Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Triumph

This story is the first in a series of stories I wrote based of Generation X. In changes, a new character joins the school, which leads to positive changes for Penance

Chapter 12 - Triumph

Chapter 12 - Triumph
Attention:  Generation X and their villians, aswell as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Changes
Chapter 12 Triumph
            Emplatewas almost shocked at how Richard collapsed.  It was as if he wasin a seizure of sorts, but then he noticed the change in Richard's skinand hands that made him realize that Richard had grabbed his personality. Emplate looked at his servant and said with a sort of happiness, "D. bringthe spare respirator.  Mr. Cale will need it."  Emplate laughedas he watched Richard transform into another Emplate.  He then noticedthat the struggle had calmed down and it appeared that Richard was regainingcontrol.  He looked around an saw Emma Frost's eyes were glowing.He yelled to all of his Hellions, "Stop her.  She is ruining everything."As he spoke the command, Murmur gave her a swift kick in the midsection,causing her to lose her concentration.  He took pleasure in the screamof pain that came from his sister's lips.  He looked at her and said,"This is for everything, little sister."
            Emplatenoticed that Richard Cale had completely transformed.  With Monetpartially out of it, he deactivated the chairs and pulled Richard out ofthe chair and reactivated the chairs.  Richard looked at him and said,"Master Emplate, how may I serve you."  Emplate was pleased at hearingthis. He was in control and part of Richard's personality made him realizethat he need to stay near him.
            Emplatedecided to test his new servant and said, "Do you hunger, my servant?" He watched in pleasure as Richard nodded.  It was somewhat reluctant,but that would be overtaken.  He had managed to overcome the reluctance,but survival meant everything.  He looked in Jubilee's direction. That girl had caused a great deal of problems his last time here. "As a beginning, I want you to sup just a little bit on Ms. Lee." He watched as Richard started to advance towards Jubilee.
            Shestarted to panic.  He took pleasure in the fact that she was scared. Her bravado last time had tricked him.  He watched as Jubilee startedto plea with Richard.  He listened as she said, "Rich, stop. You don't want to hurt me.  You are one of the few people who tolerateme.  You are my friend."
            Emplatelaughed as Jubilee's eyes went wide as Richard grabbed her arms and said,"The law of life states 'Survival is everything.'  There is only oneother law that supercedes it."  Emplate could tell that Richard startedto sup on Jubilee as both she and his sister screamed from the same agony. Emplate let Richard sup for a few moments and then decided that Richardhad supped enough on Jubilee.  Besides, he had to save some of hergenetic marrow for himself, and eventually Everett.
            "Richard,I think you should test that ability on Ms. Lee."  Richard then steppedback and shot sparks at Jubilee.  He delighted in her pain as eachsparked burned her.  He also delighted in Monet's screams as similarburns were showing up on her.  He stopped Richard and then decidedit was time for the ultimate test.

            Yvettehad watched everything from the box she was locked in.  The screamsechoed through the box as Rich had injured two of her classmates. She knewthat he couldn't help it, that his own mind was entrapped by Emplate's,except that it took less effort for Emplate to control him.  She hadbeen in that state before, and she broke free.  She had watched asEmplate had stopped Rich from using Jubilee's ability on her.  Shethen heard Emplate say, "Richard, it is time for the ultimate test. Do you think you can pass it?"
            Sheshuddered as she heard a raspy voice come from Rich.  "Yes, Master." There was some reluctance in his voice and some sorrow over what he haddone to Jubilee.  Yvette had an idea of what was coming.  Emplatewas going to make Rich feed on her.  She watched as the two approachedthe box. She knew it was coming, but she was not going to break as easilyas she did last time.  It would be hard to fight Rich, but she hadto try.
            Shethen saw daylight as Emplate opened the box.  She saw Rich look intothe box with Emplate.  Finally Emplate said, "Sup on her.  Enthrallher and make her you eternal feast."  She looked at Rich with lovingeyes, mentally begging that he wouldn't sup on her.  She was not theonly one surprise at what happened next.

            Richcould not believe all the pain he put both Jubilee and Monet through. He was still trying to fight Emplate, but he was weakening.  He knewthat Emplate was leading him to the box Yvette was in.  He had a feelingwhat was coming, but couldn't fight it.  He was too weak.  AsEmplate opened the box and then gave the order, he was about ready to doit. His heart stopped him, but Emplate persuasion was growing strong. He didn't want to hurt his love, but he didn't have the strength.
            "Letme help you."  Rich then noticed a man of African descent coming tohelp him.
            "Whoare you?"
            "Myname is Marius.  I was the first victim of Emplate, but I still residein him.  My guess is than you brought me into your mind when yourabilities allowed you to mimic him.  Maybe together we can break hiscontrol over you."  Rich allowed the man to help him.  He feltthe man's strength merge with his own and for the time being he regainedcontrol of his body.
            Helooked down at Yvette and said, "It is said that survival is a powerfulemotion, but there is one more powerful."  He then backhanded Emplate,sending the monster flying into some of his Hellions.  He picked upthe device that Emplate had dropped, as well as Yvette and said, "That'slove."  He ran of into the Biosphere.
            Ashe continued into the Biosphere, he mentally heard the voice of Marius. "Good job.  I believe you'll get through this.  I need you totell my family not to give up hope."  Rich wondered what that meantas the man left him.  He ran until he could stop.
            Heput Yvette down and said, "Are you okay, love?"  He hoped that shewould still respond to him, although he now looked like her worse nightmare.
            Herdeep blue eyes looked straight at him as she said, "Now that you are comingback.  Can you do something about these metal things, I can't helpif I'm defenseless."

