Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Under the Influence

This story is the first in a series of stories I wrote based of Generation X. In changes, a new character joins the school, which leads to positive changes for Penance

Chapter 11 - Under the Influence

Chapter 11 - Under the Influence
Attention:  Generation X and their villians, aswell as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Changes
Chapter 11 Under the Influence
            Penancewas shocked when Rich jumped in front of her when the strong guy jump outin front of them.  He was setting up to knock them out.  Richtook the blunt of the attack.  He must have hoped that she would beable to escape.  She thought about it for a moment, but she couldn'tleave him behind.  It was even more difficult because the way he gotknocked out, he fell right on top of her.  She was knocked to theground as he fell.  Rich was unconscious.  The way he fell ontop of her, she had to roll him off. Just as she went to do that, a familiarvoice from behind her said, "Now Penance, don't try to run."  Sheglanced in the direction and saw Him.  He reached down for her. She saw the mouth on His hand open wider, but as He grabbed her, she didn'tfeel the pain.  He had grabbed her hair.  She decided to fightback.  She took a swing at Him.  As her hand swung toward Hisface, she heard a metallic click.  Her right hand was in a metallicglove.  Just as she tried to do the same with her left, another glovewas on that hand.
            Heronly weapons left were her feet.  She went to kick him with her leftfoot.  The razor sharp toes would surely slice him.  But as shestarted to kick, she heard one, then another click.  She looked ather feet to see them in metallic boots.  She tried to slice them,but she couldn't.  He then said, "Now to do something so you don'ttry to stab me with your hair."  He put a metallic helmet, coveringher hair, on her head.  Her most effective weapons had been stoppedby mechanical devices.  She then watched as the strong one pulleda large metal box over.  There were holes in it.  She realizedthat this was her prison.  She tried to fight, but with all the metalshackles, it was impossible.  He threw her in the box and the strongone closed it.  She looked out the hole as He kneeled down and lookedin. "Don't worry, Yvette.  I won't hurt you, yet.  I'm goingto let the next one go first."  She realized what He meant. He was going to use Rich's ability to turn Rich into a creature like Him. She was going to lose Rich.  She started to cry silently.  Shefelt the box lift up as He said to the strong one.  "Bulwark, takeYvette and Mr. Cale to the place where I have my sister restrained. Place him in the other chair.  The others will be brought here soon."
            "Ya,Heir Emplate," said the strong man.  The strong man's name must beBulwark.  His name must be Emplate.  At least that was theircodename. She started to cry.  She was scared, but did Emplate realizedthe truth of Rich's ability.  Did he know it was distance activated.
            Sheheard Emplate speak again.  "Bulwark, make sure he is not next toMonet or Yvette.  His ability is distance activated and I want tobe the one his ability latches onto me when Yvette's wears out." She sunk deeper into despair.  Emplate did know about his ability. Now, he was going to kill all of them, except for Rich.  Emplate hada worse fate in store for Rich.

            "Ok,listen up, you three.  Stay in hiding, we'll be over there in moment. I doubt Emplate can handle all of us at once."  Jubilee had heardthe communicator signal.  She figured Emplate got into the Biosphere,but she didn't know what had happened, but when Sean had heard, he wasupset.
            "Whathappened, Banshee?"  It was only at these moments, when an attackhappened, did they used codenames.  In its own way, it seemed informal.
            "Everybody,things just got worse."  The way he said it made every look at himwith worry.  She was worried, too, if what she thought had happenedwas right.  "That was Franklin.  Emplate was waiting in the Biosphere. He knocked out Monet, and had Bulwark help him capture Penance and Rich. We have to be careful getting over there, because Murmur, Vincente andD.O.A. might be waiting to ambush us."
            Shelooked at Synch with concern.  She remember what Emplate did to himlast time.  "We better be careful.  If Emplate get hold of youagain, I ...."
            Synchput a finger to her lips.  She had seen it done in some films. Hewas trying to calm her down.  "I know.  But, I don't think he'lltry that again.  If Emplate is planning something, he is planningto limit my power."
            "Idon't know if that's worse or better."  Her statement was cut shortwhen a flash appeared.
            "Lookout."  Banshee yelled just as Murmur appeared and gave Synch a flyingkick.  She jumped out of the way and only got the wind knocked outof her.  Synch was knocked unconscious.  As she started to recover,Banshee let out with one of his sonic screams.  Murmur teleportedout the way just as quickly as he appeared.  Paige ran over to herside and started to pick her up.
            "Comeon, Jubilee.  We got to get out of here."  She looked at Skinsaid, "Skin, get Synch."
            "Okay,chica."  He started extending his finger and pulled Synch over tohim.  He took a whiff of the air and said, "Is it just me or is theair getting thick in hear."  Jubilee realized what was happening. It was Vincente.  He was going to try and knock them all out.
            "Webetter get out of here, now!"  It was the first and last thinghe said as he got knocked out by D.O.A. who jumped him from behind. That was the last thing at least she saw as Vincente knocked them all out. In her mind, she thought that Emplate had caught them too easily.

