and puts it back in my bag.

"I found it near my old house."

"Spook central again? Don't you ever think of anything else?' She shakes her head at me.' Maybe its time for another appointment with your shrink."

I frowned at that. "You know he died last week..."

Onn freezes... "What? How?"

"He drowned... in his bathtub."

"You mean like your dre..." She stops, and this time I know she is serious about what she feels. "Oh wow... I... I'm sorr... "

I just walked past her after that. I didn't want to hear an apology. I wanted to hear her tell me how it happened, even though I knew she couldn't. I never told her it wasn't a dream. I didn't tell my doctor it actually happened during our session 2 weeks ago. How I saw him die right there when he asked to see my glasses. I thought it was just me... thought I had just imagined it you know. But, after see the news report on it... I was beginning to see things again. Not only that I could faintly hear and fell things too. It was rare that I ever took off my glasses after that night. They helped me focus on the real world and blurred out anything else I might happen to see in the shadows.All t his talk about the past was making me uneasy. That why we where going shopping, to help me clear my head.

We finally got there and things seemed to brighten right up. This place was like a safe have an for me. Even if there was anything in the store, there was so much hustle and bustle about I didn't even notice it. I saw Onn look down at my bag and takeout the camera again.

"Wow... the lights glowing."

I stopped for a moment. That was an older model camera... the shouldn't be any lights like that on it... let alone work. I began to wonder why i even carry it around with me.

"Hey let me try out your camera. Maybe It still have some life in it."

I let the thought go and smiled. "Okay."

"Now try to be natural." Onn said trying to sound like a french photographer. I stood straight and smiled, with a flash she took the picture.

"Wow!" i said surprised "That was a bright flash. How did I... look."

Onn had froze... she didn't move a third of an inch. Her eye sat fixed on the camera.

"Onn? Are you okay?" No answer. I noticed she wasn't looking at me...be just over to my side... like something was there. "Onn your scaring me... Onn!"

Her head begain to move looking slowly down the isle. She never spoke aword and barely breathed. I knew what she was looking at... I didn't want to take off my glasses.

"Hhhhhhh.... Hhhhhhhh..." She tried to speak, her head continuing to move down to the end of the isle. My eyes teared up and I looked down taking off my glasses. I took a deep breath looking down to the end of the isle... and shadowy figure disappeared around the corner.

I saw the eyes again... and now my friend had seen as well. We stood for along time... a very long time until finally Onn put the camera down and spoke.

One word... one word "Him..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment