Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Second Meetings

Shiv was never really the romantic type... until one day when he met another Bang Baby, in an unusual situation...

Chapter 4 - Second Meetings

Chapter 4 - Second Meetings
Chapter 3: Second Meetings

The next day, Shiv was still sleeping when Ebon stood next to him, kicking him a few times.

“Get up, Shiv, I’m not telling you twice.” He kicked Shiv so hard he rolled off the mat with a squeak, and got tangled up in his blanket.

“Eek! Get it off!” He screamed, struggling to get out of the blanket. Ebon grabbed it and yanked it off Shiv, and he rolled across the floor and sat up in a dizzy spell. “Whoa… what a wake up call!” He said with a grin. “So, what’s on the agenda for today?”

“We’re going on a little shopping trip…”

-------------

Chloe walked down the street, wondering how in the world she was going to find Shiv on her own.

“Why the heck did I say ‘I’ll find you.’? How am I gonna do that? -sigh- Hmm… well, maybe I’ll think of something later on in the day. I guess I’ll just…go shopping.” She shrugged, and continued down the street, stopping at, and going into the Dakota Hills Mall. She meandered her way through the mall and seated herself in the food court.

Suddenly there was a loud explosion, and millions of purple streamers began floating to the ground. Chloe reached her hand out, palm-up in front of her, as one fell into her hand. It flickered for a few seconds, and then slowly faded away. Looking up, she could see Shiv seated in a tree, throwing the light-streamers to the ceiling fans and spreading them around the room. Two other creatures soon came into view.

The first was a woman; bird-like in appearance. She wore a light purple halter-top, with dark purple capris, and had red hair pulled back in a ponytail on the top of her head. Her feet, which were also shoeless, were clawed and a little fuzzy. She had big black eyes, and wings that were attached across her arms, like a bat’s wings are.

The second character could only be described as a shadow. Originally running across the floor as a black liquid substance, he rose up to a standing position in human form, and looked around the room. His entire person was pitch black, with a violet outline. You really couldn’t see details very well, but what you could see was tight braids pulled across the back of his head, and somewhat baggy pants, army boots, and a sleeveless jacket. He stood up tall and proud, with a build between average and skinny. And his eyes were narrow, and glowing white. They were the only facial features you could see.

Chloe observed as these two metahumans, as they obviously were, began to rob the mall. The bird-like one started screeching something horrible, causing concrete to crumble at its intensity. The shadow would manipulate his form, gaining the ability to pass through virtually any substance, whether it be the cracks in a door frame, air vents on the ceiling, or simply flowing along the ground as a black goo.

Suddenly the mall doors flew open, and in flew a super hero on what looked like a manhole cover.

“Great…” Chloe thought to herself. “Just what I need. A Static disturbance.” She slowly backed away and hid behind a garbage receptacle, watching the scene.

Upon seeing Static, Shiv jumped out of the tree and started throwing ninja stars at him. The young hero couldn’t dodge forever, and eventually the disk he was riding on was hit, and he was down. Shiv ran back to the tree he was previously in and looked it over. Grinning, his right hand morphed into a light-chainsaw, and he cut down the tree, as it toppled towards the hero.

“Timber!!” He shouted, laughing. Static looked up just in time to create a force field to keep the tree from crushing him, and Shiv and the other two metahumans ran away before he could get back up. Chloe sat there for a few minutes, and then jumped up and ran out of the mall after Shiv. She spotted him walking down the sidewalk and ran after him.

“Shiv? Shiv!”

--

Shiv turned around when he heard his name, and saw Chloe, running after him and shouting his name.

“Chloe!” He said, running up to her. “What are you doing here? How’d you find me?”

“I was in the mall, and I knew it was you when the streamers started floating…” She replied with a grin. “Then you left so quickly, so I had to follow.” The other two metas turned around, and the shadowy one spoke up.

“Shiv, who’re you talking to? Quit wasting my time.”

“Oh, go on ahead without me. I’ll catch up.”

“Suit yourself. But make it quick.” He said, as the other two went on.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. So! How are you, Chloe? What’s up?”

“Oh, I’m doing fine. Nothing interesting happening yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. By the way, who were those other two metas you were with?”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I told you I’d take you to my group, didn’t I? Come on!” He said, grabbing her arm and running down the street. He took her to an old deserted subway station. “Well, this is the place. I know it’s not much, but it’s home.” The two walked inside, and Chloe saw the previous two metahumans waiting for Shiv. The shadow spoke again.

“Shiv, what took you so long?” He spied Chloe. “And who this young lady?” He said, flowing across the ground and rising up behind her. Chloe shrank a little, and Shiv put a hand on her shoulder.

“This is my new friend Chloe,” He said, smiling at her. “I met her yesterday…well actually, we kinda ran into each other and knocked each other down, but…I guess that counts as meeting! We’re best friends now.”

“And now you’ve taken her to our hideout. Nice job, Shiv.” The meta turned his back to them and walked towards another door. “Kill her.”

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Froze8 on November 30, 2005, 4:53:43 AM

Froze8 on
Froze8What happened! I must know! Is she a goner!
Froze8

Starwolf24 on October 1, 2005, 8:24:50 AM

Starwolf24 on
Starwolf24AHHH!!! I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!AHHHH!!!Great story tho!!!

Nessieluv123 on September 29, 2005, 12:30:45 PM

Nessieluv123 on
Nessieluv123Oh what a cliffhanger! If you dont update soon... um... I'll explode due to suspense.... yes. Well shiv is sooo like well shiv! *drools over pic of shivvy* BYE!

richiefoleyluver on September 17, 2005, 7:44:43 AM

richiefoleyluver on
richiefoleyluverhey cool story im makeing a storywith u in it u come in in chapter 2 and u r my cousin so can u put me in to plez and thanx

oh and i loooked at ur pics cool

Nightbird on September 16, 2005, 3:45:38 AM

Nightbird on
NightbirdYour story is so great like I said yesterday you captured Shiv's personality perfectly and Chloe rocks! I love 'em. Can't wait 'til the next comes.

Nightbird on September 16, 2005, 3:45:35 AM

Nightbird on
NightbirdYour story is so great like I said yesterday you captured Shiv's personality perfectly and Chloe rocks! I love 'em. Can't wait 'til the next comes.