Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Shiv Meets his Match

Shiv was never really the romantic type... until one day when he met another Bang Baby, in an unusual situation...

Chapter 3 - Shiv Meets his Match

Chapter 3 - Shiv Meets his Match

Chapter 2: Shiv Meets his Match

        ``AAAAHHHH!!!'' Shiv screamed, as Static's blast sent him flying through the air in the alleyway, and he landed against the wall and was knocked out cold.

        ``That'll teach you to mess with me again!'' Static said, before taking out the rest of the Metabreed, who soon ran away. About a half hour later, Shiv opened his eyes and sat up painfully, propping himself up against the wall and rubbing the back of his head.

        ``That was very unpleasant.'' He said, standing up and going down the street into the city. ``Why is Static always picking on me? It's not like I ever did anything to him.'' He shuddered. ``Unhappy thoughts. Not good! Not good!'' His pace picked up into a light skip, and he smiled broadly on his way home. ``Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la...'' was his little ditty.

----------

        Chloe was walking down the street, looking for something to do.

        ``Bored, very bored.'' She started walking a little faster, before breaking into a full-blown skip. She even started singing. ``La, la, la, la, la...''

----------

        Shiv continued his trip through the city, head held high, eyes closed, and absolutely no sense of direction.

        ``Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la...''

---------

        Chloe was traversing down the street with her song, when she heard someone else singing.

        ``Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la...'' She looked around, but she couldn't figure out who it was. With a shrug of her shoulders, she continued her skip.

---------

        Shiv started to hear someone else singing.

        ``La, la, la, la, la...'' He opened his eyes to see who it was, only to see the person face to face, and then running into them. With a squawk, Shiv bounced back and toppled over onto the sidewalk. So did the other person. He sat up, groaning and rubbing the back of his head again.

        ``Aww, man, twice in the same day!'' He looked over at the person he had run into. She had long, shimmering blue hair that went a little ways past her shoulders, bright green eyes, and fair skin. She was wearing dark green pants, black boots, and a half-sleeved purple top with a mandarin collar. Looking back at her face, he saw she was wearing silver earrings that dangled down an inch or two, and a rainbow colored firework at the end. Shiv was gaping. He'd never seen anyone like the before. And she was quite pretty, now that he thought about it. Was she a Bang Baby?''

        ``Come on Shiv, get a hold of yourself!'' He told himself in his mind. He slapped himself across the face, screamed, then jumped to his feet, straightening out his jacket and smoothing his hair back. His hands were trembling, as he cleared his throat. The girl sat up and looked at Shiv.

-----------

        Chloe took a look at the boy. He looked about nineteen or so, with deep-set black eyes, and a hairstyle that she couldn't really describe with words. It had an ultramarine hue.

        ``Okay, he has blue hair.'' She thought. ``That's cool.'' He was wearing a white t-shirt under a red three-quarter-inch sleeved jacket, with black cuffs and a black band across the bottom. He was also wearing a pair of pants the same color as the jacket, and black slippers, oriental-style. Looking at his face again, he had slightly tanned skin, silver hoops on each ear, and a goatee the same color as his hair. She gazed at him one last time, and said

        ``Hi.''

-------------

        The girl said hi to him. Shiv squeaked. He felt like running away screaming, but he didn't want to give a bad first-impression. He played with his earring a few seconds, then cleared his throat again and held out his hand.

        ``I'm extremely sorry about that.'' He said, blushing a little.

        ``It's okay. Really. My name's Chloe.'' She said, taking his hand. Shiv pulled her up.

        ``I'm Shiv.''

        ``Shiv? That's a cute name!'' Chloe said. Shiv put his hand to the back of his neck and blushed.

        ``Sooooo... how old are you?''

        ``I just turned seventeen last month. Ummm, so do you know about The Big Bang?''

        ``Boy, do I ever.'' Shiv said. A small light-energy heart slowly rose into the air behind him. He quickly turned around, saw it, and squawked, waving his arms to dissipate it. He turned back to Chloe. ``Uhh, I mean, ummm...'' He smacked his hand on his forehead.

        Chloe raised an eyebrow.

        ``Oh really? Well...'' She held up her hand, as mini fireworks danced and fizzled merrily around it.

        Shiv looked at the fireworks for a few minutes, and then grinned.

        ``That is so awesome!''

        ``Really? You think so?''

        ``Totally!!''

        ``Cool! So, what's your power, light-boy?'' She said smiling. Shiv blushed.

        ``I can make light-energy. With my hands. See?'' He held up one arm, and his hand morphed into a saber.

        ``Ooo, that's so cool!'' Chloe exclaimed. Shiv blinked.

        ``Really? You like it?''
        
        ``Totally totally.'' Chloe said with a grin. Shiv smiled, as the saber blinked out.

        ``Yay!''

        ``So that's where your name comes into play, right Shiv?''

        ``Yeah, in a way.''

        ``Would you mind if I asked what your real name is?'' She asked. Shiv thought for a moment, then turned his nose up, closed his eyes and folded his arms across his chest.

        ``That's something only my closest friends know.''

        ``Well, can we be friends?'' Chloe asked with a hopeful smile. Shiv snapped back to reality and gave her a big smile.

        ``Totally totally totally!!! I don't have any friends! Well I have friends, I guess if you really wanna call them friends. Metahuman relationships are somewhat mutual; you know what I mean? But you, Chloe, I think you and I could be great friends.''

        ``Yeah, I know what you mean about mutual metarelationships. I know one or two, but we hardly ever see each other, and even when we do it's mostly just small talk, if not getting into fights. But I'm so happy; now I've got a friend too! And I think we're a lot alike too. Not just with our powers and everything, but with our personalities too...''

        ``Yeah, I think you're right. And I really hate to say this, but I gotta go right now. I was just in a fight with Static with my group and got whacked out pretty bad. When I woke up the other two were already gone, so I was on my way back, and that's when I ran into you! And if I may be so bold, this has been the best day of my life.'' This time Chloe blushed.

        ``Honestly, I feel the same way about it. Wait a minute... group?''

        ``Oh, well actually it's more like a place for me to stay; I just help out when they go on robberies and stuff like that. No offence, but I'm not a hero.''

        ``Oh, is that all? No problem, and you don't have to worry about being a bad Bang Baby. I'm not a law-follower myself. If that's okay with you.''

        ``Chloe, I couldn't ask for more.'' Shiv said, grinning. ``But I gotta go. When can we meet up again?''

        ``How about tomorrow?''

        ``Tomorrow? Yeah, that works! Tomorrow it is! I can introduce you to the Metabreed, too!''

        ``Sounds great! I'll see you then!'' She started to walk away.

        ``Wait! Where do you want to meet?'' Shiv asked. Chloe stopped and smiled over her shoulder.

        ``Don't worry. I'll find you.'' She said. Shiv blinked, and then grinned.

        ``That works.'' Chloe ran off.

        ``Bye Shiv!'' She said, waving. Shiv put his hands to his mouth and shouted.

        ``My name's Scott! Scott Takoshi!'' She disappeared out of sight. Shiv jumped up and spun around, threw his fist in the air, gave a whoop, and ran home.

A/N: Wow... I whipped up this chapter in like... a couple hours. That's great! Well, are these two smitten or what? (wink) I think so... Do you think I got Shiv's personality down? Please let me know what you think!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Nessieluv123 on October 11, 2005, 12:48:44 PM

Nessieluv123 on
Nessieluv123*squeal* YOU GOT SHIV PERFECT! And I think they are so cute together ^_^!

Nightbird on September 4, 2005, 2:08:28 PM

Nightbird on
NightbirdI think that Shiv was convayed perfectly. LOL Their the cutest Bang Baby couple (my second is Aquamaria and Hotsreak)!

Nightbird on August 22, 2005, 3:06:30 AM

Nightbird on
NightbirdI love this keep up the good work. I can't wait 'til the next one. As for me I'm working on Sparks's Dcu animated design but school starts tomarrow so I'll have less time to do stuff.

heartless-sinner on June 10, 2005, 3:53:26 PM

heartless-sinner on
heartless-sinneri wish i could skip down the street singing...of corse i would totally get wacked! ^-^ awesome chapter!

sk8rchick131313 on June 10, 2005, 2:18:35 PM

sk8rchick131313 on
sk8rchick131313oooh, i LOVE this story! yeah, those two are really smitten all right. aww, i cant wait until the next chapter...keep writing!