           Rich woke to a sound that gave him hope.  It was Yvette's psionicvoice. {Rich, please be awake!}  It worried him about the urgencyin her voice made him worry.
            Heanswered as calmly as he could.  {Yvette, where are you?}
            {Openyour left eye a little, love.  I hope you can figure something out,and quick.}  He didn't like the sound of that.  He did as shesaid.  He was careful not to open his eye fully.  He noticeda silverish box about six feet from him.  From one of the holes hesaw the bluish eyes that belong to Yvette.
            Hewas worried now.  She hadn't escaped, and he saw that he was securelyfastened down in a chair.  He tried to move his left arm just a littlebit, hopefully not enough to be noticed.  He couldn't move his arm.He had been fastened down and positive he couldn't move.  He thensaid to Yvette, {How did he catch you?}
            {Rememberwhen you tried to save me from getting knocked out by Bulwark?}
            {Yes.}
            {Theway he hit you, it knocked your unconscious body onto me, knocking me down.}
            {Itake it you didn't have the time to get me out of the way and escape.}
            {Yes. Then Emplate put mechanical gloves, boots and a helmet on me. I can't evencut through them.  I watched as he put you in that chair. Monet isin a chair about six feet to your right.  He place a collar on her,and one on every body else when he hung them in the trees.  I thinkhe has something in store for the glowing man.  He put some sort ofdevice on him.}
            {Maybehe wants to force my ability on to Everett.  I think last time, Everettwas sent away, enthralled by Emplate, from what I was told. Everett's abilityby cause him accept Emplate's personality and abilities.} He saw littleman walk into his view.  He could see the letters "D.O.A." on hishat.
            "Master,I think Mr. Cale is awake."  The man left his view and Rich startedto worry.  Emplate must have been waiting for him to awaken. He close his eyes and started to pray.  He prayed that all this wasa nightmare, that he would awaken in his own bed, back home.
            Hisprayer was cut short when his head was knocked into the back of the seat. He heard a woman scream, and a raspy laugh.  Then came a voice heheard before.  He opened his eyes and saw Emplate standing right infront of him.  "Welcome back to reality, Richard.  If you'rewondering, I see everything about you, including your love for Penance." Emplate walked over to his sister.  He watched Emplate look at herand say, "I take it you felt that, little sister.  See that collaron everybody's neck.  It was built to transfer all their pains toyou, so you could suffer at my hands as well.
            Shelooked and snapped, "You have gotten worse, brother.  You have becomedemented with that hunger."
            Hebackhanded her and said, "At least you cannot stop me.  These chairswere constructed to hold you and Penance, little sister.  When I discoveredMr. Cale, I changed my mind."  Rich watched as Emplate walked backover to him.  "You know, Mr. Cale, when you passed me at the airport,I didn't notice you, not until you called to Banshee.  I can't believethat your power could detect me.  Anymore, you won't be a threat tome, as you could be.  I know what you fear, and I will make that fearcome true."
            Richphysically shuddered at that.  He did not want that.  Slowlyrelaxed his body to the point he could speak.  It was hard to do becauseof the situation.  He finally spoke to the demon that held him prisoner. "And what do you in store for Yvette?"
            Hewatched as Emplate focused his yellowish eyes on him.  "I want thatto be a surprise, Richard."  He was worried, and he noticed when hetensed up, he was not a rigid as he was before.  He was losing Yvette'sability.  Straight across from him, he saw Jubilee.  She wasthe only one who was not upside.  It was as if Emplate seemed to havesomething special in store for her.  He gave her a look that beggedfor help.
            Jubileeseemed to understand.  She yelled,  "Hey, ugly.  What areyou planning to do to me?"
            Heturned his attention to Jubilee.  "Oh, I plan to take care of you,Ms. Lee.  I plan to make you pay for the humiliation you put me through. I plan to sup on you until your life is almost gone.  Then, I willhave Everett finish you off."  Rich could see Jubilee shudder fromthere. "Judging by the time Ms. Lee, I think I will have some help in that."Emplate turned and walked toward him.  He knew that Penance's abilityhad left him, and Emplate was walking closer.
            Heheard Everett yell.  "I don't think so.  I not hurting anybodyfor you, Emplate."
            Emplateturned his attention to Everett.  Rich prayed that this would lasta while until he could think of a way out.  Emplate spoke to Everett,"See that device that I put on you.  It hinders your ability justlike the Psionic Dampener hinders Jonothon's.  If you try to focuson anyone but Rich when I want you to, it will give you a very painfulshock.  And, Monet will get that same shock."  Rich noticed thata look of defeat crossed Everett's face.  Everett didn't want to hurtanybody.  Rich finally thought that no matter what, Monet was goingto be hurt, but maybe he could find a way to protect him and save everyoneelse.  It all depended if he could tip the chair in Monet's direction.
            Hestarted to rock to the chair.  He had to work fast and link into Monet'sabilities before Emplate realized what was happening.  He was sureit would have worked.  Only if it weren't for D. O. A.  Justas he had the chair beginning to tip, D.O.A. said, "Master, I think Mr.Cale is trying to avoid what you have in store for him."
            Richtried to tip the chair as quick as he could until Emplate approached. "I don't think your plan will work, Richard, but I don't think you'll argueanymore."  Rich felt the pain that he knew was the struggle in him. He knew how it appeared on the outside.  He physically was transforminginto Emplate.  His could feel the struggle for breath, but that wasthe last thing on his mind.
            Inhis mind, he was fighting Emplate.  Emplate's personality appearedas Emplate did, not as the images that were in Yvette's mind.  Richwas fighting Emplate for full control.  Emplate was more powerfuland Rich could force Emplate back.  He still had a hope in the backof his mind.  He could win, but not alone.  He needed help. As he was fighting, he heard a voice [Richard, let me help you.] It was Emma Frost's voice.  She was entering his mind to help himwin.  He felt her strengthen his personality, to fight off Emplateand keep in control.  Just as he almost had the upper hand, he feltEmma's help disappear very suddenly.  She must have gotten caught. He then lost to the power of Emplate, but he still existed as Emplate imprisonedhim in his mind.  It was as if Emplate couldn't destroy him. This gave him hope for escaping, but how.  He could only watch asthe Emplate personality took control of his body.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment