Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Skitz

This story is the first in a series of stories I wrote based of Generation X. In changes, a new character joins the school, which leads to positive changes for Penance

Chapter 13 - Skitz

Chapter 13 - Skitz
Attention:  Generation X and their villians, aswell as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Changes
Chapter 13 Skitz
            Seanthought it was best to have some of the students search and find the kids,as well as double check for Emplate's Hellions, just in case.  WithJono and Everett, who was worried to death, they took Jubilee to the medcenter.  Monet came with them, mainly because she wanted to see thatPenance did everything correctly.  When they arrived at the med center,Sean was surprise, not to see Rich still looking a bit like Emplate, butto see Penance looking more like a woman than she ever had.  Richmust have had a remarkable affect on her, to make her talk and to causeher to relax.  He walked over to her, carefully, and said, "Is healright?"
            Penanceturned to face them, her long red hair flowing in the movement, and said,"I think he's going to be alright.  I want to stay here with him,if that's alright, sir."  Sean saw the worry in her blue eyes, theworry for someone you love.
            "Ithink that would be alright, but I think you might need to make some changes."
            "Iknow.  I was wondering if there might be a way to get these restraintsoff me."
            "I'llhave Monet and Emma help you with that, lass."
            Henoticed that Penance then turned her eyes to Jubilee.  "Is sisterJubilee going to be Okay?  I know that Rich didn't want to hurt her,but he..."
            Everettspoke up.  "I understand, Penance.  I was in the same situationas Rich was.  I think that Jubilee will understand that."  Seannoticed Everett stopped when he noticed Rich's body started to convulseas if Rich was having seizure.
            Seansaw the problem immediately.  "Monet, help me get that respiratoroff him.  It suffocating him."  In his mind, Sean saw a visionof Blink.  He remembered how she had sacrificed her life, and howhe was to late to save her.  He was not going to let that happen tohim.  Rich had risked his life to saved all of them, and now Seanwas not going to lose this student.  Monet and he managed to get therespirator off Rich, and he listened for Rich's breath.  He was relievedwhen he heard Rich breathing. "He's still with us."  He heard Penancesigh in relief.  Apparently, she was concerned about him.
            Emmawalked in with a gentleman.  Sean wondered who this man was, untilEmma said, "Sean, this is Richard's father.  He has brought some offRichard's possessions.  He was wondering where Rich was."
            Theman looked at Rich and asked, "What happened that my son is unconscious?"
            "Well,Mr. Cale,.."
            "Richard. My name is Richard Cale Sr."
            "Richnever said he was Jr."
            "Myson is a little ashamed of some of the family.  For most of his life,he had no regrets.  Then his life came tumbling down when we had totell him that my brother died.  He started trying to live life accordingto every known belief and theory there was."
            "Itake it he developed a belief in luck as well."
            "Yes,he believe that he always had good luck and bad luck.  I think hebelieves that his worse luck started by my brother.  I never feltlike telling Rich the truth about his uncle, so I told him that he committedsuicide."
            "Rich'suncle didn't die at his own hand.  It must have been gruesome to tellhim that."
            "No,my brother joined an anti-mutant force.  It was just the day aftermy son's abilities manifested.  My son always saw my brother as asecond father.  I guess it was our way of protecting Rich from thetruth.  I hope Rich will be safe here.  If his life has takena turn for the better. I see no problem with him staying here."
            Seandecided to tell Rich's father about everything.  "I can say this,Mr. Cale, Rich has had a very interesting first 3 days here. Unfortunately,today we had a mutant named Emplate attack us.  He tried to use yourson's ability to turn your son into a creature like him.  It was yourson's quick thinking that saved us."
            "Myson's mind was always quick.  I'm still not sure how he found outabout this place.  But if my wife heard that, she would worry to death,and my son would not want that."
            "Well,your son has done a remarkable feat."  He beckoned Penance to comeover.  "Penance, this is Rich's father."
            Shenodded and said, "Hello, sir."
            Seancontinued with his account of Rich's days here.  "Rich was able tocommunicate with Penance.  Due to that, he taught Penance to speakto us. Also, Penance and your son has fallen in love."
            Rich'sfather looked at Penance and said, "I think my son will be fine here. I will need help getting everything in."
            Seanturned to students in the room and said, "Help get Rich's stuff in. I don't think Rich will be in any shape to help with that.  And Everett,we will take care of Jubilee."  The kids left with Mr. Cale and Seanturned to Emma.  "Emma, when Mr. Cale leaves, I want you and Monetto help Penance get those restraints off.  I think she wants to looklike a woman for when Rich awakes."
            "Ithink I can help with that.  I sure we can find some clothing to fither."  She turned to Penance as he placed Jubilee on the second table.As he set up the equipment to monitor and take care of her, Emma askedPenance, "Is there any color you would prefer?"
            Penancesmiled and said, "Rich said blue would look good on me, to match my eyes." Sean had to smile when he heard her say that.  The two were in loveand Penance appeared to be the best reason that Rich was staying. Monetreturned a short while later and she and Emma took Penance to take careof her.
*****************************************************

            Richawoke in the med center.  His mind was a mess.  He rememberedgoing unconscious.  He guessed that everything worked out.  Hewondered if he was alone in the med unit.  He moved to set up andfound something right by his side.  He looked to his right and founda stuffed bear.  He was never fond of stuffed bears.  "What the..?" he asked aloud.
            Afamiliar voiced answered his question.  "I thought you might needit more than I did." Rich turned to his left and saw Jubilee sitting inthe next bed.
            Hethought back to what Emplate had made him do.  "Oh God, I'm sorryJubilee.  I didn't mean to hurt you."  He started to cry overit.
            "It'salright.  I've had worse done to me.  Sabertooth has almost killedme once.  And I also don't blame you.  Emplate was controllingyou. You had no choice in what you did.  Everett was in the same situation. I don't blame you.  When Penny bought my bear, I told her to giveit to you. I thought you might have needed it more than I did."
            Richcalmed down as he heard Yvette's nickname.  "Where is Yvette?" Hestarted to panic, wondering if she was Okay.
            "Ithink she said something about getting ready for when you awoke. I waspartially with it when we saw her sitting by your side.  You've hadquite an effect on her.  Also, I think she convinced your father thatyou were alright here."
            Rich'seyes went wide.  "I forgot my father was dropping off my stuff. He likes to know if my life has gotten better, since my uncle committedsuicide.  He and my mother are always afraid if I have made a mistake. I guess he heard that Yvette and I were in love."
            Jubileesmiled and said, "I was half with it, but he seemed to agree that thiswas best for you.  Sean told him how you were the only one able totalk to Penny.  He did sound a little upset when he heard about Emplate."
            Richlooked around and said, "And the building is in one piece. He's the oneI got my temper from."  Rich saw the look on Jubilee's face. She wasshocked.  He remembered telling her about his temper, and it was apparentthat she didn't believe what he just said.  "I take it my father wasvery calm."
            Hewas startled by the fact Emma Frost answered him.  "Your father wasextremely calm.  I think everyone will be glad to see that the twoof you are feeling better.  Penance has been waiting for you to wakeup since the attack yesterday."
            Hehad been out for a day.  The psionic blast must have taken a tollon him.  "Is Yvette here?"
            "Ithought you might ask that.  She is waiting to come in.  I sendher in and go get the others."  Emma Frost went to leave the room.
            Richhad to say this before he forgot to say it.  "Emma, thank you forthe help when I needed it."
            Emmaturned, smiled and said, "I only wish that you had control before attackingJubilee."
            "Thefeeling is mutual, Emma.  I regretted being forced to watch as Emplatemade me hurt her."  Emma left the med unit, and just a moment later,Yvette walked in.  He smiled when he saw how she looked.  Shewas wearing blue dress that accented her beauty.  Her red hair wascombed back, over her shoulders.  "You look lovely, Yvette."
            Sherushed over and hugged him.  "I glad to see you feeling better." Hehad a brief headache when she did so.  Since she was more relaxednow, her approach didn't cause an attack.  "I'm so happy that youare staying here."
            Hehad to agree with her.  They both knew how each felt.  "I gladthat I am staying, too. Yvette, I hope nothing ever separates us." He went to give her a kiss, and then saw Jubilee watching.  He lookedat Jubilee and said, "This is a private moment here."  Jubilee easilygot the picture and turned away form them.  He then went to kiss Yvette.
            Asthe two were kissing, Rich heard Sean say, "Well, I see you two are happyto see each other."  Rich and Yvette were startled by his voice andstopped kissing.
            "Iguess that sort of thing happens when people care about each other. I apologize for not informing you about my father bringing my stuff up."
            "It'salright, lad.  Don't worry yurself about that.  Everyone rightnow would like to know what yur codename will be."
            Richhad to think about that for a moment.  "Is there a mutant named Mimic?"
            "Yes,lad.  He is not someone ye want to meet."
            Richthought some more on the name and finally said, "Skitz.  I'll makethat my nickname."
            Paigesaid, "Is that short for Schizophrenia?"  She knew what he was saying,and Rich nodded.
            Angelosaid, "That's multiple personalities, isn't it."
            BeforeRich could answer, Monet said, "No, Schizophrenia is something completelydifferent."  Rich smiled as Monet noticed the misconception associatedwith Schizophrenia.
            "Rich,Monet, and it fits me due to the fact that it doesn't describe my abilityin the lease."  Yvette had started to giggle, as well as Jubilee. Soon, the laughter was going over everybody.
            Seanfinally settled everyone and said, "Since we got that settled, Rich, Ithink you can spend the rest of the day resting.  Tomorrow, you beginclasses here."
            "Okay,teach."  Everyone left and Rich called to Monet.  "Monet, canI ask you to check on something for me."  As Monet walked over, heturned to Yvette and said, "I need to talk to Monet about something, aboutEmplate." Yvette nodded and left.  Jubilee had left with others, asshe appeared to not be held back by anything.
            "Somethingbothering you, Rich."
            "Monet,when I had your brother's abilities, there was, as best as I can describe,the remnants of a victim in his mind.  They helped me at that criticalmoment I broke free.  They told me to tell there family there wasstill hope.  His name was Marius.  Did you know some by thatname, a possible friend of your brothers."
            Monetsat down in shock.  "Rich, Marius is my brother's first name. Theremust still be a part of him fighting for control.  We might be ableto save my brother from being Emplate forever."
            Richlooked at her and said, "I see.  Well, now you have the message. Monet, I won't tell anyone about his name, if that's what you wish." Rich watched as he nodded slowly and left the med unit.  Rich wasstill exhausted and fell asleep until nightfall.  He left the medlab and headed towards his room.  He figured that he would see Yvettein classes tomorrow.  His life had taken a turn for the best sincehe came to the school.  As he walked to the guy's dorm, he saw thebearded man who told him to come here.
            Theman looked at him and smiled a bit.  Rich heard the man speak in hismind before, but now the man was silent.  Rich asked the man, "Didyou want me to come here, to help Yvette?"
            Theman uttered a word vocally.  Rich finally understood what the manhad done.  The man had said, "Contact."  Rich had made the firstcontact with Yvette that got a vocal response.  He was sent here,by this man, to help them communicate with Yvette.  From these events,life was getting more interesting, and would continue to do so.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment