Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A New Beginning

Shiv was never really the romantic type... until one day when he met another Bang Baby, in an unusual situation...

Chapter 2 - A New Beginning

Chapter 2 - A New Beginning
1. A New Beginning

        Different. Weirdo. Freak. Ever since the Big Bang, people have been throwing these barrages of insult at metahumans. Today was no different. 17-year-old Chloe knew this as she walked down the street, a few people making some nasty remarks about her. She began to think about the time when she wasn't a Bang Baby. Okay, so her life wasn't all that great. But it was a heck of a lot worse before the Big Bang.

(FLASHBACK)

        Chloe stood with her back turned to her sister, arms crossed.

        ``Will she ever shut up?''

        It had been one month since their parents died, and things weren't going too smoothly.

        ``Ever since Mom and Dad died you've been really mean and you never play with me anymore and you'd always yelling at me when I don't do anything at all and I don't know what's wrong with you but you've changed!'' Her younger sister blurted out. It didn't make matters any better.

        ``Shut up. Just shut up. Shut up right now.'' She didn't say anything back to her sister.

        ``Don't ignore me like that I KNOW you can hear me! See, there you go again, being mean to me, and you're never nice anymore why not huh? Why aren't you nice anymore why why why why WHYYY??!!''

        Chloe couldn't take it anymore. She turned around and burst out shouting.

        ``Don't talk to me about being mean! Mom and Dad are the ones who left forever and left me in charge of you! I'm sick of it! You're a big girl; you can take care of yourself now leave me ALONE!'' She stormed out of the house and slammed the door, grumbling as she walked. She made her way to the docks and meandered around. There were a couple gangs around the area, nothing new. They started fighting. Still relatively norm. Then police choppers started to arrive. With missiles. Now THAT was not typical gang banging procedure. She noticed some tanks sitting on the docks, behind the gangs. Probably containing some sort of chemicals, she thought to herself. And then it happened. The helicopters fired the missiles, and they went past the gangs and right to the tanks. The tanks exploded, and the formerly liquid that was they were containing changed its form to gas and went out through the docks and the area surrounding. Most of the gang members passed out, including Chloe. The Big Bang had happened.

        Chloe opened her eyes. An entire day had passed, and she was still at the docks. It was dark out, as she slowly sat up, rubbing the back of her head.

        ``What happened here?'' She thought, looking around. Everyone that was here before was gone. The tanks were gone, and the docks were charred black from the explosion. She got up and started walking around. Everything seemed relatively normal. She started to come back into the city. Walking past a store, she stopped to listen to the news report on the TV that was sitting in the window.

        ``After yesterday's incident at the docks, named `The Big Bang','' The female reporter began. ``Hey, I was there...'' Chloe thought to herself. The newsperson continued. ``Many of Dakota's young people who breathed the gas, which was recently discovered to be mutagenic, have been hospitalized. Even more bizarre is the fact that some of these people have changed form, mutated. Some have even gained `superpowers'. Locals have given them the name Bang Babies. More on the Big Bang issue at nine.''

        ``Bang Babies, huh?'' Chloe said. ``They're lucky. I'd do anything to have powers.'' She said, and continued down the street. She walked passed a mirror, glancing into it while walking, then stopped, and ran back. She stared at herself in the mirror. Her previously brown hair... was now a shimmering blue. ``Okay... this is different.'' She said, fingering her hair. She heard something booming in the distance. Looking over, she saw fireworks lighting up the sky. ``Heh, cool. I love fireworks.'' Just then, she felt something crackling by her hand. Bringing it up to her face to look at it, her eyes widened. There was a bright pink aura glowing around her hand, and miniature fireworks of all different colors popping and fizzing around it. Chloe reached out her other hand to touch one of them, then drew it back quickly when it gave her a slight shock. Actually, it was more like a tingling feeling, like when your hand falls asleep. She grinned, and did it again. She looked around to see if there was anybody around. Thankfully, there wasn't. She outstretched her hand, concentrating all her thought on these might-be powers. A few fireworks shot forward, like a roman candle. Grinning broadly, Chloe ran into a nearby alley, found a ladder, and climbed to the top of the building. She stood on the roof, watching the fireworks, and shouted jubilantly at the top of her lungs. ``I'M A BANG BABY!!!!''

(END FLASHBACK)

        Chloe smile as she reminisced about the event. A lot had happened since then, and Chloe had changed. She wasn't the same snotty, vengeful shark she was before. Now she was actually enjoying life. She was a happy, giddy, fun-loving Bang Baby, always looking for a challenge, or something fun to do. But nothing compared to the challenge she was about to face.

A/N: Hmm... That first chapter sounded a lot better when it was still in my head. But I finally forced myself to sit down and actually write it out. And yes, she is going to have pretty much the same mentality as Shiv. Don't blame me `cause I've got the same mentality too! But back to the story-talk. Okay, so the next chapter shouldn't take as long since I actually know what I'm writing. And what a perfect day to update; right after the marathon! Shiv comes in the next chapter, so keep reading, and please tell me what you think!

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Bikewriter on June 28, 2007, 7:19:38 AM

Bikewriter on
BikewriterThe name Chloe doesn't really fit the character and when you write the name has to fit the person unless its a horror book.

Starwolf24 on September 14, 2005, 10:28:30 PM

Starwolf24 on
Starwolf24COOL STORIE! CHECK OUT MINE! ok so it's not that long ^^' Im gonna write more today!

Nightbird on August 22, 2005, 2:06:09 AM

Nightbird on
NightbirdI think that Chloe is going to be a really cool character.

richiefoleyluver on August 8, 2005, 11:25:32 AM

richiefoleyluver on
richiefoleyluverluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv it

Shiv_Freak on June 11, 2005, 1:08:04 AM

Shiv_Freak on
Shiv_Freaksk8trchick131313 >> yeat I noticed that the pics don't show up either. But I fixed it 'cause I think I used the wrong format. I save mine as .rtf (rich text format)

heartless-sinner on June 10, 2005, 3:43:41 PM

heartless-sinner on
heartless-sinneri love the first chapter and so now i am goining to read your third! ^-^

sk8rchick131313 on June 10, 2005, 2:10:31 PM

sk8rchick131313 on
sk8rchick131313oh yeah, and what do you save your stories as, bc mine all turn really weird once i get them online, but no one will tell me how to fix it! *pouts*

sk8rchick131313 on June 10, 2005, 2:08:45 PM

sk8rchick131313 on
sk8rchick131313wait, how did you fix it? *gives puzzled look* because i noticed about every other story and picture i looked at for the past week wont show up on the screen, and thats just....weird

Shiv_Freak on June 10, 2005, 1:40:36 PM

Shiv_Freak on
Shiv_FreakYeah I know, I have no clue what happened, but I fixed it. ^_^

sk8rchick131313 on June 8, 2005, 11:22:00 AM

sk8rchick131313 on
sk8rchick131313wait, where's the story???? ok, this is weird, bc the page isnt there or smth.....