Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Confessions

Continuation of FF1, This took me awhile to get the details right
Anyway, its time for another Sato/Takagi date... with a twist^^
*Please leave comments!!!!*

Chapter 8 - Confessions

Chapter 8 - Confessions
The group arrived, Conan and Ai’s heads still hung low. Conan looked up and realized were they were and was confused, “Wait, what about your roommate?” “He’s working tonight…” Takagi replied, trying to think of ways to lessen the tension. Conan and Ai walked over an sat on the sofa, ready for the torture to begin. “So, why don’t we begin with what you know…” Conan said, looking up with his detective eyes again at full blast. Sato and Takagi went and sat across from them, ready to spill all and to solve the case that had be plaguing them for so long. They explained what had really happened during that event just a mouth earlier, about the investigation they were conducting on their own, and how they discovered their biggest secret with Conan’s glasses. Conan and Ai where remembering that day, and how they thought it was a stroke of luck that Takagi and Sato had found his glasses, oh how wrong they were. Takagi and Sato continued to tell them what little they really knew. Ai was relived that they really knew nothing about her, she could control what they did know a lot better that way. They finished and looked up at the duo sitting across from them, waiting for a reaction. They seemed to be almost relived, now they knew how deep Sato and Takagi had gotten. Conan smiled, a thought had crossed his mind that made up for all the worry and grief. “We’ll tell you everything we can.” he said. Ai was shocked, how far was he going to go and why, weren’t they coming for damage control only? “Kudo-kun!” she exclaimed, hoping the tone of her voice was enough to get her point across. “But, you need to promise us that who we are and everything we are about to tell you, remain between us and our group. That includes the police, any future reports, your loved ones, everyone.” Conan continued. Takagi and Sato looked up confused as ever, isn’t that what they were already doing? Was what they about to say so insane that they had to be sworn to a secretly they were already practicing? Ai was as dumbstruck as ever, did he not care what she had to say about this? She continued to analyze the thoughts that were rushing through her head, trying to make heads or tails out of what they meant. Finally, something clicked, something that made how she felt clear and a idea came to her mind, an drastic idea, an idea that almost sent a tear to her eye, almost.
“Or there is another option…” She stated sorrowfully, Conan looked over at her in shock, would she really consider that for them? “We can have protection arranged for you, through the FBI’s witness protection program…” Sato and Takagi looked at her in shock, the FBI was involved somehow? “They’ll send you away, to a safe place, give you a new life, we can even make sure you stay toget…” “NO!” Sato and Takagi interrupted in unison, “We want to stay and help you! We care about you two!” “You don’t understand…” Ai replied, her head hanging low, “ about the evil we are talking about, what they are capable of and the pain they leave in their wake. We live in it everyday, fighting for the ones we love, and if anything happened to you…” Sato and Takagi’s eyes widened, they finally understood why they pushed everyone away, why they keep who they were a secret and why Ai would even consider sending them away. Conan averted his gaze away from the rest of the group, he knew exactly what she was saying, the thought of Ran waiting for him went rushing through his mind, followed by the memory of Akemi, of watching her die before him while trying to save her sister. Ai must have been thinking of her sister as well, as she softly started to cry. Sato looked over to see her tears. She had never seen her cry before, ever. She slowly got up and knelt in front of Ai. Ai looked up in time for Sato to give her a hug. “Your right, we don’t understand much of anything, let alone what pain you must be going through…” Sato said in an understanding tone, “but we would like to…” Ai was stunned, Sato pulled away slightly as Ai looked up at her. The image of Sato was slowly replaced with that of her sister’s smiling face, and she was filled with the warmth that it brought once again. Conan looked over to see Ai smiling and returning Sato’s hug, he smiled too, it had been awhile since she had been this happy. “Alright, were should we start?” Ai said after her and Sato’s love fest was over. Takagi took the hint and finally joined the others, Conan started from the very beginning and made his way through almost every detail he could think of, Sato and Takagi were listening to every shocking detail in excitement and Ai even gave a little of her history, but only a little… baby steps.
Case status: Closed…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment