Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Main Case: Mission start...

Ok! This is my first FAC story so please comment! You would have wanted to know some things about Detective Conan, I do make referances to past cases. But heres a story with Sato and Takagi and others that you'll find out about later!

Chapter 2 - Main Case: Mission start...

Chapter 2 - Main Case: Mission start...
It was early one Friday morning; Ai and Conan were walking to school wondering how the day would turn out. Normally they would be walking with Mitsuhiko, Ayumi, and Genta while talking about recent cases, but today was career day at their school and they were with their parents. Conan and Ai were both dreading it, Agasa was out of the country and Kogoro just didn’t want to go (what else is new). But with out anyone there, questions will be raised. What would they say, Ai could say her parents died in a car crash, it was the truth after all, but Conan couldn’t say that! If the others let something out it could get messy! He could just say they were overseas, but he been saying that for far too long! What were they going to do! They were thinking when they looked up to see Takagi and Sato walking together while looking around for something. Ai and Conan knew right away what the story would be, today Takagi and Sato had planed to go on a date, and many other officers also took the day off and checked out stakeout equipment, just another stakeout date. Just then they looked up to see the two troubled kids, so they ask what’s wrong. They soon explained that they have no one for career day, excluding the parent questions issue. Takagi and Sato’s eyes lit up, this was what they were waiting for, a chance to get in the inside and find out the story. They volunteered to be the guests for the day. Confused, Conan was questioning how they could do a presentation on the fly, when Ai gave them the answer; “You just want to get away from the stakeout don’t you?” They ran with it and soon were walking off with the others.

They soon arrived at the school, watching as the other families came in one by one. They checked in there shoes and where soon in the classroom. Mitsuhiko, Ayumi, and Genta were shocked to see officers Takagi and Sato there, but soon were too overexcited to care. Career day at there school was more relaxed than most, mostly just walk and talk with the occasional showcase by Sato with Takagi as a stand in (very fun to watch). As the day came to an end, the Detective Boys gang were all together talking about wither or not they would have a case today or not. Takagi and Sato were watching when Kobayashi-seinse came up beside them to thank them for coming. They started talking more and more and by the end the conversation they realized that not even their teacher knew anything about Conan or Ai, they were the quite ones in the class! Things weren’t adding up, no one had even met their parents! If they were going to get the story, it wasn’t going to be here. They walked Conan and Ai back to Agasa’s and walked away looking in all directions for anyone who was still spying on them.

They walked to a nearby café to talk about their next move. In the meantime Conan and Ai were at Agasa’s. Ai had gone and changed into her normal lab get up and was preparing for testing, Conan could wait sense he was the test subject. When the phone started to ring, both of them were confused, the professor had told everyone about how he wasn’t going to be there, Ai had watched him do it, so who was calling? Was it someone for Shinichi? There was only one way to find out. Conan answered the phone to a heavy breathing on the other side. When they started to talk it was easy to tell that they were using a voice changer. The Voice went on to say hello to both Conan and Ai, and how it had been too long. Knowing that it was for both of them Conan put on speaker phone, and the voice continued. They were told that they needed to get down to the train station soon or someone was going to pay and it wasn’t going to be either of them. As if things weren’t already bad the mystery person said goodbye to Conan and Sherry! Who ever it was knew about Ai, and it could be see on her and Conan’s face. Conan was already gathering up gadgets trying to think of every possibility, but Ai was frozen in fear at the thought, it could only be one of the Black org. members. She was shocked back by Conan shaking her. It only took one look for her to get the message, this time it wasn’t only them being targeted. She knew she had to do it for the people that she cared about, and at least she wasn’t alone. She quickly threw off her lab coat, grabbed her helmet, had the bag filled with her half of the gadgets thrown at her by Conan, and they were out the door with turbo-skateboards in hand and mission in mind.

Takagi and Sato were waiting in the café for their coffee to arrive while they restated what they knew, basically that wasn’t anything! They were shocked about how hard it was to find anything out about two kids! Sato looked up for a second to see, well, a flash that looked Conan and Ai on skateboards that were going at crazy speed! Takagi must of seen it also, because he asked “Did you just see that!?” in a rushed tone. Without missing a beat they were out the door at about the same time their coffee came. They made it out the door in time to yell to Conan and Ai to stop. They yelled back that they couldn’t just in time for them to turn out of sight. The mystery continued, where could they be going that was that important? And where did they get those skateboards!? They walked back into the café to see their coffee on the table. They sat back down and once again tried to plan their next move. Takagi brought up Mori Kogoro; surely he would know something after living with Conan for so long. Sato could only laugh what could that idiot know! Takagi argued that he wasn’t an idiot but a genius; how else could he solve all the cases as “the sleeping Kogoro”. “Come to think of it,” Sato replied, “where is Conan during these deduction shows? I’ve only seen one.” Takagi thought for a minute and realized that Conan would always be right besides Kogoro during his shows, but any other time he would want Conan to but out. Also, he never remembers any of the cases that he solves when he is asleep. Was Conan somehow involved? Sure he was smart but really!? By the end of there coffee they were left with more questions than answers, so they paid there bill and walked out with the intention of finding Mori Kogoro.

Ai and Conan soon made it to the train station and were looking around for anyone that was suspicious. They combed the station but found no one, had they gone to the wrong station? The next train left, leaving the station empty. Then Conan’s cell phone started to ring. Conan answered it, ready to end the call just as quickly. The call started the same way, with heavy breathing. It was the same person as before. But how did they get Conan’s cell number? They congratulated them both for getting there so fast. “Just tell us who you have!” Ai screamed from behind Conan. The voice replied that they don’t physically have anyone but that they had a couple in their sights. And that they better be careful not to make them angry or they would just kill them on the spot. They went on to say that they needed to find the people to save them and that their clue was somewhere in the station “Good luck.” They hung up leaving Conan and Ai confused on the other side, this wasn’t like the Black org. There’s no way that this was the Black org. unless it was Kir and she was giving them a fighting chance. Anyway they needed to find the clue and fast. They separated and started the search again before the station filled from the oncoming train.

Takagi and Sato arrived in front of Mori Kogoro’s detective agency ready to ask the long needed questions. They walked up the steps to the familiar voice yelling crazily at what seemed like nothing. They open the door to find him screaming at a horse race on TV, with beer on the table and cans littering the floor. Takagi blushed in embarrassment for defending him earlier. Kogoro looked up to see the two officers in confusion induced anger. “What are you two doing here!?” he said half slurring his words. “We just wanted to ask a few questions about a few past cases.” Sato replied. “Well, check the files downtown there’re all there. Go, go, go!” he screamed while watching the horses plowing down the track. The two officers quickly left the office, feeling more discouraged than ever. They looked up to see Mori Ran, Kogoro’s daughter, walking toward the staircase with what looked like dinner for house in a bag. She was shocked to see the two officers and asked if there was anything wrong. They quickly explained they only wanted to ask Kogoro a few questions about old cases, with little success. Kogoro let out another scream that left Ran blushing, apologizing for her father. She quickly recovered and asked if they had seen Conan, she hadn’t since the morning. They explained the career day save and how they took him and Ai to Agasa’s, leaving out the skateboard detail. Now Ran looked enraged, as it turned out the night before, Kogoro had said that he would do career day! She was half up the stairs, ready to take out some rage at Kogoro, when Sato asked “Hey! Why Couldn’t Conan’s parents go to career day?” “Oh! Their overseas!” Ran replied back. “But have you even meet them?!” Takagi blurted out. Ran told them that she had met his mother a long time ago. Then she apologized and said that she needed to go. She went up the steps, the rage slowly returning. So a breakthrough had been reached, someone had some contact with family! But that still didn’t help Takagi and Sato. They were running out of options.

Conan was almost done with his half of the station, hoping that Ai had found something cause he hadn’t. Something was still bugging him about the call. He knew that he hadn’t given them his number, they were being a little sloppy (to say the least), and the Black org. didn’t give their targets second chances. What was going on! All of the sudden Ai’s scream could be heard from across the station. Conan ran to her using his tracer glasses and found her holding a box and telling the people around her that everything was ok. She walked by grabbing Conan’s arm and dragging him to a vacant corner of the station. “What is going on!?” Conan half yelled to Ai. She opened the box and inside was a fake severed hand covered in fake blood. “You have got to be kidding me!” said Conan, half giving the same look to Ai. “Give me a break here!” Ai said back, about ready to pounce on Conan. When they looked back down to try and figure out the clue, the fake hand moved in strange way. Now they have had about enough of it, this was not Black org. It was way too sloppy. Someone else knew Ai’s secret, and was doing a poor job of using it! But no matter how bad this person or these people are at what they are doing, until they know no one was in danger they had to treat it like Black org. The mood could be seen on both of their faces. Well back to work, they took another look at the hand. They were hoping that it would move again so that they could get a better idea of the clue. About two minutes later it did it again. It turned out to be like a knocking motion. So they had a severed fake and covered in fake blood that knocked. What did it mean? The only thing that they could think of was a NOC or better yet the term for an undercover agent. Could they be talking about Kir! Naaw! They had said a couple of people, wait a second! “I think that I know who they are after!” Conan suddenly exclaimed. “Well, who is it!” Ai said threatenly back. “You’ll find out later cause I also think I know who is making the calls. And if I am right we have nothing to worry about.” Conan started to walk off with a confused Ai behind him.

Takagi and Sato were at the end of the line. They decided to get some dinner, rethink, and give the search up for the night. They were walking along when Takagi thought of something that Kogoro had said earlier. “What if we checked the records!? They might give us a clue.” Sato thought for a monument, Takagi wondered if she was considering it or trying to poke holes in his plan. She got a sorry look on her face. “Any other case that could work, but after what happen it couldn’t happen.” she replied. “Wait what happened?” Takagi answered back. Sato was shocked that he hadn’t heard, and went on to explain how all the files connected to Mori Kogoro were stolen and returned with nothing changed or out of place. At once they both realized that that must be connected in some way. But how? At this point all they knew was no one really knew about Conan or Ai, the Moris at one point had met Conan’s mother long ago, and that they had something to do with Kogoro’s cases. Nothing added up!

They looked up to see none other than Conan and Ai walking down the street, skateboards in hand, talking. They looked up to see the two officers. Conan smiled, pointed and said something to Ai. At once a look of understanding crossed her face. Takagi and Sato where confused, what did they have to do with it? Up on an adjacent rooftop, two figures dressed in black was looking down upon them. They wore baseball caps to a point where only their mouths could be seen. The male figure gave a grin, “Well I guess our puzzle was a little to easy for them.” “I guess your right, we should let them know that they were correct!” replied the female figure. She walked back and picked up what looked to be some type of sniper rifle. She walked it back to the male figure who prepared to fire. He took aim at Sato and looked at Conan, who could only give him a look of “give me a break!”. What were they doing! If Conan and Ai didn’t say something, Sato and Takagi would… the figure caught the eye of Takagi. Reacting quickly Takagi tackled Sato as the figure pulled the trigger. He made it to the ground in time to see the suction-cup arrow hit the ground. Sato looked up to see the figure with the rifle. Shocked about it and seeing arrow on the ground, she was speechless. As this was happening, Conan and Ai were watching with calm faces. Conan looked up at the people on the roof and screamed up “I knew it! And that wasn’t funny!” The female shouted back “What do you mean, I thought it was fun!” And they both ran off. Conan and Ai soon gave chase. Although Conan did run into Sato on the way out. His glasses fell off and he didn’t even notice. He continued to run, trying to catch up to Ai.

Takagi and Sato finally regained their senses and saw Conan’s glasses on the ground. Sato picked them up and found a few things very wrong, one, the glass was flat and non helpful to vision, two, he just ran off and if his vision was so bad it would be hard to run off without him noticing, and three, there were buttons on the sides! What in the…! Takagi noticed the same things about the glasses. “What do you think the buttons are for?” asked Takagi. Sato replied, “I don’t know.” The two walked along trying to figure out what he glasses did. They went to Takagi’s house first because it was closest. He went into the kitchen to gather up some dinner for the two of them. Sato sat down on the sofa and put the glasses in front of her on the table. Takagi came up with a fast dinner and joined her. They were dealing with a moral issue, should they press the buttons or give them back to Conan, no questions asked? This might be another lead. What would they do? Apparently fall to curiosity. Sato picked up the glasses and pressed the first button. They watched as the lens of the glasses lit up with looked like two dots and an antenna popped up! It was like a tracer or something! What would the other one do? She pressed the button and it looked like nothing happened. They were confused. Takagi took the glasses and put them by his ears as if he was going to put them on. And he started to hear something! He urged Sato to put her ear up close to the ear piece. She did and herd the same thing, heavy breathing and footsteps like someone running.

Then the footsteps stopped. A voice started to come through that sounded like the people who had shot the fake arrow! “So you found us did you, how did you find us?” Asked a male voice. “It was easy if you know where to look.” another voice said. Takagi and Sato knew who the other person was. It was Conan. “Yah, you two are too predictable.” came another voice that could only be Ai. “Oh really!” came the unknown female’s voice. “Yeah you two could only stay in high class rooms, and you used this room, in this hotel, last time you pulled this off!” Conan continued, “You know it wasn’t funny then and it isn’t funny now dad!” Wait did he just say dad! Takagi and Sato were speechless as the others continued on the other side. “Awww Come on honey, we couldn’t help but to do it again! What did you expect of us?” went the female voice that could only be Conan’s mother, “We only wanted to check up on you again, like last time.” “But did you have to include me!” Ai screamed. “But off course we had to, we consider you like family now, if you want.” said Conan’s father. The next sound brought Takagi and Sato to tears, Ai had started to cry, most likely tears of sorrow and joy. Then she must of ran up and hugged Conan’s father. The moment lasted a minute and then ended with his mother asking “So is everyone still in the dark about who you are or Can I dress up as Conan’s mother again!” “No everyone still thinks I just a smarter than normal first grader, even Ran.” Conan replied while blushing. She asked “Ok, you want us to drop you back at Agasa’s Shinichi?” Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did she just say Shinichi! How was it possible! He was the seventeen year old high school detective! And Conan was well, seven! Could they be the same person?! Could the same be said for Ai?! Talk about nothing making sense! “Yeah, I also gotta call Ran to tell her I will be at Agasa’s.” Conan said while hitting his head in disgust of his own forgetfulness. It was then he realized, “I don’t have my glasses!” “It took you that long!” Ai sniped back. “But I never took them off, where did they go?” Then Conan figured it out, “It must have been when I tripped over Sato!” Sato and Takagi’s hearts dropped. What would happen now? “Well, they wouldn’t do anything.” Ai said over the line, “They’ll just hold them for you.” “Yah, you’re right. Hey! We better start heading back!” Conan replied. “Yeah, we still have tests to run!” Ai snickered back. “Whoopee.” Conan defeatedly said back.

Takagi pressed the button again, enough was enough! The two of them sat there, dumbfounded by what they heard. Could it even be possible! Sato was the first to come to, “Well, what now?” Takagi came to shaking his head, “I don’t know, we wanted the story and got a big part of it!” But it was only a piece, question were still there, What had happen?, How?, What did Ai have to do with it?, And did Kogoro have something to do with it?, and maybe what was on there mind the most, What had just happened!? For now they decided to play it cool, to keep quiet and watch for more hints, and maybe the answers would come in time.
Case status: Closed…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Falconlobo on July 22, 2008, 2:56:35 PM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobolol cooli saw that episode with his parents and their game