            Emplatewas furious.  Not only had Richard regain control of his body andmind, but he took the unit that controlled everything keeping GenerationX at bay.  From what Emplate had seen, Richard's mind worked quickly. He hoped to find him before Richard could free everybody.  He knewthat he had to search for Richard and Yvette.  That was the only wayto regain control of that mutant.  He was just about to do so whenhe heard a click.  He didn't like the sound of that.  He lookedover each of the captured lot.  He had turned his attention quicklywhen he heard Jubilee saw, "I guess it going to be a repeat of last time." He glanced at the chair Monet had been placed to see that his sister wasfree.  He noticed that all of the students were wearing the collarsstill.  Richard hadn't found that control.  He must be tryingto free Yvette.  He would catch his sister, Richard and Yvette. The collar was the key.
            Heturned his attention to Jubilee and said, "Don't worry, Ms. Lee. I don'tlet the same thing happen twice."  He turned to Vincente and said,"I think Ms. Lee is having trouble breathing.  Help her out." Vincente nodded and turned into a purple mist.  The mist entered Jubilee'smouth and she started to cough and gag.  Emplate looked in the skyto see a form fall to the ground, not to far away from where he was standing. He decided to head that way.  If she was that close, it meant thatshe found Richard and Yvette.

            Monethad realized that she could leave the chair when she heard the click. She flew off in search of Rich.  It was obvious he was in controlof himself, and he had the master control for the collars that transmittedall the pain to her.  As long as she had the collar on, her brothercould catch her at any time.  She saw Penance and Rich down below. She started fly towards them when she couldn't breathe.  Vincentemust be chocking someone. She fell to the ground with almost a heavy thud. She was a bit sore, but not as sore as the choking made her.  Shethen heard Rich's voice call to her.  "Monet, how did you get free." She saw him and Penance run over to her.  He was carrying metal gloves,boots and a helmet.  It must have been the restraint that Emplatehad put on her.
            "Thechair I was in was deactivated.  You must have deactivated it withthe master control.  We need to get this collar of me, and everyoneelse."
            Fromwhat she saw in Rich's eyes, he was thinking.  She then listened ashe said, "I think I have a way we can make Emplate's ingenuity work againsthim.  Monet can you figure out how to get the collar on you off?" He handed her the control with the question.
            Shelooked at it and realized how simple it was for her to do that. "Yes. But why just me?"  The thought had confused her.
            "Doit quickly.  I believe that Emplate might be approaching soon." Shedid as he said and removed the collar around her neck.  He then saidto both of them, "Yvette, take the collar and hide in the bushes over there.When Emplate gets close, put the collar around his leg.  Monet, yournightmare just may help us.  I going to have to act it out for a momentuntil he gets to close.  Remember what you told me earlier." She then realized what he was going to do.  He was going to use herimmunity and Emplate inability to sup on her against him.
            "Iget it.  When he sees you supping on me and not in pain, he will approachfor a ring side seat.  Penance puts the collar around his leg, andwhen he gets to close, his flaws will appear in you.  You know, although,that you will be knocked out, or in a coma."
            "I'maware of that.  When the collar kicks in, Emplate get the same pain. You have the master control and Generation X will be able to fight himoff, for if any of us gets hurt, he gets hurt."  He turned to Penanceand said, "Yvette, I will probably need medical attention once I'm free.I'll need you to rush me to medical center, so you will have to softenyour body so you can carry me."
            "Iunderstand, Rich," Penance replied with concern in her voice. Monet couldonly feel that Penance was getting the hardest job of all. Trying to helpa loved one, and not being able to do much.
            "Monet,tell her what to do before she leaves to take me there. Then use the deviceto allow Jono and Synch to use their abilities."  She nodded and heardEmplate coming towards them.

            Richheard the sound of Emplate approaching.  He knew that they had oneshot.  He said, "Get ready."  He watched as Penance hid and thengrabbed Monet at the arms.  He looked at her and said, "I hope youare a good actress, because I hate what I'm about to do, but it is theonly way out."
            Henoticed as she braced herself and finally said, "I'm ready."  He grabbedher by the arms and started to sup on her.  It was disgusting, butit was the only way for escape.  She then screamed, meaning that Emplatewas approaching.  "Stop, you're killing me."
            Helistened and heard the quiet click of the collar.  Yvette had gottenit on Emplate.  He then said, "The master has always wanted you dead.I shall now sup on you until you die."  He hoped he was convincing.
            Heheaded the voice of Emplate say, "Well, Richard, it appears that you havereturned to my control, but I better make sure that you don't escape again. Besides, I want a good view of my sister's death."  He felt Emplateapproach as Emplate personality returned to him.  All of a sudden,a psionic explosion knocked Rich right off his feet.  He was almostunconscious when he saw Emplate flying as well.
            "Igot you, Emplate.  And now we are going to win."  He said ashe heard Emplate screaming in pain.  He was blacking out when he heardMonet yell something to Yvette.  In his lack in mind, he would havethought that an angel was carrying him to Heaven.  Finally, he wasunconscious.

            Yvettelet a smile cross her face as she saw Emplate go flying in pain. Rich's plan was working.  She let her body relax as she ran over toRich.  Rich's eyes were closed and she felt better knowing that Emplateinfluence was soon gone.  She was about to pick him up when Monetcalled her.
            "Penance,take Rich to the med unit and stabilize him.  Just do this." Monet told her what to do and she understood.  She was not going tolose Rich now.  He meant to much to her to allow him to die. She picked Rich up and then ran off for the building where the MedicalCenter was.  As she ran, she heard two explosions echo in the Biosphere. She had an idea of what was happening.
            Yvetteran into the Med center and placed Rich on the one bed that she had beenplaced many times.  When Emplate still had partial control of her,the battles usually put her in a coma.  She always awoke here, onthat bed.  She set up everything as Monet said, remembering everydetail.  She then pulled a chair over and kept watch over the oneperson she truly loved. "I'm going to stay by your side, Rich, so Emplatedoesn't get another chance to control you."  She then waited for thefighting to stop.

            Jonohad realized that something had changed.  He seemed to be able touse his ability again.  He then noticed that most of Emplate's Hellionswhere in pain as well.  Emplate must have gotten injured in somewaythat was affecting his minions.  He noticed that Monet had gottenfree, and Rich seemed to break free of Emplate's grip, carrying Penancewith him.  He then noticed that Everett's aura was glowing. Monet and Rich must have schemed a way to get them all free.  He decidedto take charge of the situation. He glanced up at Everett and said, "Areyou getting in synch with my ability?"
            Everettspoke quietly as he responded.  "Yeah.  Do you think we can breakall the bonds with the combined power?"
            "Exactlywhat I was thinking.  You first, then I will follow up with a secondblast."  He noticed Everett nodded and a psionic blast shook thearea  He followed it up with one of his own.  In a matter ofseconds, everyone in Generation X was standing and Emplate's Hellions wereon the ground.  He noticed that Monet had flown in, and that all thecollars were still on everyone, except for Monet.  He looked at herand asked, "What happened?"
            Shelooked back quickly and then said, "Rich developed a plan to stop Emplate. I'm leaving all the collars on right now because Emplate has the one Iwore on."
            Jonowould have smiled, if he still had a mouth.  Rich had managed to breakfree of Emplate, and then use his ability against Emplate somehow. He didn'twant to ask how, but now he was concerned.  He noticed that Everettran over to Jubilee, trying to comfort her.  She was wounded fromwhat had happened to her.  He wanted to check on Paige, but he couldn'tbring himself to do it.  It was almost a second later that Emplateappeared out of the forest.
            "Iam not going to lose this time.  Monet, I shall be sure that everyonesuffers, and you will die first."  He started to advance in the directionof Monet.  Jono need to recharge his abilities, but decided to tryand knock Emplate down.  Emplate backhanded him, and just as Jonofell, Emplate also fell.  Jono could tell that Emplate was stunned.
            Seansoon spoke up.  "Jono, are ye alright?"  No sooner had the Irishmanasked the question when Bulwark punched him in the stomach. Emplate hadjust gotten up when he collapsed to the ground, out of breath. Jono wonderedif Emplate had figured it out yet.  Bulwark was about to hit Seanagain when a pyrotechnic attack knock the German twit off his feet. He saw Everett had gotten in sync with Jubilee's ability.
            Someof Emplate's Hellions realized what had happened, as Jono noticed thatthey started to escape.  Vincente flew off, and Murmur teleportedaway.  D.O.A  had run out of the Biosphere.  Bulwark slowlygot up and prepared to attack him.  Jono was ready to release a psionicblast when Emplate finally spoke, "I guess I will have to retreat. Bulwark, leave."  The German left the area and Emplate continued,"You have won again, because I made one mistake.  I won't let it happenagain."  As Emplate spoke, he fade from sight.
            Jonowonder in Emplate was planning something, "Do you think he's gone?"
            Monetfinally spoke up, "I don't think he will be returning.  I think weshould get Jubilee to the med unit."  He had to agree.  WhileRich had been controlled by Emplate, he really injured her.  He, Everettand Sean helped get her over to the med unit.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment